Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign (9292 Views)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Kilode1: 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Good question! And the answer is --- the many Nigerians out there and on Nairaland who continue to think much of these old men.

It is sort of like John Stewart calling for the resignation of any governor/government. The only reason you would hear much of it is if a lot of people out there counted his opinion for much. Not that I don't like John Stewart, I do -- I watch his show every night but I know his opinion on issues, is really just that and should remain that, his opinion. Now, I do hope to be at the rally to keep fear alive on october 30th though. lol

Hey! be on the look out for me!!! I will be wearing a black MEND T-shirt with Boko-Haram insignia. Bring on the fear baaabeeeyyyy!!!!!  grin cool
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Oct 06, 2010
ROFLMAO!!! Now that is keeping fear alive for real . . .lol!!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by sorealguy: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ SEGUN: that was very narrow minded of u. Pls u should always have a deep and logical thots when issues like this happen b4 rushing to respond publicly otherwise u will only end up creating unnecessary opportunities for evil genius. Northerners were never responsible and i think it is about time we all have a collective goal and face the common enemies that have been undermining the growth and development of this nation. Obviously, Jonathan has nothing to gain if he holds the north responsible and couldn't have, the north like you and I want a good leader with no questionable record. A small group of selfish and satanic people who are only using stolen resources of our generation unborn to create confusion so that u and I, even the north can be manipulated towards making a wrong decision. Lets join hands together to say no to this satanic manipulation and face our common enemies squarely.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by gadogado(m): 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2010
nairaland has officially become a northern bashing site. Its sad because 99% of you bash northerners on here and hardly do northerners defend themselves. So you're basically talking to each other like i.diots.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by AloyEmeka5: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2010
gadogado:

nairaland has officially become a northern bashing site. Its sad because 99% of you bash northerners on here and hardly do northerners defend themselves. So you're basically talking to each other like i.diots.

Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by sammyzacks(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2010
The devil can't speak the truth.even when he does it turns into a lie.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by invisible2(m): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2010
gadogado:

The north and south have the same problem, the same set of clueless, toothless, gutless old men are still trying to steer our destiny. None of the old men said anything about our vote counting, our collective potential or our future. All they keep thinking is about their diminishing egos.
We need to wake up and seize our destiny from these old men who decieved our fathers and are still around to mislead our children. Enough is enough. We dont hate the north, just let those elders mind their business and not overheat the polity.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Kilode1: 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! Now that is keeping fear alive for real . . .lol!!

You betchya!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by ayinba1(f): 3:49am On Oct 07, 2010
For starters, I strongly believe that the bomb blast was the handiwork of MEND. If any politician had inside access to it, na GEJ.

Secondly, GEJ has mishandled this and many other issues. He is a bumbling omo airola ri, aijebe ri.

Now to Mr Ciroma, Sir, you disgust me if you really said GEJ should resign. And whomever else was in your group that supported your statement also make me want to puke. Ehnnn, hypocrisy of the highest order. The white hen does not know that it is an oldie. Your name is among the names we had to cram in Elementary school and even with age, have you gained no wisdom?

From this point on, I address the Northern oligarchy. You guys are the worst things to happen to Northern Nigeria. Think about all the years that you spent in power (even including NOW) and point to what progress the North has made under you. You loot and loot and loot like you are actually going to eat money. You love your neighbours to continue giving you "ranka dades'; You claim that you ar muslims yet continue to hoard. How many of these things will benefit you after you are dead?

The North of Nigeria has the highest poverty rate yet your kids attend the best schools in Europe and America with stolen money. You can jusify it all you care but when something is meant for the whole community and you keep it for yourself, you have usurped a trust and will be judged for it.

Where were you when the late YarAdua was clinging by life support? You all refused to let the man go in dignity. Again, Sir, you and your likes disgust me. You turned the man into a spectacle by your blindness to what is fair and just.

Think about it for a second, Sir, and while you are at it, try to solve the problems of cholera, unsanitary water supplies, extreme poverty and lack of education (did I mention religious Unrest) that dominates Northern Nigeria. With your respective stashes, each of you could make a little difference in the lives of your people whom you are supposed to serve.

As for GEJ, the rest of us Nigerians will point out the truth because we do not blindly follow our tribesman into s--t like you guys do,

Thank you Sir.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by KBrown: 7:15am On Oct 07, 2010
It's funny how Nigerians take people like Adamu Ciroma, IBB and co serious when they claim to be talking on behalf of the Northerners. Which North? They are certainly not representing the interest of the Northerners from Tafawa Balewa (Bauchi State), the Tivs (Benue), the Junkuns (Taraba), the Biroms (Plateau), the Kanuris (Bornu), the Okuns (Kogi), the Yorubas (Kwara), the Da kari kari and Gwaris ( Niger) and many more.
People should stop worrying themselves whenever wasted people like Adamu Ciroma claim to be representing the North. They represent no one but their selfish selves!
Through their devilish claims, they deliberately set the rest of the country against the Northerners who never benefited during their misrule. All they are interested in is to keep the Northerners perpetually under their rule without education and in abject poverty. Despite being so long in power, it is only in the North you find people so poor, they allow their children to roam the streets begging for left-over food at bukas. You find men so poor, their means of survival is just a tray of kola on their heads and men so poor, they gladly allow their female children to get married at tender ages just to avoid long time responsibility.
One day! I say one day! Allah will free the Northerners from selfish leaders like Ciroma, IBB, Atiku et al.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 07, 2010
gadogado:

nairaland has officially become a northern bashing site. Its sad because 99% of you bash northerners on here and hardly do northerners defend themselves.

i thot it use to be an IGBO bashing site, that have even made other igboids to deny their origin and claim they are ibo and not igbo. still wondering wats the difference.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by googleget: 9:39am On Oct 07, 2010
those that calls for gej resignation are selfish and ungodly fearing
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by icare1: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2010
J O K E R S AND B U L L I E S
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Orikinla(m): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2010
The PDP is just making a mess of Nigeria and Nigerians.

ONLY FOOLS WILL SUPPORT AND VOTE FOR PDP.

The PDP is making Nigeria the laughing stock of the world.

The PDP is a disgrace to democracy and governance.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by maimalari: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2010
My fellow nairalanders, what if Goodluck Jonathan is
behind the terror plot? Cos he seemed to know the
quantity of bombs expected to blow up. Guess that
was why he continued the celebrations after such
security breach in the same arena. Would our
security agencies be truthful in their investigations?
considering that Gej is somehow above our laws and
enjoys immunity. Goodluck Jonathan should also be
questioned and interrogated. Shikina.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by maimalari: 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by warrior01: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2010
Are you this daft?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by emcaluv(m): 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2010
You guys are very funny. U.S.A. government could not thwart September 11 threat on their soil. Please leave Jonathan alone. He is doing well, period. Even if he made a mistake, it is still pardonable. He is better than those Northan crooks.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2010
When did these disgusted and betrayal artists from southern Nigeria develop such contemptible hatred for northern region of Nigeria? It was not long ago northern Nigeria was regarded by western, mid-western and some section of eastern region as the best thing God created after the slice of bread.

The western and certain section of mid-western regions were willing to kill easterners on the urging of northern region of Nigeria. Today’s shameful displays of political shenanigans by delusional southern Nigerians are complete waste of time. The water is already under the bridge.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2010
roll eyez
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by T9ksy(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2010
Posted by: warrior01

Are you this daft?

And what do u think if the post in quote is anything to go by?
Go on, have a guess grin.
I will place my bet in the affirmative grin grin
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Ayowumie(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2010
T9ksy:

Posted by: warrior01
Are you this daft?

And what do u think if the post in quote is anything to go by?
Go on, have a guess grin.
I will place my bet in the affirmative grin grin

I dont understand your argument. What exactly are trying to say?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by T9ksy(m): 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2010
Posted by: Ayowumie
I dont understand your argument. What exactly are trying to say?

Sorry, can't help u. Try reading my last post again including the pasted quote but this time, read carefullu and slowly. If you still don't get it, try again, and again. Eventually, am sure the penny will drop grin grin
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2010
maimalari:

These suspicions cannot be dismissed easily. One thing is sure, those bombs belongs to PDP and maybe, just maybe, GEJ detonated the bombs to discredit an evil man on his trail or even ahead of him. Sad enough for him, the plot has back-fired. This is just a hypothesis
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
Rubbish ,Rubbish and absolute Rubbish, when president umaru yaradua was alive, there were dozens of bombings, especially in the niger delta. Then the so called northern political egg heads did not think it ll be appropriate for him to resign not to talk of the drama that surrounded the coming into power of president goodluck. Why is it that when ever it favours the north it is assumed as "the will of allah" nd when its not then resentments start pouring in. And they come out to say One Nigeria when they are the ones that hav started an institution of triballism. If they dont like the fact that a niger deltern, a nigerian is at the helm of affairs in this country,they can go back home and eat their long chewing sticks.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Ayowumie(m): 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2010
hmn hmn
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
Dede1:

When did these disgusted and betrayal artists from southern Nigeria develop such contemptible hatred for northern region of Nigeria? It was not long ago northern Nigeria was regarded by western, mid-western and some section of eastern region as the best thing God created after the slice of bread.
The western and certain section of mid-western regions were willing to kill easterners on the urging of northern region of Nigeria. Today’s shameful displays of political shenanigans by delusional southern Nigerians are complete waste of time. The water is already under the bridge.      

You're right.
However, and since politics is a game of no-permanent friends, but permanent interests, we Igbos need to learn to use this opportunity to advance our own interest, and quickly too.
Since the race is still going on, there should be little need to remain fixated in the past. Doing so will be ino na agha n'a gu ndi egburuegbu
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2010
naijaking1:

You're right.
However, and since politics is a game of no-permanent friends, but permanent interests, we Igbos need to learn to use this opportunity to advance our own interest, and quickly too.
Since the race is still going on, there should be little need to remain fixated in the past. Doing so will be ino na agha n'a gu ndi egburuegbu

Bros, Americans say “the past is prologue”. In addition, my grandfather told me not to forgive or forget the onlooker who did everything other than to commit suicide to cheer my opponent who had me in stranglehold. The political philosophy of “no permanent friends but permanent interests” can only hold true if there is iota of mutual understanding among the parties involved. In Nigeria, there is no mutual political understanding among the people and memories of favor are very short-lived.

I had rather swim with the northern Nigerians who had respected my ability to fight back than swim with the so-called neighbors (southern Nigerians) who would drown me at the urging of northern Nigerians.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 11:47pm On Oct 08, 2010
To an extent, Igbos of today need to try gaining some advantage from all this chaos, just like the Yorubas of the 1960s.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 12:02am On Oct 09, 2010
Dede1:

Dede, you did not disappoint. Thanks! cool

Frankly I'm baffled by the level of anti-north from certain corners of Nigeria these days. These same sections carried out far more anti-Igbo actions than the north urged during the war.

I'm not a northern fan for obvious reasons, but I will not be caught in the same camp with these guys soon. You can take that to the bank. cool

I have been urging that Jonathan demonstrate that he wants to change Nigeria, not just going there to be president while things stay the same. I am yet to see those bold actions from him. All he wants so far is to be president. No more.

I will join their camp only after they and Jonathan have crossed the rubicon. I don't think that has happened yet.
All I see is a stratagem to steal Igbo political fortunes in Nigeria. I am not deceived one bit.

So, let this show of hate translate into concrete actions. Talk is always cheap, and I know who talks most in Nigeria, only to go behind to strike deals when real war starts. undecided undecided
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 09, 2010
Dede1:

Bros, Americans say “the past is prologue”. In addition, my grandfather told me not to forgive or forget the onlooker who did everything other than to commit suicide to cheer my opponent who had me in stranglehold. The political philosophy of “no permanent friends but permanent interests” can only hold true if there is iota of mutual understanding among the parties involved. In Nigeria, there is no mutual political understanding among the people and memories of favor are very short-lived.

I had rather swim with the northern Nigerians who had respected my ability to fight back than swim with the so-called neighbors (southern Nigerians) who would drown me at the urging of northern Nigerians.

Na your papa born you. Niger Delta can never be trusted. This is their war. We will watch them fight it and see how they can get out of it. Every Nigerian is a Tribalist. I am proud to be Igbo 1st
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 12:16am On Oct 09, 2010
Dede1:

Onlytruth:

Dede, you did not disappoint. Thanks!  cool

Frankly I'm baffled by the level of anti-north from certain corners of Nigeria these days. These same sections carried out far more anti-Igbo actions than the north urged during the war.

I'm not a northern fan for obvious reasons, but I will not be caught in the same camp with these guys soon. You can take that to the bank.
cool

I have been urging that Jonathan demonstrate that he wants to change Nigeria, not just going there to be president while things stay the same. I am yet to see those bold actions from him. All he wants so far is to be president. No more.

I will join their camp only after they and Jonathan have crossed the rubicon. I don't think that has happened yet.
All I see is a stratagem to steal Igbo political fortunes in Nigeria. I am not deceived one bit.

So, let this show of hate translate into concrete actions. Talk is always cheap, and I know who talks most in Nigeria, only to go behind to strike deals when real war starts. undecided undecided

I wonder what is responsible for the ambivalence displayed by you guys on these forums. Are you so scared of the North that you over-look what really happened and instead direct your vitriol at other sections of Nigeria?

What really is responsible for your fear? Why have a problem with the West and the South-South?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Fg May Engage Us Marines! / Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud / Attention Seun And Whoever It May Concern.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.