Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (427324 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 6:56am On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
I got the new transcription interface today, well organised, more release tokens, user friendly, mobile and desktop friendly, and above all no more empty timestamps. Reduced chances of inverted speakers due to total label color implementation.

Today, huh? Sounds so good, I can hardly wait for it to be fully implemented across board.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 7:26am On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
I got the new transcription interface today, well organised, more release tokens, user friendly, mobile and desktop friendly, and above all no more empty timestamps. Reduced chances of inverted speakers due to total label color implementation.
I actually just got it now after a refresh of my page. I have to say it does look smooth. very mobile friendly. the glossary and all those things on the side don't interfere anymore, still need to get used to it though.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:08am On Oct 12, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

I actually just got it now after a refresh of my page. I have to say it does look smooth. very mobile friendly. the glossary and all those things on the side don't interfere anymore, still need to get used to it though.
I am telling you, no more page overlap. plus you can now play the entire audio.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 8:14am On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
I am telling you, no more page overlap. plus you can now play the entire audio.

Take it easy rubbing it joor... undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 12, 2019
The new platform is cool, the only downside is that the audio files can't be downloaded anymore.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Obascoetubi: 9:15am On Oct 12, 2019
Just for social task & earn
https://tokenhell.com/Aboaa94re

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2019
transfer2019:
The new platform is cool, the only downside is that the audio files can't be downloaded anymore.
Which would be a good thing because it's against the privacy policy in the FIRST place.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 12, 2019
samsard:
Which would be a good thing because it's against the privacy policy in the FIRST place.

Yeah, you are right. I mean, It's quicker and helps with precision on geographical locations.
I wish there was a way still on that, anyway.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bountiouz: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2019
Just thinking.... If the new transcription page has continuous audio play, wouldn't it be stressful using it on phone with the back and forth pausing, playing and rewinding to catch every word?

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:29am On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
HOw many release tokens?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:56am On Oct 12, 2019
hausadreturn:
HOw many release tokens?
5 for "Flag call''which is inaudible, voicemail and poor audio. Another 5 Release token for call preference and company preference. total is equal to 10.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2019
bountiouz:
Just thinking.... If the new transcription page has continuous audio play, wouldn't it be stressful using it on phone with the back and forth pausing, playing and rewinding to catch every word?
Allen said that the team is working to add the timestamp. but this will lead to missing response as it is in the old page.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
5 for "Flag call''which is inaudible, voicemail and poor audio. Another 5 Release token for call preference and company preference. total is equal to 10.
Interesting.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Allen said that the team is working to add the timestamp. but this will lead to missing response as it is in the old page.
Continuous play should still be available.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2019
The cons on this new interface overweighs the pros for me.

The only pros I can see is that, making an inverted speaker error is almost now impossible. And, for those using mobile phones, you don't have to worry about the difficulty when your transcript is is obstructed by the tabs on the right hand side while typing.

The Cons?

1. Now, you have to always click pause and play every time. Back when there were timestamps, one could just play an entire short timestamp and not worry about pausing the audio because it will stop at the end of the timestamp.

2. When I'm transcribing and I encounter inaudibles, I don't waste time on them. I label them with the inaudible symbol and come back to them once I'm done with the entire transcription. Before, all I had to do is click on the timestamp that has an inaudible and the audio will begin to play. But, now, I have to start rewinding or fast forwarding the audio to the exact point of the inaudible just so I can listen to it again... HECTIC.

3. The biggest con for me is this. I use a mobile phone. So, what this means in this new interface is that I have to always scroll down to the bottom anytime I want to pause, play, forward or rewind the audio. Imagine having to always scroll down countless number of times to do this. And then, you scroll back up again to type. FRUSTRATING.. I spent 4 hours on a call I typically only spend 2 hours on.

I'm not thrilled about this new interface at all. Even more so because the supposed pros weren't really an issue for me before.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2019
And AI transcript on this, is a waste. Because it's not segmented. You have everything all Hodgepodged together.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bountiouz: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:

Better.

The issue of missing audio was largely addressed with the LMT button. You only get very few seconds of missing audio sometimes. And the ESC key works that out for you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2019
Everyone is talking about new interface when I'm yet to get it. embarassed
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
Is it just me or what?

I transcribe with a phone and the new qa world platform is difficult to navigate through.

I have to click on stuff multiple times correct something. It's not the same she I'm typing on other pages on Chrome.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
generationz:
Is it just me or what?

I transcribe with a phone and the new qa world platform is difficult to navigate through.

I have to click on stuff multiple times correct something. It's not the same she I'm typing on other pages on Chrome.
Remember the new user interface is still in Beta form so there is still room for improvement. Allen said all our concerns will be addressed before they roll out the new transcription page to all their users. I believe what made them to initiate a new transcription page is to accommodate mobile users which makeup about 50% of their total transcribers.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2019
[quote author=generationz post=83071158]Is it just me or what?

I have to click on stuff multiple times correct something. It's not the same she I'm typing on other pages on Chrome.[/quote]

Rephrase @bolded, please.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Remember the new user interface is still in Beta form so there is still room for improvement. Allen said all our concerns will be addressed before they roll out the new transcription page to all their users. I believe what made them to initiate a new transcription page is to accommodate mobile users which makeup about 50% of their total transcribers.
Mobile what? Lol.. This new interface is a Mobile phone users nightmare
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:

By the way, how were you able to make all the function keys on your hacker's keyboard appear at the main keyboard layout. Mine doesn't appear on the main layout. I have to click fn to see them. I've gone through the settings but can't find a way to do it

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2019
brijibs:

Okay. On it.
How far?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thraedz:

By the way, how were you able to make all the function keys on your hacker's keyboard appear at the main keyboard layout. Mine doesn't appear on the main layout. I have to click fn to see them. I've gone through the settings but can't find a way to do it
Go to "grsture and key settings. Set it just like in the screenshot below, If you want to use it when working press your "Volume up key" and it will look like the screenshot below.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BuzzRay(m): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
3RNEST:
Okay, can we chat on WhatsApp?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BuzzRay(m): 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
samsard:
Like wrong tenses. Do you want in place of 'did you want' Stuff like that
thanks Got my first 5 rating.
@BOSS5, that book really helped. Thank you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thraedz:

This is how my setting page looks like, you can copy it. But I use a tablet so modify the keyboard size.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:

I see
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thraedz:

Mobile what? Lol.. This new interface is a Mobile phone users nightmare

I tire o.
angry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
[quote author=brijibs post=83073194][/quote]

I have to click on stuff multiple times correct something. It's not the same as typing on other pages on Chrome e.g on nairaland.

Typing this statement here was hitch free and I could easily correct any mistakes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.