Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets (27344 Views)

NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria / Indonesian Man Who Sprays Insecticide Into His Mouth While Dancing Topless Dies / Trader Caught Spraying Sniper Insecticide On Stockfish Meant For Sale (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by AfonjaConehead: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
What about Ratak?

grin grin

Lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Martinez19(m): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2019
Bunch of clowns. Why not tell the government to improve the standard of living?
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Angelfrost(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
Unintelligent decision... Why put sand in a legit company's hustle? Did they fail to comply with product and safety guidelines? Did they counsel people to try and use it for suicidal purposes?...

As if other options for suicide don't exist... As if suicide didn't exist prior to the advent of Sniper... As if the absence of sniper will deter a lost cause from attempting suicide...

As if sniper wasn't on sale during the time of past presidents...

Instead of embarking on nationwide sensitization, setting up of suicide hotlines especially in student environments, making serious effort to engage young people in activities that will reduce suicidal tendencies.

Why not also ban the sale of ropes, knives, razor blades, and use of 3rd mainland bridge.

Let the idiocy of this dispensation continue.

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Aystarz: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
xynerise:
This is fuckedup angry

There are more than a 1000 ways to commit suicide...why thinking like a fuckedup nutcase? angry

Because that's what the FG and its fucckking agencies are. A fuccked up nutcase!!!
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by kenostika(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
oz4real83:
it would have been better u didn't say anything instead of this your rubbish. Do u know that many Nigerians live their lives in depression because they have lost hope in life? Many want to work but no work? Many want to set up businesses but no light? Power distribution charge u estimated bills for energy they didn't supply,customers get arrested for protesting against extortion while govt watch without doing anything? Many Nigerians haven't eaten for some days,no hope for food even today. Many farmers are scared of going to farms because of herdsmen. There are many reasons that cause depression which can lead to suicide. If govt provide solutions to some of these problems,suicide will reduce by almost 98%. Next time close your mouth if u know u wanna spew thrash.
And who is the government? Same Nigerians like you and I.The average Nigerian is naturally wicked and heartless.Just put them in position and watch how they unleash pain and terror to their fellow citizens.Nigerians have a destructive mindset.So let us continue to suffer our self inflicted pains.Have you asked yourself why so many countries are hostile to Nigerians?
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Ijawwomaninoyo: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
Liked by 5000 mosquitoes.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by abdull4honest(m): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
If NAFDAC said that only snipper one can use to commit suicide, what about an OMO detergent a 300L female student of UNIBEN used to killed herself yesterday. NAFDAC, what can you do about it.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by ndustan(m): 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
Other form of committing suicide is not easy oo, u can try it (lol) like using rope & jumping from a bridge & high building. Sniper made suicide easy & private. I support the regulation
oz4real83:
Banning sniper will not solve anything. There are many other alternatives out there people can use. The solution against suicide is to find the cause/reason behind it. The country is so messed up. Everything stopped working immediately the british handed over in 1960. Nobody sees a better Nigeria ahead because nothing is on ground to show that things will get better. Everybody needs hope but hope is not forthcoming. May God help us.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by oz4real83(m): 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
wizzyrainy:
So is there hope in suicide?
losing hope is the worst thing that can happen to a person. A person without hope feels there is no reason to live. A person without hope feels depressed and depression can lead to suicide. If u are depressed because of joblessness and on the first day of the month somebody promises u a job at the end of the month. That promise alone even without immediate fulfilment gives u hope and something to live for. It makes u have a reason to stay alive. That is what hope can do. A person without hope sees no reason to live.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by dominique(f): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
JennyOfOldstones:
Exactly! Sniper was originally meant to be used in farms. The company just released an aerosol insectide. They should have done that ages ago when their products started being infamous as a means of suicide. I hope people don't get ideas about using the aerosols for similar purposes. As for reducing the amount of suicides, the ban would help greatly, people intend to commit suicides usually want a quick and relatively painless death. Other methods like hanging, cutting, drowning are too painful and onset of death is not immediate. At least it's going to much harder to buy death being sold dirt-cheap in a bottle.

Making the sniper in form of aerosol is a fantastic idea. It won't be convenient for suicidal people to keep spraying the substance into their mouths. They'd give up before they even started.

They're so many poisonous substances that people can use to commit suicide. I read of an undergraduate who committed suicide by drinking bleach. Should bleach be banned too? Banning of a poisonous substance will only make people look for other options. I understand there's a national suicide helpline suicidal people can call to and get counselling, that's a step in the right direction.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by rid4stat: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
It's a good move at least it will reduce the menace. Suicide cannot be eradicated but reduced. With this move am sure about 20-30% reduction is guaranteed.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by raphy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
when they cant even stop the ssle of cocaine or hard drugs then they think they can stop this one .

stupid people trying to make people jobles in a country full with fake things.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Satan66(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
Emmaxy9:

Although there should look for the cause of suicide and try to solve it, at least this is a good step to show they care.
If you were in their position, what will you do anyway?
Stop coming here to rant when you know you can't do anything..instead appreciate the effort .
*Drops mic*
And what will happen to the workers of sniper?
Won't they go unemployed?
The people who sell sniper?
Some people are retarded in this country.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by 1zynnvn(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Emmaxy9:

Although there should look for the cause of suicide and try to solve it, at least this is a good step to show they care.
If you were in their position, what will you do anyway?
Stop coming here to rant when you know you can't do anything..instead appreciate the effort .
*Drops mic*

So what happens to the companies that produce the product, and pay tax from it. Will they also ban knives ,or close lagoons when suicide bound folks switch over ?? This is no effort all. Its a dumb move

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Eteka1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2019
oz4real83:
Banning sniper will not solve anything. There are many other alternatives out there people can use. The solution against suicide is to find the cause/reason behind it. The country is so messed up. Everything stopped working immediately the british handed over in 1960. Nobody sees a better Nigeria ahead because nothing is on ground to show that things will get better. Everybody needs hope but hope is not forthcoming. May God help us.
Not all suicide cases are due to economic hardship in fact most of the cases reported here on Nairaland are caused by heartbreak, failure to pass an exam or depression.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by adedayourt(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
They listened to my recommendation and here we are. First action in line of curtailing rampant suicide
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by feeloscar(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
Make dem follow ban knives and ropes else dem never start. They should be more concerned about the root cause of suicide and not some 'assumed' secondary solution.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Lamiri(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
If it were Hollywood someone is behind the sales of sniper
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by enemyofprogress: 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
Las las them get brain
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by DaddyMorenike: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
oz4real83:
God bless you. I wish I can send you something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by ceejay80s(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
abdull4honest:
If NAFDAC said that only snipper one can use to commit suicide, what about an OMO detergent a 300L female student of UNIBEN used to killed herself yesterday. NAFDAC, what can you do about it.
Bia biko omo too dey kill? So if omo can kill that means canoe soap can kill too
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by ceejay80s(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
DaddyMorenike:
God bless you. I wish I can send you something.
Don't wish, just send to me and I go transfer to him
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by oz4real83(m): 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
Eteka1:
Not all suicide cases are due to economic hardship in fact most of the cases reported here on Nairaland are caused by heartbreak, failure to pass an exam or depression.
take failure to pass an exam as an example. Imagine somebody who borrowed money to pay school fees to write an exam and failed. That can brIng depression and hence suicide to weak individuals. If we had a better economy,the person can decide to rewrite that exam since he/she can afford it. Hope is the centre of life. Once lost,some don't see reason to live anymore.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by deflover(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
So those that lives in area where there are snakes and scorpions, won't be able to get sniper to fumigate their house, A man that's contemplating suicide won't think bout sniper, he use anything available, the government should set up committee to look into the rampant cases of suicide, not just banning sniper or can they ban rope and stool

People like u ehhhh
If u enter power
Na so so committee u go dey set up
So there needs to be a committee set up to look into rampant suicide
Like seriously you can say this with a straight face
Is the obvious economic issues not enough
U want to set up a committee that will look into the report of another committee that will look into this committee report
When common sense alone can solve it
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Barryseal: 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
oz4real83:
take failure to pass an exam as an example. Imagine somebody who borrowed money to pay school fees to write an exam and failed. That can brIng depression and hence suicide to weak individuals. If we had a better economy,the person can decide to rewrite that exam since he/she can afford it. Hope is the centre of life. Once lost,some don't see reason to live anymore.
Everything is not all about money. Suicide is not exclusive to the poor. Recall the Dr who jumped into the lagoon. He asked his driver to stop and he raced across the bridge and jumped.
How many street beggers have you seen commit suicide?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Eaglefine(f): 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
Chaii! There will be more than enough cockroach in this country.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by oz4real83(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
Barryseal:

Everything is not all about money. Suicide is not exclusive to the poor. Recall the Dr who jumped into the lagoon. He asked his driver to stop and he raced across the bridge and jumped.
How many street beggers have you seen commit suicide?
I am not saying it is only because of money. Depression can come in many ways. I have not had electricity in my place for the past one month even though I am not indebted to bedc in Edo state. They claim some don't pay bills and hence disconnected everybody and even we that pay. I come home every night and use generator. Do u know how frustrating and depressing that can be? The noise from my generator alone is depressing but imagine adding the noise from other generators to my own? I am not always my self with this experience whenever I am going home in the evening. Depression are in different shades and govt contribute in one or two ways to them. At least 85% of depression causing factors will be removed if govt is functioning positively.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Neddstark: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
JennyOfOldstones:
Exactly! Sniper was originally meant to be used in farms. The company just released an aerosol insectide. They should have done that ages ago when their products started being infamous as a means of suicide. I hope people don't get ideas about using the aerosols for similar purposes. As for reducing the amount of suicides, the ban would help greatly, people intend to commit suicides usually want a quick and relatively painless death. Other methods like hanging, cutting, drowning are too painful and onset of death is not immediate. At least it's going to much harder to buy death being sold dirt-cheap in a bottle.

Most sensible post here
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by MiaB(f): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
oz4real83:
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by FAMILYJA(f): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2019
sLentlover7778:
Welcome development.. Most importantly I think they should ban under age relationships...

How do you intend to achieve that?
Re: NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets by Barryseal: 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
oz4real83:
I am not saying it is only because of money. Depression can come in many ways. I have not had electricity in my place for the past one month even though I am not indebted to bedc in Edo state. They claim some don't pay bills and hence disconnected everybody and even we that pay. I come home every night and use generator. Do u know how frustrating and depressing that can be? The noise from my generator alone is depressing but imagine adding the noise from other generators to my own? I am not always my self with this experience whenever I am going home in the evening. Depression are in different shades and govt contribute in one or two ways to them. At least 85% of depression causing factors will be removed if govt is functioning positively.
You're mad at the government for the inability to provide the basics, I totally understand. But suicide is not directly proportional to lack of amenities or poverty. Countries like Sweden, Lithuania and South Korea rank among countries with the highest suicide rate per 1000. These are perfectly well run countries on their merits.
The likes of Afghanistan, Sierra Leone and Somalia rank lower than these supposed first world countries.
Teen suicide rate in US is at an all time high these days.
Depression is a big topic around the world now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dead Rat Found In Bag Of Rice During Economic Hardship / Beware Of Heatstroke In This Period Nigerians / Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.