Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,314 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! (5239 Views)

Man Crashes A Borrowed Benz In Delta (Photos) / 2019 A-Class Sedan Is The Cheapest 2019 Mercedes-Benz / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2019
cluewebhost:

No power o!

Come and Buy Web Hosting or build Website na money we dey find grin
Thank you for your time. We have demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that Mercedes Benz sedans outlast Toyota by a large margin. No time for ping pong.

4 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 11:21am On Jun 27, 2019
nurey:

stop talking trash the E20 is available today today bring 4.2m and it's yours.

The crown too are available but not for sale

Kpele. No time to give you the attention you desperately seek.

2 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 11:31am On Jun 27, 2019
weyreypey:

Kpele. No time to give you the attention you desperately seek.
1988 Carina II we die here today

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2019
cluewebhost:

No power o!
Come and Buy Web Hosting or build Website na money we dey find grin
may God lift you higher always, that's what the company I work for does too.

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by billy187(m): 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
This is a difficult debate, as the reliability for both brands has not remained stable over the years.

Mercedes up to the late 90s overengineered their cars- they pretty much built them like tanks. However much later 90s and early 00s saw Mercedes reliability go to the dogs. Just compare the number of W124s to W211s on our roads now (let's not even bring in the W123 grin ). Waaay more W124s!

Toyota has been arguably more stable, with their modern vehicles being very reliable, as well as most of their older ones.

So in this light, the question has a two pronged answer; a present day Toyota would easily oultlast a present day Mercedes; however the LEAST likely to die car EVER would definitely have a three pointed star on its bonnet.

3 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
billy187:
This is a difficult debate, as the reliability for both brands has not remained stable over the years.

Mercedes up to the late 90s overengineered their cars- they pretty much built them like tanks. However much later 90s and early 00s saw Mercedes reliability go to the dogs. Just compare the number of W124s to W211s on our roads now (let's not even bring in the W123 grin ). Waaay more W124s!

Toyota has been arguably more stable, with their modern vehicles being very reliable, as well as most of their older ones.

So in this light, the question has a two pronged answer; a present day Toyota would easily oultlast a present day Mercedes; however the LEAST likely to die car EVER would definitely have a three pointed star on its bonnet.

Cost of Mercedes Benz subscription has been prohibitive, hence most unfavorable comments

3 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2019
Star logo all the way
Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by mammanbawa: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2019
billy187:

Let's compare models of the same year
I'm pro Mercedes and I agree with what you say
I think comparing merc to Toyota is an abuse
They're not in the same category
The same class of vehicles from both brands if compared
Merc will cost almost twice the amount of what the Toyota will cost
2016 CLA cost more than 2019 corolla

2 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2019
mammanbawa:

Let's compare models of the same year
I'm pro Mercedes and I agree with what you say
I think comparing merc to Toyota is an abuse
They're not in the same category
The same class of vehicles from both brands if compared
Merc will cost almost twice the amount of what the Toyota will cost
2016 CLA cost more than 2019 corolla

CLA IS a subcompact EXECUTIVE car

Corolla is a compact car.

The most appropriate comparison would be Lexus IS, CT, HS. we all know Toyota luxury division is Lexus so when comparing recent vehicles of Toyota with luxury vehicles always pick lexus.

just like I won't pitch a S600 with a Rolls-Royce I would rather pick the S65 AMG OR the Mercedes Maybach
Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
nurey:

The most appropriate comparison would be Lexus IS, CT, HS. we all know Toyota luxury division is Lexus so when comparing recent vehicles of Toyota with luxury vehicles always pick lexus.

just like I won't pitch a S600 with a Rolls-Royce I would rather pick the S65 AMG OR the Mercedes Maybach

when you are mentioning lexus let do so in comparison with the AMG's, and S Klasse the beginning of Benz Luxury divisions since Toyota's sense of Luxury ends with the yeye Lexus cheesy cheesy oniyeye

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2019
weyreypey:

when you are mentioning lexus let do so in comparison with the AMG's, and S Klasse the beginning of Benz Luxury divisions since Toyota's sense of Luxury ends with the yeye Lexus cheesy cheesy oniyeye

What exactly do you want? your hatred for Japanese marque is worst than the sting of a death stalker.

just tell us what you want to hear make we call malu broda
Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 10:57pm On Jun 28, 2019
nurey:

What exactly do you want? your hatred for Japanese marque is worst than the sting of a death stalker.

j

to each alfa his ablution kettle

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by mammanbawa: 8:04am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

Okay
Let's go
C450 against Lexus IS350
LS600 vs S600
GS350 vs E300/400
RX350 vs GLE350
LX570 vs GLS580
G wagon no get mate sef
New A class sedan vs HS

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 8:14am On Jun 29, 2019
mammanbawa:

Okay
Let's go
C450 against Lexus IS350
LS600 vs S600
GS350 vs E300/400
RX350 vs GLE350
LX570 vs GLS580
G wagon no get mate sef
New A class sedan vs HS

The GLS competes with the GX Lexus

Gwagon would be LX Lexus.

This thread is about outlast so this thread won't cut it, besides we Don battle so many times concerning this don't you think we should sheath our swords and let old wounds heal grin
Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by mammanbawa: 9:04am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

The GLS competes with the GX Lexus

Gwagon would be LX Lexus.

This thread is about outlast so this thread won't cut it, besides we Don battle so many times concerning this don't you think we should sheath our swords and let old wounds heal grin

Well
The Gwagon has outlasted any Japanese SUV in history. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 9:32am On Jun 29, 2019
mammanbawa:

Well
The Gwagon has outlasted any Japanese SUV in history. I rest my case

You Sha want to fight Sha, ok here is a piece of history

The G wagon was ever produced in 1979 first ever production year and it is still available till date.

The landcruiser first ever production was the J20/J30 in 1955 to 1960

Then came the J40 which I have seen countless times on third mainland bridge down to sura it is only used as a towing vehicle currently. it ran from 1960 to 1984

The J70 land cruiser ran from 1984 till date along side the regular land cruiser. The J70 is purely a tough vehicle nothing luxurious about it and quote me anywhere the G-wagon is no mate to it even if both were equipped with snorkel.

The landcruiser is still older than the Gwagon if we start from the J40 because I have never sight the J20 or 30 before.

so 1960 - 1979 = 19years, took Benz 19years to copy Toyota successfully to manufacture the G-wagon.

Now let's take another scenario when you talk of rugged, reliability and dependability. The desert area is a very treacherous road to conquer that's why terrorist, bandits and mauraders don't use any other vehicle than the Toyota Hilux and the Land cruiser J70 for carrying weapons, you will never sight a G wagon because it's unreliable and not dependable.

counter my claim with facts thank you

Also read about the TOYOTA WAR I have never heard of the Benz war smiley

2 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by valarinz: 9:46am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

just tell us what you want to hear make we call malu broda

Don't you feel same way about volvo?

Shouldn't be a problem

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by valarinz: 9:50am On Jun 29, 2019
At times I wonder how guys will just wake up and carry someone else's biz for head like gala. Countless Google research done to win superiority argument on NL, some even heading out to the streets to take pics.

If I fight for the Volvo brand here, the reason is obvious, another example: if gazzuzz begin preach Toyota gospel too I'll understand and will steer off his biz

But what I can't seem to understand is the back and forth that's been going on in this thread since. Can someone help me out?

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by mammanbawa: 9:55am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

The G wagon was ever produced in 1979 first ever production year and it is still available till date.

Then came the J40 which I have seen countless times on third mainland bridge down to sura it is only used as a towing vehicle currently. it ran from 1960 to 1984

The J70 land cruiser ran from 1984 till date along side the regular land cruiser. The J70 is purely a tough vehicle nothing luxurious about it and quote me anywhere the G-wagon is no mate to it even if both were equipped with snorkel.

The landcruiser is still older than the Gwagon if we start from the J40 because I have never sight the J20 or 30 before.

so 1960 - 1979 = 19years, took Benz 19years to copy Toyota successfully to manufacture the G-wagon.

Now let's take another scenario when you talk of rugged, reliability and dependability. The desert area is a very treacherous road to conquer that's why terrorist, bandits and mauraders don't use any other vehicle than the Toyota Hilux and the Land cruiser J70 for carrying weapons, you will never sight a G wagon because it's unreliable and not dependable.

The hilux top gear used that time is meant for aliens not humans grin grin grin

Gwagon too cost for terrorists
Bye grin

3 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 9:55am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

Toyota sedan in a war? Pictures please!! Read the title and act accordingly!!

Then I'd oblige you with Mercedes Benz cars used in wars!!

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 9:57am On Jun 29, 2019
mammanbawa:

The hilux top gear used that time is meant for aliens not humans grin grin grin

Gwagon too cost for terrorists
Bye grin

3 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2019
Apart from being too expensive.... Mercedes Benz doesn't sell their gwagen carelessly.....

Nurey now grab your pen.......

Although Daimler-Benz is best known for its Mercedes-Benz automobile brand, during World War II, it also created a notable series of aircraft, tank, and submarine engines. Daimler also produced parts for German arms, most notably barrels for the Mauser rifle.

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by mammanbawa: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2019
[quote author=weyreypey post=79773065][/quote]

Na lie?

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2019
valarinz:

Don't you feel same way about volvo?
Shouldn't be a problem
Provide Evidence to back up your claim
Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 11:15am On Jun 29, 2019
weyreypey:
Apart from being too expensive.... Mercedes Benz doesn't sell their gwagen carelessly.....

Nurey now grab your pen.......

Although Daimler-Benz is best known for its Mercedes-Benz automobile brand, during World War II, it also created a notable series of aircraft, tank, and submarine engines. Daimler also produced parts for German arms, most notably barrels for the Mauser rifle.

Stop Hearsay, backup your claim with facts and evidence
Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2019
valarinz:
At times I wonder how guys will just wake up and carry someone else's biz for head like gala. Countless Google research done to win superiority argument on NL, some even heading out to the streets to take pics.

If I fight for the Volvo brand here, the reason is obvious, another example: if gazzuzz begin preach Toyota gospel too I'll understand and will steer off his biz

But what I can't seem to understand is the back and forth that's been going on in this thread since. Can someone help me out?

Nobody has ever gone to your car advert thread and claim prospective buyers to rather purchase another brand instead of Volvo, yes cosplay may have busted you for wrong misinterpretation of cars you have for sale but he has not told anybody to rather buy another brand than what you have for sale.

I am not going to make you happy by recommending Volvo if it's not on par with the competitor in question you can take that my statement to the bank, but I will never rubbish Volvo either, because I respect them DEARLY.
Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by seunoj: 11:33am On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

Nobody has ever gone to your car advert thread and claim prospective buyers to rather purchase another brand instead of Volvo, yes cosplay may have busted you for wrong misinterpretation of cars you have for sale but he has not told anybody to rather buy another brand than what you have for sale.

I am not going to make you happy by recommending Volvo if it's not on par with the competitor in question you can take that my statement to the bank, but I will never rubbish Volvo either, because I respect them DEARLY.

If Gazzuzz comes out to day Volvo is a study brand with analysis based on our environment? What happens

3 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2019
seunoj:

If Gazzuzz comes out to day Volvo is a study brand with analysis based on our environment? What happens

Whether Gazzuzz acknowledge the Volvo brand or not, it doesn't take away the fact that Volvo is a good brand. I have never said volvo is bad or not worth buying, in practical usage you don't buy certain cars for use.

Every vehicle type would use fuel

Every vehicle type would need part replacement

Every vehicle would need a knowledgeable Technician to work on it

These are parameters you apply to a region to determine if a vehicle is worth buying or not.

3 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by thebigkendo(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2019
seunoj:

He actually has done that so many times grin grin
Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2019
nurey:

Stop Hearsay, backup your claim with facts and evidence
Hehehe nurey my obalende friend.... Just park well .... Never compare Mercedes Benz sedans with any nonsense vehicle again....be it Lexus, Toyota, infinity, Acura or whatever... Mercedes has been there and done all!!

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by weyreypey: 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
Nurey screenshot this and save it!!

2 Likes

Re: Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! by nurey(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
weyreypey:

Hehehe nurey my obalende friend.... Just park well .... Never compare Mercedes Benz sedans with any nonsense vehicle again....be it Lexus, Toyota, infinity, Acura or whatever... Mercedes has been there and done all!!

As your Lord Pleases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Weeks I Have Order My Car From Coutonu / C300 Or 335i? / Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.