Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (216880 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
dannybrasky:

This was why i did my little research online,which shows problem originated from manufacturer(APPLE)! With series of complaints.
Would you then say all these people dropped their phones in water or it fell,that's the reason they are having the the random reboot problems.

Google search is like an experiment, Did any one actually diagnose and confirm that this particular random reboot is actually manufacturer's fault?

Recently, Whally50 sold an iPhone 8 to a client, days later client returned the phone citing that phone stopped charging, phone was replaced for him hoping it was a minor charging port issue until they took it to engineer who confirmed that water has entered the phone. When they called buyer to ask, he cut the phone, he stopped picking calls since then and when they use another number to call him he will pick but quickly drop once he knows its about the phone.

You know very well i take care of my responsibilities without calling on anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
wildchild1:

Google search is like an experiment, Did any one actually diagnose and confirm that this particular random reboot is actually manufacturer's fault?

Recently, Whally50 sold an iPhone 8 to a client, days later client returned the phone citing that phone stopped charging, phone was replaced for him hoping it was a minor charging port issue until they took it to engineer who confirmed that water has entered the phone. When they called buyer to ask, he cut the phone, he stopped picking calls since then and when they use another number to call him he will pick but quickly drop once he knows its about the phone.

You know very well i take care of my responsibilities without calling on anyone.

With regards to PANIC FULL,the analysis of the phone shows panic full. It is easy,type PANIC FULL IPHONE 11 PRO MAX on google to see wonders.
1, Screenshot below.

2, The same phone sold to end user.( Data analysis)

3, Panic full meaning.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
Wildchild01

We await your side of the story.
dannybrasky:
CASE FILE.
DANNYBRASKY VS WILDCHILD1 VS WIZZY89 AND
NAIRALANDER .

TOPIC
BAD IPHONE 11 PRO MAX(RANDOM REBOOT)

Good afternoon house!!

I wouldn't have brought this issue here if parties involved were able to reach a common ground,but all my effort to make sure this doesn't happen proved abortive.

On the 9th of july 2020,an open box iphone 11 pro max i bought as a TLC from wildchild1 was picked up by wizzy89.

On the 11th of july phone was sold by wizzy89 to a nairalander who is unknown to me who sold phone to a end user, ( Eventually the unknown nairalander will come out to explain his own side of the story).

On the 12th of july end user complained to the unknown nairalander about phone restarting when in use. (Random reboot).
Wizzy89 sent me a screenshot of his conversation with the unknown nairalander in which I sent to wildchild1 immediately.

Wildchild1 response was mostly it could be software issue,unless the phone must have fallen. To be candid,i also believed it was a software issue as at that time.
So end user was advised to update the phone to see if the random reboot would stop. Well he did update the software,but reboot continued at random,two to three times a day. When the phone was analysed,it brought out a complain about( PANIC FULL).

I kept wildchild in the know again about the random reboot. His response was,then the phone must have fallen.
I don't like arguing blindly,to source for solution,as they say internet is your friend,I searched for PANIC FULL on 11 pro max on Google,I was surprised to see many complaints about random reboots and PANIC FULL with series of complaints to apple. Some experienced it on getting home same day they got their phones from apple stores,meaning it is not attributed to a fall. I sent wildchild the screenshot of similar complaints on Google and i argued it out with him,if the phone fell,this is an 11 pro max,there would be an obvious physical dent or damage to the body,my point was why not try and inspect the phone,and if any physical damage is seen,then buyer would be held responsible.

Wildchild then directed us to Mr Chika in computer village,who did another software upgrade/reload,he left with phone and random reboot happened again when in use. I revert back to wildchild,who told me he won't replace a phone that has stayed with buyer up to a week,I had to remind him the complain was brought the next day phone was bought and I carried him along immediately. He responded saying didnt wizzy89 inspect the phone when picking up? Forgetting it is not a physical damage and that phone does the random reboot at intervals,could be after 30mins to 1 hour of use.

He then directed us to freshboyoflagos,who directed the unknown nairalander to a software engineer today,software engineer asked if the phone software has been reloaded, in which he affirmed. Then software engineer said he should return the phone. Now wildchild1 won't take responsibility for a detective phone with similar complains online.

Note.. wizzy89 as a good friend that he is,help me pick up my phones whenever they arrive in lagos, being that I am far off in abuja. He picked up a TLC I bought off inspectormax which had similar reboot and other problems,guess what? The gentle man took responsibility and collected the defective phone.

HERE I SAY,LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BE THE JUDGE....

Below are screenshots of similar complaints from end users on google which I sent to wildchild,as well as the same phones panic full analysis.

Cc

Dragnet
Kreamie
Omicpet
Nicerazor
Sheelay
Chidekings
Puffynana
Daaz001
Lionlee216

And the other senators in the house too many to mention.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by shalomt4321: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
I did a little research on the panic full error message and it dates back to the iphone 6, during my research i learnt the message pops up as a result if hardware malfunction and also from my research non of the people who had the error message dropped their device or harmed it in any way most of them even got it on their newly purchased iphone from apple store which they sprinted to be replaced by apple because i guess the issue isnt a fixable one
Thats just what i found.

10 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
shalomt4321:
I did a little research on the panic full error message and it dates back to the iphone 6, during my research i learnt the message pops up as a result if hardware malfunction and also from my research non of the people who had the error message dropped their device or harmed it in any way most of them even got it on their newly purchased iphone from apple store which they sprinted to be replaced by apple because i guess the issue isnt a fixable one
Thats just what i found.
You are very right. Even apple said it's not fixable.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rexraph18(m): 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
Having read the case file from Danny and also wildchilds defense statement,

I honestly think this issue shouldn't have gotten here in the first place because, the problem is not from either the seller, or buyer(s) the problem is obviously a factory one from the manufacturer (Apple). Wildchild might not have known of the problem of restarting with the phone, neither the other parties involved in the deal except the actual end user.

My suggestion is you guys(all parties involved) should try and reach a favorable conclusion, out of court of course.

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
Kreamie:
Wildchild01

We await your side of the story.

You just wake up? grin tongue
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sauceEEP(m): 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
How we wan take settle this matter now? Tough one i must say but we await wizzy's response...
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
Let us be neutral in this,let us treat both parties as equals. We all know wildchild1 is a heavyweight here, which is why some peopel are keeping mum. But it doesn't change the fact that the phone is faulty,probably from factory. If you know the truth and it is hard to divulge because of being one sided,then we should keep this at the back of our minds,it could be you someday.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
shalomt4321:
Thats just what i found.

If your device has panic full and apple told you to return, would apple collect it if there's another damage to the device aside the supposed panic full? do you get my point?
Rexraph18:
Having read the case file from Danny and also wildchilds defense statement,

I honestly think this issue shouldn't have gotten here in the first place because, the problem is not from either the seller, or buyer(s) the problem is obviously a factory one from the manufacturer (Apple). Wildchild might not have known of the problem of restarting with the phone, neither the other parties involved in the deal except the actual end user.

My suggestion is you guys(all parties involved) should try and reach a favorable conclusion, out of court of course.

I was surprised when Danny called on saturday and said the so called nairalander that bought the phone from Wizzy threatened to come to dispute thread? And i was like really? So when he messaged today again that they couldnt get it solved at the recommended engineer, i just told them to bring here thats when Danny said he would be the one to bring it.

Its funny how Wizzy who picked the phone has been viewing without comment. grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
sauceEEP:
How we wan take settle this matter now? Tough one i must say but we await wizzy's response...

No be small matter oo grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
wildchild1:

If your device has panic full and apple told you to return, would apple collect it if there's another damage to the device aside the supposed panic full
? do you get my point?

I was surprised when Danny called on saturday and said the so called nairalander that bought the phone from Wizzy threatened to come to dispute thread? And i was like really? So when he messaged today again that they couldnt get it solved at the recommended engineer, i just told him to bring here.

Hell yea! And here we are. I expect wizzy89 and the unknown nairalander to table their own side of the story as well.
And what is the other supposed damage to the devise,I am not understanding cheesy

I reached out to you on WhatsApp and you insisted you won't replace the device,what am i suppose to do? Grab you by the balls or something? Nah!!

Wizzy89 it is time you bring the unknown nairalander in here abeg.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
Alfred74:
Let us be neutral in this,let us treat both parties as equals. We all know wildchild1 is a heavyweight here, which is why some peopel are keeping mum. But it doesn't change the fact that the phone is faulty,probably from factory. If you know the truth and it is hard to divulge because of being one sided,then we should keep this at the back of our minds,it could be you someday.

James 1:19 says Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak.

I dont know which business school you attended but in my years of experience in sales/business issues are looked at critically before solution is arrived at. Now if you sold an item to someone which is you certified to be in good working condition and they bring it back to you, do you just accept it back straight away?

Its on this same thread PS was sold to someone, he spoilt it and claimed he got a bad PS..It was during back and forth he later confessed and admitted, you can go back to previous pages and read.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
A busy day actually.
wildchild1:

You just wake up? grin tongue
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2020
Personally I'll like to see the input of the bosses in this biz , I don't want to call names because it's possible that they've reached out to the disputing parties discreetly ,

But my opinion is this , from a personal experience I had with Joseph that's also in this dispute thread , the phone was with me for over a week ( Samsung s8 ) because I had other engagements and I think I was thinking I had to take the phone to the unlocker to unlock it , but I was later told by cybertek that it could be done remotely which he did and we discovered a MIPI issue .

Initially I tried resolving the issue discreetly but we couldn't , but at the end of the day after messaging some of the bosses here , thanks baba kreamie and bobo65 I believe , I was told to take the issue here and I'll most likely have a fair solution. Joseph being the gentleman that he is later decided to take back the phone and sent me a complete refund .

Now back to the issue at hand , my opinion is this , we can't conclude that wizzy or the end user beyond reasonable doubt , had an accident with the phone , though it's quite suspicious , that the said wizzy guy is viewing this thread without commenting , but I think the end user shouldn't be saddled with the responsibility of dealing with an issue like this himself or alone , I believe all parties can come together and find a viable solution that could be both amicable and mutually beneficial to all , because while the easy solution would be a full refund ( easy to suggest ) but imagine if you were in wildchild shoes ,

undecided the reason why we buy things here is the sense of security and confidence that no matter what happens a viable solution can be found or reached . So lets here what the old G's would say , because like someone mentioned if it was a regular dude , by now we would have had two pages of people unanimously suggesting a full refund and the buyer take his device . Mr wildchild I suggest you and Mr dannybrasky work with the aggrieved and try to sort this issue out amicably , una don big pass people when they carry issue come here ,

I'm sorry for my lengthy epistle .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by showkhunbi(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
I bought the phone from wizzy on July 11th and got back to him on issue the second day when the end user told me the phone will just switched off completely and he will have to power it up again I knew they will be a crash log on that issue on the phone that was when I saw the panic full log and forwarded it to wizzy..
This is the screenshot of the crash log since last Friday when the phone was re-flashed by the said engineer

dannybrasky:

Hell yea! And here we are. I expect wizzy89 and the unknown nairalander to table their own side of the story as well.
And what is the other supposed damage to the devise,I am not understanding cheesy

I reached out to you on WhatsApp and you insisted you won't replace the device,what am i suppose to do? Grab you by the balls or something? Nah!!

Wizzy89 it is time you bring the unknown nairalander in here abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Anopheles: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
wildchild1:

If your device has panic full and apple told you to return, would apple collect it if there's another damage to the device aside the supposed panic full? do you get my point?

Chief...

If Apple asked for a phone to be returned, the phone gets picked up to rule out any other damage. Apple picks the device up not being on the sidelines accusing a user with no shred of evidence

You have no evidence at all whatsoever to back up your phone fell or water got into theories, worse so because you haven't asked for the device so you'd do your own personal inspection. That's a disappointment

Phone falls have a cosmetic flaw, fluid damage problems do not have an exclusive Panic full problem as the only issue. Screen blackouts, port and casing issues are usually in tandem. You dealing with iPhones for years shouldn't have you thinking like this just because there's a long line of customer base. Again, it's worse cos you haven't even physically inspected the phone to accuse a user and indirectly his sellers.

Even if the buyer was in Cotonou and 12 users came in contact with the phone, issue was reported as early as the 3rd day. So, it's a valid report even on the streets of Ikeja...

The easiest compromise and I mean easiest you could've done is take up the phone and see what they're talking about. You didn't. It's to bring a list of theories for a 3 day phone that you yourself again never saw before selling.

Do the right thing and reach a possible solution. Not these baseless "what ifs".

Cheers...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by sauceEEP(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
I wanna believe wizzy89 is composing a reply because he's been viewing without dropping a response.... Am looking forward to his response because wildchild repeatedly said phone might have fallen from either wizzy89 hand or end user...

5 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by timijoseph01(m): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
D4donnn:
Personally I'll like to see the input of the bosses in this biz , I don't want to call names because it's possible that they've reached out to the disputing parties discreetly ,

But my opinion is this , from a personal experience I had with Joseph that's also in this dispute thread , the phone was with me for over a week ( Samsung s8 ) because I had other engagements and I think I was thinking I had to take the phone to the unlocker to unlock it , but I was later told by cybertek that it could be done remotely which he did and we discovered a MIPI issue .

Initially I tried resolving the issue discreetly but we couldn't , but at the end of the day after messaging some of the bosses here , thanks baba kreamie and bobo65 I believe , I was told to take the issue here and I'll most likely have a fair solution. Joseph being the gentleman that he is later decided to take back the phone and sent me a complete refund .

Now back to the issue at hand , my opinion is this , we can't conclude that wizzy or the end user beyond reasonable doubt , had an accident with the phone , though it's quite suspicious , that the said wizzy guy is viewing this thread without commenting , but I think the end user shouldn't be saddled with the responsibility of dealing with an issue like this himself or alone , I believe all parties can come together and find a viable solution that could be both amicable and mutually beneficial to all , because while the easy solution would be a full refund ( easy to suggest ) but imagine if you were in wildchild shoes ,

undecided the reason why we buy things here is the sense of security and confidence that no matter what happens a viable solution can be found or reached . So lets here what the old G's would say , because like someone mentioned if it was a regular dude , by now we would have had two pages of people unanimously suggesting a full refund and the buyer take his device . Mr wildchild I suggest you and Mr dannybrasky work with the aggrieved and try to sort this issue out amicably , una don big pass people when they carry issue come here ,

I'm sorry for my lengthy epistle .
Seconded..
Fully in support of this... As the fault involved isn't one that can be easily detected on spot and at same time, no particular condition/proof that suggests phone was misused by the buying parties...
But maybe we still need to hear from Wizzy89. Every detail of the transaction chain is needed, to reach a conclusion..
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
wildchild1:

James 1:19 says Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak.

I dont know which business school you attended but in my years of experience in sales/business issues are looked at critically before solution is arrived at. Now if you sold an item to someone which is you certified to be in good working condition and they bring it back to you, do you just accept it back straight away?

Its on this same thread PS was sold to someone, he spoilt it and claimed he got a bad PS..It was during back and forth he later confessed and admitted, you can go back to previous pages and read.

As a good business man that i am,customer service to me should be top notch,and recieving customers cash is one,making sure they are satisfied with whatever goods supplied by me is heavenly.

I have sold cars on few occasions,that after customer took delivery of a car, 5 days after,alternator packed up,I could have turned my back and acted like well goods bought in good condition are not returnable as they say. But I took the bull by the horn,too full responsibility and make sure it was sorted.

A customer is also on this platform who bought a benz from me,probably he is reading this as he is one of my followers. 2 days after he called to complain about a noise in his suspension. I could have told him oga,but you tested car ok before paying. But I took the bull by the horn again and make sure suspension was fixed. The same customer recommended me to family and friends,and since then 6 cars or more has been bought from me.

Whichever school of thought you embrace,where we are different is I put customer satisfaction over greed or their dissatisfaction. Reason I am still in business sire.
Even when it is so glaring PANIC FULL is a manufacturer's defect,it is so funny how you are dancing in circles.

Maybe inspectormax who replaced a phone with a random reboot was foolish after all.

9 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
wildchild1:

Na only devil I know way sabi quote bible to cause confusion. Go pay your gbese,na so them go deyy respect nna,nna no go respect nna self. This resolution go deyy expose who nna be small small. Go clear your name,no come here come deyy quote me. If others deyy fear to tell you truth,me no deyy look face. You are wrong on this one, tuehh.

13 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by shalomt4321: 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
wildchild1:

So now
Can you tell us what other damage the device has incured during the time of it being with the middleman and buyer?

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
Anopheles:

Chief...

If Apple asked for a phone to be returned, the phone gets picked up to rule out any other damage. Apple picks the device up not being on the sidelines accusing a user with no shred of evidence

You have no evidence at all whatsoever to back up your phone fell or water got into theories, worse so because you haven't asked for the device so you'd do your own personal inspection. That's a disappointment

Phone falls have a cosmetic flaw, fluid damage problems do not have an exclusive Panic full problem as the only issue. Screen blackouts, port and casing issues are usually in tandem. You dealing with iPhones for years shouldn't have you thinking like this just because there's a long line of customer base. Again, it's worse cos you haven't even physically inspected the phone to accuse a user and indirectly his sellers.

Even if the buyer was in Cotonou and 12 users came in contact with the phone, issue was reported as early as the 3rd day. So, it's a valid report even on the streets of Ikeja...

The easiest compromise and I mean easiest you could've done is take up the phone and see what they're talking about. You didn't. It's to bring a list of theories for a 3 day phone that you yourself again never saw before selling.

Do the right thing and reach a possible solution. Not these baseless "what ifs".

Cheers...

I have always admired your comments in the past no homo. I don't know you but I respect you,You no dey mince words at all.

10 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by ohizzy(m): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
I can understand where Wildchild is coming from but in my opinion, Wildchild should be opened to Dannybrasky's complaint. Danny provided a screenshot of Logs and issues other people experience with this particular Error Log.

Wildchild you fit no remember oo but I remember when I had a similar issue with Chisomk9 and you told to me get the phone sorted out myself after I complained about all the issues the phone was having, from the battery, to screen, to not being unlocked after I paid for a FU mint phone.

And seems like you doing exactly what Chisom did which is pushing blame and not taking responsibility.

@Wizzy89 your statement is also needed, I understand all you did was try to help a brother and now it's haunting you but your silence isn't helping matters.

Wildchild collect the phone and give your engineer personally to check it out and do the needful.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Bills2307(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
Anopheles:

Chief...

Cheers...
This comment na firmino

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Ipsum: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
My believe has always been that take any complex problem, keep asking enough Whys & in no time the solution will present itself in its simplest form. If the problem involves humans, look for motive & gbam.

If you take that same approach to this case, you'll find that though it looks complex & tricky, it's actually VERY SIMPLE if you break it down.

Danny's motive for wanting a refund/settlement is because he's 100% SURE of the cause of the problem ---- manufacturer's fault. And the same problem even surrendered itself in the phone analytics log to save him the many guesses on what could be the problem.

Wildchild's motive, on the other hand, is because he's not 100 sure if the problem is manufacturer's fault. He has doubts, and believes that the problem might also be caused by mishandling. And if it can be proven that this problem is 100% caused by manufacturer's fault like Danny has used the analytics data to show --- wildhchild will accept settlement or whatever agreement they both reach.

Dannybrasky, am i correct on your motive?

Wildchild, am i also correct on your motive?

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ipsum:

If you take that same approach to this case, you'll find that though it looks complex & tricky, it's actually VERY SIMPLE if you break it down.

Danny's motive for wanting a refund/settlement is because he's 100% SURE of the cause of the problem ---- manufacturer's fault. And the same problem even surrendered itself in the phone analytics log to save him the many guesses on what could be the problem.

Wildchild's motive, on the other hand, is because he's not 100 sure if the problem is manufacturer's fault. He has doubts, and believes that the problem might also be caused by mishandling. And if it can be proven that this problem is 100% caused by manufacturer's fault like Danny has used the analytics data to show --- wildhchild will accept settlement or whatever agreement they both reach.

Dannybrasky, am i correct on your motive? Well said.

Wildchild, am i also correct on your motive?

Yes please,if it's looking like an earthquake,it is definitely an earthquake!
Most importantly I want end user to enjoy a phone he paid for and be happy,even when I don't know him.

My sympathy also goes to the guy who sold phone to end user,all his profit has been exhausted on transportation.

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Dare0001: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
dannybrasky:

Yes please,if it's looking like an earthquake,it is definitely an earthquake!
Most importantly I want end user to enjoy a phone he paid for and be happy,even when I don't know him.

My sympathy also goes to the guy who sold phone to end user,all his profit has been exhausted on transportation.

Omo na to dey ask those white guys if the phone get panic full

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wizzy89(m): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
Good Evening Nairalanders,
How are we all doing?
(On a lighter note)

I hate to see petty issues dat don't require involving our honourable panel of judges & jury brought here to our very own Tech court, but it seems a resolution can't be reached in private between Wildchild & Dannybrasky (Who is a very steady client to Wildchild for some time now).

Let me throw more light on what Dannybrasky has said already & answer a few questions raised by Wildchild.

So I pick up for Dannybrasky whenever his items purchased from Dealhunters land Lagos (We formed like a partnership). So, he reached out to help pick up his items (1 Pro Max, 2 X & 1 XsMax) with Wildchild on the 9th of July along with my own items. I spent approximately 5mins on each phone testing the basics (face ID, speakers, camera, FU status) before finding out one of the XsMax had a speaker problem which @Freshlagosboy was also present when I requested a replacement on the spot. Also, 1 X had a slight chip at the back bottom corner of the phone which I didn't detect until I was about selling it (I'll talk about this later).

So the phone in question here is the 11 ProMax (Midnight Green) boxed with accessories which was picked on the 9th & sold on the 11th (Not too bad for a quick sale). The buyer @showkhunbi (middleman & also a NL member) picked up the phone at my side towards evening of 11th & delivered phone to his client. On the 12th (Next Day) a complain was made (See screenshots at the bottom) that the phone is restarting by itself so he told client to update phone to latest OS to see if the issue will still persist. He did then I told him to observe & get back to me if it restarts again which he did with same complain of PANIC FULL as stated by Dannybrasky. At this point, I had sent all complaints & screenshots to Dannybrasky to forward to Wildchild so he's also in the know.

So after so many dialogues between Danny & Wildchild, an attempt to fix the phone was proposed by Wildchild to take the phone to Ikeja to see his recommended engineer. I relayed message to @Showkhunbi, he complained because he was coming all the way from Sango Otta but I pleaded with him to just go so this can be sorted out. He did & the engineer did a restore with iTunes according to him which seemed like the solution but after he returned phone to end user, he experienced the reboot again. Another complaint was made to me so I passed it on to Danny to inform Wildchild leading to the latest one now that Wildchild said he should take the phone to @Freshlagosboy in CV to get it fixed because he has fixed one with similar issue in the past.

So according to @Showkhunbi, he was referred to another engineer by @freshlagosboy. On getting there, the engineer asked if they had restored with iTunes initially to try to solve the problem & he said yes, so the engineer said ge shouldn't bother that it's a board/panel problem & dat he should return the phone if he can. He told me & I relayed message to Danny to tell Wildchild, only for him to tell me its like we'll hv to meet at the dispute resolution thread because a compromise can't be reached. I said OK & dat I'll inform @Showkhunbi also to the thread to see for himself.

I am really surprised & disappointed as well to see that Wildchild whom I respect as the few remaining legit dealhunters here can let this petty matter (Yes, I mean Petty!) play out like this accusing me of dropping the phone to the floor (Also with the X I initially mentioned that had a slight chip behind which I missed to sight at pick up point) or dipping phone in water (like am a kid or what? Or dat my hands were filled with vaseline while handling Danny's phones) undecided. If we want to go down that route, how are we not sure the phone fell from ur cousins/brother's hand also before I picked up.

Now to the part you said ur goods are in perfect working conditions.
> Were you in Lagos (in person) to test ur phones thoroughly before calling for pickup?
> Also these phones were purchased from ebay & not the regular Offerup where picker inspects items (no matter how little) & we all know its always 50/50 conditions with ebay items.

I'll stop here for now but honestly I'm really shocked that someone will buy an item as tlc, when item lands & there is an issue with the condition of the phone within 5 days (even CV sellers give this as warranty) grace period you'll be hearing things like "there's nothing that can be done" or "a replacement can't be issued even if it means waiting". Honestly, we need to retrace our steps to when we needed customers to grow cus I see this act as nothing but Pride & Greed!.

Thank you all for taking out time to read all of this & I hope a peaceful resolution is reached in due time.

Cheers & God bless.

14 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by adecamp(m): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
This matter tie wrapper o
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by elvisco44: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2020
shocked
adecamp:
This matter tie wrapper o
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wizzy89(m): 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2020
Anopheles:

Chief...

Cheers...

#Gbam... God bless you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.