Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (217828 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2022
Good morning guys
@hencred
posted an iPhone 11pro max (FU,256GB) with 84%BH and slight scratches on screen) for 355k

I messaged him if he is interested in swapping a phone I got a phone here less than 4days.
My phone spec is iPhone 11pro(FU,256GB) with 88% BH

We concluded i add 30k for the swap from my 11pro to his 11pro max. I made sure to ask if the phone was AIN deal or Nigerian used.

We concluded the transaction on sunday and he sent his phone on sunday (9th)

I transferred my stuffs from my 11pro to his 11pro max and I sent the 11pro and his 30k cash on monday(10th)

On Wednesday, I noticed if I want to take pictures in dark room, or not too bright room, the phone vibrates minimally and the camera becomes blurry.

But when I take pictures outside with good brightness, it works fine.
Yesterday was the worst. I got another iPhone 11pro max for my girlfriend and I wanted to be sure. I tried the camera on both phone and only mine(Henred) phone was giving me that issue. When I went to an outlet same yesterday, I tried FaceTiming babe and she immediately made mention of my blurry camera(I told her to screen record for proof sake of which I have).
I called Henred and he said he was on his way home, and we should talk later at night. At night, he emphasized it was a software issue and advised I reset the phone. I did a backup and did the reset, hoping everything goes back to normal. And i made mention to him, that I wouldn’t want any stuff that will warrant me fixing the phone, I’d rather do an exchange.
Surprisingly, the camera remained the same after I did the reset.

I messaged him this morning, stating that the camera still gives the same issue. And he said he already spoke to an engineer, and the engineer will fix it. I emphasized on the fact that, I don’t want to fix a phone, as I don’t trust phones giving me issues days after I get them and me fixing them later on. I fear for other problems.

And i stated that since he has an iPhone 11pro max for sale, I was willing to add cash and get that. Surprisingly(very funny guy), he said I should add 90k to this one to get that. I laughed it off and emphasized on the fact that I am also a reseller and I know how things run. He said he has another one of 85% BH and I should add 60k.
I stated the following
1. How much did he value my iPhone 11pro (FU, 256GB) 88BH. Does that mean he valued it at 270k?
And he said some intangible things about swap and bla bla bla

I told him I was no longer interested in the swap deal and I wanted my phone back. And when he asked how much I was willing to drop in getting another phone, I stated that the max i can do is 20k.
And I gave him two options
1. Either I go extra miles in getting my phone back(of which I don’t care might dent his image)
2. Or he willingly send my phone and money back and I return his.

And to be on the good side
I am bringing this here before I go extra miles in doing what’s in my mind.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jamesilvar(m): 11:56am On Jan 14, 2022
princesavo:
Good morning guys
@hencred or @Henrixx
posted an iPhone 11pro max (FU,256GB) with 84%BH and slight scratches on screen) for 355k

I messaged him if he is interested in swapping a phone I got a phone here less than 4days.

We concluded i add 30k for the swap from my 11pro to his 11pro max. I made sure to ask if the phone was AIN deal or Nigerian used.

I transferred my stuffs from my 11pro to his 11pro max and I sent the 11pro and his 30k cash on monday(10th)

On Wednesday, I noticed if I want to take pictures in dark room, or not too bright room, the phone vibrates minimally and the camera becomes blurry.

Yesterday was the worst. I got another iPhone 11pro max for my girlfriend and I wanted to be sure. I tried the camera on both phone and only mine(Henred) phone was giving me that issue. When I went to an outlet same yesterday, I tried FaceTiming babe and she immediately made mention of my blurry camera(I told her to screen record for proof sake of which I have).
I called Henred and he said he was on his way home, and we should talk later at night. At night, he emphasized it was a software issue and advised I reset the phone. I did a backup and did the reset, hoping everything goes back to normal. And i made mention to him, that I wouldn’t want any stuff that will warrant me fixing the phone, I’d rather do an exchange.

I messaged him this morning, stating that the camera still gives the same issue. And he said he already spoke to an engineer, and the engineer will fix it. I emphasized on the fact that, I don’t want to fix a phone, as I don’t trust phones giving me issues days after I get them and me fixing them later on. I fear for other problems.

And i stated that since he has an iPhone 11pro max for sale, I was willing to add cash and get that. Surprisingly(very funny guy), he said I should add 90k to this one to get that. I laughed it off and emphasized on the fact that I am also a reseller and I know how things run. He said he has another one of 85% BH and I should add 60k.
I stated the following
1. How much did he value my iPhone 11pro (FU, 256GB) 88BH. Does that mean he valued it at 270k?

I told him I was no longer interested in the swap deal and I wanted my phone back. And when he asked how much I was willing to drop in getting another phone, I stated that the max i can do is 20k.
1. Either I go extra miles in getting my phone back(of which I don’t care might dent his image)

If the iphone 11 pro hasn’t been sold to someone else then this matter na easy something na. Everyone shld return the phones n cash and continue being friends.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
This is easy.

Make una press UNDO button.
princesavo:
Good morning guys
@hencred or @Henrixx

I stated the following

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by EFCCgbenga: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2022
princesavo:
Good morning guys
@hencred or @Henrixx

I stated the following

Funny but this Just seems like a child's play to me. (Cut sweet give me, I go give you 2 biscuits)kids

You think after playing with your iphones and swapping all around, you can't bring this type of issue for us to deliberate on.

You both go reach an agreement like a responsible adult. (Henry hold you no thing, from your write up, it seems you like swapping)
He has what you want, he calls the shot.

You negotiate with him and keep the swapping going on.

this time try to confirm pro max if it works fine before you add "more cash" .

As for you trying to undo the first deal, that can't be possible.

It's a swap deal... probably henry might have swapped your phone. ( And theys nothing you can do about it. )

You only have one option.

Negotiate with him peacefully for that better pro max

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by gmacnoms(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
EFCCgbenga:

Funny but this Just seems like a child's play to me. (Cut sweet give me, I go give you 2 biscuits)kids

You think after playing with your iphones and swapping all around, you can't bring this type of issue for us to deliberate on.

You both go reach an agreement like a responsible adult. (Henry hold you no thing, from your write up, it seems you like swapping)

It's a swap deal... probably henry might have swapped your phone. ( And theys nothing you can do about it. )

You mumu sha o

10 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by EFCCgbenga: 9:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
gmacnoms:
You mumu sha o
Ok, lowlifes like you are always sharp online.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Auskyd(m): 12:31am On Jan 15, 2022
EFCCgbenga:

Cruise EFCC lmao.

Amazing how you can sound so obtuse with ease.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by princesavo(m): 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
princesavo:
Good morning guys
@hencred or @Henrixx

I stated the following

Thanks to everyone who contributed
The issues has been sorted out

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by henrixx(m): 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2022
princesavo:

Thanks to everyone who contributed
The issues has been sorted out
bros. I keep getting mentions on this. people go think say na me. you should have properly quoted the exact name of the person in question

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by gmacnoms(m): 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
EFCCgbenga:

Ok, lowlifes like you are always sharp online.
ehen? Ok o
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 3:19am On Jan 17, 2022
Great to know that the issue had been solved but IMO, you won't stand out as a good judge.
Buyer says the device develops cam issues in a dark room but works fine in a bright place and your take was that he should've confirmed it next time like in what way?
- turn day into night to test the cam's capability in a dark room

Even you wey buy brand new phone for the first time (as you nor like swapping), naso you carry phone enter dark room to confirm say camera dey work for dark?
I fear for who go carry case give you judge.

Whether he likes swapping or not wasn't a concern of yours to start with and even when swapping, it's quite good enough for one to state the issues on ground.
EFCCgbenga:

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iamoyindamola(m): 7:59am On Jan 17, 2022
EFCCgbenga:

Is this idiot for real
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Auskyd(m): 8:34am On Jan 17, 2022
FluxEmpire:
Great to know that the issue had been solved but IMO, you won't stand out as a good judge.
Buyer says the device develops cam issues in a dark room but works fine in a bright place and your take was that he should've confirmed it next time like in what way?

Even you wey buy brand new phone for the first time (as you nor like swapping), naso you carry phone enter dark room to confirm say camera dey work for dark?

Whether he likes swapping or not wasn't a concern of yours to start with and even when swapping, it's quite good enough for one to state the issues on ground.

Boss, you Don fall hand dey reply this moniker.

You no know say na Oba Cruise?

Lmfao the dimwit no know anything abeg. Just vibes and nonsense all day.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2022
No vex, Oga mi. The thing just touch me like say na me him dey follow talk
Auskyd:

Boss, you Don fall hand dey reply this moniker.

You no know say na Oba Cruise?

Lmfao the dimwit no know anything abeg. Just vibes and nonsense all day.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by EFCCgbenga: 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2022
FluxEmpire:

It was a swapped deal between both phones anything can happen.
Unlike an outright purchase of a phone, where money was used.

Big difference.

So complainant coming to say he wants his phone back, not possible.
He was the one who went to seller and requested a swap (which seller told him to add money.. because his own has more worth)

Which he did...but don't forget it's a swap deal of phones.

Complainant saw that the phone he swapped for not working 100% ( he requested to get a higher one from seller...seller said okay..add more money to it)

Complainant either accepts it or leave it.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Auskyd(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2022
EFCCgbenga:

It was a swapped deal between both phones anything can happen.
Unlike an outright purchase of a phone, where money was used.

Big difference.

So complainant coming to say he wants his phone back, not possible.
He was the one who went to seller and requested a swap (which seller told him to add money.. because his own has more worth)

Which he did...but don't forget it's a swap deal of phones.

Complainant saw that the phone he swapped for not working 100% ( he requested to get a higher one from seller...seller said okay..add more money to it)

Complainant either accepts it or leave it.

Didn't think your IQ could go any lower, but hey, you never disappoint.

Top quality rubbish as always.

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by adisababa1234: 6:59am On Feb 05, 2022
Rakiticbarca:
this is an impressive piece that sums up our position as DHs, thanks for this.
In all honesty I don't think theirs any DH that will come out here and say he/she is having it easy.

I also understand lionlee's position to an extent. Nobody is asking Pickers/Shippers not to collect extra charges, but do it with moderation, do it with decency, all these unnecessary exploitations are uncalled-for.

You send a deal to a Picker/shipper with the intention of selling as TLC and by the time they slam there usual charges on it, you end up looking for ways to sell the said item AIN.

Am just seeing this.
This should be looked into ,am begging all the big bros in the house.DH hunting is becoming tiring but I guess most of the big boys DHs are not complaining.
The rate of charging should be looked into just as wildchild mentioned.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by aril: 12:18am On Feb 07, 2022
I am Aril

I am here to report 2 sperate case about (a) CyberPower Desktop and (b) IbuyPower Desktop. that was sold to me by Emmy96

First, i want to apologize for this crazy lengthy post. I have tried to cut it short and precise but it is just too lengthy. So, no vex abeg just help me read am. Your contribution, sincere judgment and possible solution will be highly appreciated.

======================
CyberPower Desktop
Specification:
I9 11th gen
RTX 3070
16g ram
1tb ssd
2tb hdd
Cost 1m 250k

==================
Emmy sold me a CyberPower desktop that arrived with a damaged glass case. He pleaded that the desktop case got damaged in transit and he asked if there’s a way to get replacement case for it. I told him I bought a replacement case for my MSI AEGIS DESKTOP through AIM Gadget. So, I told him it is possible to get a replacement case but i don’t know how much it’ll sell for. I told Emmy, I will contact AIM Gadget and revert back to him.

I reached out to AIM gadget to inquire about replacement case price and the workmanship. While I was at that Emmy had proceeded to chatting with the picker to negotiate the price of the replacement case and the workmanship without waiting for me to revert to him back about the price I got from AIM. Eventually, the price Emmy bargained with the picker wasn’t enough to cover for the replacement case plus the workmanship.

So, the process of getting a new replacement case was halted because of this. It is worth stating that the initial replacement case AIM wanted to sell wasn’t yet in Nigeria, but the one that was readily available goes for 200k.

After back and forth on a lengthy chat btw I and Emmy. I contacted AIM Gadget again, I ask for update about the case that was in transit. He told me the case isn’t looking promising anymore then I begged him to give me a good discount as I need to change the case of the CyberPower desktop and sell it off. AIM Gadget is my regular client and I usually give him good deals, as such he told me to pay 185k for a 200k replacement case.

- Breakdown is 165k for the new replacement case + 20k for the workmanship, total is 185k

[1[1/13, 2:13 PM] Aril: The case is 165k + cleaning out shattered glass and coupling back all components 20k (workmanship)
[1/13, 2:13 PM] Aril: Remember that case was said to be 200k
[1/13, 2:14 PM] Aril: I chatted him up and he said he's not sure of the case again and told me to pay 165k for this then workmanship 20k...
[1/13, 2:14 PM] Aril: Total is 185k
[1/13, 2:15 PM] Emmy: Ok bro

Emmy asked me if am “Willing to help with anything momentarily”. I told him I don’t have cash and that he’s aware I have money issues. We both discuss about how his 6m was hanging somewhere as well. I asked him how much he’s willing to drop for the replacement case at the moment, and that I will discuss with my bro about his situation so that he can add the balance and Emmy will refund it back later.
[1/13, 2:32 PM] Aril: How much can you drop now. Maybe I can tell my bro you will balance later that you had some cash hanging somewhere.
[1/13, 2:33 PM] Aril: If he can add the remaining up and we get the desktop fix will be best. At least that will b out of the way
[1/13, 2:33 PM] Emmy: Yes
[1/13, 2:33 PM] Emmy: Make I drop 100 now
[1/13, 2:33 PM] Emmy: To bal 85
[1/13, 3:06 PM] Aril: Alright..
[1/13, 3:07 PM] Emmy: Drop the account

Payment for the new desktop case and workmanship was sorted. I took the CyberPower desktop to AIM gadget engineer to remove the glass particles that fell inside the core part of the desktop and to also change the case. I had personally detached the ram, ssd, hdd, gpu, coolant and the processor. All components were placed inside a brown box cushioned with bubble wraps and protective foam. I couldn’t get the psu out so I left it untouched. I took a snapshot of everything i took out just for fun.

After the replacement case was changed and all components were fitted back. The desktop was turned on and

The following issues were detected by the engineer:

a. One 8g ram was said to be damaged among the (2 * 8g ram = 16g ram) then the other 8g ram is functioning.

b. The gpu was said to be damaged (according to the image that was sent to me by AIM when I requested for update about the desktop. The desktop was displaying a greenish strip (screen glitches) on the desktop homepage indicating a damaged gpu.

I immediately reached out to Emmy and I notified him about it.

Our conversation:

Aril:
“Another problem…
That image u re seeing is the one that came with a broken glass. The glass that shattered inside the desktop had damage the GPU this is just coming as update from the person that transferred it to the new casen.”

Emmy:
“Remember, I did tell you to power the desktop there and test it before you leave since na only glass break.”

Argument ensued btw us because Emmy lied, he never told me to power on the desktop. If he had told me to power on the desktop with a broken glasses inside it, i am not dumb, I will would’ve told him I can’t do it. In my own little understanding the desktop shouldn’t be turned on until all particles that fell inside had been cleared out.

Emmy came up with series of excuses. He said the desktop was pickup for me, I sent him the link, I am responsible for everything. He even went on to suggest that there's a possibility that the gpu had been changed at AIM office or his engineer might have dropped the gpu. Luckily, i took out most of the components myself and I snapped them.

Fast forward, I told Emmy to ask the handler the gravity of the particles and the impact inside the desktop components, if it is possible to power on that kind of desktop in that condition. At a point I was telling the handler that night, "I hope that this damaged glass particles won’t spoil anything inside like this". When tried to removed one small glass that hung beside the ram it cut my finger. In fact, that night beside his gate, at the handler’s house I still managed to take out some glass particle because it was just too much inside the desktop and the box. The handler was there assisting me to see through with his phone's flash light. We can still ask him.

After back-and-forth on a serious squabble, Emmy hinted me about Mr. John’s expertise with regards to troubleshooting desktop. I am well acquainted with him and I have upmost confidence in his handling and decision. I took the desktop to Mr. John to do a critical diagnosis and proffer possible solution. He (john) checked the desktop critically and the result was that the gpu was damaged. I sent Emmy images John sent me after he managed to drive the gpu with Nvidia driver. The desktop is still with Mr. John till this moment.

I have since reached out to Emmy to ask for refund or possible solution. He said, i gave him the link to pickup and i paid him for the item he helped me to pickup. I thought there was a little development btw emmy and Kreamie but i did not hear from him again till the moment.

(b) IbuyPower Desktop
==================
IbuyPower Desktop
I7 10th gen
RTX 3080ti
16g ram
1tb ssd
Cost: 1m 450k

==================
Emmy sold me an ibuypower desktop that was claimed to be brand new. A known client reached out to me to bring the desktop to him at Lekki. Prior to that, I had sent him video of the desktop's showing the full specification and model on the desktop as shown on its sticker. I delivered the desktop to my client, and he opened the desktop in my presence to have a glimpse. Afterwards, he made full payment and I took my leave. I was like 10min away when the buyer’s msg pop up on whatsapp.

He said bro,
I said, I am here.

He said the desktop isn’t displaying on his monitor but it desktop powered on fine. I told him to make sure he connect the hdmi to the gpu port and not to the mboard hdmi port. He connected the hdmi to the gpu, still no display on the monitor. He tried it on his tv no display. I notified Emmy about the development immediately and he said brand new sealed desktop and added an emogi.

I did some googling and I asked AIM for possible troubleshooting. AIM Gadget told me what I had hinted my buyer to do before which didn’t work. I entered Reddit to see if i could find a solution but nothing worked. I returned back to my client’s house after few hours to pick up the desktop after all walkthrough and advices I was given didn’t work and I refunded him back.

Mr. John also checked out this desktop for possible issues. The RTX 3080ti turn out to be damaged. It never displayed till I left John’s house that night but it powered on.

The following day, Mr. Jonh later sent me a voice msg and hinted me that he finally tried another gpu on the ibuypower desktop and it powered on. His conclusion was that the RTX 3080Ti was bad.

I reached out to emmy for refund and potential solution. He said he doesn't have much to say.

The two desktop cost 2.7m. He's yet to pay me the 85k i added to secure the replacement case for cyberpower desktop.

*P. S: I would be more than willing to provide evidences to all of my claims*

*Additionally, i never sent him links to either of the two defective desktops which he sold to me, he offered them to me out of the blue*

*I've had several dealings with Emmy some good, some bad and some downright ugly. On almost every occasion, I've fashioned solutions to problems encountered as a result of items sold to me as brand new but arrived as badly used or damaged. None of these solutions involve him giving me a refund, not even in part. This is because i would often bite the bullet and take the loss as long as i don't have to nag anyone for payment and my relationship both with him (Emmy) and my clients isn't fractured*

Thank you all for reading...

Kreamie
Rakiticbarca
Sobastical
Omicpet
Idboystic
Temihatz
Visita
omotolsy
Timijoseph
Dthinkerman
atoje
Tydghost
webfocus
D4donnn
Chelseamann

Aril

11 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sheelay(m): 9:02am On Feb 07, 2022
aril:
I am Aril

I am here to report 2 sperate case about (a) CyberPower Desktop and (b) IbuyPower Desktop. that was sold to me by Emmy96

First, i want to apologize for this crazy lengthy post. I have tried to cut it short and precise but it is just too lengthy. So, no vex abeg just help me read am. Your contribution, sincere judgment and possible solution will be highly appreciated.

======================
CyberPower Desktop
Specification:
I9 11th gen
RTX 3070
16g ram
1tb ssd
2tb hdd
Cost 1m 250k

==================
Emmy sold me a CyberPower desktop that arrived with a damaged glass case. He pleaded that the desktop case got damaged in transit and he asked if there’s a way to get replacement case for it. I told him I bought a replacement case for my MSI AEGIS DESKTOP through AIM Gadget. So, I told him it is possible to get a replacement case but i don’t know how much it’ll sell for. I told Emmy, I will contact AIM Gadget and revert back to him.

I reached out to AIM gadget to inquire about replacement case price and the workmanship. While I was at that Emmy had proceeded to chatting with the picker to negotiate the price of the replacement case and the workmanship without waiting for me to revert to him back about the price I got from AIM. Eventually, the price Emmy bargained with the picker wasn’t enough to cover for the replacement case plus the workmanship.

So, the process of getting a new replacement case was halted because of this. It is worth stating that the initial replacement case AIM wanted to sell wasn’t yet in Nigeria, but the one that was readily available goes for 200k.

After back and forth on a lengthy chat btw I and Emmy. I contacted AIM Gadget again, I ask for update about the case that was in transit. He told me the case isn’t looking promising anymore then I begged him to give me a good discount as I need to change the case of the CyberPower desktop and sell it off. AIM Gadget is my regular client and I usually give him good deals, as such he told me to pay 185k for a 200k replacement case.

- Breakdown is 165k for the new replacement case + 20k for the workmanship, total is 185k

[1[1/13, 2:13 PM] Aril: The case is 165k + cleaning out shattered glass and coupling back all components 20k (workmanship)
[1/13, 2:13 PM] Aril: Remember that case was said to be 200k
[1/13, 2:14 PM] Aril: I chatted him up and he said he's not sure of the case again and told me to pay 165k for this then workmanship 20k...
[1/13, 2:14 PM] Aril: Total is 185k
[1/13, 2:15 PM] Emmy: Ok bro

Emmy asked me if am “Willing to help with anything momentarily”. I told him I don’t have cash and that he’s aware I have money issues. We both discuss about how his 6m was hanging somewhere as well. I asked him how much he’s willing to drop for the replacement case at the moment, and that I will discuss with my bro about his situation so that he can add the balance and Emmy will refund it back later.
[1/13, 2:32 PM] Aril: How much can you drop now. Maybe I can tell my bro you will balance later that you had some cash hanging somewhere.
[1/13, 2:33 PM] Aril: If he can add the remaining up and we get the desktop fix will be best. At least that will b out of the way
[1/13, 2:33 PM] Emmy: Yes
[1/13, 2:33 PM] Emmy: Make I drop 100 now
[1/13, 2:33 PM] Emmy: To bal 85
[1/13, 3:06 PM] Aril: Alright..
[1/13, 3:07 PM] Emmy: Drop the account

Payment for the new desktop case and workmanship was sorted. I took the CyberPower desktop to AIM gadget engineer to remove the glass particles that fell inside the core part of the desktop and to also change the case. I had personally detached the ram, ssd, hdd, gpu, coolant and the processor. All components were placed inside a brown box cushioned with bubble wraps and protective foam. I couldn’t get the psu out so I left it untouched. I took a snapshot of everything i took out just for fun.

After the replacement case was changed and all components were fitted back. The desktop was turned on and

The following issues were detected by the engineer:

a. One 8g ram was said to be damaged among the (2 * 8g ram = 16g ram) then the other 8g ram is functioning.

b. The gpu was said to be damaged (according to the image that was sent to me by AIM when I requested for update about the desktop. The desktop was displaying a greenish strip (screen glitches) on the desktop homepage indicating a damaged gpu.

I immediately reached out to Emmy and I notified him about it.

Our conversation:

Aril:
“Another problem…
That image u re seeing is the one that came with a broken glass. The glass that shattered inside the desktop had damage the GPU this is just coming as update from the person that transferred it to the new casen.”

Emmy:
“Remember, I did tell you to power the desktop there and test it before you leave since na only glass break.”

Argument ensued btw us because Emmy lied, he never told me to power on the desktop. If he had told me to power on the desktop with a broken glasses inside it, i am not dumb, I will would’ve told him I can’t do it. In my own little understanding the desktop shouldn’t be turned on until all particles that fell inside had been cleared out.

Emmy came up with series of excuses. He said the desktop was pickup for me, I sent him the link, I am responsible for everything. He even went on to suggest that there's a possibility that the gpu had been changed at AIM office or his engineer might have dropped the gpu. Luckily, i took out most of the components myself and I snapped them.

Fast forward, I told Emmy to ask the handler the gravity of the particles and the impact inside the desktop components, if it is possible to power on that kind of desktop in that condition. At a point I was telling the handler that night, "I hope that this damaged glass particles won’t spoil anything inside like this". When tried to removed one small glass that hung beside the ram it cut my finger. In fact, that night beside his gate, at the handler’s house I still managed to take out some glass particle because it was just too much inside the desktop and the box. The handler was there assisting me to see through with his phone's flash light. We can still ask him.

After back-and-forth on a serious squabble, Emmy hinted me about Mr. John’s expertise with regards to troubleshooting desktop. I am well acquainted with him and I have upmost confidence in his handling and decision. I took the desktop to Mr. John to do a critical diagnosis and proffer possible solution. He (john) checked the desktop critically and the result was that the gpu was damaged. I sent Emmy images John sent me after he managed to drive the gpu with Nvidia driver. The desktop is still with Mr. John till this moment.

I have since reached out to Emmy to ask for refund or possible solution. He said, i gave him the link to pickup and i paid him for the item he helped me to pickup. I thought there was a little development btw emmy and Kreamie but i did not hear from him again till the moment.

(b) IbuyPower Desktop
==================
IbuyPower Desktop
I7 10th gen
RTX 3080ti
16g ram
1tb ssd
Cost: 1m 450k

==================
Emmy sold me an ibuypower desktop that was claimed to be brand new. A known client reached out to me to bring the desktop to him at Lekki. Prior to that, I had sent him video of the desktop's showing the full specification and model on the desktop as shown on its sticker. I delivered the desktop to my client, and he opened the desktop in my presence to have a glimpse. Afterwards, he made full payment and I took my leave. I was like 10min away when the buyer’s msg pop up on whatsapp.

He said bro,
I said, I am here.

He said the desktop isn’t displaying on his monitor but it desktop powered on fine. I told him to make sure he connect the hdmi to the gpu port and not to the mboard hdmi port. He connected the hdmi to the gpu, still no display on the monitor. He tried it on his tv no display. I notified Emmy about the development immediately and he said brand new sealed desktop and added an emogi.

I did some googling and I asked AIM for possible troubleshooting. AIM Gadget told me what I had hinted my buyer to do before which didn’t work. I entered Reddit to see if i could find a solution but nothing worked. I returned back to my client’s house after few hours to pick up the desktop after all walkthrough and advices I was given didn’t work and I refunded him back.

Mr. John also checked out this desktop for possible issues. The RTX 3080ti turn out to be damaged. It never displayed till I left John’s house that night but it powered on.

The following day, Mr. Jonh later sent me a voice msg and hinted me that he finally tried another gpu on the ibuypower desktop and it powered on. His conclusion was that the RTX 3080Ti was bad.

I reached out to emmy for refund and potential solution. He said he doesn't have much to say.

The two desktop cost 2.7m. He's yet to pay me the 85k i added to secure the replacement case for cyberpower desktop.

*P. S: I would be more than willing to provide evidences to all of my claims*

*Additionally, i never sent him links to either of the two defective desktops which he sold to me, he offered them to me out of the blue*

*I've had several dealings with Emmy some good, some bad and some downright ugly. On almost every occasion, I've fashioned solutions to problems encountered as a result of items sold to me as brand new but arrived as badly used or damaged. None of these solutions involve him giving me a refund, not even in part. This is because i would often bite the bullet and take the loss as long as i don't have to nag anyone for payment and my relationship both with him (Emmy) and my clients isn't fractured*

Thank you all for reading...

Aril

Could you please show evidences that those items were offered to you, and not picked for you?
Because it's sort of strange that someone would claim he picked items for you when he indeed offered the said items to you.
I think that should give a headway here
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by aril: 9:47am On Feb 07, 2022
sheelay:

Could you please show evidences that those items were offered to you, and not picked for you?
Because it's sort of strange that someone would claim he picked items for you when he indeed offered the said items to you.
I think that should give a headway here

Thank you.

Dec 6th 2021
Time: 5:21pm

1st deal
Emmy offered me this deal

CyberPower Desktop
I9 11th gen
RTX 3070
16g ram
1tb ssd
2tb hdd
Brand new
Tlc: 1.4m

Pls see the 2 attached WhatsApp chat

Second desktop offered:

November 30th 2021
Time: 4:19am

IbuyPower Desktop
I7 10th gen
RTX 3080ti
16g ram
1tb ssd
TLC: 1.65m

Pls see the 3rd pic.

Please keep your questions coming..

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 10:09am On Feb 07, 2022
aril:

Thank you.

Dec 6th 2021
Time: 5:21pm

1st deal
Emmy offered me this deal

CyberPower Desktop
I9 11th gen
RTX 3070
16g ram
1tb ssd
2tb hdd
Brand new
Tlc: 1.4m

Pls see the 2 attached WhatsApp chat

Second desktop offered:

November 30th 2021
Time: 4:19am

IbuyPower Desktop
I7 10th gen
RTX 3080ti
16g ram
1tb ssd
TLC: 1.65m

Pls see the 3rd pic.

Please keep your questions coming..
[s]Oh, okay, but how about the offerup link you quoted that was sent by you, "how about this"
Is that a different item, just asking oh.[/s]
But how come no one is tackling the shipping company or something, I don't know the intensity of the cracked glass but the desktop could have fallen off from somewhere thereby affecting the internals as well.
It's just a speculation tho.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by aril: 11:38am On Feb 07, 2022
Onyeka90210:

Oh, okay, but how about the offerup link you quoted that was sent by you, "how about this"
Is that a different item, just asking oh.
But how come no one is tackling the shipping company or something, I don't know the intensity of the crack but the laptop could have fallen off from somewhere thereby affecting the internals as well.
It's just a speculation tho.

The offerup link i quoted was for another thing and if you look at the 1st attachment he replied me back when i ask "how abt this", quoting the offerup link and he replied me back with a "no response".

It is worth noting that the desktop did not come with the cushion or foam protection that usually support desktops.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Auskyd(m): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2022
Abeg where Oga Emmy dey?

Try come so that a peaceful resolution can be reached on this matter.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by emmy96(m): 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Additionally, i never sent him links to either of the two defective desktops which he sold to me, he offered them to me out of the blue

This is the CyberPower desktop link sent to me by Aril of which he asked me to help him run, at some point the deal wasn't going to be successful and I informed him but along the line the deal was picked and have paid for it as requested by the picker and I know Aril was going to pay me as that's how we've always transacted. I was having an issue in Lagos that time and didn't have the time to revert back as it been tasky going and coming back to Lagos from Ibadan (he's aware of the situation). When I was getting relaxed and I was doing calculations on how much I have left, I discovered the cash for the desktop I haven't received from Aril, but I felt this shit is long I wouldn't ask him but I decided to ask the picker the status of the desktop shipment which he said it's still in transit. I felt I can't let my cash be held for that long I would just reach out to the person that sent me link to pay. I reached out to Aril that the desktop he gave me the link to pick has been picked and I just gave him the reason why why I'm coming to tell him this late. He paid after a long convo on it. That was Dec 7, 2021.

December 22, picker reached out to me with pickup code that item is available for pickup and I forwarded the details to Aril to go and pick up. He reached out to me that the handler is Rude and wasting his time, on this basis, I reached out to the handler to know what's going on, the handler then told me the desktop arrived with a broken glass. Since the desktop is discovered to have a broken glass at pickers place, it's kind of a easy fix then I called Aril to explain what the handler told me and what solution he wants so I can get back to the picker. He told me he had same issue with a desktop that arrived for him but he had to change the whole casen and it cost him 90k though he didn't have to pay workmanship. I said okay, find out the cost of case replacement so I can know what to tell picker, the matter was still fresh but when Aril was taking too long to respond as regards the cost of the case and have informed the picker, I told picker it would cost 120k to fix the case. I gave aril tlc at 1.2m with 40k(workmanship fee included). Deal was picked for approximately 1.160m. so I had 40k profit which was mine, I then told picker to pay 80k while I balance with my own 40k with the mind that worst case scenario, the case replacement would not cost more than that since aril hasn't gotten back to me. Picker paid and I reached out to Aril about that, he told me it will cost 185k. I find it difficult going to picker to say something other than what I told him initially, then I told Aril not to worry I will pay the remaining cash just to have the new case and have the matter resolved. So after fixing the case according to him around January 15, he told me about the graphics card is bad and suggesting it happened because of the glass breakage and after findings, it was discovered glass breakage couldn't have caused the faulty graphics card. Aril started demanding a new graphics card from me and I responded the whole pickup has been your idea and I and picker have agreed to fix the case for you. You instructed the pickup. It's your item.

*I will as well be posting the OfferUp link sent to me by Aril* for verification purpose

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1303185520?q=Desktop+

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by emmy96(m): 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
However, on the iBuyPower desktop. After diagnosis on the desktop by him and claims the rtx 3080 card is bad. I sent him this when he started demanding a full refund from me.

1a. This is a brand new sealed desktop picked for you

b. You picked it on the 24th of December.

c. On the 15th of January you came back to me that the customer you sold the said desktop to claim it is not coming on that you will go pick it up from him the following day for fixes.

d. After diagnosis you said the graphics is bad.

So, you picked a desktop that is brand new sealed and couldn't be tested in US due to the nature of desktop and upon arrival to naija. You didn't test it for the time frame it's been with you before you sold(talking 3weeks) which remains a sealed desktop. Maybe customer came to buy from your place, you didn't test the desktop at your selling place? Or maybe you took it to the customer, the 2 of you didn't test what you went to deliver before you left the place? So after a day or some days the desktop has been with the customer, he's now telling you the desktop is not coming on and you came to to issue you a full refund. Think ham well now. On this, I think I don't have much to say bro.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by aril: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Please I am waiting patiently for inputs from the Admins of this group. Kindly grant this matter audience please.

Kreamie
Rakiticbarca
Sobastical
Omicpet
Idboystic
Temihatz
Visita
omotolsy
Timijoseph
Dthinkerman
atoje
Tydghost
webfocus
D4donnn
Chelseamann

Further clarification on the red herring Emmy has come with

1a. I sent him a link for a pickup in Atlanta (on the 10th of Nov), but contrary to his claim, he replied me saying that the picker said someone already beat me to link (this was Nov 12, just two days later). He then contacted me almost a month later.*How long exactly? 24 days*. In between those days i have had multiple transactions with Emmy and never went back to discussing that link, after all, he said the pickup was a bust. I'll attach a screenshot clearly showing this. How's it that when he clearly offered me that desktop stating TLC, he still maintains that it wasn't from the pickup/ link i sent. All of a sudden, when the desktop came with issues it automatically became "the link i sent him", how can such be justified? How would he, on one hand claim the link was a bust and on the other hand insist i sent him the link?

Our conversation:

November 12th 2021:
[11/12/2021, 5:58 AM] Aril: Hello bro
[11/12/2021, 6:26 AM] Emmy: Hello
[11/12/2021, 6:27 AM] Aril: Big man sleeping as early as 9pm. u re the boss
[11/12/2021, 6:28 AM] Aril: How far about the desktop the cyber power u said the guy go pick-up..
[11/12/2021, 6:29 AM] Emmy: Person don send ham link b4 me
[11/12/2021, 6:29 AM] Emmy: Na yalahji Bleep me up
[11/12/2021, 6:30 AM] Aril: Wow
So someone else buy am.. chaaaii
[11/12/2021, 6:30 AM] Aril: No wahala

1st WhatsApp attachment
(person don send picker link b4 Emmy)

1b. About him giving the handler an estimated amount because i didn’t revert back as quickly as he wanted. He was practically sitting on his ass while i was doing the running around on how to get a replacement case. I'm a firm believer in simplicity. If there's something i can do to make a problem go away for either of us, that's always my go-to solution, he and a lot of others on this platform whom I've dealt with can attest to this.

The replacement case was ordered online, shipment were slow and wasn’t looking promising anymore. Everybody knows how business is snail during Dec period and there's only so much i can do if the person assisting with the purchase is telling me to be patient. So, the excuse of me - the only person seeking a solution to OUR problem - taking long to reply is at best ridiculous and disrespectful.

He said it was discovered glass breakage couldn't have spoilt the GPU. The possible causality to the damage are just two

2a. The graphics card was in fact damaged as a result of the glass breakage which might have happened after it got dropped. This is a position i hold on to and was seconded by everyone else who tried fixing the GPU. There were glass splinters inside the GPU and there's no saying you what extent the damage had been done.

b. The desktop came with a bad graphics. This is the opinion of some other people with whom i had spoken to while trying to get to the bottom of the problem.

There's no third option except if we intend to dwell in conspiracy (like i said i have a picture of everything that came in that case) . I've been in the business long enough to know who i can trust to help fix items. I'm sure some of you would be able to say same about certain people.

*The red herring*
If for the sake of argument i agree i did send you the link and it was my pickup, is that a justification for it being delivered in a state different from how it was picked? Does that mean if i send a link to an item and the picker/shipper chose to put it at the base of extremely heavy stuffs thereby crushing it flat, neither of you lots should be responsible, afterall, "it's my link"? As it is, the GPU and one 8g RAM doesn't work, thus, either of the two causality stated above wouldn't and shouldn't exonerate Emmy or the picker.

He initially stated that the picker had been contacted by someone else over that link (check Nov 12). After he sent me the desktop spec (on Dec 6) giving me a TLC cost, he never mentioned it was the same link *until we couldn't reach an agreement
over the amount, he wanted to sell it for*.

2nd WhatsApp attachment
(When i didn't agree to the amount Emmy was offering. He changed it to I pick it up for you)

Let's apply common sense for a minute. If it was my link would i be negotiating TLC price with him whilst not knowing exactly how much he paid for the item? Is Emmy supposed to be bargaining with me over "my link" as though he had the purchasing power? Which of his statement is true, the earlier or the latter claim? If it's the latter, doesn't the art of negotiating with him show he blatantly lied. Another contradiction can clearly be seen in the image Emmy shared. After i sent him a link to help contact the seller, he replied me saying *"been chatting with him for three days now, he tell me only $50 less"*. If that image is his best evidence that the link was in fact mine, how was he chatting with the seller three days before i sent him the link? There are too many holes in his narrative.

3rd WhatsApp attachment
Me telling him i had no further deal with him abt this desktop and him pleading for me to assist him and I did

In summary he has told three conflicting story on that desktop.

1. He had been chatting with the seller before i contacted him with the link

2. Another person had sent the same deal to the picker so it's a bust

3. It's not the link i sent because according to him "NO RESPONSE". So now he's claiming the picker went ahead to pick for him without notifying him? Imagine? The picker drove all the way, several days later to pick an item of over a million naira and never informed Emmy until after pickup, sound like a load of bullcrap.

============================================

*On the ibuypower desktop RTX 3080ti.*

He said it was brand new sealed. Although that was what he advertised to me, this appears to be untrue.

The images Emmy sent me from offerup showed the desktop as sealed. The problem with this is that no one knows when that seller took the image. It could be recent and it could be the first time he received the desktop.

The second image i got after pickup showed the tape was off, i assumed the picker removed the tape hence, i wasn't surprised to see it all taped up at the point of collection in naija. I could tell the tape had been meddled with but thought it was due diligence from the picker.

Emmy knows i primarily focus on brand new sealed items. We've had that discussion on multiple occasions. The reason is simple, if the tape is broken, nothing is guaranteed any longer. Anyone in this business knows it might cost more to acquire, but one is assured some peace of mind and can actually sell it faster with a slightly higher margin. If that's the case, why would i go ahead to break the seal? This was the reason why i didn't "test" the product.

*The red herring*
He said i didn't test what i went to deliver. Yes, i didn't (because it was touted as brand new sealed) but it took about 10 mins between the time i delivered the desktop and getting the complain about it not coming up. According to Emmy everyone else is to blame but not him. And trying to cast doubt by saying the desktop was with the customer for a day or some days is laughable. If the customer intended to swap something in the desktop, he wouldn't be chatting me knowing i was only 10 mins away from his home. For the record i sent a video made by the customer to Emmy all within 10mins after purchase.

Look at the final screenshot Emmy shared and tell me how my decision was unreasonable. I didn't just come with a demand for refund, i came with options to provide a soft landing for everyone. One of the options was that the 3080 GPU be returned to the US for repair, this was at the behest of Mr John our trusted expert.

P.S
You notice he saved my number as jonze lappy? That's an attestation to the number of laptops he had sold to me that didn't arrive as claimed - and that's me just being polite.

Kreamie
Rakiticbarca
Sobastical
Omicpet
Idboystic
Temihatz
Visita
omotolsy
Timijoseph
Dthinkerman
atoje
Tydghost
webfocus
D4donnn
Chelseamann

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by emmy96(m): 10:27am On Feb 09, 2022
Actually Aril, I wouldn't oppose any of the things you have said as most are true and I don't intend portraying you as what you're not(just like you are acting now)

I already said in my write up the deal wasn't going to take place but eventually it did and my situation during that period and the pressure involved didn't give me all the time to get in touch with you on that matter till the need arose and I found out that some amount was actually missing which I was able to trace to a deal that was requested to be picked up for you which has eventually been picked but I wasnt able to get back to you.

So, my question to you now is this;

Did you send me the link to help you run the pickup?

You said I was bargaining the tlc with you, we've always transacted this way so I really don't know what point you're trying to arrive at. You gave me a particular cost price to bargain with without other charges been inclusive, so I could give you the whole tlc at my own calculation since you already know the likely inclusive charges.

Yeah, I did tell you it wasn't going to be successful but when it eventually took place and I got to tell you the tlc for you to remit, "didn't I state the same fact that this pickup is as a result of your request in the first place.Wasn't it on this basis that you made payment?"

Yeah, is the item that arrived not the same as what was up for sale using the link you shared with me for pick up? As regards the glass that broke during the shipping process,We all looked into it and we ensured that the issue was resolved?

I believe the issue pertaining the bad graphics can be attached to so many things outside what you have stated but you choose to neglect that because you feel those you handed over the PC to couldn't have mishandled the said component.

I feel if this issue is as a result of glass breakage, it's more of the picker's responsibility which he assumed responsibility for and partnered to change the case, I then showed you his response when you told me about the bad graphics card.

I am convinced I'm just a middle man helping a friend to secure deals on OfferUp because he doesn't have an account there. So if you request for an item to be picked for you and it was picked for you on that basis and you made the payment,If the item arrives the way this arrived, what would you rather have me do?

Additionally, I did tell you that i've been conversing with the seller even before you sent me the link but his price wasn't good enough for me hence I had to stop communicating with him. Upon your request, I had to reignite my conversation with him. So, I dunno what you are trying to achieve with what you are saying about this.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by emmy96(m): 10:28am On Feb 09, 2022
However on this iBuyPower desktop, the time you sold it to the buyer was unknown to me. how long it spent with the buyer isnt known either this is why I'm not conclusive. My position on it is that, you had the desktop with you for over 3wks before sale according to you.

"The second image i got after pickup showed the tape was off, i assumed the picker removed the tape hence, i wasn't surprised to see it all taped up at the point of collection in naija. I could tell the tape had been meddled with but thought it was due diligence from the picker" - Aril

With this statement of yours, you're confirming it isn't brand new sealed and hence you still didn't deem it fit to test what you received for the l 3weeks of been in your possession? Did you even get back to me on it been brand new sealed or not? you never mentioned that it was different from what was in the pickup image that was sent to you despite it been with you for more than 3 weeks.

Now an item you claim didn't arrive as you expected was with you yet you didn't see the need to test it yourself before selling to your customer nor did you ensure it was tested in your presence at the point of sale?

If what your customer said is true, then just as your customer had to test the desktop immediately it was delivered to him as you claim, that was what you should have done when you received the desktop from pickup location.

It is a very important part of our transaction here on this platform that what you receive from handler should be tested immediately and since you didn't get back to me on it within the regular time frame. I believe what was received is as described as I don't expect less.

You know what I think of the matter? The desktop you picked up is as described and you have tested it well enough before selling to your customer. What transpired between the time you received the desktop and the time you sold to your customer, still remains unknown to me.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by aril: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
emmy96:
However on this iBuyPower desktop, the time you sold it to the buyer was unknown to me. how long it spent with the buyer isnt known either this is why I'm not conclusive. My position on it is that, you had the desktop with you for over 3wks before sale according to you.

"The second image i got after pickup showed the tape was off, i assumed the picker removed the tape hence, i wasn't surprised to see it all taped up at the point of collection in naija. I could tell the tape had been meddled with but thought it was due diligence from the picker" - Aril

With this statement of yours, you're confirming it isn't brand new sealed and hence you still didn't deem it fit to test what you received for the l 3weeks of been in your possession? Did you even get back to me on it been brand new sealed or not? you never mentioned that it was different from what was in the pickup image that was sent to you despite it been with you for more than 3 weeks.

Now an item you claim didn't arrive as you expected was with you yet you didn't see the need to test it yourself before selling to your customer nor did you ensure it was tested in your presence at the point of sale?

If what your customer said is true, then just as your customer had to test the desktop immediately it was delivered to him as you claim, that was what you should have done when you received the desktop from pickup location.

It is a very important part of our transaction here on this platform that what you receive from handler should be tested immediately and since you didn't get back to me on it within the regular time frame. I believe what was received is as described as I don't expect less.

You know what I think of the matter? The desktop you picked up is as described and you have tested it well enough before selling to your customer. What transpired between the time you received the desktop and the time you sold to your customer, still remains unknown to me.

Going forward, i think it's best to not grace you with you with a reply. I'm not here to outdo you in a war of words. Any unbiased mind would clearly see how you're shifting blame and claiming to be victim even when the screenshots show otherwise.

I'll therefore call on the admins to preside over this matter as I'm under serious pressure to get a resolution, the lack of which would result into getting resolution via other means.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nsonaso(m): 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
emmy96:
However, on the iBuyPower desktop. After diagnosis on the desktop by him and claims the rtx 3080 card is bad. I sent him this when he started demanding a full refund from me.

1a. This is a brand new sealed desktop picked for you

b. You picked it on the 24th of December.

c. On the 15th of January you came back to me that the customer you sold the said desktop to claim it is not coming on that you will go pick it up from him the following day for fixes.

d. After diagnosis you said the graphics is bad.

So, you picked a desktop that is brand new sealed and couldn't be tested in US due to the nature of desktop and upon arrival to naija. You didn't test it for the time frame it's been with you before you sold(talking 3weeks) which remains a sealed desktop. Maybe customer came to buy from your place, you didn't test the desktop at your selling place? Or maybe you took it to the customer, the 2 of you didn't test what you went to deliver before you left the place? So after a day or some days the desktop has been with the customer, he's now telling you the desktop is not coming on and you came to to issue you a full refund. Think ham well now. On this, I think I don't have much to say bro.

All this going forth and back is really not necessary. As 2 business people who has had lots of successful business together.

I will suggest and recommend you 2 share the loses and move on.
shits happens over there, if I tell you my experiences.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cashmyles: 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Preferential treatment!!! I'm sure highly profiled ppl on here won't say jack about it.

Mr aril and Mr. Emma96 , settle your differences and do reach a mutual agreement about sorting the issue out.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 7:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
I do understand that no one is being paid to mediate on this thread. However, the reason for the existence or the creation of this thread would be jeopardised if some disputes are not given attention while some are given.

I do have background knowledge of this issue because both persons involved reached out to me.

It is actually very complicated such that it seems quite difficult to mediate so judgement isn't one sided.

Aril, i have always liked your maturity as regards not bringing issues on here, when I saw that you brought this here, i knew you just had to.

Emmy please reason with Aril, this is someone you have been doing business with for a while, Aril reason with Emmy too. We win some we loose some. This is business.

To work it out, Aril state exactly what you want from Emmy in return and Emmy state what you can do or will not do. Then it would be brief.

God help us All.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.