Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes (18551 Views)

Resurrection Sunday : We Are Redeemed!! - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Under Attack? Put On The Whole Armour Of God - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by KendrickAyomide: 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
mrZENographer:

Elijah decreed famine for 3 and half years

God told Elijah to hide himself from King Ahab in the Brook by Jordan and said, I have commanded the Ravens to give you food day and night. God sent Ravens to feed Elijah day and night. 1 Kings 17

This also sounds foolish to you? Bros that story is a Lie

so God also sent animals to trek from thousands of miles grin grin grin. How will they not die?
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by mrZENographer: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
so God also sent animals to trek from thousands of miles grin grin grin. How will they not die?

Because he is the source and giver of life.

1 Like

Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by grrr: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
Judybash93:

Good point...

But...we have evidences of events that occurred thousands and even millions of years locked up in dirt over the years..... why can't we get evidences pointing out the occurrence of a global flood even after much research....

Okay lets answer it this way!
Why dont we get evidences that the earth was without form and void when God created it?

Why also did we not get evidence of how mount everest came to existence since we must have a prove for everything before we believe!

The pure answer is this, science cannot explain everthing. Some issues are just too big for science to explain.

A question again how do you explain how ordinary air you breathe in, mixes with blood and you get to live and when you put a fish in the same air, it dies or a bird flying in the air is put in the same water where a fish lives and yet it dies?

1 Like

Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by grrr: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
Adek15:
lolz.. I won't regret it if I know the past, the present and the future. Remember God knows everything, shouldn't he know man would go astray?

He did knew that man would go astray when He created them!
Thats why He also had the redemptive plan of Jesus before He created man!
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by EvieP(f): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
cool
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Funaki: 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
grrr:

Well firstly, He also knew the devil will betray him why did He still create the devil?

Like it was written that a person will betray Jesus, why did God still create that person?

The truth is what He has said in His word
"My ways are not your ways, my thoughts not your thoughts"

As far as the heavens are so are His ways higher than ours.

God has a plan in all of this which our small minds still tries to rationalize but sadly it cant comprehend!

I know where this is leading to, that there is no God and if there is a God, why will He allow things like this to occur.

You can never understand His ways. Our little questions here are not questions but a way to challenge Him

Well like I said over a billion people cant be wrong

we can't know and understand his way, but you know so much to tell me about him. grin grin. How do you know so much about him if he's so mysterious to be known?
are we all surmising about God and we don't really know anything about him? if that's true, why do you think you are right about what you know right now?
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Funaki: 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
dazzlingd:

To say u mumu will be an understatement of the year, so u are comparing siblings with races. Do you know the differences in races, so why u never born Chinese.. Can a Chinese couple born an Indian.? We are talking of differences like heights, bone density, hair texture, skin texture, colour of eyes...blacks will always be Blacks and cannot born Chinese or Indian. So why after Noahs ark, that year wey that flood happen and Noah born all the races for earth today, since then, nobody don born green pikin or red human being.? Na only Noah sabi born different new races ba

2. So they waited till the plants grew, so wetin dem tiger, lion, cheetah come dey chop, dem wait for the goat to born, then the goat wey dem born come grow and born more goats... Oga if dem no teach u, you suppose know say that food chain no dey possible.

3. Now I confirm your education fees has to be refunded with interest.. So u think if the whole world becomes flooded, then salt water mix with fresh water... Stop watching Africa magic., start watching national geo... Even if u do fish farming, u will know that two different fishes can't survive under same condition.. Difference in temperature, salinity, density, affects aquatic animals and many fishes would have perished today...
Oga, your brain is for thinking, so water wey cover Mount Everest,, where did that water disappear to, the water just enter ground ba and you think u are smart.

grin
abeg na

Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by eodavids(m): 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2019
Funaki:
but how could God regret creating men when he knew their abilities? The bible said God knows all things, he knew the end from the beginning. How was he shocked by the actions of men during Noah's time?

In essence, the Devil corrupted humans so badly that it grieved God.
God created humans to obey Him, but they learnt to disobey Him rather (from the rival)...

He who has an ear, let him hear
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by TrajansKong: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
eodavids:

In essence, the Devil corrupted humans so badly that it grieved God.
God created humans to obey Him, but they learnt to disobey Him rather (from the rival)...

He who has an ear, let him hear

You mean to tell us that the creator of the Universe - the creator of EVERYTHING - has a rival??
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by grrr: 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
Funaki:

we can't know and understand his way, but you know so much to tell me about him. grin grin. How do you know so much about him if he's so mysterious to be known?
are we all surmising about God and we don't really know anything about him? if that's true, why do you think you are right about what you know right now?

I really love this question and it gives me joy to answer. Saying we dont know or understand His ways has this as the real meaning that you cant phantom God with your human mind!
You cant understand God with physical senses!

My joy and the reason I can tell you much about him is that my experience with God has left reading the bible alone, I have enperienced Him as a Father and as a friend, he is real to me and that is not something that can be reasoned out with a physical mind.

1 Like

Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by GerogeI(m): 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
realmindz:

Let me help with this issue of timing once and for all, once we get it right, we can continue.

The Bible gave the genealogy of Jesus Christ from the first man to Jesus... From Jesus till date is about 2000 years..

Adam to Jesus was about 60 generations which amounts to about 6000 years at the MOST. meaning from Adam to us at the most is less than 8 thousand years.

So Noah to our generation definitely less than 8k years

Then u can have you appropriate timing.

You are the same guy who spoke of genetic optimisation, so tell me what amount of genetic optimisation, continental drift, scientific theory, algorithm could have derived all these variations and answer all these doubts. Please answer sincerely

60 generations of men with vastly different lifespans from 1000 years to 100 years. Noah alone lived for 950 years, almost a millennium, figure that. 10 successive generations of Noah would have approached 10k years if you want to be literal. I suggest you stop reading bible years in literal terms.

As for time for differentiation, I hope you know scientifically homo sapiens are barely 300,000 years old. With some of our closest so called ancestors featuring as near as 40,000 years ago.

The closest thing science has identified as close to Noah's flood is the Ice age. The last one ended only 11,700 years ago. Biological variation does not take millions of years, you yourself is a living proof of it. It takes place over thousands of years.
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by GerogeI(m): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
realmindz:

Salt water mixing with fresh water will happen when the entire world becomes flooded, that will weaken your argument as to the fact that aquatic animals can't survive under same habitat..... Also density and water pressure will change with increase in volume and variation of salinity and temperature.
meaning, many aquatic animals will die and probably go into extinction

I like the way you present your theories though, I wish many religious folks can come up like this.

Reduction in water salinity will not kill many marine animals. Please we are not talking of transition to fresh water, but dilution. Beside several marine organisims survive in both salt and fresh water. As of today, many are known to head to fresh water bodies for reproduction. Either way marine animals will be leftover in ponds as waters of a flood recede.

Density and static pressure is not an issue for freely swimming marine animals. They simply dwell at the depth comfortable for their existence. It is rather a problem for bottom dwelling creatures, who are mostly found near the continental shelves. They too are very much likely to migrate to shallower oceans as water levels rise.
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by GerogeI(m): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
realmindz:

I've replied you with a break down of the time being less than 8k years..

The expansion of the universe resulting in velocity difference, distances, time relativity... Etc, these factors don't make significant impacts in millons of years...so it's safe to say those are negligible factors considering events that happen even in the last 20 thousand years... We can dispense with them.

It is not safe to say variations in time are neglible. Our science is not even there yet to fully understand the impact of relativity or the variation of the orbits of the earth, moon and sun. Are you aware there could have been two moons or more in the past, one being battered away by asteroids. Or one other planet in our solar system exerting its own gravity on earth. Such possibilities would have vastly different impact on earths velocity. So let's be safe accepting what we know, and acknowledging the many thing we do not know and have no clue of.
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by TrajansKong: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
This must be the dumbest thread I have ever read on Nairaland. These stories from the Bible are myths, metaphor, legends and folklore created to introduce ideas ideas to societies and cultures where most could not read. For example, Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden = the consequences of knowledge acquisition and self-awareness. Noah's Ark= the rewards of obedience to higher authority and duties thereunto.

The writers of these stories could NEVER in their wildest dreams have imagined a population of adults so dommm as to actually believe in a woman turning to a pillar of salt, a 500 year old man (Noah) spending 100 years to build a boat containing 2 of each life form on Earth, a man living in the belly of a whale, a talking snake, a talking donkey etc, etc...

This is deeply, deeply troubling...
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Adakintroy: 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
realmindz:

Science is trying it's best to explain our origin, those are the real MVP's...people searching for our answers using available evidences and clues, science does not boast to have gotten it right...
It's a wrong idea to stick to what you have been thought to believe without questioning or digging for further truth. That science hasn't gotten the full facts about our origin doesn't make religion the correct version.... So far, science is still the best means to answers of our origin and still work in progress.

At first, we knew only of our flat world. Over the years with the help of science, we can now say our world is spherical, we talk of other planets, talk of other solar systems ,galaxies and the universe... We have been able to predict ages of rocks, able to dig underground... Able to prove that human life has been in existence over 200,000 years ago, we have been able to study of genes, medical sciences have improved, while a part of science is tracing our origin, another part is moving us forward to the future to solve our immediate problems and create a more advanced future using same pracrical approach.

No one said you originated from tadpoles, but we now know how a sperm and egg looks like, we can now write the empirical formula of compounds and create new compounds, we can now blend materials to produce new materials of better quality...
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Tejiriseth(m): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
Jesus Left millions of starving kids, Kids getting raped and decided to touch you, thats alot of Misplace Priority
Maybe me and you can do a prayer challange to see if this your God works.!
grrr:

Let them watch biblical evidences on youtube, I bet they will believe. I have watched many videos of excavations by Archeologists which showed that these sites existed

And not only that, I have also experienced Jesus and seen the hand of God in situations to know that the Holy bible is real!
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by TrajansKong: 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
GerogeI:
Noah alone lived for 950 years, almost a millennium, figure that.

My brother, respectfully, why would you believe this to be true??
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by realmindz: 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by realmindz: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
GerogeI:

60 generations of men with vastly different lifespans from 1000 years to 100 years. Noah alone lived for 950 years, almost a millennium, figure that. 10 successive generations of Noah would have approached 10k years if you want to be literal. I suggest you stop reading bible years in literal terms.

As for time for differentiation, I hope you know scientifically homo sapiens are barely 300,000 years old. With some of our closest so called ancestors featuring as near as 40,000 years ago.

The closest thing science has identified as close to Noah's flood is the Ice age. The last one ended only 11,700 years ago. Biological variation does not take millions of years, you yourself is a living proof of it. It takes place over thousands of years.

Let's over estimate and give each generation a 1000 year each, then that amounts to 60 thousand years from Adam till our present generation.
That's still not enough.... 60k years is still far from being enough.
I'm glad you made mention of some scientific facts like homo sapiens dating far more than 200k years
Also you made mention of ice age, the first ice age dates back as far as billions of years ago... This ice age carry fossils of ancient animals and plants meaning there have been animals and plants as far back as then here on earth.....
Doesn't this scientific facts further weaken religious claims and creation stories..
Because it is evident that the earth has been for billions of years with animals and plants in it, homo sapiens have been far more than 200k years ago.
But unfortunately, the best we could get from the Bible if we over and over estimate to the limit is still far less than 100k years....

And believe me, for a variation as much as our races, it will take millions of years for such to happen... Races cannot form over thousand of years....we are talking of billions of people not just a few hundreds or tens, billions of people in different races, meaning that races were never newly formed over thousand of years ago, or how possible did all the races in the world were rapidly formed just after the flood, and after then, since men started taking records over thousand of years ago, no new race has been formed... Isn't that an unquestionable flaw in the argument....that's where you theory of genetically optimisation failed in this context, genetic optimisation does not rapidly create entire new species that will rapidly populate in that same line of variation into billions and here we aren't talking of just one variation but multiple variations, Asians, Caucasians, Negros ,even among blacks, there are still differences, a Nigerian doesn't look like a Kenyan.... There are races and sub-races... Even in Nigeria, a typical Yoruba man does not look like Fulani man... these differences in all ramifications can never be formed in thousand years....

And regarding the decrease in velocity of the earth, scientific research amount the rate to about 2.3 Milliseconds per century.... Meaning, I was right...it will take millions of years for such decrease to even amount to something as significant as a minute , so we can dispense with it
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Funaki: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
realmindz:

Let's over estimate and give each generation a 1000 year each, then that amounts to 60 thousand years from Adam till our present generation.
I'm glad you made mention of some scientific facts like homo sapiens dating far more than 200k years
Also you made mention of ice age, the first ice age dates back as far as billions of years ago... This ice age carry fossils of ancient animals and plants meaning there have been animals and plants as far back as then here on earth.....
Doesn't this scientific facts further weaken religious claims and creation stories..
Because it is evident that the earth has been for billions of years with animals and plants in it, homo sapiens have been far more than 200k years ago.
But unfortunately, the best we could get from the Bible if we over and over estimate to the limit is still far less than 100k years....

And believe me, for a variation as much as our races, it will take millions of years for such to happen... Races cannot form over thousand of years....we are talking of billions of people not just a few hundreds or tens, billions of people in different races, meaning that races were never newly formed over thousand of years ago, or how possible did all the races in the world were rapidly formed just after the flood, and after then, since men started taking records over thousand of years ago, no new race has been formed... Isn't that an unquestionable flaw in the argument....that's where you theory of genetically optimisation failed in this context, genetic optimisation does not rapidly create entire new species that will rapidly populate in that same line of variation into billions and here we aren't talking of just one variation but multiple variations, Asians, Caucasians, Negros ,even among blacks, there are still differences, a Nigerian doesn't look like a Kenyan.... There are races and sub-races... Even in Nigeria, a typical Yoruba man does not look like Fulani man... these differences in all ramifications can never be formed in thousand years....

And regarding the decrease in velocity of the earth, scientific research amount the rate to about 2.3 Milliseconds per century.... Meaning, I was right...it will take millions of years for such decrease to even amount to something as significant as a minute , so we can dispense with it

you like arguing with people that are hidebound. Adam to Abraham is 20 generations, Abraham to Jesus is 42 generations. So, 2000 years ago, we've only had 62 generations of homo sapiens according to the bible. Anyone arguing this is just trying to shift goal post. 62 generations can't even make up to 10000 years.
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by grrr: 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
Tejiriseth:
Jesus Left millions of starving kids, Kids getting raped and decided to touch you, thats alot of Misplace Priority
Maybe me and you can do a prayer challange to see if this your God works.!

You are so funny and I dont need to do a prayer challenge to prove to you that my wonderful Jesus exist. You know, you shall surely meet Him one day and you can tell Him everything you are saying here now. Then we will really know if He misplaces priorities or not.

One love
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by GerogeI(m): 12:31am On Jun 24, 2019
realmindz:

You have invalidated your own points, if you accept that it took only a few thousand years for homo sapiens to evolve, what's your point exactly about requiring billions of years for races. A race is not even a different specie, it is merely variation within same specie. According to science, 60 thousand years ago, some of the forbearers of homosapiens were still on earth. Let's not believe you for this, let's look at facts.

I never told you homosapiens were far more older than 200k years. Am not sure where you got that from. At most homo sapiens are only 200k to 300k years. Beyond that are other forms of apes without the intelligence of sapiens.

Your whole literal interpretation of bible years is leading you to the famous six days of creation. In case you need understanding, those days are not earth days, as the sun was not even yet in place when they started counting. Further, the evolution God seeded both in the sea and on land were well underway before God decided to make Man as we know him today. He took of the stock of the earth ( the existing apes) and the stock of himself (His breath) to make man. Am not sure howelse one would expect men of old to explain genetic engineering. Every other thing evolved. For man, God took an existing ape and infused some thing unearthly into him. That's why no other animal is like man.

Also in case you are still wondering, the earth like many other planets had been made long long ago before God decided to terraform it. It was a gaseous planet- without form and void. So the billions of years of earths transformation are well captured in the bible, except when you claim the six days to be earth days. They are rather God's day which we have no clue about. Except that the bible says that a thousand years for God is but a second. Am sure you can do the literal conversion to God days to find your missing billion years.

You seem to like everything being inconsequential. Please the earth day is increasing by 1.7 milli sec per 100k years. My point is there are interplanetry factors that can vary the length time, so why postulate as if time is a constant? This is only the effect of earth revolution. What about the effect of formation of the moon or demise of a nearby planet, especially seeing that our solar system has a rich asteroid belt. The possibilities are many and we simply do not know the whole earth history.
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Judybash93(m): 1:34am On Jun 24, 2019
grrr:

Okay lets answer it this way!
Why dont we get evidences that the earth was without form and void when God created it?

Why also did we not get evidence of how mount everest came to existence since we must have a prove for everything before we believe!

The pure answer is this, science cannot explain everthing. Some issues are just too big for science to explain.

A question again how do you explain how ordinary air you breathe in, mixes with blood and you get to live and when you put a fish in the same air, it dies or a bird flying in the air is put in the same water where a fish lives and yet it dies?

I like the way you argue. No sentiments.. I'm impressed
In relation to Mount Everest, sure, there's evidence to prove that at a point the earth's outer layer was a massive supercontinent named Vaalbara and other subsequent ones that appeared over the course of the years. The constant movement of the crust have been observed in the various tectonic plates around the world and this gives birth to mountain folds and the movements can also be attributed to events such as earthquakes and the likes... Those folds have been attributed to create mountain folds such as the Himalayas (that's where mount Everest is), atlas, Andes and the rest... In relation to other stuffs like how birds adapted to flying and how fish adapted to living in water.... It's called adaptation and it takes a shitload of years for that to occur
You might ask why this is even important and I'll say it's because of the truth...

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not ruling out the existence of a supreme being or other stuffs like that but the Judeo-Christian deity isn't the only deity that exists and there were others that existed before it and the Bible we're reading today doesn't even come close to what it was at the initial point.

I'm sorry for the late response. I live in an entirely different time zone
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Judybash93(m): 1:49am On Jun 24, 2019
TrajansKong:
This must be the dumbest thread I have ever read on Nairaland. These stories from the Bible are myths, metaphor, legends and folklore created to introduce ideas ideas to societies and cultures where most could not read. For example, Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden = the consequences of knowledge acquisition and self-awareness. Noah's Ark= the rewards of obedience to higher authority and duties thereunto.

The writers of these stories could NEVER in their wildest dreams have imagined a population of adults so dommm as to actually believe in a woman turning to a pillar of salt, a 500 year old man (Noah) spending 100 years to build a boat containing 2 of each life form on Earth, a man living in the belly of a whale, a talking snake, a talking donkey etc, etc...

This is deeply, deeply troubling...

What hurts me the most is that people are actually taking the stories literally... It's like listening to tales from my grandmother. I was born into a Christian family o

4 Likes

Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by bixton(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2019
Funaki:

you like arguing with people that are hidebound. Adam to Abraham is 20 generations, Abraham to Jesus is 42 generations. So, 2000 years ago, we've only had 62 generations of homo sapiens according to the bible. Anyone arguing this is just trying to shift goal post. 62 generations can't even make up to 10000 years.

What number of years makes a generation?
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by bixton(m): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2019
Judybash93:

I like the way you argue. No sentiments.. I'm impressed
In relation to Mount Everest, sure, there's evidence to prove that at a point the earth's outer layer was a massive supercontinent named Vaalbara and other subsequent ones that appeared over the course of the years. The constant movement of the crust have been observed in the various tectonic plates around the world and this gives birth to mountain folds and the movements can also be attributed to events such as earthquakes and the likes... Those folds have been attributed to create mountain folds such as the Himalayas (that's where mount Everest is), atlas, Andes and the rest... In relation to other stuffs like how birds adapted to flying and how fish adapted to living in water.... It's called adaptation and it takes a shitload of years for that to occur
You might ask why this is even important and I'll say it's because of the truth...

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not ruling out the existence of a supreme being or other stuffs like that but the Judeo-Christian deity isn't the only deity that exists and there were others that existed before it and the Bible we're reading today doesn't even come close to what it was at the initial point.

I'm sorry for the late response. I live in an entirely different time zone

Apologies....
Can you expantiate on the bold.
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by bixton(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2019
The major reason man will never understand God and will continue to theorize.......
Psalm 78:2

New International Version
I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, things from of old--

Christian Standard Bible
I will declare wise sayings; I will speak mysteries from the past--

International Standard Version
I will tell a parable, speaking riddles from long ago—

Propagandists of evolution will only try but will never get near.

God is the Supreme Creator, a Supernatural Being with an Essence of Spirituality whose word(s) are forever dynamic.
Till you understand this, you'll never know creation
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Judybash93(m): 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
bixton:

Apologies....
Can you expantiate on the bold.

First of all, Christianity isn't the oldest religion. With that being said, there have been a number of religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, African traditional religions, Zoroaster and a lots more that existed way before the birth of Jesus himself. These religions had and still have various supreme beings that they attribute the creation of the world to and these so called beings are characteristically different from what we know in relation to the Judeo-Christian God.
Now, in relation to the Bible, the book has been changed a number of times over the years and there has been removal and addition of words along with books referred to as the apocryphal... And with the addition of various versions that we have today, things have further changed...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by DrProf(m): 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
Lordave:
But he hardened the heart of Pharoa.

Bible is just shít admit it and be free.
Bible is pure nonsense
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by Funaki: 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
bixton:

What number of years makes a generation?
Genesis 5 and Genesis 11 give the number of years between each father to son from Adam to Abraham. Approximately 2183 years between Adam to Abraham. That was even when men lived up to 900+ years. After Abraham, people barely lived 120 years. Scholars put Abraham to Jesus as 2000 years. I'm not sure how they got it.
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by eodavids(m): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
TrajansKong:

You mean to tell us that the creator of the Universe - the creator of EVERYTHING - has a rival??

There is permissiveness in Gods approach to people, things and circumstances.

In fact, its God permissive will that you keep typing your key Board even in disrespect to Him; after all, when you convert to Godliness you will forsake this foolishness. If however your life ends miserably like this, then you will learn what the frog learnt at an odd hour: THAT THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF WATER undecided
Re: Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes by TrajansKong: 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
eodavids:

There is permissiveness in Gods approach to people, things and circumstances.

In fact, its God permissive will that you keep typing your key Board even in disrespect to Him; after all, when you convert to Godliness you will forsake this foolishness. If however your life ends miserably like this, then you will learn what the frog learnt at an odd hour: THAT THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF WATER undecided

Nothing you've just written in any way explains your bizarre belief that the creator of time, space, the universe and everything in it has a rival!!

What are you talking about? grin grin

How does this make any sense.

...and please don't revert to the usual Christian lowkey threats and ultimatums about lives ending miserably and intimations of Hellfire. It makes you and your coreligionists look bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Special Offering For Boko Haram Victims On December 7, 2014 / Great Bible Contradictions / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.