Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,644 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign (9286 Views)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sky Blue:

LOOOL. Why am I not surprised? I won't even bother with you any more. Have a nice day cheesy

Answer the question my friend ktewwwwwwww
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Obiagu1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sky Blue:

LOOOL. Why am I not surprised? I won't even bother with you any more. Have a nice day  cheesy

Northern political leaders were right to ask Jonathan to resign as he failed to treat MEND like Yar’Adua treated Boko Haram. You got it right so suck it up.  cool
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Ibime(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ Obiagu,

The inability to crush MEND is not for want of trying. MEND is not based in one location like Boko Haram who were easily picked off. I can point to 3 different occassions where helicopter gunships have invaded MEND camps unsuccessfully.

Secondly, I am not for GEJ. My problem with this statement is the group it comes from, a group which believes it has the right to pick and choose which tribe produces Nigerias leader. Its the same group that would rather leave a dead President on the throne for 3 months than hand over to another tribe. A group that promises Presidency to SS in 2015, then turn around to promise it to SE. Who made these people kingmakers?

Look at the text of the speech, describing ND as a small group of terrorists who try to extend their influence beyond their "small corner of Nigeria". Trust I dislike Jonathan, but faced with a straight choice between him and this genocidal group, I will back GEJ on this point. As it is, Ribadu presents a better alternative to these thieves.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by OAM4J: 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2010

We would like to state, for the umpteenth time, that President Goodluck Jonathan's desperation to be President again in 2011 can only take Nigeria back to the dark days of President Olusegun Obasanjo's Third Term with all its attendant instability and the wasting of innocent civilians’ lives. Now that the President has proven that he is incapable of leading the nation justly and fairly and that he is desperate enough to want to hang mass murder around the neck of unnamed Northerners to achieve his second term, we as citizens of this country have totally lost confidence in his leadership and hereby call on him to immediately resign. If he fails to do so by the end of the week, we call on the National Assembly to commence impeachment proceedings against him with immediate effect. We state, without any equivocation that, as Northerners and as citizens of this country, we no longer feel safe and secure under his leadership.

The final, better, safer and long lasting solution will be for the National assembly to commence the process of disintegrating Nigeria.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Obiagu1(m): 9:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ibime:

@ Obiagu,

The inability to crush MEND is not for want of trying. MEND is not based in one location like Boko Haram who were easily picked off. I can point to 3 different occassions where helicopter gunships have invaded MEND camps unsuccessfully.

Secondly, I am not for GEJ. My problem with this statement is the group it comes from, a group which believes it has the right to pick and choose which tribe produces Nigerias leader. Its the same group that would rather leave a dead President on the throne for 3 months than hand over to another tribe. A group that promises Presidency to SS in 2015, then turn around to promise it to SE. Who made these people kingmakers?

Look at the text of the speech, describing ND as a small group of terrorists who try to extend their influence beyond their "small corner of Nigeria". Trust I dislike Jonathan, but faced with a straight choice between him and this genocidal group, I will back GEJ on this point. As it is, Ribadu presents a better alternative to these thieves.

Well, you’ve said what I agree with; it shouldn’t come from Northerners.

ferari90:

Answer the question my friend ktewwwwwwww

Don't mind him, he's clueless.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by SkyBlue1: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
Obiagu1:

Northern political leaders were right to ask Jonathan to resign as he failed to treat MEND like Yar’Adua treated Boko Haram. You got it right so suck it up.  cool

Why do you continue to expose your blatant ignorance? I asked you whether you knew what was going on in the Niger Delta with regards to the Nigerian army. When gun ships were bombing the creeks was that child's play? Are you kidding me? Why do you insist on refusing to obtain information which would cost you nothing? Are you scared of using your internet? You asked a poster why the Nigerian government has been going easy on MEND as compared to Boko Haram (which by the way is still active and the government continue to ignore - but you would rather sidestep that ofcourse) and I alluded to such postulations being rubbish when backed up with factual incidences. Or have you decided to contract selective amnesia so you don't have to recall when whole areas of creeks were bombed all in a quest to get Ateke Tom about a year into Yar Adua's presidency? Was that also child's play? Look, there is nothing I can do for you if you refuse to use resources available to you for free. Boko Haram broke free a significant number of their operatives from jail and no one is talking about it. How many so called militants have been killed throughout this fiasco? You can force a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink water. I won't indulge you any further.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Obiagu1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sky Blue:

Why do you continue to expose your blatant ignorance? I asked you whether you knew what was going on in the Niger Delta with regards to the Nigerian army. When gun ships were bombing the creeks was that kids gloce? Are you kidding me? Why kdod you insist on refusing to obtain information which would cost you nothing? Are you scared of using your internet? You asked a poster why the Nigerian government has been going easy on MEND as compared to Boko Haram (which by the way is still active and the government continue to ignore - but you would rather sidestep that ofcourse) and I alluded to such postulations being rubbish when backed up with factual incidences. Or have you decided to contract selective amnesia so you don't have to recall when whole areas of creeks were bombed all in a quest to get Ateke Tom about a year into Yar Adua's presidency? Was that also child's play? Look, there is nothing I can do for you if you refuse to use resources available to you for free. Boko Haram broke free a significant number of their operatives from jail and no one is talking about it. How many so called militants were killed? You can force a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink water. I won't indulge you any further.

. . .  and what were you saying? You've really been worked up, sorry.
The only thing I’ll say from your trash is: Under whose regime did the Boko Haram broke the jail and was left untouched?

Get a woman to relax your nerves.  cool
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2010
What I see in this is further heating up of the polity and ratcheting up of tensions.
Frankly, unless something is done fast, Nigeria is headed for a major conflict. I see all the signs.
Jonathan is the president. He has one of two choices before him. Either be strong and get resource control by any means necessary, or he must crush the MEND.

Going forward, his leadership will be called into question more. He is losing power as we speak. Nigeria is a nation of 150 million restless Africans, and soon someone will be tempted to upturn the apple cart. Nature abhors vacuums and if for a second Nigerians feel a vacuum at the top, Jonathan is gone. He must understand that there are no more middle roads. Nigeria is coming to a head and only a strong leader will continue from here.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

What I see in this is further heating up of the polity and ratcheting up of tensions.
Frankly, unless something is done fast, Nigeria is headed for a major conflict. I see all the signs.
Jonathan is the president. He has one of two choices before him. Either be strong and get resource control by any means necessary, or he must crush the MEND.

Going forward, his leadership will be called into question more. He is losing power as we speak. Nigeria is a nation of 150 million restless Africans, and soon someone will be tempted to upturn the apple cart. Nature abhors vacuums and if for a second Nigerians feel a vacuum at the top, Jonathan is gone. He must understand that there are no more middle roads. Nigeria is coming to a head and only a strong leader will continue from here.

Analysis . . . analysis. What happened to your earlier analysis where you concluded that MEND had nothing to do with this? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Obiagu1(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Exactly! What I hated most was him trying to exonerate MEND and turning the whole stuff against his political opponents. That was very unnecessary and a very bad move.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Analysis . . . analysis. What happened to your earlier analysis that MEND had nothing to do with this? ROFLMAO!!

I still hold on to my hypothesis because it still doesn't make sense. Unless of course I overestimated their intelligence; on that count, I stand corrected.  sad
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
I don't even think Jonathan's biggest headache is next year's elections.

We have bigger issues to deal with. If I were him, I will declare marshal law and postpone the elections indefinitely until I get resource control or defeat MEND. It must be one or the other.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
I suggest you read up on the issue. MEND has confessed over and over to be involved.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525884.0.html
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I suggest you read up on the issue. MEND has confessed over and over to be involved.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525884.0.html

I've read it. I still can't believe it. I don't see how they win from here. It is a strategic mistake. sad sad

I hope nobody is playing a sinister game with MEND.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by AloyEmeka5: 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

I don't even think Jonathan's biggest headache is next year's elections.

We have bigger issues to deal with. If I were him, I will declare marshal law and postpone the elections indefinitely until I get resource control or defeat MEND. It must be one or the other.

Then other groups will spring up and face him squarely. MEND, Egbesu, OPC, Arewa, Ohaneze ,Nadeco. You think he can stand the heat?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Then other groups will spring up and face him squarely. MEND, Egbesu, OPC, Arewa, Ohaneze ,Nadeco. You think he can stand the heat?

I mentioned marshal law because I cannot see how he gets resource control with the current national assembly. No southerner can get anything like resource control without restructuring Nigeria through marshal law. That is why he needs to be a strong leader.
Nigeria has MAJOR issues threatening its very existence. Elections are not even supposed to happen while those issues are swept under the carpet.
He needs to demonstrate the urgency of the situation and communicate that effectively to Nigerians and international community.
The last thing we want in Nigeria is a war.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jamace(m): 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
Please, bear this in mind any time you hear war and rumours of war in Nigeria:

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3912.html
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by publisher(m): 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
The problem in Southern Nigeria is 'too much' education with every Ade,Chike and Ochuko claiming intellectual superiority in their analysis. GEJs down fall will not be due to Northerners but by his fellow Southern compatriots.
From an objective point of view GEJ never goofed in any way as it relates to MEND's involvement. Most people on this fora have ignored the fact that Henry Okah is described as an EX-leader of MEND. The bulk of what used to be known as MEND negotiated with the late Yaradua and accepted the  amnesty offer. Henry Okah fell out with his former comrades in arms and proceeded on a self exile in South Africa. So when the bomb blast occured,GEJ was right to acknowledge that the MEND he knows could not have carried out the act because they had accepted the amnesty programme.
Unfortunately,IBB apologists on Nairaland,Sahara reporters and 234Next highjacked this statement and worked very hard to use it to sway public opinion online,they've succeeded. IBB failed woefully on facebook but has done quite well in other websites. Henry Okah's allegation on GEJs involvement and the prompt resort by so-called Northern leaders asking GEJ to resign is clearly a planned strategy.
As a legal practitioner,i would say that Okah has indirectly confessed to knowing about the crime, but lets see how it goes. However,Okah and most Nairalanders seem to have forgotten that the Nigerian government prompted Okah's arrest days before the bombing and were equally appalled when they got to know that SA authorities released him. How then will the same government want to co-opt the same Henry Okah into such a conspiracy days after the bombing In any case,this is Nigerian politics,lets see how it all plays out.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by AloyEmeka5: 12:06am On Oct 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

I mentioned marshal law because I cannot see how he gets resource control with the current national assembly. No southerner can get anything like resource control without restructuring Nigeria through marshal law. That is why he needs to be a strong leader.
Nigeria has MAJOR issues threatening its very existence. Elections are not even supposed to happen while those issues are swept under the carpet.
He needs to demonstrate the urgency of the situation and communicate that effectively to Nigerians and international community.
The last thing we want in Nigeria is a war.

You want to turn Jonathan into a dictator?. We are a democratic nation.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 06, 2010
publisher:

The problem in Southern Nigeria is 'too much' education with every Ade,Chike and Ochuko claiming intellectual superiority in their analysis. GEJs down fall will not be due to Northerners but by his fellow Southern compatriots.
From an objective point of view GEJ never goofed in any way as it relates to MEND's involvement. Most people on this fora have ignored the fact that Henry Okah is described as an EX-leader of MEND. The bulk of what used to be known as MEND negotiated with the late Yaradua and accepted the  amnesty offer. Henry Okah fell out with his former comrades in arms and proceeded on a self exile in South Africa. So when the bomb blast occured,GEJ was right to acknowledge that the MEND he knows could not have carried out the act because they had accepted the amnesty programme.
Unfortunately,IBB apologists on Nairaland,Sahara reporters and 234Next highjacked this statement and worked very hard to use it to sway public opinion online,they've succeeded. IBB failed woefully on facebook but has done quite well in other websites. Henry Okah's allegation on GEJs involvement and the prompt resort by so-called Northern leaders asking GEJ to resign is clearly a planned strategy.
As a legal practitioner,i would say that Okah has indirectly confessed to knowing about the crime, but lets see how it goes. However,Okah and most Nairalanders seem to have forgotten that the Nigerian government prompted Okah's arrest days before the bombing and were equally appalled when they got to know that SA authorities released him. How then will the same government want to co-opt the same Henry Okah into such a conspiracy days after the bombing In any case,this is Nigerian politics,lets see how it all plays out.

thank you jare!!!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 12:35am On Oct 06, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You want to turn Jonathan into a dictator?. We are a democratic nation.

A democratic nation that is about to disintegrate. undecided undecided

Have you ever heard the saying "no paddy for jungle?"

Only a stable and unified nation can practice democracy.

If he fails to act decisively, there may be no Nigeria before the end of next year.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 8:19am On Oct 06, 2010
I'm sure even the most ardent GEJ supporter would agree that his statement about MEND's innocence was premature to say the least, and provocative at best.
However, Adamu Ciroma doesn't own Nigeria. I hope equally proactive eastern Nigerian politicians like M.T Mbu, Mbazulike Amechi, and even Nwodo can respond and neutralize his rants.
Jonathan should also do well not to respond to every loony northerner Hausaman looking for attention.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by sarmy(m): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2010
publisher:

Thanks for that, I wonder why people are just so hard on GEJ.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by houvest: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2010
Somebody said that Okah got disgruntled at his lieutnants because of amnesty and went on self exile to South Africa. I pray thee where was he living before the amnesty? Even before his detention in Nigeria?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by debeginin(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2010
Ciroma and his so called northern elders are behind this bombin brohaha.They gv pdp 2 wks ultimatum to decide on zonin or face the consequences.Their threat was connected to an impendin coup involving Danbazzau(Danbanza),Sale Maina etal b4 they were dislodged.And now this bombing thingy,and unsurprisingly(to me),he's calling for GEJ resignation.My 10 fingers point to these men I swear.If they r men enuf let'em call for secession.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by ayo84(m): 10:18am On Oct 06, 2010
has anyone seen the video of the so called niger delta militants
:

those so called fighters in that video are not real niger delta militants
they are hired goons,who have collected an ex general's looted money,all in a bid to ferment trouble and cause commottion on nigeria and make it unstable and start claiming that goodluck cannot rule this country

please look at that video very well, some one is financing these boys and they arent real militants. The spokesman's '', and whatever, '' naunces imply that he is well educated, certainly not in the creeks. did you see the MEND emblem, brand new, someone has financed their uniforms, their brand new guns, everything. Like you said even the wooden structures are very well built, well paid for. Some one is financing these folks to cause havoc, someone very conniving, an evil genius with a lot of money to burn.

1. The place was a new place
2. The uniform they had were all new/fresh. The guns are most fresh, the looked too organized to be militants that we know that accepted the amnesty(thats if u realy saw the occassion), implying that they had been trained by someone somewhere for this purpose or even sth more to be seen later
3. The location was somewhere south; giving the palm trees and rivers
4. The spokesman cannot be a true militant cos he showed signs of : planning, maturity, education only very fear of such go all length to the creeks
5. The place is being built by a competent carpenter, there is no sign to show its done in a hurry a its a "make do"
6. The first time a lady would go to such a dangerous (assuming) in Nigeria given that most militants are womanizers, ill-behaved etc
7. He said the attacks are on just 48 hours before the Bomb blast at Abuja :signifying that some other group was on that mission and it will be linked to them based on this video "else how come the video just 48 hours to the event"

For goodness sake, who are these people trying to deceive
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by ayo84(m): 10:18am On Oct 06, 2010
it's so terrible , that people in this country,one evil genius

ONE MAN,AN EVIL GENIUS IS TRYING TO HOLD THS COUNTRY TO RANSOME

WE WOULD NOT ALLOW ONE MAN,AN EVEIL GENIUS AND OTHERS TO CREATE CHAOS
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by mrofficial(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2010
ayo84:

has anyone seen the video of the so called niger delta militants
:

those so called fighters in that video are not real niger delta militants
they are hired goons,who have collected an ex general's looted money,all in a bid to ferment trouble and cause commottion on nigeria and make it unstable and start claiming that goodluck cannot rule this country

please look at that video very well, some one is financing these boys and they arent real militants. The spokesman's '', and whatever, '' naunces imply that he is well educated, certainly not in the creeks. did you see the MEND emblem, brand new, someone has financed their uniforms, their brand new guns, everything. Like you said even the wooden structures are very well built, well paid for. Some one is financing these folks to cause havoc, someone very conniving, an evil genius with a lot of money to burn.

1. The place was a new place
2. The uniform they had were all new/fresh. The guns are most fresh, the looked too organized to be militants that we know that accepted the amnesty(thats if u realy saw the occassion), implying that they had been trained by someone somewhere for this purpose or even sth more to be seen later
3. The location was somewhere south; giving the palm trees and rivers
4. The spokesman cannot be a true militant cos he showed signs of : planning, maturity, education only very fear of such go all length to the creeks
5. The place is being built by a competent carpenter, there is no sign to show its done in a hurry a its a "make do"
6. The first time a lady would go to such a dangerous (assuming) in Nigeria given that most militants are womanizers, ill-behaved etc
7. He said the attacks are on just 48 hours before the Bomb blast at Abuja :signifying that some other group was on that mission and it will be linked to them based on this video "else how come the video just 48 hours to the event"

For goodness sake, who are these people trying to deceive

Of course yes, good or bad, you need money.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by akwarandu(m): 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2010
i have said it, these men want to set nigrian on fire and they all be consumed in jesus Amen.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by reindeer: 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2010
This post by the so called northern leaders may actually be the endgame of the bomb blast, they could predict very well GEJs ineptitude at handling this type of issue and also southern Nigeria's 'extreme intellectualism'' they knew very well this will work for them,presto! GEJ is out, sambo cant contest, IBB becomes president once again. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ondo State Election Update..... / Tanker Explodes In Benin On Boxing Day , 13 Vehicles Burnt / Police Inspector Feared Dead In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.