Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424463 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
For those with the unedited transcripts problem. Pls don't work on calls for now or do so at your own risk. Our uncle is back and angry lol and has adapted very well. So, if you like avoid deleting timestamp. You will see it there. Arlen posted it this morning warning everyone but i missed it and recieved a gbangba 1 for my effort. This one even worse it will combine another person call join to your own script. Make they kuku commot me make i join again enter the old platform abeg. I don tire for this one abeg.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2019
PattyMike:
For those with the unedited transcripts problem. Pls don't work on calls for now or do so at your own risk. Our uncle is back and angry lol and has adapted very well. So, if you like avoid deleting timestamp. You will see it there. Arlen posted it this morning warning everyone but i missed it and recieved a gbangba 1 for my effort. This one even worse it will combine another person call join to your own script. Make they kuku commot me make i join again enter the old platform abeg. I don tire for this one abeg.

How do you mean. Any new rule on the Timestamp?We should stop deleting them?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zexzy(f): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
thorrvik55:

The bolded is so wrong..
Please I got my Africard yesterday and changed the pin immediately, I linked it up on my PayPal before going to the UBA online platform to log in. I filled all the coloums there since yesterday but I am yet to get the code till now. I have tried it several times but still no sms code. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
kamikaz1:

How do you mean. Any new rule on the Timestamp?We should stop deleting them?

Did you have the issue of seeing unedited parts of your submitted transcripts? If no then you can keep transcribing as you wish delete stamp or not won't give you the issue.
This one is for those on the new platform who experienced this issue last week.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
zexzy:

Please I got my Africard yesterday and changed the pin immediately, I linked it up on my PayPal before going to the UBA online platform to log in. I filled all the coloums there since yesterday but I am yet to get the code till now. I have tried it several times but still no sms code. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Get code via SMS or email?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
PattyMike:

Did you have the issue of seeing unedited parts of your submitted transcripts? If no then you can keep transcribing as you wish delete stamp or not won't give you the issue.
This one is for those on the new platform who experienced this issue last week.

Ok thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
zexzy:

did you get the alert for the $1.7 deduction?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
zexzy:

I don't get u.
Code from UBA online platform or PayPal?

If it's the code from PayPal then u should know dat there has to be money in ur card b4 it'll be confirmed. There should be close to 1k in ur card(the money would be returned in 1 to 5 business days).
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
PattyMike:

I have removed from the old and tried to link to the new Lesotho. It said card is linked to the another account. remove first and retry. Something wey I don commot over an hour ago. But I think it's cus the charges haven't been refunded yet.
Were you able to add the old card to the new PayPal eventually?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Were you able to add the old card to the new PayPal eventually?

No, the new ls PayPal was opened with a friend name and details. So I couldn't link my card to his account. I tried opening another PayPal in my name but it didn't reach an hour PayPal blocked it. Maybe when I get my drivers license I'll try to open a lesotho or Saudi Arabia PayPal. Cus nah my passport number I put for the SA PayPal(still very much active) and the blocked lesotho PayPal.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sukueponmalu: 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
PattyMike:

No, the new ls PayPal was opened with a friend name and details. So I couldn't link my card to his account. I tried opening another PayPal in my name but it didn't reach an hour PayPal blocked it. Maybe when I get my drivers license I'll try to open a lesotho or Saudi Arabia PayPal. Cus nah my passport number I put for the SA PayPal(still very much active) and the blocked lesotho PayPal.
Okay. Thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 9:03am On Dec 12, 2019
Can I use the africard in any ATM?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:33am On Dec 12, 2019
odizeey:
Can I use the africard in any ATM?

Yes na. That's how we withdraw. They would charge N65 though
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 9:51am On Dec 12, 2019
thorrvik55:

Yes na. That's how we withdraw. They would charge N65 though
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2019
PattyMike:
What's the way forward please. I use PC and after rating, I see missing content and empty spaces all over.

Secondly, can I use same PayPal email twice on QA (if removed)
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zexzy(f): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
PattyMike:

Get code via SMS or email?
I didn't get any code via Sms or email, that's the problem.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zexzy(f): 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
did you get the alert for the $1.7 deduction?
No I didn't.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zexzy(f): 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
thorrvik55:

I don't get u.
Code from UBA online platform or PayPal?

If it's the code from PayPal then u should know dat there has to be money in ur card b4 it'll be confirmed. There should be close to 1k in ur card(the money would be returned in 1 to 5 business days).

I didn't get any code from neither UBA nor PayPal. I funded the card with 2000 naira the day I got it. I haven't seen any msg on my phone.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Adehwale: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
On the payment issue. Someone said it doesn't necessarily have to be the UBA Africard, so I tried to attach my GTbank debit card to it, and less than 20 minutes I got the code and I verified the card. May I know what else I would have to do to withdraw the funds into the card? Cuz right now, I can only see an option to withdraw to bank. Or Is there anything I'm not getting, please.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2019
Adehwale:
On the payment issue. Someone said it doesn't necessarily have to be the UBA Africard, so I tried to attach my GTbank debit card to it, and less than 20 minutes I got the code and I verified the card. May I know what else I would have to do to withdraw the funds into the card? Cuz right now, I can only see an option to withdraw to bank. Or Is there anything I'm not getting, please.

Quote that same "someone" who told you UBA ain't necessary so that he/she can help you with the withdrawal process. I really can't help because I use UBA Africard.

7 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Adehwale: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
nwafresh:

Quote that same "someone" who told you UBA ain't necessary so that he/she can help you with the withdrawal process. I really can't help because I use UBA Africard.

So you get to withdraw your funds directly to your card with the UBA Africard?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
Adehwale:

everybody is using the uba africard, so I wonder where you got your Gtb bank advice from. You can withdraw to your uba africard but payPal will charge $5 per transaction.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
Adehwale:

Yes bro!
YES!
It will do you a whole lot of good to back read just a likkle bit. cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
nwafresh:

grin grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
You can also sell you paypal funds tomme
DM via whatsapp below

Rate is sensible
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tpben: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2019
How does on buy recharge card using recharge.com? I need buy please
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
MaziOkoro:

What's the way forward please. I use PC and after rating, I see missing content and empty spaces all over.

Secondly, can I use same PayPal email twice on QA (if removed)

Yes you can use the same PayPal email. If you see missing contents try these first: avoid deleting the timestamp, avoid copy and pasting for now. When you want to change the chat bubble to the next speaker don't press enter immediately after typing, chill for like 10 secs before pressing enter. If the suggestions don't work then just stop picking calls until it's resolved to avoid low rating. It sucks but this is what we have to deal with unfortunately.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
zexzy:

I didn't get any code via Sms or email, that's the problem.
The problem is either you gave the bank the wrong phone number/email or they typed in the wrong information. It happened to me instead of mikepatetim@gmail.com. The lady typed in mikepatetiN@gmail.com. Now I only get texts and not email, go to the bank and complain or firstly put the sim of the number in another phone and do what you need. Also the only notifications you will get are for alert(deduction), OTP code or when you want to change the online platform password. Good luck.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
Today's work has been awesome. Perfect. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2019
kamikaz1:
Guys please .
What can be wrong?

I did a transcription this morning..and i was giving a REDO. After then, I received their mail telling me that i will be paid.
Only to go back to my profile to see that the two attempts were Rated 2 and 1 respectively.

The two mails i received were even: Congrats! You will get paid for your first high-quality transcript....

Please, can somebody help look at it?

Is this normal or i dint get it right?

@thorrvik55

@Nwafresh
They were referring to the first call you worked on.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
Estringx:
Today's work has been awesome. Perfect. grin grin grin
are you using the old or new platform? If it is the new platform, can you please share how you're able to manage it with the current issues?

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.