Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? (44655 Views)

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Phygo(m): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2019
A
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by sisisioge: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2019
grin grin grin

Hes getting a good bargain fa if he's in Lagos. Low income earners in Lagos hardly have much of a choice when dealing with percentage income expended on rent.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2019
Rent apartments you can pay for conveniently. Don’t live in a house you struggle to pay yearly. Let’s plan our lives and live within our means. Save more and spend less.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by jacobnel(m): 8:00am On Jun 23, 2019
Before nko! no be for your own safety?
Goodplace:
If Someone is in a work of 80k per month can he afford a place of 200k with no side income yet?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Tchange1(m): 8:00am On Jun 23, 2019
Goodplace:
If Someone is in a work of 80k per month can he afford a place of 200k with no side income yet?

Why not

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Maket: 8:00am On Jun 23, 2019
Proximity to your place of work is very important.
3 months Salary for rent is also too much.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by safindakas(m): 8:01am On Jun 23, 2019
To whom brian is given, sense is required.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by dangoteinlaw: 8:02am On Jun 23, 2019
gurunlocker:
Yes, it is wise... Comfort over anything.

I can't go to work since morning and come back to an uncomfortable apartment.
some neighborhood self go make you run leave your apartment lol, comfort is everything o. A nice apartment with chilly air conditioners plus other utilities to make life easier and less stressful jaare

17 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by tiwiex(m): 8:03am On Jun 23, 2019
SoNature:

I don't think it is okay, especially if you live in Lagos.

Look for a house of maximum 100k.

If someone tells u that your 3 months' salaries will pay your rent, it simply means that the person hasn't worked before.

The reason is that no man can save all his salary, unless you steal from your company.

You may pay the rent the first time because you saved up for it, but subsequent occasions will not be funny.

Remember you will feed, tithe, send money home, transport to work, and booze grin

A word, for the wise, is enough

It really depends on cost of transport. The 100k apartment might be so far from work that you could easily consume the saved 100k on transportation and head ache. Safety can also be an issue. I think two month or even three is fine. We Nigerians love to suffer and end up suffering more when we over calculate these imaginary savings on rent. Pay it and move on. The higher your rent, the more expoaed your neighbours. You could be running away from access to better job opportunities. We bottle ourselves a lot an live uncomfortably in perperuity. No guts, no glory.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by jacobnel(m): 8:03am On Jun 23, 2019
Before nko! No for your own safety and sweat?
Goodplace:
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2019
OP in understand you, 100k or even 150k house is like a slum a shii buh 200k is okay, if you have hope for a salary increment in the coming months you can get it...

But better ready to do calculation.. Like keeping 20k unconditional monthly so by a year you will have 240k..

Side income also comes in handy here.

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Pavarottii(m): 8:04am On Jun 23, 2019
fireback:

Any one year rent that cost more than my two month salary is not worth it... Presently my one year rent is less than my salary in one month. All you need do is save up to half you monthly salary for a year especially if you're still single, use it to buy land, no matter how small the land is and start building your own house. If you re buying a land in a developed place, the land might be smaller but if you're buying from a developing area, you might get a bigger space. All depends on the area you want. Am not just talking but speaking from experience.
Is this ur advice for this guy? Or someone else?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by donogaga(m): 8:04am On Jun 23, 2019
Offpoint1:
Why not, your 3 months salary don cover up the rent

Its achievable. However, this is subject to the proximity between his crib and place of work.. And again, there are some other expenses that tends to show up unexpectedly along the line.

If he is a bachelor, it would be quite easy for him to cope.

He should just maintain a strict budget. Financial discipline is key.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Pavarottii(m): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2019
SoNature:

If someone tells u that your 3 months' salaries will pay your rent, it simply means that the person hasn't worked before.

The reason is that no man can save all his salary, unless you steal from your company.

You may pay the rent the first time because you saved up for it, but subsequent occasions will not be funny.

Remember you will feed, tithe, send money home, transport to work, and booze grin

Where do u guys see house for 100k ??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Pavarottii(m): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2019
SoNature:

Where do u guys see house for 100k ?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by dangoteinlaw: 8:05am On Jun 23, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Haba bros

One month salary bigger than your 1year rent

Hmm. U dey mean o. And you have a smart move but have it in mind that sometimes getting a personal house might be a liability. Its always an asset no doubt but without the right setup and money e fit no favour u o.

I am saying this because i know someone who suffered himself did this same method just like you just because he was fantasicing a getting a beautiful house. He went through all that stress and got the house.

2 years later unfortunately lost his job and and had to sell that house.

@princeking2
Sometimes rent is not such a bad thing. No be must to be landlord attimes. Having cash and a steady source of income is the shit. So that even when you finally get a house you have nothing to worry about
I have seen so many landlords become tenants so many times that even the word landlord doesn't freak me anymore. Most landlords in my areas can't even fees themselves properly, the only time they look well is when one tenants rent expires. Mtcheew

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by amaben2020(m): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2019
Set your priorities right, you've not achieved anything yet but wanna live like a King, I advise you to get a rent of 120k max to avoid stress

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 23, 2019
alot of people are talking some dont even have a job see that one is talking about land n house with 80k, bro u can simply pay for it 80k a month is enough, just budget period, u use 40k a month save 40k until ur rent is fully saved then u can start buying stuff, simple.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Memberclub(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Too expensive

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Olaabdul01: 8:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Yes
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Op it's OK. That's 20k from your salary every month.
Good morning Fam. Hope we slept well?
THAT MOUNTAIN IS CONFRONTING YOU SURMOUNTABLE

*For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Mark 11:23*

Today, we will be encouraged about the temporary dimension of the "mountain" present in your life. All God's people must rise up, and deal with that mountain that makes life miserable. Yes, you can overcome that mountain and walk into victory made possible by the light and power of God with whom all things are possible. Matthew 19:26.

The mountain is any problem in life’s path. You can not be defeated by that mountain. That mountain is not present to "ruin" and "remove" you from glory and destiny but to be a stepping stone into greatness according to the promises of God. All things works together for your good.

A mountain therefore is anything that hinders your growth, development, progress and success. It can be a mindset, hatred, hardship, difficulty, setbacks, poverty, crisis, conflicts, unforgiveness, demotion, broken relationship, delay, malice, suicidal attempts, business politics, depression, ignorance, stumbling blocks, government instability, peer pressure etc. Be rest assured that the very same God who delivered the children of Israelites from the land of Egypt, the very same God who delivered Daniel from the Lions Den, the three Hebrew men from the burning furnace, and who resurrected Jesus from death; that God is ever ready to deliver you too.

The question now is; are you ready to do your own part? Go ahead and walk like Jesus. Look at John 11:38-44, Jesus said to Martha, if you believe, you see the glory of God. The saviour Jesus, called forth Lazarus from the dead, and Lazarus came forth. He also spoke to the fig tree, and presently the fig tree withered away; Matthew 21:19. You are not immune to mountains. But you have the God given power to trample upon it. Build confidence and be courageous, never lose your gaze on God. *Hebrews 12:2 says, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.* They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abides forever. (Psalm 125:1)

According to the text up, you must speak to the mountain in faith and God will see to its displacement. God is bigger than all the mountains you are seeing right now. Faith comes by looking at God while fear comes by looking at the mountain. When you keep your focus on Him, you will become like Him and act like Him and see your mountains disappear.

Every mountain of financial debt, joblessness, infirmities, depression, set backs, stagnancy etc, in your life that has crippled you I command them to be uprooted supernaturally in Jesus Name.

We command supernatural debt clearance like God did for the widow’s prophet in the scriptures.

*Go ahead and channel your authority towards every mountain that might be standing in your way today in the name of Jesus. Amen*

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by udemzyudex(m): 8:09am On Jun 23, 2019
Goodplace:

No, even if you stay in a house that's still OK, you can get a room self contain or room and parlour self contain around #120-#140 depending on location.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by macAB: 8:09am On Jun 23, 2019
[quote author=Bestinstinct post=79589523]
This one can't work in Abuja o....one just have to look for multiple streams of income ni or better still live in slums. I support u Bros: Abuja is different

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by BabaIbo: 8:09am On Jun 23, 2019
Some peeps here don't stay in Lagos, you will know from their response...

I know someone living in a 130k per year house with 30k job, I also know someone that paid 250k for an apartment with a 60k job(with a side hustle of similar amount you his salary), I also know someone living in an apartment of around 200k with a job of 50k...

Different rules for different locations.

Modified: OP, you didn't tell us if that amount is the total package i.e including the agent and agreement or just the subsequent payment... either ways it is not bad, you only need to derive a side hustle to help you cut the expenses

10 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Godspower35(m): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2019
As a man,you must have at least 3 sources of income if you want to survive the hardship of naija,another question is do you pay you kids school fee , feeding , transport. The truth is you can survive with that in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by salbis(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2019
ugo4u:
The rules are simple.
1) Never spend more than 10% of your income on house rent.
2) Save atleast 10% of your salary.
3) The remaining percentage can be used at your discretion.
4) Rule 1 and 2 are extremely important.
Rule this, rule that. Who set the rules? Different strokes for different folks.

16 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by shege45: 8:12am On Jun 23, 2019
That means we wey dey earn 35k suppose go back village

18 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Rosarie(f): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2019
fireback:

Any one year rent that cost more than my two month salary is not worth it... Presently my one year rent is less than my salary in one month. All you need do is save up to half you monthly salary for a year especially if you're still single, use it to buy land, no matter how small the land is and start building your own house. If you re buying a land in a developed place, the land might be smaller but if you're buying from a developing area, you might get a bigger space. All depends on the area you want. Am not just talking but speaking from experience.
depends on ur location
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2019
SoNature:

People actually tithe for real? shocked

11 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by dingbang(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2019
I Cant do that.
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by adanny01(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2019
Goodplace:

Are you married with kids? That question determines the answer i can give you.
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by shege45: 8:14am On Jun 23, 2019
BabaIbo:
Some peeps here don't stay in Lagos, you will know from their response...

I know someone living in a 130k per year house with 30k job, I also know someone that paid 250k for an apartment with a 60k job(with a side hustle of similar amount you his salary), I also know someone living in an apartment of around 200k with a job of 50k...
plan truth. I just dey laff 100k House. Dat one na agent and agreement fee

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Share Your Remote Job/ Hustle / Job Interview Questions And Excellent Sample Responses / A Painful Lesson I Learnt From An Access Bank Interview For A Marketing Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.