Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,479 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71795 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
sookoo:
Good evening house. Please the Slip indicator and check engine light came on and stayed on the dashboard after the car was driven for like three hours. This has not happened before when the car travels shorter distances. The car is a Toyota Corolla 2011.What do I do please? Thank you.
sorry for the late reply. since the check engine light is on, pls kindly scan the vehicle and post the error codes here so we can assist further.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ciggy000(m): 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good evening AutoMechMo
I scanned my vehicle and it brought up a P1659 ECTS malfunction off and several attempts made to clear the code by the electrician proved abortive as the code keeps coming up. currently no major symptoms aside the fact acceleration is not superb as expected. how do I go about this error code. it's a Honda civic
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2020
sookoo:
Good evening house. Please the Slip indicator and check engine light came on and stayed on the dashboard after the car was driven for like three hours. This has not happened before when the car travels shorter distances. The car is a Toyota Corolla 2011.What do I do please? Thank you.

By "slip" I assume you mean VSC? Sounds like steering angle without more detail. Did the ABS light also come on? Was work recently done on the car? Maybe an alignment?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Smithsonian12: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2020
Hi,
I'm new here, happened upon this forum searching for solutions online.

I need your help badly. I've got an 03 Pathfinder, runs great and does the heavy lifting for my work, to be honest it's almost the perfect ride/work horse I need.

I've been having the P0021 error code on my pathfinder for a while now, starting the car from cold, it runs fine and revs well for the first 20-30 minutes and seems to go into fail safe mode once the engine heats up. I've checked my oil levels, recently replaced all Cam and Crankshaft sensors, I've also removed and checked both IVTC solenoids for any debris or blockage, did the battery test and the screens are moving quite well I think but still no luck. Live data on both solenoids read about the same ⁰CA and percent.

Its driving me crazy and gets very frustrating when this happens, perhaps it's a false positive or I'm looking in the wrong places, I'd appreciate if anyone can share his/her experience with or opinion.

Gracias mucho
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by sookoo: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
Thank you AutoMoTech. Thank you radautoworks. It was taken for a scan and a code said ADF-PO301. Cylinder 1 Misfire detected.
The Rewire said I'll change six plugs.The guy that did the scanning cleared the error though and the light is no longer on the dashboard.

I'm entirely new at this and don't know what to do.
The ABS light did not come on.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Jpeter1990: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
AutoMoTech:

If the tokunbo is original and still in a very good condition. You can go for it.
My problem with brand new is most times their quality is very questionable...

pls Gurus in the house help. scanned my matrix and got this error code P1780.
and a pending code P0440 with a check engine light. pls assist.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2020
Jpeter1990:

pls Gurus in the house help. scanned my matrix and got this error code P1780.
and a pending code P0440 with a check engine light. pls assist.
for P1780, check your park neutral switch, the wiring to the switch and any other associated component.
for P0440 TOYOTA - Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction, the fault is around your EVAP system.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2020
Smithsonian12:
Hi,
I'm new here, happened upon this forum searching for solutions online.

I need your help badly. I've got an 03 Pathfinder, runs great and does the heavy lifting for my work, to be honest it's almost the perfect ride/work horse I need.

I've been having the P0021 error code on my pathfinder for a while now, starting the car from cold, it runs fine and revs well for the first 20-30 minutes and seems to go into fail safe mode once the engine heats up. I've checked my oil levels, recently replaced all Cam and Crankshaft sensors, I've also removed and checked both IVTC solenoids for any debris or blockage, did the battery test and the screens are moving quite well I think but still no luck. Live data on both solenoids read about the same ⁰CA and percent.

Its driving me crazy and gets very frustrating when this happens, perhaps it's a false positive or I'm looking in the wrong places, I'd appreciate if anyone can share his/her experience with or opinion.

Gracias mucho

kindly give more details on the fail safe mode. what happens? what works? what doesn't work?
there is a possibility this is an electrical problem. check all your fuses, wiring and relays too. then we can move from there
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2020
sookoo:
Thank you AutoMoTech. Thank you radautoworks. It was taken for a scan and a code said ADF-PO301. Cylinder 1 Misfire detected.
The Rewire said I'll change six plugs.The guy that did the scanning cleared the error though and the light is no longer on the dashboard.

i think what you had was just a misfire for a short while. that was what triggered the check engine light and the VSC.
thank God its fixed now.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
sookoo:

how far have you driven since? It takes about 30 miles before the light comes back if the problem is still there? If it's more than that, what AutoMoTech said. Also, why 6 spark plugs? Can you post a picture of your spark plugs and do NOT put in Tokunbo ones.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
radautoworks:
how far have you driven since? It takes about 30 miles before the light comes back if the problem is still there? If it's more than that, what AutoMoTech said. Also, why 6 spark plugs? Can you post a picture of your spark plugs and do NOT put in Tokunbo ones.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by kenfarm(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2020
Some of the car symptoms can be frustrating.....no thanks to 9ja bad roads cos most of this symptoms never came with the Toks cars......my formal car frustrated me to the estent when my friends won see me, dem need not go far or call, all dey need do na find me go my mechanic grin......thank God I don buy new one and don't have plan to go mechanic for 4yrs

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
kenfarm:
Some of the car symptoms can be frustrating.....no thanks to 9ja bad roads cos most of this symptoms never came with the Toks cars......my formal car frustrated me to the estent when my friends won see me, dem need not go far or call, all dey need do na find me go my mechanic grin......thank God I don buy new one and don't have plan to go mechanic for 4yrs
Lol.... E be like ma corolla you buy bros grin

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:42am On Oct 17, 2020
How is the weekend over there?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Smithsonian12: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2020
AutoMoTech:

kindly give more details on the fail safe mode. what happens? what works? what doesn't work?
there is a possibility this is an electrical problem. check all your fuses, wiring and relays too. then we can move from there

Hello, thanks for the input.

Everything works except the acceleration. No hard start, no rough idling, it just doesn't rev above 2000 rpm and as a result, it doesn't move swiftly enough, also seems to get stuck on second gear.

Any ideas please?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2020
Smithsonian12:

Hello, thanks for the input.

Everything works except the acceleration. No hard start, no rough idling, it just doesn't rev above 2000 rpm and as a result, it doesn't move swiftly enough, also seems to get stuck on second gear.

Any ideas please?
Check your exhaust system. It might be clogged.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Smithsonian12: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Check your exhaust system. It might be clogged.

Would do.
But do you think this can cause it to throw a P0021?
I occasionally get Evap Gross Leak (P0455), this doesn't come all the time
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2020
Smithsonian12:

Would do.
But do you think this can cause it to throw a P0021?
I occasionally get Evap Gross Leak (P0455), this doesn't come all the time
First check your exhaust. Lets be sure your engine can breathe properly.
You said in your earlier post it runs great the. After abt 20mins it begins to run poorly. A cloghed exhaust could also show such symptoms.
So check it so we can know if your engine is breathing properly.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Smithsonian12: 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
AutoMoTech:

First check your exhaust. Lets be sure your engine can breathe properly.
You said in your earlier post it runs great the. After abt 20mins it begins to run poorly. A cloghed exhaust could also show such symptoms.
So check it so we can know if your engine is breathing properly.
Alright
Yes, it runs well for about 20 minutes then begins to show the signs explained earlier.
I'd get a mechanic to check this out tomorrow, thanks a mill.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ciggy000(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2020
[quote author=ciggy000 post=94681139]Good evening AutoMechMo
I scanned my vehicle and it brought up a P1659 ECTS malfunction off and several attempts made to clear the code by the electrician proved abortive as the code keeps coming up. currently no major symptoms aside the fact acceleration is not superb as expected. how do I go about this error code. it's a Honda civic [/
@AutoMechMo did you deliberately ignore this
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2020
Smithsonian12:

Alright
Yes, it runs well for about 20 minutes then begins to show the signs explained earlier.
I'd get a mechanic to check this out tomorrow, thanks a mill.
ok good
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:58am On Oct 27, 2020
here to help
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by gebulinks: 1:13am On Oct 28, 2020
Good morning. The mechanic changed the Absorbers of my Corolla 08 yesterday. Immediately I went to pick it, it was flagging Check Engine, check Power steering, and check ABS. I questioned the guy but he was just arguing that he didn't do anything to the car. Kindly advice. Getting really frustrated. Thank you.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by adonisgold: 9:00am On Oct 28, 2020
My Toyota Highlander , 2002 model was parked for a while, like a month. When I started it , the power steering oil was leaking. Took it to mechanic who replaced some tubes. Since then the steering has become very strong. It is okay sometimes but soon it seizes and becomes very difficult to drive. Pls, help. The Power steering is no longer leaking.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ControlModule(f): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2020
adonisgold:
My Toyota Highlander , 2002 model was parked for a while, like a month. When I started it , the power steering oil was leaking. Took it to mechanic who replaced some tubes. Since then the steering has become very strong. It is okay sometimes but soon it seizes and becomes very difficult to drive. Pls, help. The Power steering is no longer leaking.
during and after the oil leak, how long did you drive without oil in the power steering?
there is a possibility the pump has been damaged.
also air pockets in the power steering steering will also cause this. was it bled properly after the repair was done?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ControlModule(f): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2020
ciggy000:
Good evening AutoMechMo
I scanned my vehicle and it brought up a P1659 ECTS malfunction off and several attempts made to clear the code by the electrician proved abortive as the code keeps coming up. currently no major symptoms aside the fact acceleration is not superb as expected. how do I go about this error code. it's a Honda civic

possible areas of fault:
Faulty Electronic Throttle Control System (ETCS) Relay
Electronic Throttle Control System (ETCS) Relay harness is open or shorted
Electronic Throttle Control System (ETCS) Relay circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

your problem is an electrical fault that still exists in the system. that is why even though you clear the code it will always come back. the ECU is seeing an electrical fault between itself and the throttle control system. they identify all the components in the system, test each and also the wiring.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2020
[quote author=ciggy000 post=95117051][/quote]

Bros... I am truly sorry. I just went tru the thread now and discovered i didnt post the reply.
I remember getting more info on this complaint. Abeg no vex biko. I didnt ignore at all
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Smithsonian12: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2020
AutoMoTech:

ok good

Hi there,
Finally got the exhaust cleared (was blocked), drove a few minutes and performance dropped again.
Did a scan and got the following errors this time around
P0102 - MAF SEN/CIRCUIT
P0113 - IAT SEN/CIRCUIT
P0021 - INT/V TIM CONT-B2

Attached screenshot
Please help ��

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ControlModule(f): 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
Smithsonian12:

Hi there,
Finally got the exhaust cleared (was blocked), drove a few minutes and performance dropped again.
Did a scan and got the following errors this time around
P0102 - MAF SEN/CIRCUIT
P0113 - IAT SEN/CIRCUIT
P0021 - INT/V TIM CONT-B2

Attached screenshot
Please help ��
My main moniker was blocked again...

P0021. There is a problem on the control side of the wiring to the intake valve timing solenoid.
Do a continuity test btw the solenoid socket and the pin out on the ECU.

P0102 - MAF SEN/CIRCUIT : there is a circuit/wiring problem on your MAF. Check the sensor & the wiring from the MAF to the ECU

P0113 - IAT SEN/CIRCUIT : I suspect the same problem affecting the MAF is also affecting the IAT. So check the sensor and wiring too..

Get them resolved.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by autologic: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
ControlModule:

My main moniker was blocked again...

P0021. There is a problem on the control side of the wiring to the intake valve timing solenoid.
Do a continuity test btw the solenoid socket and the pin out on the ECU.

P0102 - MAF SEN/CIRCUIT : there is a circuit/wiring problem on your MAF. Check the sensor & the wiring from the MAF to the ECU

P0113 - IAT SEN/CIRCUIT : I suspect the same problem affecting the MAF is also affecting the IAT. So check the sensor and wiring too..

Get them resolved.
Oga, this is my own opinion .
This talk of check this, check that , is not helping anybody cos the average naija technician and diy that will later do the checking is ignorant of expected good value talkless of knowing what to check and beside u already know that all these scan dtc codes is not enough to do a diagnosis , u need to see the vehicle physically to actually do further test and take more quality data
Let all these people know that u will need to see the car physically and do further test and give the car the needed fix instead of these fruitless remote Diagnosis.
I don't buy into remote Diagnosis, cos u later find it not really so .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (38) (Reply)

Mulliner Bacalar: Bentley Unveils Car With Trim Made From 5,000-Year-old Wood / You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria / Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.