Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? (3742 Views)

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts / Alhassan Saleh: Amotekun Shows How Primitive Yoruba People Are – Miyetti Allah / Amotekun : Yoruba's Remain The Most Primitive People In Nigeria - Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
I see myself as a Nigerian first and Yoruba second. Who Tribalism EP-it is a tool used by the fantastically corrupt politicians in APC,PDP and APGA who have turned the country to one of the biggest shitholes in the world to keep the masses divided. How as a Yoruba man did Obasanjo 8 year presidency benefit me or any other Yoruba man? Did we get a share of the $16 billion dollars he spent on electricity to give us darkness, do we have a world class Federal hospital in any state in the south west or did he deliver a dual carriage 8 lane highway. Does Tinubu deliver bullion vans of cash to my house?

There are only two classes in Nigeria: The Elite and the Masses.

The Elite-consist of the fantastically corrupt politicians in PDP,APC and APGA. And also the former military generals who have collectively looted $380 billion dollars since 1960 and make up less than 0.01% of the population.
-Cornered and shared the countries oil blocks to their immediate family members,girlfriends and cronies to become billionaires in dollars
-They made themselves the highest paid legislators in the world
-Use bullion vans to deliver their loot to their house
-They move with armed security and drive the rest of the citizens off the road
-Germany and UK is their favorite destination for medical checkups
-They acquired property in Garki,Maitaima,Ikoyi,VGC and Banana Island with their loot
-Their choice of movement is by private jet and armoured cars bought with stolen funds
-They engage in vote buying during elections
-They sponsor thugs to intimidate and harass civilians
-Gave themselves the highest pension benefit in the world
-Send their children to best private school and universities in the world with their loot
-Live in estates with 24 hour electricity or run generators 24/7

The Masses

-They are tribalistic and blame all the nation woes on the 'ipod youth',Niger Delta militants etc
-Victims of insecurity in the land-such as kidnapping,armed robbery and ritual killings
-No access to portable water and have to pay for their own boreholes
-No access to adequate medical treatment to treat their ailments
-Are victims of election violence
-Salaries and pensions are embezzled by fantastically corrupt politicians
- Face incessant power cuts

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
Front page Laslastiscala
Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by SLAP44: 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:
I see myself as a Nigerian first and Yoruba second. Who Tribalism ep-it is a tool used by the fantastically corrupt politicians who have turned the country to one of the biggest shitholes in the world the keep the masses divided. How as a Yoruba man did Obasanjo 8 year presidency benefit me or any other Yoruba man? Did we get a share of the $16 billion he spent on electricity to give us darkness, do we have a world class Federal hospital in any state in the south west or did he deliver a dual carriage 8 lane highway.
Nigerians free yourselves from mental slavery

Why are you crying this evening, who's beating you?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
SLAP44:

Why are you crying this evening, who's beating you?
Too much tribalism in one of the world's biggest shitholes where the only thing that works is corruption and ethnic division.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Unlimitk2(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
I'm not a tribalistic person
But some ppl on this forum made me hate other ethnic groups
There are some ppl that should b banned on nairaland
But whatever
Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
Unlimitk2:
But whatever
Tribalism should be banned.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by BabaIbo: 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
I'm not a tribalistic person but ever since I started using this forum, I noticed I became conscious of other tribes simply because of some uncontrolled attack on different tribes by some people here on this forum

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Jmk9292(m): 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
Any issue on how to tackle tribalism here would always end up causing more problems..... Just watch....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
BabaIbo:
I'm not a tribalistic person but ever since I started using this forum, I noticed I became conscious of other tribes simply because of some uncontrolled attack on different tribes by some people here on this forum
They are sponsored agents of division.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
Whether you people like it or not

Tribalism has come to stay

How can sane human beings from a particular region line up and say they are voting for an illiterate grandpa who truncated democracy before I was even born...

They brought him back to continue with his nepotism and archaic way of thinking... In a jet age

Today we are the poverty capital of the world

Today we are the unemployment capital of the world

We are the suicide capital of the world.. Banning of sniper cannot remedy the situation...

Insecurity is the order of the day as Fulani herdsmen.. Bandits.. Kidnappers etc run riot without any python dancing on their heads..

Nigerians are endangered species abroad even in countries like Ghana ... Benin Republic... Togo etc... Who would have ever thought

We deserve the kinda leaders and country we have...

All because of tribalism and religious sentiments....

Ironically... The politicians from different tribes and religions come together to share the nation's treasury while the masses strangle each other

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:

How can sane human beings from a particular region line up and say they are voting for an illiterate grandpa who truncated democracy before I was even born...

They brought him back to continue with his nepotism and archaic way of thinking...

We are the suicide capital of the world.. Banning of sniper cannot remedy the situation...

Insecurity is the other of the day as Fulani herdsmen.. Bandits.. Kidnappers etc run riot without any python dancing on their heads..

Nigerians are endangered species abroad even in countries like Ghana ... Benin Republic... Togo etc... Who would have ever thought

Ironically... The politicians from different tribes and religions come together to share the nation's treasury while the masses strangle each other

I understand your sentiments, but the people that made this happen are victims of tribal brainwashing. At the end of the day in each election cycle the only beneficiaries are the fantastically corrupt politicians in APC,PDP and APGA while the masses are left to suffer and smile.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by helinues: 7:31pm On Jun 22, 2019
Majority of those who are behind those tribal e-war are kiddo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by helinues: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:

They brought him back to continue with his nepotism and archaic way of thinking...

Insecurity is the other of the day as Fulani herdsmen.. Bandits.. Kidnappers etc run riot without any python dancing on their heads..

We have never packed oracle from ground, it has started working..

Is there no longer freedom of association?

Why should you care about whom a particular region supported? Is election no longer contested in Nigeria?

Una go dey alright Las las

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
helinues:

We have never packed oracle from ground, it has started working..
Is there no longer freedom of association?
Why should you care about whom a particular region supported? Is election no longer contested in Nigeria?
Una go dey alright Las las

You were supposed to say that all the ills I stated up there are all a ruse...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by helinues: 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:

You were supposed to say that all the ills I stated up there are all a ruse...

Nigeria problem did not start yesterday..

And btw, some of you guys had already made up your mind not to see any good thing in this current government.

Buhari may not be the best bur at least he is trying his best

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
helinues:

And btw, some of you guys had already made up your mind not to see any good thing in this current government.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by flokii: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
I try not to tow the tribal line myself but come to think of it, a smart mind is a conscious mind..

Why will a particular group want to take all that is meant to be shared amongst major tribes.
If you follow history of Nigeria, you'll see where the problem that is plaguing us till today started.
To make matters worse, some will leave their region undeveloped to claim right and 'no man's land' in another region.

Tribalism is just a word to keep people silent to what is wrong.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by helinues: 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
[quote author=ChiefkeefGB4 post=79582085][/quote]

That is politicians generally.. None of them are immuned to reckless talk.

Not justifying though
Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
flokii:
I try not to tow the tribal line myself but come to think of it, a smart mind is a conscious mind..

Why will a particular group want to take all that is meant to be shared amongst major tribes.
If you follow history of Nigeria, you'll see where the problem that is plaguing us till today started.
To make matters worse, some will leave their region undeveloped to claim right and 'no man's land' in another region.

We are all Nigerians- no land is the exclusive right of any tribe. Do you hear Americans or the British say certain regions are the exclusive right of blacks,whites or asian? You are one of the primitive people I am talking about.
There is freedom of movement in the country and any tribe can settle anywhere. We are Nigerians first and our tribe is inconsequential.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by goodnessme1(f): 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
Am not tribalistic,i have been a ghost reader here until i couldnt take the attack of yellowbats and boko harams against easterns.they mock igho with picture of the starving igbo kids during the war,
they make mockery of innocent youths from east being killed by nigeria army.they shout kill them all.

Their oba threatened to drum igbos i lagoon if they do not vote for his candidate,all yellowbats applaud him.

So many that i cant even write down now.
Any way you people cant make me to be tribalistic like you guys.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by flokii: 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

We are all Nigerians- no land is the exclusive right of any tribe. Do you hear Americans or the British say certain regions are the exclusive right of blacks,whites or asian? You are one of the primitive people I am talking about.
There is freedom of movement in the country and any tribe can settle anywhere. We are Nigerians first and our tribe is inconsequential.

When you want to tell lies to suit your narrative, you become Nigerian.. when others ask for same right in the East, you start crying that you want Biafra.

Who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
flokii:

When you want to tell lies to suit your narrative, you become Nigerian.. when others ask for same right in the East, you start crying that you want Biafra.

Who is fooling who?

That is part of the primitive mindset stifling the nations development and which the fantastically corrupt Nigerian politicians use to exploit the uneducated masses. We don't see ourselves as Nigerians but identify through our tribes.
When it is time to loot the politicians forgot about tribalism and party affiliation and are united. Why can't the average Nigerian have that same mindset?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by advocate666: 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
Afonja don come again with their deceitful ways.

Believe the op at your peril. Nobody is a nigerian. "Nigeria" is a geographical protectorate of Britain. My Great grand pa didn't know that word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2019
advocate666:
Afonja don come again with their deceitful ways.

Believe the op at your peril. Nobody is a nigerian. "Nigeria" is a geographical protectorate of Britain. My Great grand pa didn't know that word.
When you cross the borders into another country you carry a Nigerian passport and when foreigners ask you where you are from-you tell them Nigeria. Tribalism is the reason the masses can never be united against the corrupt politicians that have turned the country to a shithole

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by goodnessme1(f): 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2019
flokii:

tribalism is when you tell you fellow coumtry man to go back to his region and at the same time begging for unity in their region.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2019
Unlimitk2:
But whatever

You have a report button.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
helinues:

Now this is the problem....
Living in denial because of tribalism and religious sentiments...
People are dying and here you are defending mediocrity

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by kingzizzy: 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:
I see myself as a Nigerian first and Yoruba second.

So a white foreigner called Lord Lugard decided who you are and your forefathers who ensured you came into existence come second?

In other words, you are first a colonial creation before being an indigenous son of the soil?

Even the British that are responsible for making you a Nigerian, a Scottish man will never say he is British first before being Scottish

You people should stop peddling this stupid falsehood. We are, and always will be, first our ethnic identity, before we become whatever identity the white man gave us through the barrel of the gun

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
kingzizzy:

So a white foreigner called Lord Lugard decided who you are and your forefathers who ensured you came into existence come second?

In other words, you are first a colonial creation before being an indigenous son of the soil?

Even the British that are responsible for making you a Nigerian, a Scottish man will never say he is British first before being Scottish

You people should stop peddling this stupid falsehood. We are, and always will be, first our ethnic identity, before we become whatever identity the white man gave us through the barrel of the gun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:

Now this is the problem....
Living in denial because of tribalism and religious sentiments...
People are dying and here you are defending mediocrity
He sold his soul for a pittance
Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by throwaway: 12:32am On Jun 23, 2019
kingzizzy:

indigenous?... Lol. Not like u had the opportunity to choose your ethnic group. Your ethinic group was an accident, same as your nationality - a strong reason why saying bad stuff about other tribes (in favour of yours) is unwise. Not like your tribe is visble at the skeletal level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Have A Primitive Tribal Mindset? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 23, 2019
throwaway:

indigenous?... Lol. Not like u had the opportunity to choose your ethnic group. Your ethinic group was an accident, same as your nationality - a strong reason why saying bad stuff about other tribes (in favour of yours) is unwise. Not like your tribe is visble at the skeletal level.
Every tribe is collectively responsible for where we are at today. Nigeria is a disgrace to the black race and has proven racists right that the black man can never run a functional society.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Apc, Pdp Must Support 2023 Igbo Presidency – Von Dg, Okechukwu / Happening Now In Sagamu / Breaking News!!! Boko Haram Arrange To Attack Abuja!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.