Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (216714 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Bayokun(m): 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
bobo65:

When I said this, it was as if I was a bad person.
The whatsapp group is doing more harm than good.

You are wrong about the WhatsApp group doing more harm than good, WhatsApp group doesn’t stop anyone from presenting any issue he/she has with anyone here...The main issue I see here is the blacklist that was abolished not the WhatsApp group.Gracias
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
Till this moment, @Joe17 has not reach out to me for a solution.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Bayokun:

You are wrong about the WhatsApp group doing more harm than good, WhatsApp group doesn’t stop anyone from presenting any issue he/she has with anyone here...The main issue I see here is the blacklist that was abolished not the WhatsApp group.Gracias

Na we wey dey settle matter know as e dey go down, but that's by the way.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2021
Good evening everyone,
With Joy in my heart, I say a very big thanks to each and everyone of you that has helped me to talk to @joe17 to resolve the little misunderstanding.
He has reach out to me and we have settled.
He remains a good guy and my friend...
God Bless You all...

@Humblesteve
Idboyostic
Anopheles
Princesavo
Wildchild1
Kreamie
Emmafe
Emmanu19
Timijoseph01
Bobo65
LearnWisdom
Owodiran1
Aquaspunky

And many other bosses In the building..
Am Humbled!

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sirlop(m): 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
sirlop:

I bought this x and I was sold a locked phone as an unlocked phone. Sobastical, if u didn’t tell him the phone was locked when he purchased as tlc from u, then u are wrong
Matter resolved. Thanks to everyone that contributed. Sobastical is someone I respect so much. Thanks Willbling also for your honesty. We will definitely continue from where we stopped.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by willbling(m): 7:20am On Mar 24, 2021
sirlop:

Matter resolved. Thanks to everyone that contributed. Sobastical is someone I respect so much. Thanks Willbling also for your honesty. We will definitely continue from where we stopped.

Blessings, thanks also for your understanding. Gracias

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
humblesteve:

Even when Adrianhillz chatted me for the first airpod I clearly told him that I can’t break that seal, because it’s not in my place to do so. He understood and sent his person to coke test it at my place before he credited me. He can come forward to testify this too

Mr Joe kindly do the needful

Do you have redmi note 4 (mido) sim tray?

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by humblesteve(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2021
Plead:

Do you have redmi note 4 (mido) sim tray?
No sir
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Bobby2020: 8:15am On Mar 28, 2021
I love this thread. No one gets paid for the work they do to ensure business goes smoothly between individuals and issues ironed out.

The accused and accuser, God go bless una two, for after listening to reason by the notable judges, at most times you agree to reason with your opposing party by accepting to refund/ reach middle ground.

And Kreamie, this paragraph is for you, thank you for opening this thread, AIN/TLC would’ve been a den of thieves (or goats, CC Goatface), and a lot of issues would’ve been left unsettled if this thread wasn’t created. E sure for you

More grease to the internet elbows of y’all

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 9:16am On Mar 28, 2021
The conglomerate of judges make this thread what it is boss, not me.

Kudos to all of us for the good work.
Bobby2020:
I love this thread. No one gets paid for the work they do to ensure business goes smoothly between individuals and issues ironed out.

The accused and accuser, God go bless una two, for after listening to reason by the notable judges, at most times you agree to reason with your opposing party by accepting to refund/ reach middle ground.

And Kreamie, this paragraph is for you, thank you for opening this thread, AIN/TLC would’ve been a den of thieves (or goats, CC Goatface), and a lot of issues would’ve been left unsettled if this thread wasn’t created. E sure for you

More grease to the internet elbows of y’all

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2021
Wow!!! I've so missed many disputes in here... Not easy to keep track, with so many activities of the day to attend to.

It's one thing to have an issue with a buyer and ignore and another to carry the buyer along in letting him/her know and also show that you're working on a resolution. God bless everyone who's had or made a positive contribution to ensuring transactions are safe & secure.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
Good day everyone,
I have a case to present seeking for solution.
Parties involved are;
1: LOA00711 (Florida Shipper and original deal hunter)
2:Myself (Paid Shipper for the deal)
3: Mcmayor (I sold to him)
4: Carlosfelix (Florida handler in Lagos)
5: Alex (Mcmayor boy that picked up from Carlosfelix)

I bought an iPhone 11 Pro 64gb FU from @LOA00711 on 13/03/2021 & Resold to @McMayor on 13/03/2021 as TLC.
Item landed in Lagos on 25/03/2021 and I sent the pickup details to @Mcmayor.
See below the message I sent to @Mcmayor.

(Item; 11pro 98%BH space gray
Phone only
Code- *************

Address: ******************

PLEASE CHECK YOUR ITEMS PROPERLY BEFORE YOU LEAVE. IF YOU ARE SENDING COURIER SERVICE, SAME APPLIES. HE/SHE MUST CHECK PROPERLY BEFORE LEAVING AS I WONT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THEREAFTER)

He (@Mcmayor) sent @Alex to pick it up same day, @Alex & @Carlosfelix took their time to confirm item and @Alex left with the phone same day without complain.

@Mcmayor chatted me up the next day (26/03/2021) and said phone has activation lock after reset.
I was shocked and he (@Mcmayor) suggested and concluded the phone was an “iCloud bypassed phone”.

I contacted @Carlosfelix and he confirmed to me phone was in perfect condition before @Alex left with it.

I also contacted @LOA00711 (after due consultations with some persons), some points he made are:
1: Phone was confirmed Ok before it left his office in Lagos
2: I should not disturb him over this issue and stop giving myself (and him too) headache over this issue
3: And he threaten to curse me (and not reply me too) if I discuss this issue with him again.

After everything said and done, we were left with no other option than to post this here for the general house to help and resolve it.
Note: Every party involved agreed for this to be posted here.
I also have screen shots to backup.

cc:
Kreamie
Lionlee216
Anopheles
Carlosfelix
RakiticBarca
LOA00711
Mcmayor
Lekanberry
Lumide533
AQUASPUNKY
Humblesteve
Iamkinglala
Babawale4real
Idboyostic
Princesavo
Adrianhillz
Sirlop
Wese90
FluxEmpire
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
First picture is Mcmayor
Second picture is LOA00711.
Third is from Carlosfelix

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by LearnWisdom: 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
chelseamann:
Good day everyone,
Parties involved are;

I bought an iPhone 11 Pro 64gb FU from @LOA00711 on 13/03/2021 & Resold to @McMayor on 13/03/2021 as TLC.

Phone only
Code- *************

PLEASE CHECK YOUR ITEMS PROPERLY BEFORE YOU LEAVE. IF YOU ARE SENDING COURIER SERVICE, SAME APPLIES. HE/SHE MUST CHECK PROPERLY BEFORE LEAVING AS I WONT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THEREAFTER)

He (@Mcmayor) sent @Alex to pick it up same day, @Alex & @Carlosfelix took their time to confirm item and @Alex left with the phone same day without complain.

@Mcmayor chatted me up the next day (26/03/2021) and said phone has activation lock after reset.
I was shocked and he (@Mcmayor) suggested and concluded the phone was an “iCloud bypassed phone”.

I contacted @Carlosfelix and he confirmed to me phone was in perfect condition before @Alex left with it.

I also contacted @LOA00711 (after due consultations with some persons), some points he made are:
2: I should not disturb him over this issue and stop giving myself (and him too) headache over this issue
3: And he threaten to curse me (and not reply me too) if I discuss this issue with him again.

After everything said and done, we were left with no other option than to post this here for the general house to help and resolve it.

cc:
Kreamie
Lionlee216
Anopheles
Carlosfelix
RakiticBarca
LOA00711
Mcmayor
Lekanberry
Lumide533
AQUASPUNKY
Humblesteve
Iamkinglala
Babawale4real
Idboyostic
Princesavo
Adrianhillz
Sirlop
Wese90
FluxEmpire

Case well tabled.

Questions for the benefit of doubt;

1) During the check and inspection by McMayors boy, was the phone reset or wiped?

2) Was the imei checked and confirmed “iCloud OFF” and “Find my iPhone OFF”

3) if it was checked, can a bypassed iPhone also give a
“iCloud OFF” and “Find my iPhone OFF”

4)LOA00711 claimed he activated the phone, do you have imei, cause a check would show estimated purchase date as when activated to back up your claims. (You’re indirectly telling us you sold a phone you activated your self, should we assume it was brand new? But the Bh is 98% o )

After all said, LOA00711 obviously bears the greatest burden in this case, this is not a case of “it tested ok before he picked from my office”. Item was bypassed, you might have been oblivious of this before you purchased over there.

Item should be returned to Carlos, after confirming if it’s the same phone sold, a refund should be made. This is the downside of this business, but in all, we will overcome. LOA00711, do the needful sir

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by AquaSpunky(m): 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
From this narrative, you haven’t seen the phone since it got to naija, so it’s between the buyer & the shipper who sold the phone to you.

Did the Florida shipper provide IMEI when you paid for the item? If yes, did you check it?
Did he, as a picker, check the IMEI? (I’d like to think that most, if not all pickers do this upon or before pick up).
Once he provides proof that he did & find my iPhone was off, @McMayor will have questions to answer.
If Florida shipper doesn’t have proof, he can simply ask the seller to remove item from his/her iCloud device/s.
And what’s with the threat? How did it degenerate to that? Everyone is answerable, abeg, irrespective of your position, so long as there is a discrepancy.

Might I add that, phone is in perfect condition doesn’t mean it’s totally free from activation lock.

chelseamann:
Good day everyone,
Parties involved are;

Phone only
Code- *************

cc:
Kreamie
Lionlee216
Anopheles
Carlosfelix
RakiticBarca
LOA00711
Mcmayor
Lekanberry
Lumide533
AQUASPUNKY
Humblesteve
Iamkinglala
Babawale4real
Idboyostic
Princesavo
Adrianhillz
Sirlop
Wese90
FluxEmpire

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by McMayor(m): 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Hi. Yes my staff picked the phone and as usual. Alex usually check phone physical condition before leaving pick up spot. Conditions he normally check...

Face ID
Battery Health
True Tone
Cracks
Memory size
Cameras

So yes, Alex checked all the stated above to be working fine at the spot of pick up. Next day when I saw the phone which customer also came to our office to possibly buy... Customer said he would like to restore the phone as his friends told him "phone could be WWU as against FU". Since I am sure(Chelseamann) said phone is FU and I don't have anything to hide to Customer I was happy to do the factory reset. While trying to configure phone... phone asked for icloud. Immediately I went cold to Customer. I had to look for a story to tell client to avoid the embarrassments as we don't have a replacement for his order... Immediately, I sent message to Chelseamann. I am even surprised to be told its possible Alex / myself could intentionally icloud lock this phone... A phone I paid for to make some gains.

I have uploaded an example of what Alex normally check on phones while picking up.

In addition, I have asked for pictures of the paid check that was done of this phone but till date, I am yet to receive check results that phone is indeed icloud free.

I dont think I should be involved in this but if anything is needed from me, I will be happy to help.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lionlee216(m): 5:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
From my own view of point as a picker, when I get pickup request for a phone, even at the point of pickup, I will check if the FMI is ON and off. upon confirmation, I will then proceed with the phone.

If I'm checking for icloud lock, I have no reasons to keep the search results on my phone since it showed its off but if I'm checking checking unlock status, definitely I will have a copy of the search result.

For the Picker, if the seller told you it's FU, then I'm sure you did a status check and u should have a record of it. If the seller said it's locked, im sure the only check u will do it the icloud thing(I'm saying this based on personal experience).

Providing the imei history based on icloud check won't work cos no one keeps such a history.

Chelseamann already made it clear saying all items must be checked before leaving. So it's it's duty of whoever is picking the phone up to make sure everything is as described even the picker's guy along confirmed the phone was checked before leaving according to screenshot. So I dont see how chelseamann is at fault now.

Finally to the buyer, im surprised the icloud thing was discovered the 2nd day.

All im saying Cheleamann has no fault based on evidence.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
Chelseaman and dispute na like 5&6.
Alaye you no go leave phone matter go dey do vulcanizer so?

15 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
Discovery of the icloud thingy was based on reset request by the customer. For those who have been in the business of getting items in stocks, we know how difficult it is to check every item that comes in especially when you own or work in an office. There would be much to be done and left undone.

Some issues you never noticed that particular day may be discovered the next day because someone brought the thought, since we can't be all knowing... For example, if thi said phone wasn't icloud issue based, it could be possibly something like the iphone not browsing after someone suggested it should be used to surf the net or probably having speaker issues after it was suggested the phone was used to play a video on YouTube...things a buyer (not an end user) may not notice at first.
lionlee216:
From my own view of point as a picker, when I get pickup request for a phone, even at the point of pickup, I will check if the FMI is ON and off. upon confirmation, I will then proceed with the phone.

If I'm checking for icloud lock, I have no reasons to keep the search results on my phone since it showed its off but if I'm checking checking unlock status, definitely I will have a copy of the search result.

For the Picker, if the seller told you it's FU, then I'm sure you did a status check and u should have a record of it. If the seller said it's locked, im sure the only check u will do it the icloud thing(I'm saying this based on personal experience).

Providing the imei history based on icloud check won't work cos no one keeps such a history.

Chelseamann already made it clear saying all items must be checked before leaving. So it's it's duty of whoever is picking the phone up to make sure everything is as described even the picker's guy along confirmed the phone was checked before leaving according to screenshot. So I dont see how chelseamann is at fault now.

Thanks
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Anopheles: 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2021
lionlee216:

Thanks

Nah, chief. This isn't it, boss...

Checking for cracks, face id and missing those during lagos pickup is one thing and can be forgone if the buyer missed it. Having an icloud locked phone is a different case

I'm sure if you sent someone to pick up and inspect a phone, he wouldn't register his icloud on it. I myself don't log in to iphones that have landed in Lagos.

Picker picked a phone and said he checked the icloud, which is fine. Picker didn't send pics of the icloud check to Chelseamann. Picker didn't send the IMEI to Chelseamann. Picker or Chelseamann didn't run an IMEI check. If they have the IMEI, it should be provided from their previous check. If it matches with the one Mcmayor has and the FMI is off, they're totally free.

If they can't provide IMEI of a phone that was picked and sold which in turn was sold as FU, icloud unlocked to Mcmayor, then they're responsible for it. There's no politics here

Picker and seller should provide the IMEI of the phone that's sold to Mcmayor as well as the IMEI check; or a pic of the icloud page unlocked when it's sold to the parties involved.

Mcmayor cannot be held responsible just because his worker didn't register his icloud on the iPhone.

Salud...

12 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
Alfred74:
Its a phase...it will soon be over.

13 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lionlee216(m): 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
Alfred74:

I swear you no well grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lionlee216(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
Cutelukz, can I slide in your DM?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
chelseamann has no fault on this simply because he specifically mentioned that item must be checked before leaving; meaning he left the door wide open for either an "acceptance or rejection" of the phone...

Where I'm having a concern is the threat and intention to cuss for an item told of a particular and not subsequent complains because subsequent complains could be bugging but for an item that wasn't used up to a week and was reported the next day after receiving it, a threat was a no-no. If that was the way each customer rep of every big online company were attending to their customers, those reps would be fired..

The threat was not needed at all and all it spelt was that there was something fishy...that's an unnecessary aggressive mode activated there.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
lionlee216:

I swear you no well grin grin

grin Our daddy sir,if its smelling like fish,na fish o.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
chelseamann:
Its a phase...it will soon be over.

Amen o.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2021
Back to basics.

If na mcmayor boy put icloud ontop the iPhone, easy breezy he wouldn't have a problem removing it,same applies to mcmayor.

The god of icloud won't just mysteriously put icloud on an iphone in transit.

Finally, oga Florida picker,many things wen I don hear wey you don do guys when it comes to pick up,how you don run many people street. If I start to de talk, basket go full. Count your tooth with your pink man,you know where the short coming of this icloud matter emanate from. You no need dey reason curse Chelseaman. Him eye don see many already this year.
Your music career dey infront of you, no use small mess take spoil big yansh,you already know,no be every prey wey python put for mouth e fit swallow.

Drops mic.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Babaisaac(m): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2021
For me there’s not much to deliberate on here, this na simple matter
@LOA00711 and Chelseaman should provide the serial/imei for the device or a screenshot of the iCloud page showing FMI was turned off and should be matched with the device @Mcmayor picked up. For me I don’t think any picker will pickup a phone without observing, checking or having the imei of the phone handy, because that’s the basics of any iPhone pickup.

Faulting his staff for not checking imei or signing in iCloud before leaving I don’t think that’s viable. The imei should be provided from both parties to resolve this case.

Except the phone wasn’t extensively checked during pickup.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by chelseamann(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2021
Babaisaac:
For me there’s not much to deliberate on here, this na simple matter
@LOA00711 and Chelseaman should provide the serial/imei for the device or a screenshot of the iCloud page showing FMI was turned off and should be matched with the device @Mcmayor picked up. For me I don’t think any picker will pickup a phone without observing, checking or having the imei of the phone handy, because that’s the basics of any iPhone pickup.

Faulting his staff for not checking imei or signing in iCloud before leaving I don’t think that’s viable. The imei should be provided from both parties to resolve this case.

Except the phone wasn’t extensively checked during pickup.
@ LOA00711 has refused to provide any IMEI to me.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cutelukz: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2021
No problem Sir. Carry money come too.
lionlee216:
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cutelukz: 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
lionlee216:
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by drakeskull(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2021
cutelukz:

lipsrsealed olowo

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.