Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man (5045 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Breaking News: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo Vanguard / I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
BANG! BANG! x number of casualties.
MEND claims responsibilty.
Jonathan says he Knows MEND and they are lying and innocent
Okah implicates Jonathans camp on Aljazeera.
Jonathan replies that Okah is a drowning man and accussed mass murderer.

The drama is still unfolding.

Is Jonathan the type of man we can leave our future in his hands? Have his utterances been presidential enough?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Africanson: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Beaf
I will wait for MEND in Nigeria themselves to deny not commiting these murders. At this point you should not believe what the president is saying neither should you MEND. With time the truth will be out there in the open for everybody to see. Any intelligent mind should by now know there's something smelling underground. There's nobody to believe at this point.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by TewMuch: 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
Unless MEND publicly disowns Okah, he has implied and expressed authority to speak for MEND. Everyone associates him with MEND, and knows that he represents MEND. Even if he does not reside in the country, it can be argued within reasonable means that he has the authority to act on their behalf. As it stands i have not heard that MEND has disowned Okah and expelled him from their leadership. So it still remains that MEND is responsible for the bombings. Okah also has not denied being responsible for the bombings, so we can reasonably assume that he was responsible.

onye_ngbu:

Some people are so dumb here.

Okah is not equal to MEND. Okah might be a member of MEND but that doesnt mean he did what he did under agreement with MEND authorities.

MEND is a group which Okah belongs to and it doesnt mean that eveything Okah doest is what MEND does.

Just like when a policeman uses his issued riffle to rob,  it doesnt mean that NIGERIA POLICE robs people.

Why is this so hard for people to get!
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Africanson: 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
@TewMuch
You are absolutely correct!!. I have been arguing along this line with beaf who seems bent on defending the president. When the bombings happened I watched it live on CNN and I was sympathising with the president when he absorbed MEND. But suddenly the incident got an interesting political twist into it
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
I don't know why it is up to Jonathan to Absolve mend of wrongdoing even after they have claimed responsibility.?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by warrior01: 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Jabbock, what is not presidential about the president coming out to say it the way it is. Some people are out to make the country ungovernable because they believe Nigeria belongs to them. Mind you, as the CSO of the country, he has more info than you and I. I must really commend him for being cool headed so far despite all the campaigns of calumny being launched from left, right and center all in a bid for power to remain in some clique's hands. Nobody even you can take the shit these people are throwing his way. If you can tell yourself the truth, just like 2003 and 2007, some people wants to use these unpatriotic elements to cause distrust in the society. Lets keep on watching as time will reveal everything
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by warrior01: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
the main Mend that we know has come out to disassociate themselves from this terrorist act. Anybody can sit behind a PC and claim to be Mend or working for Mend but the people that was Mend we know and GEJ is right
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2010
in all the attacks that mend has carried out,this is the first one that people are coming out to defend them! wonders shall never end
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2010
warrior01:

the main Mend that we know has come out to disassociate themselves from this terrorist act. Anybody can sit behind a PC and claim to be Mend or working for Mend but the people that was Mend we know and GEJ is right

Real MEND/Fake Mend  . . . now we have "MAIN" MEND

Don't you all get tired of this game of TWISTER you continue to play? ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
warrior01:

@Jabbock, what is not presidential about the president coming out to say it the way it is. Some people are out to make the country ungovernable because they believe Nigeria belongs to them. Mind you, as the CSO of the country, he has more info than you and I. I must really commend him for being cool headed so far despite all the campaigns of calumny being launched from left, right and center all in a bid for power to remain in some clique's hands. Nobody even you can take the poo these people are throwing his way. If you can tell yourself the truth, just like 2003 and 2007, some people wants to use these unpatriotic elements to cause distrust in the society. Lets keep on watching as time will reveal everything
And you feel he is not been economical with the truth. The truth is not for all the pawns here like me and you. The truth is saved for their nocturnal meetings, where oil wells are allocated like pure water.

All of them (okah, jonathan, etc) are not telling us the truth. This is a struggle for resource control. Okah certainly wants more share. Perharps he wants to be president too.  grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by warrior01: 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2010
Real MEND/Fake Mend . . . now we have "MAIN" MEND

Don't you all get tired of this game of TWISTER you continue to play? ROFLMAO!!!!
the men that fought the battle at the creeks with their boys we know and not some attention seeking murderers being used as pawn by desperate politicians to embarass the govt and cause uncertainty in the land. WE are saying NO TO SPONSORED TERRORISM
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by tiletile: 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
jabbok:

Below is a comment on the article on Saharareporters
:

Jonathan´s Regime Is The Lowest Of The Lowlifer
Submitted by Sunday Njokede on October 5, 2010 - 17:48.
Why call Henry Okah "mass murderer" when investigation is ongoing? Jonathan and his pressman of Ima Niboro have turned our statecraft into a jester-paradise. Sometimes you do not want to beleive that most of the news doled out by this guy actually originated from the presidency! Lowlifers have taken over Aso Rock.

Jonathan had thought that to be president is a cakewalk. Now the mudsligging is rife proper. I doubt if he could ever hold his strife till May 29, 2011 when Buhari takes over from him.

www.rig2011electionyoudie@rocketmail.com

this is soooo onn point.

Jonathan reply = The last few kicks of a dieing horse
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Ibime(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
Lot of double standards here. . .

They didn't say Okah is not MEND when Soyinka was representing Okahs MEND.

They didn't say Okah is not MEND during the Warri bombings.

Now that Okahs actions are politically embarassing, they claim Okah is now not MEND.

Okah is MEND. Gbomo is MEND. Soon as the illiterate fighters accepted amnesty, they started releasing communique as themselves, not as MEND.

Everyman and his dog knew MEND never accepted amnesty. Tompolo even released statement describing MEND as. "Paper tiger", now he is claiming to be the real MEND.

If all these disparate militants are MEND, who is their leader? These militants have never acted as one organisation except through Okah/Gbomo.

MEND is responsible for the attack. People should stop talking nonsense here. Beaf himself already castigated likes of Tompolo, Boyloaf etc as no longer being part of MEND. . . This was during amnesty process.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
we are still waiting

will the real mend please standup cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2010
oyb:

we are still waiting

will the real mend please standup cheesy cheesy cheesy

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by warrior01: 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
ROFLMAO!!

hello, are you normal at all? I'm asking this cos ever since I joined Nairaland that has always been your only contribution. Pls, is everything ok?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by paddylo1(m): 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Ibime

iF Okah is MEND and MEND planned the bomb attack then OKAH has a case to answer in SA for being a terrorist not so?

I mean OKAH now claims he was arrested for not blaming northerners. .

how about he was arrested for being a terrorist gun-runner. .

First he denies he doesnt know anything,now he claims he is under arrest for not influencing his group which has claimed responsibility

Its like OSAMA claiming he is being arrested for only being a spokesman to al-qaeda

How laughable

Whichever way u look at it. . dude got a case to answer

I dont know why he wasnt hanged when he was arrested,by YarADUA
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
paddy_lo:

@Ibime

iF Okah is MEND and MEND planned the bomb attack then OKAH has a case to answer in SA for being a terrorist not so?

Jonathan said MEND is not a terrorist organisation, and if Okah is MEND as you asserted, then he is certainly not a terrorist. Have you seen the madness in these episodes?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by paddylo1(m): 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
Jonathan said MEND is not a terrorist organisation, and if Okah is MEND as you asserted, then he is certainly not a terrorist. Have you seen the madness in these episodes?

no its perfectly logical. . .let me explain

At the height of the MEND madness btw 2006 - 2008. . why didnt MEND detonate a single bomb in ABUJA?

Because MEND focuses on oil infrastructure. . .to make the GOVT listen to their plight

How do u get sympathy by killing innocent Nigerians?

again its not their Modus operandi

That is what GEJ was getting at. .

Make no mistake about it the blasts in Abuja last week was a terrorist act. . meant to kill the largest number of people possible

those who planned and carried it out,had a political score to settle(note nothing to do with emancipation of Niger Delta aka MEND)

and It all has to do with the 2011 elections

now they carried it out while hiding under the name of MEND

How is that so hard to grasp?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Abagworo(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
warrior01:

I believe your MEND is Ateke,Tompolo and  Asari.Ibime an Ijawman has told you the history of these oil bunkerers and criminals.MEND comprises of intellectuals who are fighting for a just course.The FG assembled these retired criminals and offered them money to go and fight MEND.You and I will still watch the entire drama unfold.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Ibime(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2010
I'm witnessing a show of shame on AIT with likes of Ateke and co claiming Tompolo as their lord and leader. So Jonathan wants to enthrone an illiterate as a spokesman for Niger Deltan armed struggle?

The enemy within is worse than the enemy without. MEND has always embodied an intellectual approach to militancy. We reject any revisionism designed by Jonathan to make mockery of the Niger Delta struggle by presenting likes of Tompolo as a speaker for our agitation through armed struggle.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by asha80(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ibime:

I'm witnessing a show of shame on AIT with likes of Ateke and co claiming Tompolo as their lord and leader. So Jonathan wants to enthrone an illiterate as a spokesman for Niger Deltan armed struggle?

The enemy within is worse than the enemy without. MEND has always embodied an intellectual approach to militancy. We reject any revisionism designed by Jonathan to make mockery of the Niger Delta struggle by presenting likes of Tompolo as a speaker for our agitation through armed struggle.

I saw the m same too.i got confused undecided

Tompolo lord and leader of MEND?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Obiagu1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
The whole palaver started with Jonathan trying to exonerate MEND for what they admitted doing and now is trying tooth and nail to undermine the whole niger-delta struggle in the name of saving face.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2010
Abagworo:

I believe your MEND is Ateke,Tompolo and  Asari.Ibime an Ijawman has told you the history of these oil bunkerers and criminals.MEND comprises of intellectuals who are fighting for a just course.The FG assembled these retired criminals and offered them money to go and fight MEND.You and I will still watch the entire drama unfold.

Gbomo in any Interview denies ASARI is affiliated with MEND. grin
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by paddylo1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ibime

If tompolo is not the leader why did he meet with Yaradua

I dont even understand where u stand on this issue

are u with henry okah the self acclaimed gun-runner and mercenary

or are u with the Nigerian ppl who are being lied to and slaughtered by the likes of okah and IBB

Further more are u more Niger Deltan than Jonathan?

are u now in the camp of the likes of mallam adamu ciroma

pls explain cause i dont quite follow u on this one
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
if mend had not struyck in warri, where plenty of people died, i might belive this is not mend

the only real difference between the warri and abuja bombing is that the abija bombing got international coverage

if it had been in ph or if it had not gotten international coverage and the resultant oyibo shock, nl would be awash in the familiar UP MEND! chants

those wh died in warri blasts were also innocent civilians and nigerians, were they not?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Bawss1(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
Hold up a minute, so the president has reduced himself to engaging in a back and forth with Okah. Amazing.
Why can't he just keep quiet till all this dust clears. Jittery man indeed.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Obiagu1(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
paddy_lo:

@ibime

or are u with the Nigerian ppl who are being lied to and slaughtered by the likes of okah and IBB

I have just 4 letters to qualify you. F.O.O.L.

How does IBB come into this? It's like delusion runs in your veins.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Ibime(m): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ Paddylo,

Only those who woke up to this issue yesterday will go along with this Tompolo bullcrap. I don't have time to go back in history. This is pure revisionism.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2010
it is very clear that this bombing as no purpose whatsoever for the niger delta, what is the motive of this bombings at this time? okah dose not have a standing army, whatsoever any where in ND, and his recent interview with aljazeera clearly shows where his allegiance lies, the various people of the ND have come out clearly to condemn this attack, including various commanders responsible for past attacks, is it untill okah comes out to disclaim this attack before you all will believe?  why don,t we wait as the investigations unfolds? jonathan has said this has nothing to do with the niger delta, which is very true.
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2010
paddy_lo:

no its perfectly logical. . .let me explain

At the height of the MEND madness btw 2006 - 2008. . why didnt MEND detonate a single bomb in ABUJA?

Because Jonathan was not in Abuja then. Na Jonathan MEND they follow, afterall he re-affirmed that he KNOWS MEND well well. Any more questions?
Re: Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
oyb:

if mend had not struyck in warri, where plenty of people died, i might belive this is not mend

the only real difference between the warri and abuja bombing is that the abija bombing got international coverage

if it had been in ph or if it had not gotten international coverage and the resultant oyibo shock, nl would be awash in the familiar UP MEND! chants

those wh died in warri blasts were also innocent civilians and nigerians, were they not?

pls do a background check on that bombing, none of the militant leaders was carried along in that conference, hence they (organizer) were warned not to have a meeting without their input but the organizers still went ahead, hence the bombing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ovia, Otteh And Otedola Join GEJ Economic Team / Which Tribe Owns Port Harcourt? / Yorubas Declares Oduduwa Republic, Blames North For Nigerias Problem (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.