Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (217256 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by YeyeBoyfriend: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
Kreamie:
Do I know you sir? undecided

I suggest you don’t run your mouth regarding things you don’t know. The majority have spoken. Do I have to speak for this to be resolved? If you have issues with me, come at me directly, don’t go through the corners. To think I don’t have a life besides moderating this thread is shocking.

FYI, find attached the screenshot of when I reached out to him minute I saw this dispute telling him to tell his side of the of the story before the matter gets out of hand. He ignored me and posted on the thread instead. Till now, he’s not responded to me and I decided not to say a in response but here you are throwing words around; displaying your foolery to the whole world.

Mr man rest, those of us who knows know you, it’s good he didn’t respond to you because it would have still ended up coming here eventually

I have nothing with you, (God knows) but I am telling you the fact on how you and your cohorts are running this dispute thread

If y’all CAN’T BE FOR ALL and FOR NONE when it comes to finding resolution to disputes then you have no business running threads like this.

We know nobody is paying you to help mediate when a dispute arise but at the same time nobody sent you to open a thread you can’t be honest mediating on or have preferences on which dispute to or not to interfere in. Oga abeg rest!

12 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2022
Your opinion is yours to air. Humans can never be satisfied and I’ve come to terms with that.

Have you a nice day.
YeyeBoyfriend:
Mr man rest, those of us who knows know you, it’s good he didn’t respond to you because it would have still ended up coming here eventually

I have nothing with you, (God knows) but I am telling you the fact on how you and your cohorts are running this dispute thread

If y’all CAN’T BE FOR ALL and FOR NONE when it comes to finding resolution to a disputes then you have no business opening threads like this.

We know nobody is paying you to help mediate when a dispute arise but at the same time nobody sent you to open a thread you can’t be honest mediating on or have preferences on which dispute to or not to interfere in. Oga abeg rest!

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Yet, I still stand. grin
Jung:

Omo niggas mean you shege lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by gidieberry(m): 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
Kreamie:
Yet, I still stand. grin
abeg, no waka near quicksand boss
grin grin grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Protein0: 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
Jamesilvar:

Chief, ask abimloaded to return the laptop and give him a full refund. Having gone through explanations from both of you, that's the honorable thing to do.
Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Abimloaded(m): 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2022
Protein0:

Chief, ask abimloaded to return the laptop and give him a full refund. Having gone through explanations from both of you, that's the honorable thing to do.
Thanks

I've lost count on how many people who have advised Jamesilvar on this. Too many heads like these ones can't all be wrong.

No response whatsoever from him yet till this moment.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lilachiever(m): 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
Jamesilvar:
Goodevening everyone.

I will try to keep this response brief.
Abimloaded contacted me for an Asus Rog Zephyrus laptop I posted. First contact was in April 25, I sent him pics he said someone will contact me. I dunno if the person did or not cos many persons contacted me for the same deal but everyone backed out once I told them the Laptop’s condition. Fast forward to may 23, he contacted me again asking about the laptops I posted, I replied him. He asked about the availability of the Asus again I told him it’s available. He messaged me if the there are any issues with the laptop. At first I was thinking he was talking about one of the MSI laptops I posted as well. When he pointed out he is talking about the Asus I told him the battery doesn’t hold charge that I believe I told him before. He was disappointed and said I never mentioned it to him. I told him sorry I thought I had told him before because I have always told everyone who contacted me for the deal the reason they all backed out. Many of them will be viewing this topic. We discussed further I told him battery replacement should fix the issue. we also spoke on the phone and I told him that’s how the laptop landed and as I am not in lagos I haven’t pursued the Laptop’s issue and cos of that, I am selling as it is, though I believe battery replacement should fix the issue. He made payment and laptop was delivered to his contact. He received it and tested it everything was working as described.
He told me it was taken to CV, tested the first battery it wasn’t working, tested the second it also wasn’t working, they got a third one it will charge and stop.
When he couldn’t sort out the battery issue, he contacted me again that he wants to return the laptop because he thinks it’s not a battery issue. I reminded him that our deal was done on that monday and we didn’t have any agreement to such. He kept insisting he will return the laptop that the problem is not what I said it’s the problem. I quickly reminded him the problem as I stated is that LAPTOP BATTERY DOESN’T HOLD CHARGE. Whether laptop replacement fixed the issue or not is not my concern because he should have thought of the risk before making the purchase.

I then asked him assuming he had fixed the laptop and sold it well, would he have remitted some of his profits to me in view of the fact that I sold to him at a huge loss? Business is a pool of risks and you don’t chest more than you can bear.
He said I insulted him this morning, yes I told him he was stupid. That was because he messaged me and was threatening me about how he will deal with me and my business, that I will hear from him on NL, WhatsApp and other Social Media. Where does he know me from?
My business with him is done, I don’t really care what he does with the laptop, as far as I am concerned if he can’t fix it or he can eat it.

Cut the bullshit. You told him the battery needs replacement from your chat with him.

You never mentioned selling as is. You're a bloody scammer and should be avoided doing business with.

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lilachiever(m): 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
omotolsy:
Abimloaded!

This is an experience.

Like i told you in the group, i was interested in same laptop. I know James so i asked him whats wrong because i know the price was quite low and he told me whats wrong with the Laptop(not good because if i had not asked it would have been my cup of tea).

Most times as a buyer do your due diligence, when buying a defective item ask questions.

The moment you proceed to purchase, the seller can exempt him/herself from further closures.

I could sell a laptop i feel its just about replacing battery and not know otherwise, i dont need to say selling as is. It already implies it's a sell as is sales.

Seller sells in assumption and buyer buys in assumption.

Next time ask a seller selling defective item for what the closure would be if otherwise.

I am sorry this happened to you, it's not a pleasant experience due to the huge money involved.

James my friend see if you can work with Abim.

Stay blessed.

Another corrupt seller. I used to respect you, but no more.

When selling a defecting item, all terms need be clearly spelt out.

That your "buying and selling on assumption" theory is arrant nonsense sir.

11 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
Rexraph18:
The caveat "selling as is" would have saved all these back and forth, this wouldn't have been a case if seller used it.
I remember contacting an OG here for a network locked phone.
I asked if he knew what network it was locked to, oga said "selling as is"
I remember asking another question but got same reply, I backed out from the deal 2sec.

As in this case, James pls reach out to your buyer and settle this matter, dont allow it drag longer than it is presently.
Na bad thing to have even allowed it get online in the first place.
Seller knows buyer would back out the moment he mentions “as is”
No one would buy such laptop for 280k “as is”, that’s an expensive gamble.
So he made the issue seem minor(just battery) but it wasn’t.
“Needs Battery Replacement” but doesn’t actually need battery replacement, needs something else, that’s wrong description, no long talk.
I would have loved it if the buyer asked if there are any other issues asides battery replacement, then there wouldn’t be much talk on the matter.
It’s just something I always do when buying something with comma.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lilachiever(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
bobo65:

You don fall my hand cry

Big time. I used to think he was upright, never knew he was an "anything for the profit guy" too. Too bad.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lilachiever(m): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jung(m): 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
Lowkey for this thread, people dey collect body shots every once in a while Sha. I remember when dem drag Oga Chelseamann.

Damn, hin blokos nearly catch fire, as dem use am scrap express lol. Na to call am armed robber remain that week angry. E choke shege hehehehe

Make jamesilvar pay up abeg.

E actually Don tey person see vawulence for this thread lol

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Abimloaded(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
Onyeka90210:

Seller knows buyer would back out the moment he mentions “as is”
No one would buy such laptop for 280k “as is”, that’s an expensive gamble.
So he made the issue seem minor(just battery) but it wasn’t.
“Needs Battery Replacement” but doesn’t actually need battery replacement, needs something else, that’s wrong description, no long talk.
I would have loved it if the buyer asked if there are any other issues asides battery replacement, then there wouldn’t be much talk on the matter.
It’s just something I always do when buying something with comma.

Trust me, I did asked him that question. Jamesilvar (the seller) mentioned it himself that there is no other issue asides battery replacement.

I quote;

No other issues, just d battery dat doesn’t hold charge like I said

As seen in the screenshot from the chat.
Also,
It needs battery replacement

Those were his words. He said he hasn't been able to get the battery thing fixed because he's in PH and laptop was in Lagos.

You can see that from the chat too.

So I did asked questions about this particular item from Jamesilvar and he NEVER mentioned having any other issue asides battery replacement. I dunno why and how he is coming up with different excuses on non existing agreement when it's clear as daylight that I didn't agree to fixing anything beyond battery replacement as you declared as the only issue.

May I let everyone know once again that uptil this moment, Jamesilvar hasn't said anything about this item. No response, no talks of returning & refunding. Nothing from him yet.

@henrixx
@bobo65
@wese90
@humblesteve
@Kreamie
@Rakiticbarca
@McMayor
@sharp190418
@Stephenatir
@FluxEmpire
@Lekjons
@Cvesta
@aterejr
@Adarabi
@Rawlingsko
@EFCCgbenga
@Chelseamann
@Umarchingy
@Omotolsy
@nurex01
@olorunsola1
@Wese90
@MyTechstuffs
@Felai
@Toma2
@Jung
@Gbolahan111
@D4donnn
@Sheelay
@simpleandeasy
@Teejay13
@Rexraph18
@Wildchild1
lilachiever

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Onyeka90210(m): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2022
Case Closed

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by fruqy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
Abimloaded:

Trust me, I did asked him that question. Jamesilvar (the seller) mentioned it himself that there is no other issue asides battery replacement.

I quote;

No other issues, just d battery dat doesn’t hold charge like I said

As seen in the screenshot from the chat.
Also,
It needs battery replacement

Those were his words. He said he hasn't been able to get the battery thing fixed because he's in PH and laptop was in Lagos.

You can see that from the chat too.

So I did asked questions about this particular item from Jamesilvar and he NEVER mentioned having any other issue asides battery replacement. I dunno why and how he is coming up with different excuses on non existing agreement when it's clear as daylight that I didn't agree to fixing anything beyond battery replacement as you declared as the only issue.

May I let everyone know once again that uptil this moment, Jamesilvar hasn't said anything about this item. No response, no talks of returning & refunding. Nothing from him yet.

@henrixx
@bobo65
@wese90
@humblesteve
@Kreamie
@Rakiticbarca
@McMayor
@sharp190418
@Stephenatir
@FluxEmpire
@Lekjons
@Cvesta
@aterejr
@Adarabi
@Rawlingsko
@EFCCgbenga
@Chelseamann
@Umarchingy
@Omotolsy
@nurex01
@olorunsola1
@Wese90
@MyTechstuffs
@Felai
@Toma2
@Jung
@Gbolahan111
@D4donnn
@Sheelay
@simpleandeasy
@Teejay13
@Rexraph18
@Wildchild1
lilachiever

If he doesn't refund he needs to be added to the list of blacklisted people. Na scammer this one be. He even said if he can't fix it he should eat it. Werey leleyi sha grin

Kreamie, Boss. Abeg make una see to it.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toma2: 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
Why is jamesilvar mute
Or u no dey get notification for tags? U go dey cold blooded o
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cashmyles: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
This is a daylight robbery and I wonder how these people sleep in the night with their two eyes closed.

Mr. Jamesilvar you still have a long way to go dealing with people both online and offline, don't let this tarnish your image. No way you could convinced me that you are not aware that the PC needs more than a battery replacement. More like you do this intentionally to rip the buyer

In a saner climes, the seller would have refund the buyer without much ado or dragging.

Kindly, do the needful as in business you win some and you lose some.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iykofias(m): 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
omotolsy:
Abimloaded!

This is an experience.

Like i told you in the group, i was interested in same laptop. I know James so i asked him whats wrong because i know the price was quite low and he told me whats wrong with the Laptop(not good because if i had not asked it would have been my cup of tea).

Most times as a buyer do your due diligence, when buying a defective item ask questions.

The moment you proceed to purchase, the seller can exempt him/herself from further closures.

I could sell a laptop i feel its just about replacing battery and not know otherwise, i dont need to say selling as is. It already implies it's a sell as is sales.

Seller sells in assumption and buyer buys in assumption.

Next time ask a seller selling defective item for what the closure would be if otherwise.

I am sorry this happened to you, it's not a pleasant experience due to the huge money involved.

James my friend see if you can work with Abim.

Stay blessed.
not surprise, you’ve never been clever

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iykofias(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2022
lilachiever:

Another corrupt seller. I used to respect you, but no more.

When selling a defecting item, all terms need be clearly spelt out.

That your "buying and selling on assumption" theory is arrant nonsense sir.
@bolded, that was how I bought a laptop in that offerup thread. The touchscreen was just touching itself that I had to disable it, the laptop charger wasn’t supplying the rated charge.
So you see, we are at the mercy of our assumption when dealing with these guys
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Abimloaded(m): 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2022
Onyeka90210:
Case Closed

Thanks for the observation too. Jamesilvar himself can see where he clearly stated it and I'm sure everyone can see too.
cc
Jamesilvar
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Abimloaded(m): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
fruqy:

If he doesn't refund he needs to be added to the list of blacklisted people. Na scammer this one be. He even said if he can't fix it he should eat it. Werey leleyi sha grin

Kreamie, Boss. Abeg make una see to it.

Jamesilvar is trying to make it difficult and hard. Something he could have handled better in a simpler way.
He clearly stated it himself that it doesn't have any other issue asides battery replacement. Now he's trying to dodge.

cc
Jamesilvar
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Abimloaded(m): 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
Toma2:
Why is jamesilvar mute
Or u no dey get notification for tags? U go dey cold blooded o

Jamesilvar
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Abimloaded(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2022
cashmyles:
This is a daylight robbery and I wonder how these people sleep in the night with their two eyes closed.

Mr. Jamesilvar you still have a long way to go dealing with people both online and offline, don't let this tarnish your image. No way you could convinced me that you are not aware that the PC needs more than a battery replacement. More like you do this intentionally to rip the buyer

In a saner climes, the seller would have refund the buyer without much ado or dragging.

Kindly, do the needful as in business you win some and you lose some.

I brought this to his awareness. He knows this. How he's comfortable with thinking he'd push this thing on my head and elude with my funds, get away with this thing is what I don't know for him.
I wanted us to settle it on WhatsApp and everything ends there but he's just not having it. He wants his name littered everywhere with scammer tag.
Jamesilvar, like I told you, it's not too late to redeem your image. It'd be much of honour to you if you do the needful. 280k won't make you what you dream of.
You stopped picking my calls. You stopped reading / responding to my chats. As it stands, it appears you deleted my number.
cc
Jamesilvar
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by EFCCgbenga: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2022
Op quote me with the account u paid to First thing tomorrow morning if he's not ready to settle this issue amicably.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Abimloaded(m): 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2022
iykofias:
@bolded, that was how I bought a laptop in that offerup thread. The touchscreen was just touching itself that I had to disable it, the laptop charger wasn’t supplying the rated charge.
So you see, we are at the mercy of our assumption when dealing with these guys

Most sellers puts the issue with an item in the ads. They state it there but Jamesilvar never did in this case. Not until I asked and he still didn't say to full details what the actual issue was. Instead, he covered it up with battery replacement. Now it's clear but Baba is hurling insults.
cc
Jamesilvar
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by YeyeBoyfriend: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
EFCCgbenga:
Op quote me with the account u paid to First thing tomorrow morning if he's not ready to settle this issue amicably.
Oga, you rest na shocked

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
This is a 2 party fault IMO but majorly from the seller...
@Abimloaded Sir. Your fault was accepting the final say and recommendation of a solution to the problem of the laptop from someone in absentia. It doesn't just sit well to accept a recommendation from someone who's not around the item. It means he doesn't even know what the laptop issue is and hasn't checked fully or he knows and is running away from responsibility.

If he's truly aware of the issue, he should be comfortable to solve it in this case by telling someone who can stand for him in his absence to take you to a battery shop to check for batteries that would work for it and once you notice that it's the battery that needs replacement is the solution, you purchase the battery like you did, send the 280k to the seller as the cut off from the initial price and if battery replacement wasn't the solution, you withhold buying any battery, as well as paying the seller any money; DEAL OFF.

You accepting to buy a battery yourself based on the seller's recommendation and giving it to someone else to check would count against you as it could make it void warranty and the seller may want to stake a claim that the fault was from whom you gave it to but thank God the seller was the one who stated the issue, the seller was the one who gave a recommendation but don't ever take it on yourself to fix anything in the absence of a seller. Let him be able to beat his chest that he's got you covered.

@Jamesilvar Sir. My words to you won't be as lengthy as that of the buyer's but you're in all shades of wrong, Sir. Saying business is a risky thing in this scenario is wrong; more like you want someone else to take a fall for your loss. No Sir. There are lots of ways to recover from losses. If you were in the buyer's shoes, you defo won't take it. I've also bought an item with a fault. Took me time to realize the issue because I couldn't check and it became too late to return it back. What did I do? State the laptop issue and provided a backup ready solution which I took upon as a loss when I placed it for sale; and it's my kettle of fish for not being diligent to check.

You're a seller and saying you told everyone that asked about the laptop its issues doesn't hold water and in this case, it's unclear if you actually told the customer the issue because you initially said you don't know if he sent someone to enquire about it the first time and he was still asking the second time. If there was no chat history between you both that verifies you told him before other than the presumptuous text that he sent someone, the onus was on you to reiterate the issue of the laptop all over to him from Genesis to Revelations no matter the number of people you've told before.

It could be frustrating but heck yeah, it's why you're a seller, you should sweat for your money...nothing good comes easy... Your faults can go into chapters and sub chapters but here are some briefs:

- You transacted on an item with almost no actual idea of the issue and solution due to your absence.

- Based on number 1, (so as to avoid the questions of aren't there other sellers that do transact when they're not available or haven't I made a transaction in absentia?) The answer to this was that "You failed to provide a capable technician that could verify the issues of the laptop and provide solutions to it." This is not an item you can put for pickup or put with a salesperson without letting any of them stand for you in getting the solution.

- You don't conclude a deal is done for a faulty laptop if the buyer wasn't satisfied or there had been no solution to the issue on ground.

- You were too quick to pass your loss to the buyer.

- Telling the buyer to accept it or eat it was rude knowing it's a faulty item.

- You ran away from responsibility after providing a recommendation brought by you when it didn't work. Your next move was to find the next possible solution which would not have allowed this issue to be brought here in the first place.

- You showed no sign of wanting to have the case solved.

I hope you remembered I said yours won't be as lengthy... My apologies, Sir. Your faults were too much that I forgot I'd typed so much. Kindly look for a way to come to a peaceful resolution with the buyer... As it is, I'm lost as to whether to involve 2 people I know who work on ICs and chips because from what it is, it's more like a Power IC or a motherboard issue. Let's pray it's not the latter.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Abimloaded(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
FluxEmpire:
This is a 2 party fault IMO but majorly from the seller...
@Abimloaded Sir. Your fault was accepting the final say and recommendation of a solution to the problem of the laptop from someone in absentia. It doesn't just sit well to accept a recommendation from someone who's not around the item. It means he doesn't even know what the laptop issue is and hasn't checked fully or he knows and is running away from responsibility.

If he's truly aware of the issue, he should be comfortable to solve it in this case by telling someone who can stand for him in his absence to take you to a battery shop to check for batteries that would work for it and once you notice that it's the battery that needs replacement is the solution, you purchase the battery like you did, send the 280k to the seller as the cut off from the initial price and if battery replacement wasn't the solution, you withhold buying any battery, as well as paying the seller any money; DEAL OFF.

Jamesilvar claimed that all other things are okay except the battery that needs replacement. I believed he already knew about this ever since he got the laptop either as a TLC or AIN.

Battery replacement is a minor issue because we know batteries deteriorate overtime. I remembered he told me the reason he hasn't been able to fix the battery was because he's outside Lagos (He's in PH) and he doesn't have anyone in Lagos who could fix the battery for him as the person he knows in Lagos isn't readily available to go through the process of fixing a battery for him. So I felt that was why the battery thing hasn't been fixed.

I did ask necessary questions which he made looked like it was just a minor issue (battery replacement) and that was all. And all through, I was carrying him along just so he knows just in case.

I've always believed if it wasn't what he claimed it to be, I'll report the issue to him and he'd be reasonable enough to take back his item and find a final fix. I was surprised when I told him everything and he started changing the whole thing, trying to force it on me.

See screenshot of him telling me why he hadn't found a replacement when I asked.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iykofias(m): 11:37pm On Jun 04, 2022
Abimloaded:

Most sellers puts the issue with an item in the ads. They state it there but Jamesilvar never did in this case. Not until I asked and he still didn't say to full details what the actual issue was. Instead, he covered it up with battery replacement. Now it's clear but Baba is hurling insults.
cc
Jamesilvar
don’t get me wrong bro I am on your side, you got scammed.

During my turn I was told the laptop had no issue, Was just highlighting how trickish this guys are. One of their leaders is letting us know we shouldn’t be wrong with our assumption when dealing with them.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by FluxEmpire(m): 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2022
Abimloaded:

Jamesilvar claimed that all other things are okay except the battery that needs replacement. I believed he already knew about this ever since he got the laptop either as a TLC or AIN.

Battery replacement is a minor issue because we know batteries deteriorate overtime. I remembered he told me the reason he hasn't been able to fix the battery was because he's outside Lagos (He's in PH) and he doesn't have anyone in Lagos who could fix the battery for him as the person he knows in Lagos isn't readily available to go through the process of fixing a battery for him. So I felt that was why the battery thing hasn't been fixed.

I did ask necessary questions which he made looked like it was just a minor issue (battery replacement) and that was all. And all through, I was carrying him along just so he knows just in case.

I've always believed if it wasn't what he claimed it to be, I'll report the issue to him and he'd be reasonable enough to take back his item and find a final fix. I was surprised when I told him everything and he started changing the whole thing, trying to force it on me.

See screenshot of him telling me why he hadn't found a replacement when I asked.
Not a small issue for DELL Latitude legacy series laptops (E7000 & E5000) series, as well as some Alienware. If you don't have the OEM battery or know where to get one, you may likely end up closing with a battery seller after testing all the battery he has. In fact, you'd get frustrated till the extent that you'd tell them to put HP battery into a Dell laptop because there are batteries you'd install and once you turn on the laptop, these may likely be one or all the things you may encounter, Sir:
- mouse icon would disappear
- battery icon may be crossed (showing cross sign in the middle)
- battery would show (no battery installed, plugged in not charging) when an AC adapter is connected.

Nothing is minor in a laptop. We should just pray for God's Grace & Mercy

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 3:20am On Jun 05, 2022
People are really not taking this dispute thread serious..

We will give James a little time to do the needful before blacklisting him and asking group owners to remove him and warn people to trade with him at their own risk...

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 4:10am On Jun 05, 2022
This would be the way to go.
bobo65:
People are really not taking this dispute thread serious..

We will give James a little time to do the needful before blacklisting him and asking group owners to remove him and warn people to trade with him at their own risk...

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.