Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (216909 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Robjer: 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
Onyeka90210:

Okay, so you're saying, when the phone got to seller, he noticed something was off and decided to sell it to someone far away, and then when you informed him, he agreed on a refund, and later inisited the IMEI must match before he refunds?
Using the Matching IMEI as a deal breaker is a sure win for him tho, But at this point we are all on the fence men
fence ? Why ?..the phone (original/clone )the phone isn’t new isn’t that a red flag already..2 how phone go Dey enter recovery mode .maka why
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
Toma2:

Leave Jiji out of this... This is nairaland. If you have the original Box with you... You can bring it forward
Nah, the seller has reputation, and a physical store address.
Well if you have a solution to the problem we would like to hear it
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
selfmadeOLX:

Why the box cannot be neglected is because that’s the only buyer’s defense as it is

Let me clear something, It’s small, but counts

Aside the unusual bold font on the box, there’s the uneven, bent label that holds the wordings at the top.
From the right, slants down to the left.

Apple is a luxury brand yes and they do things to perfection
Such a box will never pass Apples inspection for public consumption being a “Brand New Device” instead it looks like a box that was labeled by amateurs in a rush.

Point 2 are the wordings
The 11 Pro Max do come with a lightning to USB-C cable and wall adapter which are clearly written on all the original boxes I have seen but omitted on the “cloned box”

Again, clumsy amateurs in a rush
Okay then, what's the way forward now?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by selfmadeOLX(m): 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
Onyeka90210:

Okay then, what's the way forward now?

I would like wolfenstein to debunk my findings first, if he can’t, he’d know the right thing to do.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
Robjer:

2. He said he felt the phone was too light that’s why he opened th phone so that’s out of context
3.Imei wasn’t on the sim tray

Box doesn’t match an original iPhone

Boss the fact that wolf Stein already agreed to refund pls we shouldn’t be dragging this anymore abeg ..the phone is obviously a cloned phone

1. There might have been a case whereby you agreed to refund and after some investigation, you decided not to
2. Are you telling me wolfestein doesn’t know fake from original. How come he didn’t know it was fake before sending to sirlop
3. Have you put the box side by side with an iPhone 11 pro max 256gb gold to further buttress your points
4. Why is sirlop not talking about the difference in the phone in Nylon he sent, and the phone covered in screenguard(the screenguard was not visible with the one he sent contained in a Nylon)
5. We are all in this business. When we talk about a clone device, that means it was cloned from another original phone and the only way we detect is: find my phone must be on and it must be activated. How come the phone is not yet activated and Findmyphone is off. Any body that has picked a clone phone with this features should come out.
6. Boss: if a phone is light, does that mean you will have to open a Brandnew sealed phone to confirm your suspicion

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Robjer: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
I believe a full refund should be granted to @sirlop

Buh who am I this doesn’t count I guess let our moderators Handle this carefully in an unbiased rythym Biko

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Also
With the pictures
If you claim it is a clone phone
How come the accessories are intact and Brandnew, and the phone inside the box is cloned. Does a clone phone come with Brandnew accessories and a bad phone
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by amicdan(m): 8:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:
Also
With the pictures
How come the accessories are intact and Brandnew, and the phone inside the box is cloned. Does a clone phone come with Brandnew accessories and a bad phone
Oga your talking in the rubbish. undecided angry

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:
Also
With the pictures

You're either new to this business or you don't have much experience with fake/clone and repackaged phones grin

9 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by selfmadeOLX(m): 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:
Also
With the pictures

Looks like you’re new to the cloning world. Welcome my Prince grin

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Robjer: 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:

1. There might have been a case whereby you agreed to refund and after some investigation, you decided not to
2. Are you telling me wolfestein doesn’t know fake from original. How come he didn’t know it was fake before sending to sirlop
3. Have you put the box side by side with an iPhone 11 pro max 256gb gold to further buttress your points
4. Why is sirlop not talking about the difference in the phone in Nylon he sent, and the phone covered in screenguard(the screenguard was not visible with the one he sent contained in a Nylon)
5. We are all in this business. When we talk about a clone device, that means it was cloned from another original phone and the only way we detect is: find my phone must be on and it must be activated. How come the phone is not yet activated and Findmyphone is off. Any body that has picked a clone phone with this features should come out.
6. Boss: if a phone is light, does that mean you will have to open a Brandnew sealed phone to confirm your suspicion

5. Not in all cases
6. Is that not enough reason ?so phone should be sent to buyer even when you are in doubts ..buh with this statement are you saying @sirlop could have swapped the phone to a cloned one cos that’s the point you are making here
2.someone picked a cloned 12 pro max not too long ago ..it’s business like you said ?

4.@sirlop more pictures pls

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toceenay(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:
Also
With the pictures
What are you even saying?
I'm really pissed off wity everything you've been saying...
You have a million thing to learn Oga

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sirlop(m): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:
Also
With the pictures
Oga, if u don’t know what happened, u contact me. OfferUp is the worst place to buy a sealed phone. Am even surprised he didn’t spot it or he pretended he didn’t know it was. It only took few seconds to spot it wasn’t original. My heart bleeds when I see people come up with mere assumptions as points. Something made me open the phone and I have stated it here. If u care to know what happened, hit me up. Some screenshots can’t be uploaded here. If Wolfenstein is ur friend, just tell us you’ve come to support him.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Robjer:

5. Not in all cases
6. Is that not enough reason ?so phone should be sent to buyer even when you are in doubts ..buh with this statement are you saying @sirlop could have swapped the phone to a cloned one cos that’s the point you are making here
2.someone picked a cloned 12 pro max not too long ago ..it’s business like you said ?

There is a possibility that phone could have been swapped
There is a possibility that seller sold a clone phone
There is a possibility that phone is clone

But we are all forgetting the point that he sent two different phones
One with screenguard and one without screenguard in a nylon.
How does that buttress your point
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sirlop(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
Robjer:

5. Not in all cases

I am uploading more pics. Some people will just open their mouth waaaa, cos they have an opening there
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
sirlop:

Oga, if u don’t know what happened, u contact me. OfferUp is the worst place to buy a sealed phone. Am even surprised he didn’t spot it or he pretended he didn’t know it was. It only took few seconds to spot it wasn’t original. My heart bleeds when I see people come up with mere assumptions as points. Something made me open the phone and I have stated it here. If u care to know what happened, hit me up. Some screenshots can’t be uploaded here. If Wolfenstein is ur friend, just tell us you’ve come to support him.
Sir this is not about being supportive. Kindly state the reason why the phone with the screenguard, is different from the one in the nylon.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sirlop(m): 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:

There is a possibility that phone could have been swapped
There is a possibility that seller sold a clone phone
There is a possibility that phone is clone

But we are all forgetting the point that he sent two different phones
One with screenguard and one without screenguard in a nylon.
How does that buttress your point
No, seller is so experienced, how can he sell a cloned phone?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kindly attend to the reason why the phone with a screenguard is different from the one in the nylon

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by selfmadeOLX(m): 8:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:

Sir this is not about being supportive. [s]Kindly state the reason why the phone with the screenguard[/s], is different from the one in the nylon.

Inconsequential at this time.
If the box can be proven to not be from Apple, nothing else will matter.
If otherwise, we can move on to screenguard and no screenguard

Start from the bottom, then work your way up is the way you solve complex problems like this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
selfmadeOLX:

Start from the bottom, then work your way up is the way you solve complex problems like this one.
Okay boss, one more question,
If it's a Brand New Clone,
Won't the phone be mint or something?

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sirlop(m): 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:

Sir this is not about being supportive. Kindly state the reason why the phone with the screenguard, is different from the one in the nylon.
Oga, this is my last response. The cloned phone came with a screen guard with multiple scratches . It was now inside a nylon bag, before the other outer seal

Am unable to upload pics. Hit me up if u wanna know what happened
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
selfmadeOLX:

If otherwise, we can move on to screenguard and no screenguard

You cant just start from there oga. There’s already a fault stuff there. We have to look at both sides. The box is clone according to you doesnt mean the content must be clone. He sent two pictures and one is showing a phone with screenguard and the other is showing one without screenguard. So you mean you would just let that slide. Wow
What a terrible judge

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by selfmadeOLX(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Onyeka90210:

Not necessarily. A fake could be anything but the original
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
sirlop:

Oga, this is my last response. The cloned phone came with a screen guard with multiple scratches . It was now inside a nylon bag, before the other outer seal

Am unable to upload pics. Hit me up if u wanna know what happened

Sir can you upload the pictures here. One with a screenguard and the other inside a nylon
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sirlop(m): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
Onyeka90210:

Anything can come with a clone phone u are not making sense here. The phone inside the nylon had multiple scratches on screen and wasn’t coming on. It wasn’t even new and the phone is clone. So stop defending mediocrity
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
sirlop:

Anything can come with a clone phone u are not making sense here. The phone inside the nylon had multiple scratches on screen and wasn’t coming on. It wasn’t even new and the phone is clone. So stop defending mediocrity

Why does the phone inside nylon not have a visible scratch or screenguard.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sirlop(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:

Sir can you upload the pictures here. One with a screenguard and the other inside a nylon
Am unable to do that
Drop your phone number if u wanna see what transpired
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2021
sirlop:

Bruh, I am not siding anyone, I'm trying not be biased.
But I guess it's a clear indicator that the phone was a replica from jump and seller should do the needful.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2021
selfmadeOLX:

Not necessarily. A fake could be anything but the original
Okay thanks
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bbmike(m): 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
princesavo:

You cant just start from there oga. There’s already a fault stuff there. We have to look at both sides. The box is clone according to you doesnt mean the content must be clone. He sent two pictures and one is showing a phone with screenguard and the other is showing one without screenguard. So you mean you would just let that slide. Wow
What a terrible judge

Bros I think u should slow down on the typing cos ur not making any sense at all.
I know ur a dealhunter (a renowned one at that sef)
If u saw a deal on offerup for a sealed iPhone with a funny looking packaging would you go ahead with the belief that the actual phone maybe original?

That assumption is very very wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.