Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group (21905 Views)

Reps To Probe Payment Of ‘high Acceptance Fees’ In Public Varsities / Children's International School Fees In Lagos That Got People Talking (picture) / What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by SocialFinance: 9:00am On Jun 20, 2019
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by martineverest(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2019
Sportwin:
Una deh mad

Unano see school fees ba
learn to use Ur sense B4 commenting
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by xanie: 9:02am On Jun 20, 2019
In the same vein, why should one pay for a school prospectus. UNIBEN PG prospectus is 5k. The prospectus is even sold after you've gained admission... If this isn't fraud then I dunno what else is. Schools abroad will readily mail you a full-coloured prospectus for you to make an informed decision on the course and school you wish to study in...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by stanliwise(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2019
Anijay1212:
Why bark at the wrong tree nah.
Is it the federal govt that is collecting the money?
Pls go and sue those currupt universities and pls dont fail to join ASSU even if you have to drag them into the suit.
Nonsence.
where did u leave your brain?
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Anijay1212(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2019
stanliwise:
why the insult young man.
Pls tell me did i use my teeth to think when i was typing?
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Anijay1212(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2019
stanliwise:
Pls remove that "wise" from your username or i will have you sued for impersonation.
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2019
this is front page worthy... why would someone pay 30k and above in acceptance fees.. las las education na scam xha
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by stanliwise(m): 9:18am On Jun 20, 2019
Anijay1212:

Pls tell me did i use my teeth to think when i was typing?
You talked so out of point.
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2019
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by hope4life: 9:22am On Jun 20, 2019
Cocao:
Acceptance fee is a way of showing commitment to attending the institution. It should not be a separate fee but should be applied towards the school fees of the student.

If a first year student is supposed to pay 50,000 naira, he should pay an "acceptance deposit" of probably 10,000 and later on conclude the rest.

Yet they will want to rip students off because of acceptance fees. I hope schools are listening.

Your comment hit it on the nail. That's my take on acceptance fee.It's like promising to buy a product but not yet delivered. You now give a deposit to the seller showing you are serious to buy it.By that token,it won't be sold to another person.When you are now ready to carry it, you.pay the balance. If the normal sch.fee is #100k and I've laid #30k as acceptable, my balance of sch.fee should be #70k.But in Nigeria,it is not so.

1 Like

Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Anijay1212(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2019
stanliwise:
You talked so out of point.
Then retract that comment you made and kindly put across your own view and the we can debate constructively.
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by PrisciNoblest(f): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2019
nauto11:
My school collected N25,000

25000 pere.. Newly admitted students in my Alma Malta pay 52000 for those offered normal courses while law students and medical students pay 100000
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 20, 2019
Nigerians are funny people, You cry don’t remove subsidy but you have no money to build roads while spending $3b A YEAR on fuel subsidy and so you spend 3 hours ona bad road that should only take you one hour and burn twice the petrol that journey should take if the road were good. Lagos Ibadan express is said to cost $1b while the rail $2b imagine how many Lagos Ibadan express and rail we could build every year with 3b subsidy. It is taken over 6 years to reconstruct Lagos Ibadan and they still aren’t finished, mostly because money is hard to find but every year we spend $3b subsidizing the riding of big gas guzzling jeeps.

Similarly you say don’t increase fees, so universities cannot attract the best lecturers, they end up producing half baked graduates that are unemployable and yet those who understand the value of true education are spending 10-100 times more in Europe, America and even Ghana to educate their children. Nigerian foreign fees which are between 5m and 50m per year are helping other countries subsidy local education and maintain their standards.

1 Like

Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Gucciboss: 9:44am On Jun 20, 2019
Will they return 16500 that I paid about ten years ago? Please I need that money now plus all the fees I paid. They scammed me angry
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Cocao(f): 9:45am On Jun 20, 2019
hope4life:

Your comment hit it on the nail. That's my take on acceptance fee.It's like promising to buy a product but not yet delivered. You now give a deposit to the seller showing you are serious to buy it.By that token,it won't be sold to another person.When you are now ready to carry it, you.pay the balance. If the normal sch.fee is #100k and I've laid #30k as acceptable, my balance of sch.fee should be #70k.But in Nigeria,it is not so.

Sense will not kill you grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2019
Unizik own dey vex me. Thank God we have finally graduated
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Psoul(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2019
mastercee:
It's high time they abolish abolished this nonsense. It's just a way of ripping students off
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by next2kings(m): 10:08am On Jun 20, 2019
webincomeplus:
This is a simple issue.

Before abolition: acceptance fees = N20,000 & school fees = N40,000.

After abolition: acceptance fees = 0 & school fees = N60,000.

In the end, nothing changes!

If school fees is = 60,000 that means acceptance fee has to be payed all through the study year...so something changed grin
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by nauto11: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2019
PrisciNoblest:

25000 pere.. Newly admitted students in my Alma Malta pay 52000 for those offered normal courses while law students and medical students pay 100000

Chai
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by simplesearch: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2019
Even if it is abolished or abrogated they will still find a way to insert it under miscellaneous or sundry expenses, corruption has eaten deeply into our fabrics.
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Sportwin(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2019
martineverest:
learn to use Ur sense B4 commenting

Shutup oga

U dat use ur sense I have seen u now

U talking abt acceptance fees when students protest against fees as high as 200k+ in state schools they turn a blind eye

Rubbish
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by jonadaft: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2019
Anijay1212:
Why bark at the wrong tree nah.
Is it the federal govt that is collecting the money?
Pls go and sue those currupt universities and pls dont fail to join ASUU even if you have to drag them into the suit.
Nonsence.
Does this one think at all?

Do students pay directly to the school's account?
RRR is with school abi?
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by martineverest(m): 11:04am On Jun 20, 2019
Sportwin:

Shutup oga

U dat use ur sense I have seen u now

U talking abt acceptance fees when students protest against fees as high as 200k+ in state schools they turn a blind eye

Rubbish
can u see that u ve confirmed that Ur lack sense?

is it federal government prerogative to control state tuition fees??....federal government only control federal schools and not state

learn to use Ur sense abeg
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by balonaija(f): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2019
hm
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by webincomeplus(m): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2019
next2kings:

If school fees is = 60,000 that means acceptance fee has to be payed all through the study year...so something changed grin
LOL! Sense will not kill you.
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Anijay1212(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jonathan:
Does this one think at all?
Do students pay directly to the school's account? RRR is with school abi?
Why dont you just have your say and leave my mention alone. Are you daft?
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Mabeth(m): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
God will help the government. Acceptance that does not supposed to exceed 2,000-3000 is now becoming another source of income generation for schools.
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Miscellaneous(m): 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
I would say the call is a right one but then I can't stop to think about the welfare of the lecturers and overall efficiency of the system if such funds are abrogated. It stands to reason that the government will therefore need to provide more funds for tertiary institutions otherwise, the institution will consequently increase tuition fees to compensate for the 'shortcoming.' Whatever the case, it's a right call with wrong methods and certainly will not work as at today. Certainly it won't
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by Sportwin(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
martineverest:
can u see that u ve confirmed that Ur lack sense?

is it federal government prerogative to control state tuition fees??....federal government only control federal schools and not state

learn to use Ur sense abeg

Oga use ur sense too
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by JOTE(m): 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please federal government should leave us alone since once we pay it in 100level that's the end till we graduate

this one that they will scrap it now and paying of school fees will be unbearable

pleaso ooo our government think well ooo
Re: Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group by jonadaft: 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anijay1212:

Why dont you just have your say and leave my mention alone.
Are you daft?
Are you so foolish?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uju Kennedy Ohanenye Visits Lead International School After Viral Bullying Video / First Online University Debuts In Nigeria As FG Issues 37 New Licences / Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.