Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422517 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
So guys I got the africard today. What do I do next?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
PattyMike:
So guys I got the africard today. What do I do next?
Add card
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 11:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
samsard:
Add card
Ok is there any kind of charge? Asking cus I don't know if I'm allowed to use the 2k in it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 2:04am On Nov 12, 2019
Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate. I wish us all the best and more positive vibes in our QA hustle.

10 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:04am On Nov 12, 2019
PattyMike:

Ok is there any kind of charge? Asking cus I don't know if I'm allowed to use the 2k in it.

Just add card. After the funds have been reversed you can do with it as you please.

But how did you get the card today? Thought it's nationwide public holiday?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 8:00am On Nov 12, 2019
brijibs:

Just add card. After the funds have been reversed you can do with it as you please.

Good question! shocked
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2019
In case you missed it!

Someone wants an interview bro. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MiseryHimself: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2019
samsard:
There's over 100 available for gold badge transcribers ATM. Mostly FC calls tho. So, it's still not much.

Do you have a gold badge? How long did it take you to rise through the ranks? Right now, I mean right now, there's currently no calls for me right now. Although there were one, two, three and then all disappeared. I tried picking one but I wasn't authorized. Last night around 11PM, there at least 9 available audios. Seems, haha?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MiseryHimself: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2019
Why is everyone here assuming that Efosa is a Nigerian? Sounds like an Edo name but wht do I know.

Guys, I just started and audios are not available; I don't transcribe when it's after five because of my eyes, lol, and audios for bronze badge members seems to be available only in the night, so what do I do?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:33am On Nov 12, 2019
MiseryHimself:
Why is everyone here assuming that Efosa is a Nigerian? Sounds like an Edo name but wht do I know.

Guys, I just started and audios are not available; I don't transcribe when it's after five because of my eyes, lol, and audios for bronze badge members seems to be available only in the night, so what do I do?
It's Probably holiday period in the US.
Efosa is Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2019
MiseryHimself:

Efosa is on this thread baba.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Phiewall(f): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2019
WizzyVine:
WORK AT HOME JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR EVERYONE

Our Company is looking for home-based workers who will join our workforce as Remote Independent Contractors for our Editing and Transcription Agency. We have clients all over the world for whom we transcribe and proofread audiovisuals through our dedicated workforce. We are currently hiring transcribers, and the opportunity is open to everyone.

JOB DESCRIPTION FOR TRANSCRIBERS

Our transcribers simply convert audio and video files to text. Your job as a transcriber will be to make audio and video files available as Microsoft Word Documents. You will be provided with software that automatically converts audio and video files into text. Your main job will be to listen to the audio files while reading through the automatically transcribed document to correct transcription errors made by the software. The software will speed up your transcription rate but the final document will come out with errors. You will then listen to the audio or video file and correct errors manually by listening and typing simultaneously.

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. No experience or academic qualification necessary.
2. A good command of the English language is a must.
3. You must have an ear for American/British accents.
4. You must possess excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills.
5. You must possess meticulous attention to detail.
6. You must have a laptop/PC or Mac to use transcription software.
7. You must have a good internet connection.
8. You must be ready to download telegram app for desktop for official correspondence.
9. You must have experience using Microsoft Word.
10. You must know how to download and upload files via email.
11. You must be available online within office hours (8am – 4pm).
12. You must be able to meet submission deadlines.
13. You must be ready to pass our transcription screening test.

SALARY

Remuneration is between 70k and 200k per month for general transcribers. Individuals with medical or legal backgrounds are considered specialized transcribers. Specialized transcribers who are able to transcribe medical and law related audiovisuals earn a minimum of 100k/month.
Spanish, German and French transcribers are also considered highly rated transcribers and earn 150k/month on the minimum.

HOW TO APPLY

Application is by CV or Resume submission through email. No certificate submission is required. Individuals with legal or medical backgrounds should indicate in their CVs or Resumes. Medical backgrounds in Anatomy, Physiology, physiotherapy, Nursing, Pharmacy- all medicine-related courses are all welcome. If you have proficiency in Spanish, French or German Languages, please also indicate in your CV. After application, you will receive an audio or video file to transcribe as a way of testing your capabilities. Considering our massive hiring needs, everyone who passes the tests will be contacted for immediate employment.
Interested applicants should drop their emails. Instructions to proceed to application will be sent to the email address provided.

Gbaike Jonathan,
Human Resource Manager,
Dadaan Group Plc.

how do we apply for this?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sirlamkhan: 10:49am On Nov 12, 2019
Please I’m yet to complete my PayPal registration cos I’m not with Any means of identification presently,but I’m working on it, can I continue working on QA for the time being hoping to withdraw funds after completing my paypal reg.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MiseryHimself: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Efosa is on this thread baba.

On nairaland, haha? Please let me have his username? Did he come out to claim he is the same Efosa?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2019
WizzyVine:

Our Company is looking for home-based workers who will join our workforce as Remote Independent Contractors for our Editing and Transcription Agency. We have clients all over the world for whom we transcribe and proofread audiovisuals through our dedicated workforce. We are currently hiring transcribers, and the opportunity is open to everyone.

Our transcribers simply convert audio and video files to text. Your job as a transcriber will be to make audio and video files available as Microsoft Word Documents. You will be provided with software that automatically converts audio and video files into text. Your main job will be to listen to the audio files while reading through the automatically transcribed document to correct transcription errors made by the software. The software will speed up your transcription rate but the final document will come out with errors. You will then listen to the audio or video file and correct errors manually by listening and typing simultaneously.

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
8. You must be ready to download telegram app for desktop for official correspondence.

SALARY

Remuneration is between 70k and 200k per month for general transcribers. Individuals with medical or legal backgrounds are considered specialized transcribers. Specialized transcribers who are able to transcribe medical and law related audiovisuals earn a minimum of 100k/month.
Spanish, German and French transcribers are also considered highly rated transcribers and earn 150k/month on the minimum.

HOW TO APPLY

Application is by CV or Resume submission through email. No certificate submission is required. Individuals with legal or medical backgrounds should indicate in their CVs or Resumes. Medical backgrounds in Anatomy, Physiology, physiotherapy, Nursing, Pharmacy- all medicine-related courses are all welcome. If you have proficiency in Spanish, French or German Languages, please also indicate in your CV. After application, you will receive an audio or video file to transcribe as a way of testing your capabilities. Considering our massive hiring needs, everyone who passes the tests will be contacted for immediate employment.
Interested applicants should drop their emails. Instructions to proceed to application will be sent to the email address provided.

Gbaike Jonathan,
Human Resource Manager,
Dadaan Group Plc.

conferenceandrewATgmailDOTcom
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 11:04am On Nov 12, 2019
MiseryHimself:

On nairaland, haha? Please let me have his username? Did he come out to claim he is the same Efosa?
Everyone, ignore this guy. We don't need to prove anything to him.

7 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MiseryHimself: 11:18am On Nov 12, 2019
toluxe0075:

What's wrong with this one, lol? Abeg, tell them you never saw me, sir.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MiseryHimself: 11:21am On Nov 12, 2019
Would anyone quote me with Efosa's Nairaland handle?

Guys, would a Chromebook speed up my transcription? Just for transcription. Voice-to text. I know other OS have it but my Pc's microphone seem to be damaged or my internet connectivity is bad. How do you guys speed up things?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by adebay123: 11:27am On Nov 12, 2019
WizzyVine:

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

SALARY

HOW TO APPLY

Gbaike Jonathan,
Human Resource Manager,
Dadaan Group Plc.

Share the website. Leave story.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
In this draught, this sight is actually GOLDEN. grin grin

@thorrvik will have questions for me now... undecided cool

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
brijibs:

Special privileges o. My baby works in UBA( bankers sometimes go to work even on Saturday and Sunday plus some holidays as well) she went to work yesterday. I just sit down dey drink water dispenser till it was ready. Even did online platform for it. Only card not account and it has online platform to check balance etc. Naija don dey advance small small.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
MiseryHimself:
Would anyone quote me with Efosa's Nairaland handle?

Guys, would a Chromebook speed up my transcription? Just for transcription. Voice-to text. I know other OS have it but my Pc's microphone seem to be damaged or my internet connectivity is bad. How do you guys speed up things?
We actually put in work and type out what we ear. Speech to text is short cut and it might be that it's not allowed on the website and your microphone might be all right after all.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
Sirlamkhan:
Please I’m yet to complete my PayPal registration cos I’m not with Any means of identification presently,but I’m working on it, can I continue working on QA for the time being hoping to withdraw funds after completing my paypal reg.
No! I don't think you can even finish registration on QA without PayPal account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Good question! shocked
Good dvck helped me get it today. Its suprising things a woman will do for you when you make her cum multiple times. grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2019
MiseryHimself:

Mr Thomas . Leave me alone abeg
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
toluxe0075:

I totally agree with this.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
Prenom is Efosa. If you doubt check 3-5 threads back and see when he said he did over 600mins of 4s and 5s. He said it before the board results came up. Obviously he's not a prophet so he couldn't have predicted it unless he did it himself.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
brijibs:
In this draught, this sight is actually GOLDEN. grin grin

@thorrvik will have questions for me now... undecided cool
Gold badge privileges cool..hmm
But I only see 4 calls I'll be willing to take from that lot.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

Gold badge privileges cool..hmm
But I only see 4 calls I'll be willing to take from that lot.
The less than 5mins calls abi?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
MiseryHimself:

Back read you go say no.

Now you see.

Refresh. You'll see calls. Wake early you'll see calls.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MiseryHimself: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
odizeey:

Back read you go say no.

Now you see.

Refresh. You'll see calls. Wake early you'll see calls.

We are our own problem in this country; must I go backwards ten or fifteen pages to get a simple info I asked? Simple what is his username, a lot of clowns have turned me to a doubting Thomas. Na wa oo. Someone asked a question and what do you do? You simply help out or you just move on. How many minutes will it take you to tell the guy's handle? Even Trump is on Reddit and did an ama and many, many other big names that on would instantly pout "Unthinkable" so I don't know what's the problem. This supposed guy who you guys claim is on Nairaland makes his money online so it is not unthinkable to believe he is on Nairaland. Na wa oo. Abeg waka pass!!!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MiseryHimself: 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2019
PattyMike:
Prenom is Efosa. If you doubt check 3-5 threads back and see when he said he did over 600mins of 4s and 5s. He said it before the board results came up. Obviously he's not a prophet so he couldn't have predicted it unless he did it himself.

Thank you very much. It's really that simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.