Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,431 members, 7,830,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (427305 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
brijibs:
Omo, this sonran call I picked sha... The rep can stutter for state! Even the customer is tired of the convo. 3minutes of the call left, my head is almost bursting!
Rated! 5! grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BrightShineSky9: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
Good day veterans
Please how can I improve from these errors: false start, inverted speakers and so on....
Please I'm tired of 1 and 2 ratings.I have read more than 70 pages on this thread. Anyway to help me out?

BRIJIBS
SAMSARD
SUPER PACK
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2019
BrightShineSky9:
Good day veterans
Please how can I improve from these errors: false start, inverted speakers and so on....
Please I'm tired of 1 and 2 ratings.I have read more than 70 pages on this thread. Anyway to help me out?

BRIJIBS
SAMSARD
SUPER PACK
False starts is an incompleted statement that shouldn't be transcribed.
E.g. below
I was about. Have you heard of XYZ
The part "I was about" is a false start. It's uncompleted and doesn't make sense.
Inverted speaker means that you labelled the speakers wrongly.
E.g
Tagged rep as customer or vice versa.
Also avoid fillers in your transcript, things like, kind of, um, uh, any word that is used excessively and has no impact on the statement.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BuzzRay(m): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
BOSS5:

The issue is not your sentence being correct. Simply, it's as a result of punctuation. Try reading more on use of pauses, periods, semicolons, colons. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation is a great place to start. More resources can be found online too. Just try reading on the topics I mentioned earlier on. There is quiz too. So, I think that helps. grin cool

Thank you for this great advice. The blue book of grammar has been really helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BuzzRay(m): 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
3RNEST:

Same question I'm asking myself about the 5 rating, please kindly help me with YouTube video of Qworld tutorial video with 5 rating job done successfully undecided

The 5 rating issue tire me. Try searching YouTube, I think are Qworld vidoes can be found there.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BuzzRay(m): 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2019
samsard:
You can make 'minor grammatical corrections'. But be careful else they markdown for paraphrasing.
I make corrections and was getting 5s, then boom! I get a rating note to avoid paraphrasing and I also decided to manage 4s for the time being.
But even seemingly bad grammar can sometimes be made right with punctuation.
I don't have a guidebook for that.
I also get those rating notes, matter of fact even Ralph told me it's basically the one rating note he'll get whenever he does get a rating note.

Alright boss. Thanks, I would definitely try to make minor grammatical corrections.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
BuzzRay:

The 5 rating issue tire me. Try searching YouTube, I think are Qworld vidoes can be found there.
See u don't get me, I need a video of someone doing QAworld jobs from the beginning and getting his 5 rating, more like a tutorial video.

Can't find any on YouTube... embarassed
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BuzzRay(m): 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2019
3RNEST:

See u don't get me, I need a video of someone doing QAworld jobs from the beginning and getting his 5 rating, more like a tutorial video.

I don't have any. But you can download their 5 rating sample transcript from their site to see how they arrange their sentences.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
BuzzRay:

I don't have any. But you can download their 5 rating sample transcript from their site to see how they arrange their sentences.
Okay, can we chat on WhatsApp?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
BuzzRay:

Alright boss. Thanks, I would definitely try to make minor grammatical corrections.
Like wrong tenses.
Do you want in place of 'did you want'
Stuff like that

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
3RNEST:

Didn't you read and agree to the privacy agreement?
This is not EFCC oh cool

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
3RNEST:

It takes about 3 weeks to get a grasp of this thing. I hope this lamentation is not coming after like 11 days.
Because I mean, that's more like an orientation period.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2019
hausadreturn:
It takes about 3 weeks to get a grasp of this thing. I hope this lamentation is not coming after like 11 days.
Because I mean, that's more like an orientation period.
3 weeks ke? I mastered it in 3 days.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
Thraedz:

Hmmmm.... 3 days? Bros na you be biko

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 3:47am On Oct 10, 2019
Thraedz:

grin
Okay Braniac.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zexzy(f): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2019
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nirco(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2019
If you're into this and you haven't gotten an AfriCard yet, please, try.
That's one of the best things you could be doing for yourself.
The money makes more sense then.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
brijibs:

Rated! 5! grin

Do you ever pick Fonding Cycle calls?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
3RNEST:

Okay, can we chat on WhatsApp?

Absolutely no one here got through this by private chatting anyone. Ask your questions here.

If you want a full review, go to slack and ask for a rating clarification. An SCC will help you.

Plus, read every review note pasted after your calls. Go to the transcribed work and see where you made those particular mistakes and make sure you never make them.

BTW

What are the major issue outlined in your review notes?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 12:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
Someone should help me in his to differentiate between finding cycle calls and collector house calls?

I can't be killing myself for less pay.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
generationz:
Someone should help me in his to differentiate between finding cycle calls and collector house calls?

I can't be killing myself for less pay.
18 minutes Funding calls have about $4 pay.
Collection calls have comparably lower pay. So, 17 minute call with $3.60 pay is undoubtedly Collection.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 3RNEST(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
generationz:

Absolutely no one here got through this by private chatting anyone. Ask your questions here.

If you want a full review, go to slack and ask for a rating clarification. An SCC will help you.

Plus, read every review note pasted after your calls. Go to the transcribed work and see where you made those particular mistakes and make sure you never make them.

BTW

What are the major issue outlined in your review notes?
Don't u think a WhatsApp group will ease the stress here, or u think everyone knows slack?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
3RNEST:

Don't u think a WhatsApp group will ease the stress here, or u think everyone knows slack?
sad in case you don't know. A nairaland thread is a reference material, all the information can be referred to and is open to the public. If this was on a WhatsApp group I wouldn't have known about it. Also, suggesting WhatsApp groups is against nairaland rules, many here got better by following directions on here, some quietly.
And if you're not on Slack, you're not ready to be a transcriber on Qa

5 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
3RNEST:

Lol.. I understand your pain bro. Let me tell you the bitter truth. Your first account will be deactivated as a newbie due to ratings. Your second account may follow, that's if you are a slow learner. Just have it at the back of your mind that you'll keep pushing till you finally get better. Pay attention to the rating notes. Ask for a review at slack or bring it here for help. Start with 5 minutes calls for now then you'll gradually move up. Remember say na 9ja blood dy run through your veins, we no dy back down..

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
generationz:

Do you ever pick Fonding Cycle calls?

US, yes. Occasionally. UK, NEVER! I don't have the patience needed to work on those.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
Guys, please help. I finally added my card and I'm trying to withdraw, but each, I'm prompted to contact customer service. Is there sometging I'm doing anything wrong?
I clicked the Withdraw Fund button and followed the prompt. But, this is the response I get:
Sorry, but we need more information. Please contact Customer Service for assistance.
I'm scared to contact them, for obvious reasons. Or should I contact them?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
If you are finding it difficult to get 5, 4 or even 3 ratings on QA platform, stop looking for someone to mentor you.
1. Go and read thoroughly:
a. QA FAQ that contains the rules, guidelines and the DOs and DON'Ts
b. QA Sample Transcripts.

2. Avoid calls with British accent, focus on American calls.

3. Duration for 3 mins call should be 1 hr, 6 mins call is 2 hrs, 9 mins is 3 hrs, and so forth.

4. Go to slack(query desk) and learn from people there.

5. Study sentence structure, punctuation, grammar, etc.

6. Always utilise google to get names of companies, brand, etc.

7. Look at the glossary for clues.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
brijibs:
Guys, please help. I finally added my card and I'm trying to withdraw, but each, I'm prompted to contact customer service. Is there sometging I'm doing anything wrong?
I clicked the Withdraw Fund button and followed the prompt. But, this is the response I get:
Sorry, but we need more information. Please contact Customer Service for assistance.
I'm scared to contact them, for obvious reasons. Or should I contact them?

Check your account limit page, may be you have reached it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
3RNEST:

grin grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2019
brijibs:

US, yes. Occasionally. UK, NEVER! I don't have the patience needed to work on those.

Hian how do you do it then?

Is it that you are lucky everyday to get American calls?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Check your account limit page, may be you have reached it.

How do I check that?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
brijibs:

How do I check that?
under settings, I think the last option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.