Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign (9289 Views)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by soldee: 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
aderico:

The only way we can move forward in this country is when we put our religious,cultural and ethnic differences aside to achieve economic and political growth. Let work together to put the right people there in respective of where he/she is from.Nigeria is greater dan an individual or group of people.

I was initially against zoning, but seeing as Nigeria is unrepentantly a tribal society, it is now very obviously IMPOSSIBLE to have an ISSUES BASED CAMPAIGN when you have candidates from different regions! Nigerians are just not that sophisticated yet. We will line up behind our tribesman when push comes to shove.

So pls, lets zone this race to anywhere, Igbo, ND, in fact, 'zone' it to high heavens. Once all the players are from the same area, we can all switch off from 'kunta kinte' mode and actually ask the players what they're bringing to the table. It is annoying when those who want to scuttle the peace are obviously playing up the tribal card KNOWING FULLY WELL that the entire country would go up in flames because of it, AND WE ARE ALL FALLING FOR IT - JUST READ NAIRALAND!!!

Better yet, lets make the state people were born in their compulsory State of Origin, then it will be a level playing field and Emeka can come from Katsina, Ibrahim can come from bayelsa, Ekaette an be from Kwara, Folorunsho can be from maiduguri, Bulus can be from Lagos. then lets VOTE
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by beejaay: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2010
GEJ was ryt to exonorate mend.firstly i could remember when the amnesty stuff was going on, the fg gave them an ultimatum, and that whosoever doesnt take the deal after the time will tagged terorist. so technically if gej should call the bombers terrorist and exonorate mend, he is right.
secondly the supposedly mail received from mend could av been a mail impersonation. in the world of IT i dont your password to send email that will bear ur username, anybody can do that. that is why you get all manners of emails from fraudstar thinking they are from gtbank,fg, or powerful corperation.the mail myt av been check and seen to be fake by the scurity and the findings relay to the president.mend is a faceless org but the members are known by the govt.
its just silly when read people comments and they display their stupidity.they sounds as if they type with their ass cos they forget their brain in their toilet.you guys shdnt come here to display ur insanity, learn how to read between the lines and endevour to think twice before hitting send button
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naso2(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2010
For the first time in along while I think I agree with onlytruth, the signs are really Ominous.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by IykeD1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2010

Listen, it’s because MEND still garner international sympathy that’s why the Nigerian government is still soft on them. Let them kill more civilians and be branded a terrorist group and let’s see what happens then. Odi is a typical example of what you get from Nigerian forces, you know that.

International sympathy? What planet have you been on? MEND was bringing Nigeria to its knees, hence the government had to
negotiate. It wasn't for lack of trying to get rid of them. Simply put, Bokko Harram was just a bunch of misled people with no real
cause other than the slaughter of innocent lives in the name of Jihad.  MEND on the other hand had a cause - they wanted a say
in how the oil wealth that is coming from their backyard was being shared, not to say the group haven't at times committed some condemnable acts. How much was Bokko  Harram costing Nigeria daily vs MEND prior to the amnesty?

Back to Jonathan and his statement. It was clear the government had some intelligence prior to the bombing about some people
that is affiliated with Okah who may be plotting to set off bombs.  This was why Okah's home was first raided and he was later arrested.  Once the bombs went off and the recognized leaders of MEND says they had no involvment, what is so wrong then with Jonathan's statement that some people are trying to create mayhem in the name of MEND?  

Politically, it was a strong move for the leaders of MEND to meet with Jonathan in Abuja to condemn the acts.  Think about it, if you were a MEND leader and you just gave the order to set off explosives that resulted in the deaths or injuries of dozens and you know full well that the Federal Government is hunting for you, will you be meeting with the President so soon? Will you be any where close to Abuja?

As for these tired clowns calling themselves "Northern political leaders", they need to go hide somewhere in the bush. They have
lost their relevance in the scheme of things and need to deal with that.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by seanet02: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2010
This is pure nonsense from the Northern Leaders!!!!!
How on earth can they now said Jonathan should Resigned, when IBB canceled 93 election just because of his selfish want, they turn their eyes the other way, it took the Holy Grace of God before he could " stepped aside" when Abacha was behaving like a Gangster they did nothing, again it took almighty APPLES before he went on eternal holiday under lithosphere. They should just try to reduce the number of ALMAJIRIS over there.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Cmiller(m): 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2010
u guyz ar not SERIOUS,
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by seanet02: 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2010
Cmiller:

u guyz ar not SERIOUS,
ROTFLAMAO
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by invisible2(m): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
This country still have issues with ethno-religious politcs. The day we grow above this 'my brother can do no wrong' mentality, then we have hit the freeway to a prosperous country.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Biggoozz: 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
has anyone seen the video of the so called niger delta militants
:

those so called fighters in that video are not real niger delta militants
they are hired goons,who have collected an ex general's looted money,all in a bid to ferment trouble and cause commottion on nigeria and make it unstable and start claiming that goodluck cannot rule this country

please look at that video very well, some one is financing these boys and they arent real militants. The spokesman's '', and whatever, '' naunces imply that he is well educated, certainly not in the creeks. did you see the MEND emblem, brand new, someone has financed their uniforms, their brand new guns, everything. Like you said even the wooden structures are very well built, well paid for. Some one is financing these folks to cause havoc, someone very conniving, an evil genius with a lot of money to burn.

1. The place was a new place
2. The uniform they had were all new/fresh. The guns are most fresh, the looked too organized to be militants that we know that accepted the amnesty(thats if u realy saw the occassion), implying that they had been trained by someone somewhere for this purpose or even sth more to be seen later
3. The location was somewhere south; giving the palm trees and rivers
4. The spokesman cannot be a true militant  cos he showed signs of : planning, maturity, education only very fear of such go all length to the creeks
5. The place is being built by a competent carpenter, there is no sign to show its done in a hurry a its a "make do"
6. The first time a lady would go to such a dangerous (assuming) in Nigeria given that most militants are womanizers, ill-behaved etc
7. He said the attacks are on just 48 hours before the Bomb blast at Abuja :signifying that some other group was on that mission and it will be linked to them based on this video "else how come the video just 48 hours to the event"

For goodness sake, who are these people trying to deceive

This guy is the smartest guy that has figured out the puzzle mischievously crafted bu IBB and his Adamu Ciroma cabal. NUFF SAID!!!!

Why are Nigerians so blind to see even after the Point Blank News report on the hatched plans of the wicked cabal  NIGERIANS READ THE HAND WRITING ON THE WALL AND WAKE UPPPPPPP!!!!!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nnaboys: 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2010
They are saying what is supposed to be. GEJ should listen to them.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nnaboys: 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2010
seanet02:

This is pure nonsense from the Northern Leaders!!!!!
How on earth can they now said Jonathan should Resigned, when IBB canceled 93 election just because of his selfish want, they turn their eyes the other way, it took the Holy Grace of God before he could " stepped aside" when Abacha was behaving like a Gangster they did nothing, again it took almighty APPLES before he went on eternal holiday under lithosphere. They should just try to reduce the number of ALMAJIRIS over there.
I think you should shut up if you don't know what to say. They are correct.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jude33084(m): 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2010
@obiagu: i knw dat d Gej was 2 hasty 4 dat conclussn, 2 premateur but i dont believe dat it was mend dat did dat bombing. It could be some militant working 4 God knws who. Why i my saying dis, mend has almost gotten what they want,, their man in power. I hav spent most of my yrs in and arround d creek.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by seanet02: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
Nna boys:

I think you should shut up if you don't know what to say. They are correct.
look at this one, INEPT REASONING, better find a sponge to clean your assssss###
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naso2(m): 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
I saw this somewhere and liked it.

Plan (A) use your media house and scream that your life is in danger
Plan (B) Cause the Igbos (SE because most of them can readily sell their mothers) to be against Jonathan by (1) either blowing up their meeting venue or (2) at worst having them locked out
Plan (C) Use renegades of MEND to blow up important landmarks in Abuja and then cry out as the victim as soon as the investigation points to your direction
Plan (D) Capitalise on this and call for the Presidents resignation or impeachment
Plan (D) Use the religious angle by causing a bought over Christian to burn the Koran or vandalise the Mosque, possibly an Igbo or Niger Deltan
The polity must have heated up by now and finally Plan (E) Fellow Nigerians , and all the blah blah blah.
Well Gusau, IBB, Atiku, Ciroma and the hangers on, you guy are in for a big surprise.

Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
I'm still waiting to hear somebody attack Ciroma for behaving as if we're just his slaves in this plantation called Nigeria.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by seyibrown(f): 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2010
invisible!:

This country still have issues with ethno-religious politcs. The day we grow above this 'my brother can do no wrong' mentality, then we have hit the freeway to a prosperous country.

I agree.

Our 'brothers' have stabbed us in the back for so looooooooooooooong it's difficult to know who to trust! The people who brought this country to its knees and continue to keep us captive are are all related to us! People who have Nigeria's good at heart rarely get elected into postions of authority!

Everyone bent on keeping Nigeria in captivity will go into physical and spiritual captivity in Jesus name! They will see our liberation with their own eyes but not enjoy any of it! Amen!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by njays: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2010
I Would say that it is quite unfortunate what happened.I am sure that if he were a muslim,there would not have been so much noise for him to resign. This has clearly shown our level tolerance for one another.
In as much as i do not have that much confidence on GEJ,i feel we should still give him a chance. He doesn't have to belong to the ''powerful political class'' before he can be qualified to lead. Obama was just a chicago senator,he wasn't in any powerful click. Nigeria is not anybody's family inheritance,nor is it the birthright of those polititians who want to have it at all cost. The muslims can't stand the xtian,the xtian,ibos can't stand the hausas, ,why so much intolerance? Should we now adopt the style of the people of kosovo,who recently elected five presidents to represent the five or more ethnic and religious groups in order for peace to reign? I wish NIGERIA well!!!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by mercy307(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2010
On ground of non-performance or what?. Was it Jonathan that planted the bomb? Have we not experienced similar casualties and embarrassments during the tenure of our previous leaders? Only God knows who sponsored the bomb blast. Anyway, nothing shall remain secret forever. Ride on GEJ. Most Nigerians love you
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
na_so:

For the first time in along while I think I agree with onlytruth, the signs are really Ominous.

Nigerians don't even see that we may be headed for a civil war. If we can have a peaceful disintegration, I won't mind. cool

My fear is that the situation is shaping up like 1966. In that year, Ironsi made a TERRIBLE MISTAKE. He failed to be a strong leader. He kept playing gentleman's games while the north was busy planning and issuing threats. The north don't make empty threats.

Jonathan has started well by putting the command of the most strategic security positions in the hands of southerners. Good.  cool

That is really good. The bomb attack and the rancorous and unresolved issues of resource control and zoning are tearing at the seams of the nation. If no bold action is taken, we will have a war, or a coup. He should continue in his current path, but should accelerate action by restructuring the military more to deny the north any chance of a coup, basically to secure himself and his presidency. Then, the next step should be to declare marshal law and sack both chambers of congress.  cool

From there, he can call a national conference where issues like resource control and true federalism will be discussed and enshrined in a new constitution. Only after our new constitution kicks in should he hand over to whoever wins the next election.

What we have now in Nigeria is a seriously rotten and dysfunctional state and system of government. Someone needs to clean it up and put Nigeria on a solid footing. Jonathan should rise to the occasion and do it, else someone will kick him out with a promise to do something similar, only that the person may not do it!

So, time is of essence. These northerners will fight to keep their advantage in Nigeria, even if that advantage is unfair to other Nigerians.

We need Jonathan to answer the call of history.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by bombay: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
If for any reason something happens to GEJ or a Northerner becomes president then the prediction of the US will come to pass because that is when nigerians will know what terrorism is all about.
It will be North Vs South and it will be bloody.
Am sorry for you people that is supporting a criminal called IBB.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by akanben(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
Isn't it possible that a mole in the house could stage manage this whole bomb thing? Why is it that this old eggs can predict and manage our thought process as Nigerian youth. They tell us what they want  us to believe, youths are gullible. Our education is sick. We study to come out with a 2.1 not to be articulate! Gbomo Jomo does not exist. Wake up and think!
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
bombay:

If for any reason something happens to GEJ or a Northerner becomes president then the prediction of the US will come to pass because that is when nigerians will know what terrorism is all about.
[b]It will be North Vs South [/b]and it will be bloody.
Am sorry for you people that is supporting a criminal called IBB.

I don't think there will ever be a north vs south war in Nigeria. Let's not get carried away.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Faeb: 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2010
People keep saying GEJ spoke too quickly. . . They are making a big mistake. Lets take a deeper look at GEJ's (and Nigeria's) enemies and find out what their methods are.

GEJ's enemies are the the puppeteers that control the cabal and their modus operandi involves stoking and manipulating fears based religious extremism, tribalism and violence.
Two legs of this evil tripod were employed on Independence day. Violence, as in the bomb blast and the resulting deaths and tribalism as in getting Niger Delta hands involved in order to point fingers at the President who happens to be from the Niger Delta.

Jonathans counter was twofold; to condole with the dead to calm the effects of the violence (expected), and to shift the event from the tribal angle of its planners to outright terrorism. Jonathans second action was particularly effective, in that the planners could not launch their next action with any effect. Their next action was to be a wholly tribalistic one, in which Jonathan would have been accused of not having control or support of the Niger Delta. That has failed and the terrorists are now clutching wildly at straws as the roof comes down around their ears; they are now talking desperately of impeachment (any such ridiculous move will fail woefully).

GEJ has not made any error of judgement rather, what he has done is severely blunt a vicious attack mechanism, whilst strengthening his own hand of cards. It is a patient and painstaking job, but the cabal will be defeated in the coming showdown.

Need to know more? Here are some titbits;

[size=14pt]Jonathan's Presidency: Northern Elements plan Gridlock, Mayhem, may use Boko Haram[/size]
…Military Coup on the table
…How Security Report stopped Jonathan's American Trip
…Fifth Columnists under Security Watch

A crisis of huge magnitude capable of thwarting Nigeria’s democratic process is currently being planned by some Northern elements following the declaration of President Goodluck Jonathan to contest the 2011 Presidential elections.

It was learnt that the characters behind the plot have at various nocturnal meetings vowed to ensure gridlock, and mayhem if President Jonathan gets the ticket.

Highly placed sources told pointblanknews.com that the plot is in three phases: challenge the PDP’s decision to accept President Jonathan’s candidacy in court, cause religious riots and killings of Southerners in the North and then create a state of emergency in the country and a consequent military putsch.

Spearheading the plot that has on the table, a possible event that could lead to the ‘suspension of the constitution’, are Former Central Bank Governor and Ex- Minister for Finance, Adamu Ciroma, Ex Internal Affairs minister and former Senate President, Iyorchia Ayu, PDP chieftain, Yakassai; former deputy National chairman of the defunct National Party Of Nigeria (NPN), Shetima Ali Munguno;, Senator Kanti Bello, Ex National Democratic Party chairman, and IBB campaign coordinator, Hassan Mohammed Jalo; PDP chieftain, Lawal Kaita, Bello Kirfi, Second republic Ambassador to Switzerland, Yahaya Kwande, and Special assistant to for Vice President, Abubakar Atiku, Ex Chief of Army, General Abdulrahman Dambazzau, and scribe Northern consultative Forum (NCF), Bashir Yusuf Ibrahim while General Office Commanding (GOC), 3 rd Armored Division, in Jos, General Saleh Maina, is said to have been briefed.

Pointblanknews.com also learnt that the extremists in the North are expected to co-opt some influential and desperate politicians from other zones in the sinister game plan.

In line with the script, some of the arrowheads have agreed to start sending signals through the media, of a possible pogrom that would make the Rwandan genocide, a child’s play. They also want to recreate pockets of massacre in the north that led to the civil war. They intend to mobilize ethnic militia like the Boko Haram, to launch all out genocide on southerners in the north, with an anticipated reprisal attacks in the south.

Full story here http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3912.html
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Faeb: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2010
@OnlyTruth
There will be no coup, except its an inhouse event. Neither will there be war.
All the strategic arms of the army have been placed in the hands of Southerners. The greatest example is JTF, which is comprised of air, ground and naval forces, it is by far Nigeria's most powerful and capable army unit; it is headed by a Southerner. The only strategic unit headed by a Fulani or Hausa man in the south is Enugu (Sarkin Yakin Bello), but the JTF can cut him off through the South South and Niger Bridge.
In the converse, there are Southern generals in the most strategic parts of the North and Lagos.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by opribo(m): 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2010
GEJ must contest if heaven wants to fall let it fall, it will fall on all of us. Na wetin sef. Who the hell are these people to decide who will rule Naija or who will not. Infact as they are planning to slaughter southerners in the north let us ensure non escapes alive from the south. Bullshit na who be fool sef na dem. Southerners sharpen you knives and get ready for the war that is coming.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by opribo(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2010
Who made these people lord and master in Naija. GEJ must contest if heaven wants to fall down let it fall it will fall on all of us
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2010
opribo:

[size=13pt]Who made these people lord and master in Naija.[/size] GEJ must contest if heaven wants to fall down let it fall it will fall on all of us

Good question! And the answer is --- the many Nigerians out there and on Nairaland who continue to think much of these old men.

It is sort of like John Stewart calling for the resignation of any governor/government. The only reason you would hear much of it is if a lot of people out there counted his opinion for much. Not that I don't like John Stewart, I do -- I watch his show every night but I know his opinion on issues, is really just that and should remain that, his opinion. Now, I do hope to be at the rally to keep fear alive on october 30th though. lol
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by sessy2(f): 9:42pm On Oct 06, 2010
They are toothless dogs. how many times was ciroma a minister and what can he point to as achievement in his village nt to talk of Nigeria? to understand this thieves who call themselves Northern leaders read d book titled d great debate by Dr bala Usman and Prof. yusuf Bangura, d militants are currently fightin for their rights in Niger Delta it will soon be d turn of d almajaris who have been for decades imporverished by d likes of ciroma and tahir then they'll knw dat no group of pipo can perminately oppress anoda group of pipo forever.as for d threat of impeachment i guess they have taken too much burantashi. tongue
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by rasputinn(m): 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ OP,

How dare you post a useless resolution by an insignificant group called [size=16pt]NORTHERN CATTLE REARERS FORUM[/size]
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Kilode1: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
American Intelligence: How do you solve a Problem Like Nigeria?

Arm the Boko-Haram infested North and risk creating another Afghanistan in the middle of Africa? (Another 60 million death to America crowd!!)

OR

Arm the Oil-creek Punks and risk losing badly needed cheap Oil supply when they turn the weapons and training on our Oil firms?

How do you solve a problem like Nigeria?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
Northern Political Leaders  grin your plans will not work they are the terrorist that plant hat bomb grin grin grin grin grin, i saw it coming ibbbbbb you sucks, those Northern Political Leaders  should go grab some cow and get a nomatic life moving, is time for change, or be better divide the country just as what sudan is planning to  in a peacefull manner not be force to be togther when is not favouring everybody, the early the better the problems is coming soon angry
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by rasputinn(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2010
BTW
If the heavens will fall,let it fall,GEJ is contesting.Gone are the days the South South sat back and got used and dumped by those scheming normads from the north

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Everyone In This Pic Including Those At The Background Are All Dead / EFCC Narrows N10bn Fraud Probe To 10 PDP Items’ Spending / Why Secondus May Not Return To His Position As PDP National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.