Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign (9293 Views)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 3:15am On Oct 09, 2010
Dede1:

Bros, Americans say “the past is prologue”. In addition, my grandfather told me not to forgive or forget the onlooker who did everything other than to commit suicide to cheer my opponent who had me in stranglehold. The political philosophy of “no permanent friends but permanent interests” can only hold true if there is iota of mutual understanding among the parties involved. In Nigeria, there is no mutual political understanding among the people and memories of favor are very short-lived.

I had rather swim with the northern Nigerians who had respected my ability to fight back than swim with the so-called neighbors (southern Nigerians) who would drown me at the urging of northern Nigerians.

Without sounding too Machiavilian about this, I would rather ride on the back of the north than waste energy swiminng with them just like they have ridden on our backs since 1970.

We were equal regional competitors with the Yorubas until Awo arrived on the scene with his 20 pounds strategy, then we lost to them economically and politically. It makes more sense to reverse the trend ASAP

For our small, but troublesome Ijaw cousins, it's better to treat them the way you take a misbehaving child inside the house, lock the door, and teach him the lesson of his life.

All in all, being emotional static at 1960s is not an option. I just like to get even, and not necessarily get mad.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by hinduism(f): 3:57am On Oct 09, 2010
Why are people worried and wasting their energy on that? IBB was called to resign for good 8 years he refuse and remain there,same GEJ will do,if they aboki's don't feel safe they should declear a civil war we are ready and waiting for them.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Vavavoom(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2010
There is a gathering cloud in Nigeria. It will bring harm to all of us if we are not careful. I write as a Niger delta woman, and am not sorry about it. We have been apologetic all our lives.

My grandfathers were made to feel inferior. My father had to beg for his rights. I do not plan to toe their line. I know my responsibilities and obligations to the entity called Nigeria, and I happen to know my rights within it as well. My Holy Grail in life is moral authority, fairness and equity. I expect nothing else from others. I believe I speak the mind of the majority.

This evil storm threatening Nigeria is a fall out of that recurring decimal June, 12. It is an unfinished business. It is something that will hunt Nigeria forever, except we take bold steps to correct the injustice in the land. . Where moral authority is sacrificed on the altar of expediency, then there is trouble. I have watched in horror and dismay the belligerence of Northern leaders towards Dr Good luck Jonathan. They have threatened war, hell and brimstone if they are not allowed to tie the progress of Nigeria, the well being of 150 million people to their big gowns if zoning is not effected.

I looked at the list of all the people threatening chaos for Nigeria if they do not get their way, I saw the name of Mallam Adamu Ciroma, a man who had been in government long before I was born and am pushing 50 years of age. In all those years, Mallam did not have the presence of mind to add quality to the lives of Nigerians. He was the governor of our Central bank at one time. He did not get that position because he was the most qualified for it. In fact, were we to be a Nation where merit counts, Mallam would not have been a mere executive officer in the Central bank, but he got that position anyway because of he was a Northerner. At this time, our fathers were made to keep quiet.

Then he became a minister of Finance, and still, he was appointed to that position because of his place of birth. Still, he did not add quality to the lives of Nigerians. H did not even do anything for his own people in the North. He did not have a clue as to the importance of that office. As far as Mallam and his fellow leeches are concerned, the position in public service is meant to enrich only a few. Mallam had been a major player in the affairs of Nigeria long before our independence in 1960, yet his home state cannot boast of 100 medical doctors. It is one of the most backward states in Nigeria by all standards. Yet he held the keys to the central ban of Nigeria and was Minister in about 3-4 administrations.

I am writing because I see the drama over zoning in Nigeria has become a sectional issue and the gloves are off. Much as we may not care about the man Jonathan Good Luck, we will line up behind him if these people continue to pile on him. I then saw the name of a once respected leader, Mallam Shettima Ali Munguno joining the fray, threaning the corporate existence of Nigeria if the North is not allowed to debase Nigeria for another 4 years. The saddest was from Balarabe Musa, a man who benefited from the good will of Southerners when his own people tore into him as governor of Kaduna state. Did I read of his support for IBB? I was aghast. It shows Nigeria is a nation of absolutely no morals. Who would have thought the day will come when people like Balarabe Musa will support IBB as president of Nigeria. Any how, we will put all their talk down as acts of verbal recklessness. If these people are living in the past, the rest of us are not. We know that violence is the first refuge of the incompetent and the shameless. They feel their threat will make Dr Jonathan recoil into his shell just as our fathers did in past years. Fortunately, those days are gone, those days when we were treated as second class citizens in Nigeria are gone. No one region has the patent to violence. Their threats portray them as lairs. After all violence can only be “conceived by lies and lies can only be maintained by violence” Nigeria has been a lie, and to maintain the status quo, these people feel they can effectively threaten violence.

I will like to ask these people talking down at Good luck Jonathan where they were when Umaru Yardua was comatose in Saudi Arabia and all the letters of our constitution were broken. I see their attitude towards Jonathan is one of patronizing him. Why did Shettima Ali Munguno not call for the impeachment of Yardua for running away to Saudi Arabia while Nigeria was left rudderless? Who could forget the irresponsible and senile threats issued by Lawal Kaita or whatever his name is over Yardua? Question is, does Nigeria belong to the North?

One thing these people forget is that they cannot make us stay in that entity called Nigeria. If they for one moment feel they can have a repeat of 1966, then I will say they are more deluded than we thought. It will not be a cake walk this time around. They have exhibited a weird sense of arrogance that is unacceptable to the rest of Nigeria. Not one of this people whimpered about the sanctity of the constitution of Nigeria while Turai Yardua was ruling by proxy. The reasonable ones amongst them like El Rufai who spoke up was demonized and now they threaten Goodluck.

We see they have upped the ante. They want to impeach the man. We wish them luck. I will not be surprised if they get their people in the 2 houses to carry out that act of suicide. They may be able to get some of our people in the south to join them in committing hara-kiri. But after that, then what? The loot they covet, I assure, will elude them. The love of power operating through greed and personal ambition will fail. Before these clowns lose their minds and plunge Nigeria into chaos, I hope they will pause and have a critical rethink.

Who in his right mind will support any of the people the North has presented. As it is, the only decent person amongst the presidential candidates will be Mallam Ribadu. Yet he is not threatening the corporate existence of Nigeria. The Apostles of do or die Northern domination are rapacious thieves. Their management skills resemble that of Al Capone. If they are all the North has to present, I fear for the future of that geographic region. In the 50 years of our independence, their sons have held sway over Nigeria for 38 years, yet the North has nothing to show for it. They have the largest number of illiterates in the country. They have millions of Almajiris. Children whose parents are held down by their own people to be raped and debased. So much so that their children have no hope for the future. They have the highest and largest number of illiterate women. They have the worst cases of VVFs. They have not been able to provide water and basic amenities of life for their own people. Yet these same people have the moral shamelessness to send their own children to the best schools abroad. They run out of the country for common cold and dislocated foot, (read Abubakar Atiku), they have properties in Potomac, Maryland where the least property come for US$ 10 million and they pay cash for it. They buy private jets, and have 300 million naira wedding to a fourth wife who is also a juvenile. Yet their children study under trees, they have no water and are killed in hundreds by cholera. They convince their people not to immunize their children while their own wives live abroad with their babies for the first year of the babies’ lives for proper immunization. They are not able to graduate enough doctors after 50 years of looting the country and so they fall back on unlicensed and uneducated Egyptian doctors. It was babangida who closed universities in Nigeria for one year while his own children were in schools in Switzerland,
read full story from the hyperlink

http://www.saharareporters.com/article/gathering-cloud-nigeria
9ja on the brink.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2010
naijaking1:

Without sounding too Machiavilian about this, I would rather ride on the back of the north than waste energy swiminng with them just like they have ridden on our backs since 1970.

We were equal regional competitors with the Yorubas until Awo arrived on the scene with his 20 pounds strategy, then we lost to them economically and politically. It makes more sense to reverse the trend ASAP

For our small, but troublesome Ijaw cousins, it's better to treat them the way you take a misbehaving child inside the house, lock the door, and teach him the lesson of his life.

All in all, being emotional static at 1960s is not an option. I just like to get even, and not necessarily get mad.

Bros, I like your point of view. And I beg to agree to disagree. If there should be any war in Nigeria today, the muzzle of my gun shall not point north. Northern region of Nigeria is not a focal point and shall never be the sole part of the amalgam of my political philosophy. It was the mouse in the house that told the mice in the bush that dried fish is hidden in the basket. I shall never commit the same blunders allowed by the Igbo generations before me.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by T9ksy(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2010
Posted by: Dede1
Bros, I like your point of view. And I beg to agree to disagree. If there should be any war in Nigeria today, the muzzle of my gun shall not point north. Northern region of Nigeria is not a focal point and shall never be the sole part of the amalgam of my political philosophy. It was the mouse in the house that told the mice in the bush that dried fish is hidden in the basket. I shall never commit the same blunders allowed by the Igbo generations before me.

Am curious! So where exactly will the muzzle of ur gun point to? and why if i may add?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2010
T9ksy:

Am curious! So where exactly will the muzzle of your gun point to? and why if i may add?

If you have been reading Dede1's posts on these forums, you would have known that he will point his gun westwards. grin
I guess, going by the posts of certain Igbo sons such as OnlyTruth, EzeUche, and Dede1, there are cowards in the west and as such, the West will be an easier conquest. Or perhaps its just plain fear of the North.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by T9ksy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2010
Posted by: Katsumoto
If you have been reading Dede1's posts on these forums, you would have known that he will point his gun westwards.
I guess, going by the posts of certain Igbo sons such as OnlyTruth, EzeUche, and Dede1, there are cowards in the west and as such, the West will be an easier conquest. Or perhaps its just plain fear of the North

No problem! Thought as much. Oh well, he and his ilk are free to point their guns whereever they deem fit.
There has always been all this talk about yoruba cowards. Oh well, maybe its time they realised that the OYO EMPIRE was not built on
"shakara", empty-boast alone.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2010
T9ksy:

Am curious! So where exactly will the muzzle of your gun point to? and why if i may add?

Pal, your curiosity is well understood. The muzzle of my gun could point to East, West or even Atlantic but certainly not the North.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
Katsumoto:

If you have been reading Dede1's posts on these forums, you would have known that he will point his gun westwards. grin
I guess, going by the posts of certain Igbo sons such as OnlyTruth, EzeUche, and Dede1, there are cowards in the west and as such, the West will be an easier conquest. Or perhaps its just plain fear of the North.

Nice try pal but uncertainty is the hallmark of a war.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by T9ksy(m): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2010
Pal, your curiosity is well understood. The muzzle of my gun could point to East, West or even Atlantic but certainly not the North.

Oh well, a word of advice matey. Don't point ur gun westward as u'll get ur arse kicked, AGAIN!!!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2010
T9ksy:

Posted by: Katsumoto
No problem! Thought as much. Oh well, he and his ilk are free to point their guns whereever they deem fit.
There has always been all this talk about yoruba cowards. Oh well, maybe its time they realised that the OYO EMPIRE was not built on
"shakara", empty-boast alone.

There is a big different between battles fought with sticks and ropes by village empires such as Oyo and modern warfare that includes AK-47.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2010
T9ksy:

Oh well, a word of advice matey. Don't point your gun westward as u'll get your arse kicked, AGAIN!!!

Were you drunk when you wrote the post? I do not think it could have been a contest if the civil war was between regions instead of three and half regions against half a region. grin grin
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2010
Dede1:

There is a big different between battles fought with sticks and ropes by village empires such as Oyo and modern warfare that includes AK-47.   

You mean one of the most organised fighting forces in Africa; one of the few that utilised a cavalry.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by T9ksy(m): 10:49pm On Oct 09, 2010

Whatever! Either way, u 'll still get ur arse kicked if u so much as try to invade yorubaland, AGAIN!!!

Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by nduchucks: 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2010
Dede1:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by T9ksy(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2010
@ Dede1 & Ndu_chuks,

village empires? only a neophyte of political history will refer to Oyo empire as such.
Anyway, na which empire ur forefathers founded with their intestinal fortitude & AK-47?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jason12345: 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2010
Dede1:

its like you guys don't know what happen during the war. Igbos tried to invade yoruba land and you got your asre kicked!!!.
I am not a tribalist but people like dede1 and co are changing me.
SINCE THEY LOST THE WAR, THEY BLAME YORUBAS AND IJAWS FOR THEIR MISFORTUNE.YET THEY REFUSE TO BLAME OJUKWU FOR REFUSING TO PREPARE THEM. I WONDER HOW THEY THINK!!!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2010
jason12345:

its like you guys don't know what happen during the war. Igbos tried to invade yoruba land and you got your asre kicked!!!.
I am not a tribalist but people like dede1 and co are changing me.
SINCE THEY LOST THE WAR, THEY BLAME YORUBAS AND IJAWS FOR THEIR MISFORTUNE.YET THEY REFUSE TO BLAME OJUKWU FOR REFUSING TO PREPARE THEM. I WONDER HOW THEY THINK!!!
For the Ijaws:
Why wouldn't the failed Biafra blame its own members, who suggested the name, provided initial support, and then suddenly backed out on a retarded excuse that "we were disrespected by Ojukwu"
For the Yorubas:
Have you ever heard about the plan for Oduduwa nation? What happened after Biafra nation was declared

It seems that you need to go brush up on your history angry
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2010
naijaking1:

For the Ijaws:
Why wouldn't the failed Biafra blame its own members, who suggested the name, provided initial support, and then suddenly backed out on a retarded excuse that "we were disrespected by Ojukwu"
For the Yorubas:
Have you ever heard about the plan for Oduduwa nation? What happened after Biafra nation was declared

Same "retarded" excuse that the S.E states used to backed out on supporting Jonathan because they were disrespected by Patience?

Every excuse is valid.

@post
The fact that we can still say "Norther political leaders, SWestern political leaders, SEastern political leaders or SSouthern political leaders" shows how united Nigeria is.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Same "retarded" excuse that the S.E states used to backed out on supporting Jonathan because they were disrespected by Patience?

Every excuse is valid.

What planet are you coming from?
SE can never back out of supporting someone with a name like Ebele for someone like Ibrahim for whatever reason. Don't be fooled by paid newspaper reports, and selfish politicians.
Patience will be delt with at the appropriate time by Igbo women. Okirirka women never dominated Igbo women, never.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2010
naijaking1:

SE can never back out supporting someone with a name like Ebele for someone like Ibrahim for whatever reason. Don't be fooled by paid newspaper reports, and selfish politicians.
Patience will be delt with at the appropriate time by Igbo women. Okirirka women never dominated Igbo women, never.

Obviously you dont know the SE and your brothers on NL lmao!

Dealt with? LOL! Village-market women style or politically?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2010
^^
Yes some SE brothers are not in support of GEJ, but so are some SS brothers too.
It's not market women ploitics, it's real. The average Igbo person would rather vote for GEJ than IBB.
And, who are you to lecture me about Igbo politics
Too much time on N/L, I guess shocked
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2010
naijaking1:

^^
Yes some SE brothers are not in support of GEJ, but so are some SS brothers too.
It's not market women ploitics, it's real. The average Igbo person would rather vote for GEJ than IBB.
And, who are you to lecture me about Igbo politics
Too much time on N/L, I guess shocked

Most of them [b]after [/b]the Abuja-Igbo summit meeting escapade.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jason12345: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Every excuse is valid.

@post
The fact that we can still say "Norther political leaders, SWestern political leaders, SEastern political leaders or SSouthern political leaders" shows how united Nigeria is.
ileke-idi. don't mind him!!! HE STILL DIDN'T EXPLAIN THE INVASION OF THE YORUBA LAND!!!.
naijaking1:

SE can never back out of supporting someone with a name like Ebele for someone like Ibrahim for whatever reason. Don't be fooled by paid newspaper reports, and selfish politicians.
WHY DO YOU LIKE THIS "DOMINATION" TALK. I BELIEVE THE IJAWS DID NOT JOIN BIAFRA BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY WOULD NOT BE SEEN AS EQUALS. WHY DO YOU LIKE THINK YOU ARE SMART AND BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE.. Its only direccted to the igbos that feel superior not my other igbo brothers. smiley
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2010
naijaking1:

For the Ijaws:
For the Yorubas:

What was the plan for Oduduwa nation? Please do tell. I am not interested in what you were told by someone; just state hard facts.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Abagworo(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
I am Igbo and I will not vote based on ethnicity.I believe in honoring agreements.If Jonathan comes out under PDP I will never vote him even as the best candidate because any man who goes against an agreement even if unwritten is irresponsible and dangerous.Just like he dishonored his party's agreement so will he disappoint Nigerians in his promise of good governance.I will vote him under another party.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2010
Abagworo:

I am Igbo and I will not vote based on ethnicity.I believe in honoring agreements.If Jonathan comes out under PDP I will never vote him even as the best candidate because any man who goes against an agreement even if unwritten is irresponsible and dangerous.Just like he dishonored his party's agreement so will he disappoint Nigerians in his promise of good governance.I will vote him under another party.

Smart idea.

naijaking1, take note.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jason12345: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2010
Katsumoto:

What was the plan for Oduduwa nation? Please do tell. I am not interested in what you were told by someone; just state hard facts.
Thank you my brother, he wouldn't answer. all he knows is to blame others. I am sorry if this is disrespectful my Igbo brothers. but my close Igbo friend once told me that "I hope greed will not kill my igbo brothers" the truth still remains that ojukwu would PROBABLY turn other groups in the biafra nation minorities and oppress them. Moreover, they are only voting for ibb because they want presidency 2015 not because of development cry, as if we are not going to vote when 2015 comes!!!.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jason12345: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2010
Abagworo:

Thank you, that's the smartest reply i have seen in a long time.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2010
@jason12345 and T9ksy

I thought Biafra fought Nigeria not Yoruba land. Well if few folks on the nairaland are tempting Biafrans with silly talks such as “arse kicking” and “try to invade Yoruba land again”, I say it still will not amount to a contest if the conflict was exclusively between Western region and Eastern region or even between Northern region and Eastern region for that matter.

Biafra was capable of defeating Western region as well Northern region all of Nigeria on one-on-one combat.  grin  grin These statements are not spurred by the unfounded sentiments or silly aggrandizement but experience.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2010
Dede1:

@jason12345 and T9ksy

I thought Biafra fought Nigeria not Yoruba land. Well if few folks on the nairaland are tempting Biafrans with silly talks such “arse kicking” and “try to invade Yoruba land again”, I say it still will not amount to a contest if the conflict was exclusively between Western region and Eastern region or even between Northern region and Eastern region for that matter.

Biafra was capable of defeating Western region as well Northern region all of Nigeria on one-on-one combat. grin grin These statements are not spurred by the unfounded sentiments or silly aggrandizement but experience.

What experience are you talking about? The only organised war effort by Ndigbo was Biafra and it lost that. On the otherhand, the Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani have years of successful military campaigns. So I am curious as to what you mean by experience. Chest beating and empty boasts on the Internet do not and can not win wars. And for your information, there are several precedents of the small guy beating the big guy in conflict, so your 2 against 1 excuse is pathetic.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jason12345: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2010
Dede1:

@jason12345 and T9ksy

I thought Biafra fought Nigeria not Yoruba land. Well if few folks on the nairaland are tempting Biafrans with silly talks such “arse kicking” and “try to invade Yoruba land again”, I say it still will not amount to a contest if the conflict was exclusively between Western region and Eastern region or even between Northern region and Eastern region for that matter.

Biafra was capable of defeating Western region as well Northern region all of Nigeria on one-on-one combat.  grin  grin These statements are not spurred by the unfounded sentiments or silly aggrandizement but experience.

grin grin cheesy. below "you means ojukwu"
The bold statement above is one of the daftest comment i have ever seen. You fought the North, they were winning, you decided to come Westward, we blocked you and you said that was unfair. you decided you wanted more territory and oil, the ijaws said No.

To conclude, i change my mind. I hope Nigeria does not split into North and South but North, West, East and South. Its greed that would destroy "Southern Nigeria".
I just hope you wouldn't cause if you do try to invade, you know the rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Both Home And Abroad So Unpatriotic / Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan / Attention Seun And Whoever It May Concern.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.