Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. (4498 Views)

My Fiancee And My Friend What Is Going On?? / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype / Pre-wedding Photos Of My Fiancee And I. #we Cool Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by PortableGee(f): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
You can adopt
Have an iVF (medicall generated to prevent SS)
Or lastly
Remain childless
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Luizkid(m): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
Trust me when you start facing some of the challenges of the union, the love will fade away like APC promises.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by kingxsamz(m): 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
ThothHermes:
Thunder is just sound. It's lightening that "strikes"

Illiterate. angry

We've seen you. Professor.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by adonis89(m): 11:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
Which help wey u need ? Its obvious u weren't ready to marry her else her genotype was d 1st tin u would have asked her b4 starting any relationship .. Look 4 some1 else

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Day before yesterday I called my dad to know his genotype, he confirmed he is AA, mum is AA also and my 2 siblings all AA grin

ladies way they find AA DM me
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by nuelyoyo(m): 6:56am On Jun 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
When pregnant, you guys can check the genotype of the baby, if SS, abort. Or better yet, abandon ship.
please, do we now have the technology in Nigeria, or are the couple's abroad. I didn't read the thread though.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nat404: 7:26am On Jun 23, 2019
pocohantas:

You can't afford separation that is free?

But you can afford pains/death for an unborn child in few months to come?

A child that didn't send you message?

Oga, you know what to do.
LOL! wink
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 23, 2019
nuelyoyo:
please, do we now have the technology in Nigeria, or are the couple's abroad. I didn't read the thread though.
I doubt we have it here.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 23, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
Day before yesterday I called my dad to know his genotype, he confirmed he is AA, mum is AA also and my 2 siblings all AA grin

ladies way they find AA DM me
AA no scarce
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 23, 2019
Freethought:
Good evening nairalanders. i know this my question may sound stupid kind of, but we are hoping there's another way this whole thing can go.

We both discovered yesterday that we are both AS and we've fixed the wedding date already ( in 3 months). We love ourselves and we can't afford separation right now.

We talked at length yesterday on what exactly to do as people around us has been putting different kind of fears in us. we figured there might be couples out there who have also gone through this and we'll like to hear from them.
Is it a must we break up at this point after going through through so much or there's another way to go about this?

Please, your advises are really needed and will be appreciated as we are in a state of dilemma right now. We are hoping your advises will lead us to make the right decision

Thanks in anticipation.

cc: farano , rocktation, lalasticlala
I will be blunt with you as a professional and give you the available options for this problem. GRAB A SEAT AND SIP TEA WITH YOUR FIANCEE, because this is going to be a long post.

if you want to marry because you are in love, not having kids and adopting instead is an option, Or you could decide not to marry at all, another option

if you do decide to have children, there is a 1 in 4 chance PER CHILD that he/she may be sickle cell. That means if you decide to have 4 children, all of them can be SS.(True story)

genotype test cost 1k

to find out if the genotype of the child in the womb is AS/AA/SS through amniocentensis or chronic villus sampling will cost nothing less than 500k, if the child is confirmed you may have to abort it and try again. Now that is another kettle of fish altogether

if you do decide to give birth to an SS child, there is a cure for sickle cell, it is called bone marrow transplant, and it costs minimum of 25 million naira and can be an excruciating process.

THIS IS ASSUMING YOU CAN AFFORD ALL THIS PER CHILD.

let's assume you are not able to afford all this like the average Nigerian couple. how much can you afford to take the child to hospital for every crisis and subsequent clinic visits, your child will be walking on eggshells, in lifelong pain, getting addicted to painkillers like penta and tramadol, parents will also be affected, skipped days from work, possible unemployment, or business will suffer, so will their marriage because love will fly out the window, your work and productivity will suffer, so will your life expectancy. Be prepared that there is a 50-80% chance that the child would not live to see his/her sixth birthday

Now assuming the child is resilient and somehow manages to live through adulthood, and wants to marry, which spouse would want to inherit that kinda problem? Now what if a sickle cell woman becomes pregnant, that is an obstetrician's worse nightmare, because they won't listen when they are told to only give birth to 2 children. putting her family through stress.

By the time they are in their fifties, they look way older, like my haematogy professor who was so bent at 70 that i thought he was 90. Or the 55 year old woman who died three days ago in my workplace from multiple organ failure and other complications in addition to normal adulthood problems, she also looked like she was 90.

NOW ARE YOU READY TO GO DOWN THIS ROAD?

THINK VERY WELL,2 , 5, 10, 20, 50 years down the line.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I doubt we have it here.
We do, but many cannot afford it
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 23, 2019
Luizkid:
Trust me when you start facing some of the challenges of the union, the love will fade away like APC promises.
lol,my chest!
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
AA no scarce
Says who undecided ?
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by alphaNomega: 9:20am On Jun 23, 2019
Freethought:
Good evening nairalanders. i know this my question may sound stupid kind of, but we are hoping there's another way this whole thing can go.

We both discovered yesterday that we are both AS and we've fixed the wedding date already ( in 3 months). We love ourselves and we can't afford separation right now.

We talked at length yesterday on what exactly to do as people around us has been putting different kind of fears in us. we figured there might be couples out there who have also gone through this and we'll like to hear from them.
Is it a must we break up at this point after going through through so much or there's another way to go about this?

Please, your advises are really needed and will be appreciated as we are in a state of dilemma right now. We are hoping your advises will lead us to make the right decision

Thanks in anticipation.

From your first paragraph you already knew the right thing to do before starting this thread so I will neither bash nor advice you. Good day
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by eedimo(m): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2019
Jokerman:
Stupid generation with no faith...

Who cares if you both are AS... Go on and marry, what shal separate you from the love of Christ?? Certainly not thinking of SS...

Allow the chains of the devil to hold you down in captivity
Are you from Pluto
My friend, the fact that you have Christ or faith in him shouldn't make you a senseless man.
Was it man that place the genotypic structure on man? It was your God.
He also commanded you to be wise but were do you get wisdom? From the books.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:58am On Jun 23, 2019
The chances of u giving birth to SS is very high probably about 70%. You can go thru IVF by isolating the embryo and test for a specific genetic condition before transferring the embryo to the uterus. This is the only way u can guarantee u don't have a baby with SS. So there's a chance for u
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 23, 2019
Funkyswagzz:
The chances of u giving birth to SS is very high probably about 70%. You can go thru IVF by isolating the embryo and test for a specific genetic condition before transferring the embryo to the uterus. This is the only way u can guarantee u don't have a baby with SS. So there's a chance for u
IVF is from 850k and above
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by tunize(m): 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
You nor need advice o.p do as u please because no mttr waitn ppl tell u here, u still going to follow ur heart. I believe in God but i don't believe in tempting him. Do what u feel is right.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Vyolet(f): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
If you are buoyant a bit, there are hospitals in lag where you can visit once your wife is pregnant, you can check to know the genotype of the unborn foetus, once the first two come out as AS, you will be good to go. I wish you the best.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by jokhaleifoh(f): 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
look,the simple thing I can say to you now is *have sense*...yh yh we all know its painful but if you love yourselves so much u wud also love the kids from the union right...

speaking as an SS patient
it isn't easy to live everyday thinking u may just fall asleep and not wake up

I try as much as possible each day to reassure myself that I love my parents.. but truth is sometimes.. nah
..thou shalt not tempt the lord your God

now abt d frequent pregnancy visits to the doctor ..if the abortions destroy her uterus wud u still love her enough and stay faithful to her?! not seeking a child else where??

RECIEVE SENSE
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by jokhaleifoh(f): 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2019
okay that was harsh ..I went emo on you...
please don't do this...
all these faith talks and possible solutions may seem easy cuz u not in the situation yet

Bro when the storms hit...it ain't funny atall
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by michlins(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Depending on how excessive rich you are
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

Says who undecided ?
Says me. I'm one tongue
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by naijafox(m): 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2019
Lightening:

Your pastor and his wife kill SS foetuses she conceives while retaining AS ones.

Steady abortion on the ss foetuses

That's the only way out
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Freethought:

Thanks in anticipation.

Dear writer I understand how feel because I faced the same thing but had no better choice than to walk away.

Sincerely love will not be enough if you have an SS child. Some were lucky to escape having kids that are healthy but you can't test God.
Its a better pill to swallow but at end you will be fine.
All the best in your decision making.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
funmisticqueen:
IVF is from 850k and above

That's the only way.. and if he can't afford it. Then it's not worth taking d risk
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Says me. I'm one tongue
Guess you AS and I don't talk to AS
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by sommyboi(m): 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2019
The girl I dated for 6years is married with two kids now. Why? We found out both of us were AS and we separated. Not easy, but we lived through the pains. And trust me, no pain lasts forever. You better feel the pain of separation, that a lifetime of regrets. "Prevention is always better than cure"
My two shishi

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

Guess you AS and I don't talk to AS
If that's what ur brain decoded, fine and good. Bye
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by Sonia2002(f): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
Abort! i repeat abort mission.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee And I Both Have AS Genotype. by emelda86(f): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
U see fire, you dey go out hand inside ok o....

Kwantinue...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Guys Scared Of Approaching Female In The Armed Forces? / I Bleep A Girl I Met On Facebook / Woman Tackles Her Nigerian Neighbour Because Of His Smelling P**p (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.