Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign (9287 Views)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2010
"Invade"? LOL!
Okay oh.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2010
Katsumoto:

What was the plan for Oduduwa nation? Please do tell. I am not interested in what you were told by someone; just state hard facts.

Honestly, all I have on Oduduwa nation is from information about the war. It was said, Awolowo had agreed to declare Oduduwa republic once Biafra goes. Of course, this may not be 100% true
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jason12345: 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2010
naijaking1:

Honestly, all I have on Oduduwa nation is from information about the war. It was said, Awolowo had agreed to declare Oduduwa republic once Biafra goes. Of course, this may not be 100% true
Thank you for begin honest. It may be a story just made up to discredit the Yorubas. sad
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2010
naijaking1:

Thanks for your honesty. Awo said nothing of that nature. What Awo said was, 'if Eastern Region was allowed to secede, Western Region would also secede'. He made this statement to the Western regional government at Ibadan in May 67 I think. It is this statement that has been twisted by those who do not have a grasp on grammar.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2010
Katsumoto:

Thanks for your honesty. Awo said nothing of that nature. What Awo said was, 'if Eastern Region was [size=18pt]allowed[/size] to secede, Western Region would also secede'. He made this statement to the Western regional government at Ibadan in May 67 I think. It is this statement that has been twisted by those who do not have a grasp on grammar.

Wow, what a difference in meaning.
It will be nice to hear from others about this.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Dede1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2010
jason12345:

grin grin cheesy. below "you means ojukwu"
The bold statement above is one of the daftest comment i have ever seen. You fought the North, they were winning, you decided to come Westward, we blocked you and you said that was unfair. you decided you wanted more territory and oil, the ijaws said No.

To conclude, i change my mind. I hope Nigeria does not split into North and South but North, West, East and South. Its greed that would destroy "Southern Nigeria".
I just hope you wouldn't cause if you do try to invade, you know the rest.

It is unfortunate you have a post bereaved of any deductive reasons to your handle’s name. Even a drunken camel driver from Northern region of Nigeria could not have insinuated the civil war was between northern and eastern regions.

As for your goofy scenario of 1 defeating 2 in your previous post, I would love for you to cite an example.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by AndreUweh(m): 1:04am On Oct 11, 2010
Katsumoto:

What experience are you talking about? The only organised war effort by Ndigbo was Biafra and it lost that. On the otherhand, the Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani have years of successful military campaigns. So I am curious as to what you mean by experience. Chest beating and empty boasts on the Internet do not and can not win wars. And for your information, there are several precedents of the small guy beating the big guy in conflict, so your 2 against 1 excuse is pathetic.
I have dictated your fallacy yet again. The Oyo empre was no match to the British. How long did it take to occupy Yorubaland after the fall of Oyo. How about the sultanate than immediately collapsed after Sultan Attahiru fled.
Now compare that with British Aro wars of 1901-2. Olokoro in 1903, Uzuakoli 1903. Afikpo in 1903/4, Umunneoha 1904. In 1905, Ezza, Ovoro and Nonya. In 1906, Onicha and Ahiara. 1908, Isikwuato, Urualla and Etche. In 1909, 10, 12 and 1914, was the turn of Isiagu, Ntarakpu and Ekumeku of the Western Igbo.
Do you need more?.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 11, 2010
Divided we fall.

If Yorubaland fought together to fight off the British with the help of a few allies [like the biafran war], the british would not have succeeded. [but then, thatz my opinion]
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 1:30am On Oct 11, 2010
^^^^
Smart, very smart.
Are you sure you're not tpia
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 11, 2010
naijaking1:

^^^^
Smart, very smart.
Are you sure you're not tpia
Why do you ask?
Do I come off as rude?
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by naijaking1: 1:39am On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why do you ask?
Do I come off as rude?

No, no not at all my dear.
tpia gives a tangy taste in the mouth, but at the same time smart and erudite, just how I like it wink
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 9:48am On Oct 11, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I have dictated your fallacy yet again. The Oyo empre was no match to the British. How long did it take to occupy Yorubaland after the fall of Oyo. How about the sultanate than immediately collapsed after Sultan Attahiru fled.
Now compare that with British Aro wars of 1901-2. Olokoro in 1903, Uzuakoli 1903. Afikpo in 1903/4, Umunneoha 1904. In 1905, Ezza, Ovoro and Nonya. In 1906, Onicha and Ahiara. 1908, Isikwuato, Urualla and Etche. In 1909, 10, 12 and 1914, was the turn of Isiagu, Ntarakpu and Ekumeku of the Western Igbo.
Do you need more?.

Dictated my fallacy yet again!!! Wondering what you mean by that. Do you know the meaning of organised? When you are organised, it is more difficult to be defeated. The British had no difficulty in conquering Igboland but the task was only irritating because there was no dominant kingdom in Igboland. So the British had to pick off individual villages/hamlets as it pierced Igboland. You are funny referring to those conflicts as wars. There isn't an international book that refers to those conflicts as wars. Even the defeat of the Caliphate in Sokoto, Kano, and Zaria was not referred to as a war. Nor was the British defeat of Nupeland. The British defeat of the Zulu under Cetshwayo in 1879 is classed as a war; that war is notable for the defeat of the British at the Battle of Isandlwana by a tribal army.

It appears that you do not have a grasp of history yet you think that handed down stories account for fact. The Oyo empire was gone by the time the British started the military campaigns to capture Nigeria. After the fall of the Oyo empire, several kingdoms arose such as the Ibadan empire, the Ekiti, Ijebu, and Egba states. Again, the conquest of Yorubaland was made easier by the emergence of the smaller states after the fall of Oyo. Please read 'Africa under Colonial Domination 1880-1935' by A. Adu Boahen.

I don't want to digress too much and will stop here. The point I made initially was that the first united and organised Ndigbo war effort was the Biafran war. Prior to the civil war, Ndigbo had never fought as one unlike the Hausa/Fulani, the Yoruba, the Bornu, and the Benin. My comment was to Dede1 who stated that Ndigbo had experience in military campaigns but failed to back his claims with any facts. I thought he was going to repeat a claim he made several months ago when he claimed that Ndigbo repelled an invading Caliphate army. We know that never happened.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by udezue(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2010
Katsumoto,
U make me laugh. So what was going on between the Anioma and the British, the Aro and the British? I guess they were sipping wine and eating cheese. Even the conflict btwn the Zulu and European is not even recorded as war but thats what it was.

The Western Igbo fought a war with the British on their own turf. The Aro and other Igbos did. Yes these wars weren't organized like the Biafran war because the Igbo communities then saw eachother as independent entities unlike Yoruba and Fulani.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2010
udezue:

Katsumoto,
U make me laugh. So what was going on between the Anioma and the British, the Aro and the British? I guess they were sipping wine and eating cheese. Even the conflict btwn the Zulu and European is not even recorded as war but thats what it was.

The Western Igbo fought a war with the British on their own turf. The Aro and other Igbos did. Yes these wars weren't organized like the Biafran war because the Igbo communities then saw eachother as independent entities unlike Yoruba and Fulani.

You are the clown. grin grin grin
The British termed the conquest of Igboland an expedition and nothing more. The battles, generals, casualties, strenghts of both sides are clearly documented in the Zulu-British war. I would love to have the same information for the Wars that you and Andrew_Uweh have stated were fought between the British and Ndigbo. Please supply the names of the Ndigbo generals, battles, location, strengths, etc. and with references.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Onlytruth(m): 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are the clown. grin grin grin
The British termed the conquest of Igboland an expedition and nothing more. The battles, generals, casualties, strenghts of both sides are clearly documented in the Zulu-British war. I would love to have the same information for the Wars that you and Andrew_Uweh have stated were fought between the British and Ndigbo. Please supply the names of the Ndigbo generals, battles, location, strengths, etc. and with references.

Katsumoto

You are becoming cruder by the day. Your lies have lost their finesse! grin grin

So, you want us to rely on British duplicitous naming habits to define what happened between the Igbo and the British?

In the eyes of the British, which African kingdoms were recognized as kingdoms by the British, and what was the criteria for such recognition?

The Zulu and Swazi kingdoms who fought the British as you stated earlier, were they not called savages, and were their kings not called "paramount chief of the savages".

Which African city was so recognized as "city" by the British?

In terms of African military operations, the British called it expedition.

African kings were called chiefs, even if the king ruled over more people than the English population.

My friend, you have stepped even lower. sad sad sad
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

Katsumoto

You are becoming cruder by the day. Your lies have lost their finesse! grin grin

So, you want us to rely on British duplicitous naming habits to define what happened between the Igbo and the British?

In the eyes of the British, which African kingdoms were recognized as kingdoms by the British, and what was the criteria for such recognition?

The Zulu and Swazi kingdoms who fought the British as you stated earlier, were they not called savages, and were their kings not called "paramount chief of the savages".

Which African city was so recognized as "city" by the British?

In terms of African military operations, the British called it expedition.

African kings were called chiefs, even if the king ruled over more people than the English population.

My friend, you have stepped even lower. sad sad sad

Why don't you supply the information I requested? The British had wars with Ndigbo, please elaborate on these wars. Typical OnlyTruth, you ignore the point being discussed but proceed to discredit your opponent and offer information that has no bearing on the discussion. Who is talking about chiefs and cities? Yes the British called Africans savages but the British efforts in Benin, Sudan, South Africa, etc are well documented.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by AndreUweh(m): 11:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
@KATSUMOTO: my reference point is clear. The Yorubaland fell like pack of cards when confronted by the British unlike in Igboland where up till 1929, wars were still going on between the OCCUPIERS and IGBO communities.
if you want to know more about western Igbo wars with the British, check out this http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-520042.0.html
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by Katsumoto: 12:04am On Oct 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

@KATSUMOTO: my reference point is clear. The Yorubaland fell like pack of cards when confronted by the British unlike in Igboland where up till 1929, wars were still going on between the OCCUPIERS and IGBO communities.
if you want to know more about western Igbo wars with the British, check out this http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-520042.0.html

Ok, you win; all the battles the British ever lost occured in Igboland.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by AndreUweh(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Divided we fall.

If Yorubaland fought together to fight off the British with the help of a few allies [like the biafran war], the british would not have succeeded. [but then, thatz my opinion]
Even if the entire Yorubaland combined with Dahomey and Sokoto Caliphate had fought against the British, they would have lost with ease.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by T9ksy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
Quote from: Andre Uweh Today at  02:06:19 PM
Even if the entire Yorubaland combined with Dahomey and Sokoto Caliphate had fought against the British, they would have lost with ease.

Abi O jare, tell dem mak dem hia!!! If only the yorubas had fought together AND with the aid of the Igbos, the British would have been sent packing, with great ease and alacrity !!! grin

Rather than having the british empire flag flying over the geographical space dubbed Nigeria, we would have probably had something like the Biafran Empire flag. who no know sey di igbos are the superior tribe in the whole of Africa? Zik said this much in 1947 but no one took notice.

No wonder all their leaders are now genuflecting to any Northerner who so much as hint that they can have the presidency, come 2015.
Re: Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign by jason12345: 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2010
T9ksy:

Quote from: Andre Uweh Today at  02:06:19 PM
Abi O jare, tell dem mak dem hia!!! If only the yorubas had fought together AND with the aid of the Igbos, the British would have been sent packing, with great [b]ease and alacrity !!![/b] grin

Rather than having the british empire flag flying over the geographical space dubbed Nigeria, we would have probably had something like the Biafran Empire flag. who no know sey di igbos are the superior tribe in the whole of Africa? Zik said this much in 1947 but no one took notice.

No wonder all their leaders are now genuflecting to any Northerner who so much as hint that they can have the presidency, come 2015.

nl is kill me oooo!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Picture Of Gov. Aregbesola At 'Osun At 20' Novelty Match / Biafra - Proposed Plan Nnamdi Kanu Has For All Ethnic Nations In Biafraland / Ike Ekweremadu Visits Governor Dickson (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.