Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425504 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 1:15am On Nov 14, 2019
Guestuser:

Go to the business section. You’ll find the E-currency market thread.
Be careful...
How will the transaction be done. Never done it before. Asking so I don't get ripped off. I just checked a friend's Lesotho PayPal that I helped him open. It can withdraw to africard. Don't know if I should try linking my africard to his PayPal. Separate names on card and PayPal account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Guestuser: 1:18am On Nov 14, 2019
PattyMike:

How will the transaction be done. Never done it before. Asking so I don't get ripped off. I just checked a friend's Lesotho PayPal that I helped him open. It can withdraw to africard. Don't know if I should try linking my africard to his PayPal. Separate names on card and PayPal account.
If you’re going to add your card to the new PayPal, you need to remove it from the first one.
At your own risk though. PayPal no get joy.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 1:23am On Nov 14, 2019
Guestuser:

If you’re going to add your card to the new PayPal, you need to remove it from the first one.
At your own risk though. PayPal no get joy.
I have removed from the old and tried to link to the new Lesotho. It said card is linked to the another account. remove first and retry. Something wey I don commot over an hour ago. But I think it's cus the charges haven't been refunded yet.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Guestuser: 1:35am On Nov 14, 2019
PattyMike:

I have removed from the old and tried to link to the new Lesotho. It said card is linked to the another account. remove first and retry. Something wey I don commot over an hour ago. But I think it's cus the charges haven't been refunded yet.
That’s PayPal for you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:11am On Nov 14, 2019
PattyMike
Contact Webshop to sell your funds.
Tested and... You know the rest
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:31am On Nov 14, 2019
brijibs:

What does it mean, please?
What are the implications?
Was just pulling your legs.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:33am On Nov 14, 2019
PattyMike:

I linked it but when I suppose to send money from PayPal balance to the card. I'm only seeing PayPal balance as option and also link a bank.
Screenshot your withdrawal page lets see if we can help you, somebody told you same above but you ignored it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 6:37am On Nov 14, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

Same thing happened to me sometime last week, deck nine vs Deck 9, used "nine" cos I assumed it's less than 10 right?..funny thing is the correction also had deck 9, engaged Arlen and she said this
"In any rating notes, there are markdowns provided which will not necessarily merit a failing rating" so it's more than just what they actually say in the rating notes. It's a bit confusing to TBH.
I feel the set of guys recently added to handle the rating are yet to get hold of the FAQ. That was rated 2 for not transcribing a word that was not relevant to the conversation.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:29am On Nov 14, 2019
toluxe0075:

I feel the set of guys recently added to handle the rating are yet to get hold of the FAQ. That was rated 2 for not transcribing a word that was not relevant to the conversation.

We should bring this Arlen's attention. We can't be having incompetent QAs rating our jobs... Someone'll spend long hours on a job only for them to rate your job poorly.
It's so not funny.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Screenshot your withdrawal page lets see if we can help you, somebody told you same above but you ignored it.

Drop screenshot, he refused.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2019
toluxe0075:

Deck is physical. So, deck 9 not deck nine.
For you to be rated a 2, you must have accumulated a lot WRONGs.
The more mistakes you accumulate, the lower your rating.
And omitted content outside of fillers is Auto 1.
The QAs do get penalized when they're too lenient or not thorough enough.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2019
For those of you who don't understand the number rule, anything physical is transcribed in numerals even if less than 10.
I've been able to score 5s with twice over the inaudible limit because I tied every other loose end.
I get rated 4s with a mistake in transcribing numerals. Because they know it's one isolated case, which is mostly due to occasional errors.
If you get a 2, Just know you didn't do a thorough job.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2019
samsard:
Deck is physical. So, deck 9 not deck nine.
For you to be rated a 2, you must have accumulated a lot WRONGs.
And omitted content outside of fillers is Auto 1.
The QAs do get penalized when they're too lenient or not thorough enough.
All right. I will be more careful.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2019
brijibs:

We should bring this Arlen's attention. We can't be having incompetent QAs rating our jobs... Someone'll spend long hours on a job only for them to rate your job poorly.
It's so not funny.
Ask for rating clarification from available SCC.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 9:10am On Nov 14, 2019
brijibs:
These guys will just be confusing peeps. My job was marked down because I transcribed "two separate cabins." I engage an SCC, who said it should've been "2 separate cabins."

Now, look what I found on Slack. I've also received a rating note about "4-year tenure", which is why I now transcribe "four-year tenure."

But seriously, this is not funny. I didn't use to mind much in the past (it's just afew cents off), but since a perfect profile ensures you get jobs, I'm not finding it funny anymore.

Man this week get as e be o. Only got two 5 rating rest na 4. and 3. I dont know what's doing them.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2019
samsard:
For those of you who don't understand the number rule, anything physical is transcribed in numerals even if less than 10.
I've been able to score 5s with twice over the inaudible limit because I tied every other loose end.
I get rated 4s with a mistake in transcribing numerals. Because they know it's one isolated case, which is mostly due to occasional errors.
If you get a 2, Just know you didn't do a thorough job.
When on a job and a rep is stil talking in a long sentence and the customer make a reply like within the sentence like Uhm or yea while the rep still continues,do we ignore the uhm or yea that was made by the customer?Is that the reason for ...? And when I pick a call successfully,I don't see the time remaining,I only see like 7hrs up there when am doing a 2 hrs call
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:27am On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=HIGHESTPOPORI post=84013688]When on a job and a rep is stil talking a sentence and the customer make a sound within the sentence like Uhm or yea while the rep still continues ,do we ignore the uhn or yea that was made by the customer?Is that the reason for ...? And when I pick a call successfully,I don't see the time remaining,I only see like 7hrs up there when am doing a 2 hrs call[/quote]

You mean 2mins, right? Must be a British classic grin

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:29am On Nov 14, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
When on a job and a [b]rep is stil talking in a long sentence and the customer make a reply like within the sentence like Uhm or yea while the rep still continues,[/b]do we ignore the uhm or yea that was made by the customer?Is that the reason for ...? And when I pick a call successfully,I don't see the time remaining,I only see like 7hrs up there when am doing a 2 hrs call

If the customer's response is in response to a question the rep asked, it should be transcribed. Otherwise, ignore the customer and continue till the rep stops.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=brijibs post=84013781][/quote]No I might pick a call showing 2 mins to be finished in 1hr 10 mins,when I start working,I will see 7hrs up? I want to know how I can see the real time because my time has expired once before on a job
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2019
brijibs:

If the customer's response is in response to a question the rep asked, it should be transcribed. Otherwise, ignore the customer and continue till the rep stops.
OK,i got it,most times its not in response to a question
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
No I might pick a call showing 2 mins to be finished in 1hr 10 mins,when I start working,I will see 7hrs up? I want to know how I can see the real time because my time has expired once before on a job

Oh. Yes, you'll see the time (1hr 10mins) up there on the same line as the rep's name and company.

Meanwhile, a 2min call to be finished in 1hr or more is a British call. Except your ears are trained for their accents, please steer clear of those.
An American 2min call is usually from 40mins.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yuneehk(f): 9:57am On Nov 14, 2019
Good morning everyone. Please I have a few questions. Been seeing complaints from those who opened a South African PP account. I'm yet to attach an Africard to it(No time). Can I dump it and open a Lesotho own which I'll edit on my QA profile? Would it be a problem or I have to create a new QA account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:05am On Nov 14, 2019
Yuneehk:
Good morning everyone. Please I have a few questions. Been seeing complaints from those who opened a South African PP account. I'm yet to attach an Africard to it(No time). Can I dump it and open a Lesotho own which I'll edit on my QA profile? Would it be a problem or I have to create a new QA account.
Theres's no issue with changing PayPal email as long as you do it before cutoff time. So, you can get your funds in the right PayPal.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 10:17am On Nov 14, 2019
PattyMike:
Omo I just weak since. Abeg make una epp my career o. Who can I send it to PayPal to PayPal wey go withdraw am help me do card to card transfer. E don tire me. I don't waste 4k plus ontop this Africard issue since Monday. The 2k wey I put they just dey commot the money fiam fiam. That card almost make me trek reach house today believing it would work cus I went to the bank again. I trek over 5 miles before I see GTbank do cashless withdrawal. I nearly die for road. The IT Final Phase interview sef I was 2 hours late because of this same Africard. Very horrible day. Very horrible. Abeg nah beg I dey beg o someone that will epp cash it out cus I don tire. Don't open south Africa Paypal. DO NOT OPEN SOUTH AFRICAN PAYPAL
And na south African PayPal I get oooo.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yuneehk(f): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2019
samsard:
Theres's no issue with changing PayPal email as long as you do it before cutoff time. So, you can get your funds in the right PayPal.
Okay, thank you. So I have to create a Lesotho account soon and edit it in my QA's profile. PayPaldotcom/ls is the link bah?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Guestuser: 10:37am On Nov 14, 2019
Yuneehk:
If you followed the instructions on that pdf of how to open a South Africa account. Then you’re good to go. Because the link in that file is not even for a South Africa PayPal. But Saudi Arabia PayPal.
And Saudi PP Can withdraw to card.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 10:45am On Nov 14, 2019
Guestuser:

If you followed the instructions on that pdf of how to open a South Africa account. Then you’re good to go. Because the link in that file is not even for a South Africa PayPal. But Saudi Arabia PayPal.
I followed the link in that file, is there a way to confirm if my account is saudi Arabia or south Africa?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yuneehk(f): 10:54am On Nov 14, 2019
Guestuser:

Oh. South Africa has the "za" link from what I saw online. If Saudi Arabia has no issues, I'm wondering why most on this thread use Lesotho. I just wanna use a popular one so if I encounter issues, I'd have people who can answer based on experience. You've been helpful, thanks smiley
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by LaMujer: 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
Whoever said transcribing was easy? O su mi o.

I got a 2 rating, I did corrections and ended up getting a 1 rating.

Kuku kee me naa

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
LaMujer:
Whoever said transcribing was easy? O su mi o.

I got a 2 rating, I did corrections and ended up getting a 1 rating.

Kuku kee me naa

Kpele. Nothing is easy in life. But hardwork and dedication, as well as attention to detail makes it seem easy.

Did you take note of the rating notes before attempting the redo?

It's important you take note of what you did wrong initially, so you know what to improve on.

Keep on trying and share your testimony soon.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kilisi(m): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
If you want to sell your PayPal fund at good rate, I recommend Nosazee14. He's reliable. I just sold to him this morning and I'm impressed by his honesty.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.