Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,916 members, 7,810,520 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422561 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 8:49am On Nov 11, 2019
Mekanus:
Yes I use the calculations.

Hmm... And you still find it difficult to decipher what's being said? Did you download technical kepboard on phone to assist you in slowing the audio speed? Volume booster to increase the volume of the audio? If you've done all that, and its still difficult, then you need to train your ears by watching lots of American movies and series (especially the ones without subtitle).
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2019
brijibs:

Hmm... And you still find it difficult to decipher what's being said? Did you download technical kepboard on phone to assist you in slowing the audio speed? Volume booster to increase the volume of the audio? If you've done all that, and its still difficult, then you need to train your ears by watching lots of American movies and series (especially the ones without subtitle).
I don't have any of those yet. How do I get the volume booster?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:03am On Nov 11, 2019
This thread is a gold mine,i would soon graduate. My question is if we can transcribe words like Ehen, Urm, cos i hear things like that? Am stil getting a 2,just started.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Valwezzy: 9:31am On Nov 11, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
This thread is a gold mine,i would soon graduate. My question is if we can transcribe words like Ehen, Urm, cos i hear things like that? I am still getting a 2, just started.

No, don't add it.
It's among one of the DON'Ts in Qa world's FAQ.
endeavor to read that FAQ very well, else, na 1s and 2s you go dy gather.

Good luck
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Valwezzy: 9:32am On Nov 11, 2019
Thraedz:
Prenom is on some coke. Kudos guy.

As much as I was making prep to dedicate more time to this to start pulling at least 400 mins. Sadly I can't. Starting a full time job this week. That means goodbye to QA World. Enjoy guys. Maybe on weekends I can dedicate a few hours.

Congratulations.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by LargeBreed(m): 9:33am On Nov 11, 2019
Please do you guys have a WhatsApp group?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by LargeBreed(m): 9:35am On Nov 11, 2019
Prenom:

Wow. shocked You're good, then. I think I used it thrice before, but I quickly switched to a laptop.
how do I contact you please?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 11, 2019
PattyMike:
Something similar happened to me and I was crucified here and called lazy for missing a crucial information out of haste. A naija PayPal will not even receive payment talkless of cashing out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1TiijdFxxx81cj8a1q5rXZAjeidcQyC/view?usp=drivesdk

That's the PDF guide. It's necessary you open another one
can you help me on this?
I followed the pdf well
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2019
Mekanus:
I don't have any of those yet. How do I get the volume booster?

Play store. Technical keyboard or Hacker's keyboard; volume booster.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2019
Prenom:

Wow. shocked You're good, then. I think I used it thrice before, but I quickly switched to a laptop.

Congrats. I saw your name there. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Lanty24: 9:48am On Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations @prenom Efosa.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 9:55am On Nov 11, 2019
Kingsbridge:
can you help me on this?
I followed the pdf well

Firstly turn off that Nord VPN. Don't use VPN to try to sign up.
You can use
PayPal.com/za
PayPal.com/ls

That's for south Africa and Lesotho but don't use VPN i'm 100% sure it's cus of the VPN.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2019
PattyMike:

Firstly turn off that Nord VPN. Don't use VPN to try to sign up.
You can use
PayPal.com/za
PayPal.com/ls

That's for south Africa and Lesotho but don't use VPN i'm 100% sure it's cus of the VPN.
am on it. Tnx but for the past an hour or so my account is showing there is no call to transcribe is that normal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
This thread is a gold mine,i would soon graduate. My question is if we can transcribe words like Ehen, Urm, cos i hear things like that? Am stil getting a 2,just started.

I made similar mistakes and learned from them small small. So it's crucial u learn from your mistakes. Sometimes even after reading the guidelines you might still not understand. Here's what I learned so far.
*Sometimes in calls when they're talking money you might hear just 200, 150, 20. They won't say for example 200 dollars(which will be written as $200) Instead they can just say 200. But always put the $ sign when they're talking finances irrespective of them mentioning $ or not.
* The fact that you're scoring 2s meaning you're actually doing good. You just need to take more time to correct your transcripts before submitting. Minor mistakes like using (i instead of I), no space after comma, minor spelling errors you didn't even know you made, always use capital letter with names(Samuel, Ebuka, John not samuel, ebuka, john).
* Very important use capital letter to start name of company e.g (Funding Circle not funding circle not Funding circle), Penn Foster etc. Also always check the grossary for things you might hear and don't know how to spell or how to write it down.
* Don't type out uh-huh, hmm-mm unless it's an answer to a direct question. E.g Rep: Have you paid for this service? Customer: Uh-huh. DO not transcribe yep, nope, nah, dunno(should be written as don't know.), gotcha(should be written as got you), Alright is All right.
*Always transcribe out phone number in full irrespective of interruption in the middle. E.g NOT: Cust: phone is 123. Rep: Yes. Cus: 456. Rep: yes. Cus: 789. SHOULD BE Cust: Phone number is 123-456789.
* Email should be written normally don't write dotcom. It should be .com
* Lastly the goal of your script should be that it's readable and neat. READABLE and NEAT. Don't necessarily type out what you hear if what you hear isn't going to be neat or bad Grammer. E.g avoid unnecessary So, like, you know. E don dey too much for one speaker just ignore it. Correct bad Grammar if it doesn't make sense as long as it doesn't change the content of what the speaker is trying to say e.g Instead of I will soon be going to my house write I will soon go to my house. Instead of e.g I will get on it be starting it. Write I will get on it and start it. Sometimes speakers speak very poor English, it's your Job to make your script readable, neat and clear.

Go through the guidelines very necessary and know how to use the eclipses ... The inaudible [...] And the restricted information [/].

Finally don't rush yourself take its slow and steady. Slow the audio down and cross-check it twice and you read the script yourself. Even if it's a minute you do for the whole day and pass with (3,4 or 5) you will feel a sense of accomplishment and confidence will increase. Don't look at the board and feel pressure or put pressure on yourself by rushing and going through minutes like eba. Giving yourself deadlines. Don't rush at all. Every name there grew slow and steady. In a two or three months you wey dey score 2s fit see your name there.

IMPORTANTER: Don't ever mislabel speaker if nah customer talk no write am as rep. If this is your mistake forget all I said and work on your focus grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:30am On Nov 11, 2019
Kingsbridge:
am on it. Tnx but for the past an hour or so my account is showing there is no call to transcribe is that normal?

Even mine sef it's everywhere but by noon there should be a river of calls latest 6-7pm for evening. I think it's because it was weekend so there might not be much callers or something.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:46am On Nov 11, 2019
PattyMike:

Even mine sef it's everywhere but by noon there should be a river of calls latest 6-7pm for evening. I think it's because it was weekend so there might not be much callers or something.

I think your level too. Available calls are prioritized based on level of specialty. Gold badge members get 100% visibility; silver badge, 70%, and bronze badge, 50%.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:51am On Nov 11, 2019
brijibs:

I think your level too. Available calls are prioritized based on level of specialty. Gold badge members get 100% visibility; silver badge, 70%, and bronze badge, 50%.
Probably.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2019
So depressing cheesy tongue grin....I have 14 more 5s left to go. Quick question. When I change badge that is upgrade to Silver does the pay increase from that 0.20 per minute or is it the same pay for Gold, bronze and silver?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2019
PattyMike:
So depressing cheesy tongue grin....I have 14 more 5s left to go. Quick question. When I change badge that is upgrade to Silver does the pay increase from that 0.20 per minute or is it the same pay for Gold, bronze and silver?

Nope. Same pay across all levels. Just more jobs.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 11:31am On Nov 11, 2019
brijibs:

Play store. Technical keyboard or Hacker's keyboard; volume booster.
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 11:44am On Nov 11, 2019
Efosa has raised the bar! cool shocked

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
Prenom:

cheesy You're still the boss, you know. Well, I didn't do anything today, but I think I hit over 600 minutes of 4's and 5's.

How many minutes in total? Plus your 3's and others
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
PattyMike:

during my PayPal struggles i was about to type gmail but my keypad automatically changed it to gmai.com now i can confirm my PayPal account how can i solve this please
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
Kingsbridge:
during my PayPal struggles i was about to type gmail but my keypad automatically changed it to gmai.com now i can confirm my PayPal account how can i solve this please

You should be able to see change email address or add new address or "didn't get email? Resend. It should be on PayPal there.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
PattyMike:

You should be able to see change email address or add new address or "didn't get email? Resend. It should be on PayPal there.
cant edit without confirming, just close the account now will try to open a new one tnx
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
generationz:

How many minutes in total? Plus your 3's and others

You want calculate the guy earnings ba? cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
Please house, how do I slow down the calls with Technical Keyboard
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
brijibs:

grin grin No. Even with the leader board we can still guess. I just want to know how many he does daily to arrive at 600
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Valwezzy: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
Estringx:

There's a speed icon at the bottom right corner while transcribing.
It's on normal already but you can adjust the speed when need be.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Valwezzy: 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
brijibs:

Taking a rough guess, dude must have made over 800k grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
generationz:

grin grin No. Even with the leader board we can still guess. I just want to know how many he does daily to arrive at 600

I can only imagine.

And how it impacts his social life.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
Estringx:

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.