Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (428432 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:50am On Dec 14, 2019
Olabowa:

I have gotten the card, and have linked it to my PayPal account. The $1.59 deduction, code/account verification and other stuffs have been done.

Pls how do I transfer the money in the PayPal to the UBA card?

Nice. Click 'withdraw' on the dashboard. Follow the prompts, input the desired amount and confirm. Bear in mind, a $5 withdrawal fee'll be deducted. And, considering it's your 1st withdrawal, you might have to wait 72hrs.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:53am On Dec 14, 2019
Vincent000:

Pls what do they want? Av been getting 1s over and over and over again.

What are your rating notes? That's the first place to start.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:58am On Dec 14, 2019
kayusdguy:

Daddy GO, I understand you now. But why is it wrong to type the correct name of company here? Is the company name restricted information?
I believe you read and agreed to their privacy agreement? The part that has to do with their clients?

If I search the company name on Google, won't I find it there? Can someone please enlighten me as to why we can't post company names here?

Or, maybe you should contact Arlen on Slack. She'd be better positioned to answer appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 1:36am On Dec 14, 2019
kayusdguy:

Daddy GO, I understand you now. But why is it wrong to type the correct name of company here? Is the company name restricted information? If I search the company name on Google, won't I find it there? Can someone please enlighten me as to why we can't post company names here?

No mind them it doesn't mean anything. I can say Funding circle, Penn Foster or Quantum Assurance. Everyone does the same on slack and they've never been cautioned. The only thing they have strict caution on is posting screenshot of the CID.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 1:49am On Dec 14, 2019
QA slack is going nuts. They just gave themselves unnecessary headache with this new beta platform. Now because of complains they've removed the timestamp again and taken it back to normal. So many different problems mehn it's overwhelming the SCC are doing incredible work. E be like say I go forget this Silver badge copy that other guy wey open another QA account. The risk is just too much I might or might not end up in the old platform.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2019
PattyMike:
QA slack is going nuts. They just gave themselves unnecessary headache with this new beta platform. Now because of complains they've removed the timestamp again and taken it back to normal. So many different problems mehn it's overwhelming the SCC are doing incredible work. E be like say I go forget this Silver badge copy that other guy wey open another QA account. The risk is just too much I might or might not end up in the old platform.
There is nothing too special about that silver badge though. I entered the badge last week and what I've noticed is that I now have too many Fc UK calls on my queue and I get quality rating warning every now and then.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by doctorbj4real(m): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2019
Please house, how do I get out of this "play snippet" of a thing? It's annoying, I'll prefer the "play continuous"...
Someone come to my aid
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 7:57am On Dec 14, 2019
brijibs:

Nice. Click 'withdraw' on the dashboard. Follow the prompts, input the desired amount and confirm. Bear in mind, a $5 withdrawal fee'll be deducted. And, considering it's your 1st withdrawal, you might have to wait 72hrs.

Thanks man. It reflected in the UBA card almost immediately. I tried to transfer it to my local account though, the UBA app was telling me rubbish.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Opiletool(m): 8:04am On Dec 14, 2019
kayusdguy:

Daddy GO, I understand you now. But why is it wrong to type the correct name of company here? Is the company name restricted information? If I search the company name on Google, won't I find it there? Can someone please enlighten me as to why we can't post company names here?

Oga, na your wahala be that jare, carry am go front.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Adehwale: 8:08am On Dec 14, 2019
PattyMike:

Do you have the extra $5 PayPal charges for withdrawals?

I called PayPal. It's been resolved. smiley

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Adehwale: 8:09am On Dec 14, 2019
Olabowa:

Thanks man. It reflected in the UBA card almost immediately. I tried to transfer it to my local account though, the UBA app was telling me rubbish.
It won't go through. If you have an Opay app, fund your Opay app with the money and transfer the fund to your bank account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2019
Adehwale:

I called PayPal. It's been resolved. smiley
can you explain in details how you were able to call them without detection that you are in Nigeria ? I would like to know the whole process.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2019
brijibs:

No. Release under 'rep to rep'

Tnx..will I get paid for it? Cos I learnt there are some category like that they if they find out 4 other transcribers Flagg it too ..one will get paid.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 9:04am On Dec 14, 2019
kamikaz1:

Tnx..will I get paid for it? Cos I learnt there are some category like that they if they find out 4 other transcribers Flagg it too ..one will get paid.
No. It's the flag token you will get back.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 9:08am On Dec 14, 2019
Mekanus:
No. It's the flag token you will get back.

OK..ok thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 9:20am On Dec 14, 2019
Adehwale:

It won't go through. If you have an Opay app, fund your Opay app with the money and transfer the fund to your bank account.

Oh. I thought they said one can transfer from the card to local banks.

I guess I'll try the opay app then. Or try to withdraw the cash at the ATM, then deposit it to my account. Whichever that works sha.

Thanks man. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by trase24: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2019
Please I need help, I tried opening the PayPal business account, I got to the point where I was told to tell something about my business, but I can go beyond there, it's telling me something went wrong.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
PattyMike and co. Thanks for the encouragement yesterday. PayPal and bad ratings almost got me discouraged. undecided

But it's been going smoothly since then...not bad for a week old grin

God bless everyone that keep contributing to this thread.

ALTERED/MISSING CONTENT
After working on a call, don't submit (make sure you have some time left), close your browser (log out). Then log back in and and open the call you're working on. If there is altered or missing content, you'll see it and correct it before submitting.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
MaziOkoro:

ALTERED/MISSING CONTENT
After working on a call, don't submit (make sure you have some time left), close your browser (log out). Then log back in and and open the call you're working on. If there is altered or missing content, you'll see it and correct it before submitting.
If you keep doing this, the day you will do a long call and you won't see your work again, it won't be funny.

I would advise you to stop doing this.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
kayusdguy:

If you keep doing this, the day you will do a long call and you won't see your work again, it won't be funny.

I would advise you to stop doing this.

Okay. Noted. Thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by wisewordd: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
Omo that rater with number "thirty" no be here oh.
Just because of "this" instead of "so" wey still go with the sentence for fc uk of over 20min, na one straight oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2019
wisewordd:
Just because of "this" instead of "so" wey still go with the sentence for fc uk of over 20min, na one straight oh.
That person is really stupid and wicked, honestly. That was how he/she rated me 2 on a call I know I worked on very well. He listed all those blah blah blah that he/she normally list's, but out of annoyance, I just resubmitted the call with no changes made (I was like anything wey e go be make im be). But surprisingly, another person rated the call and gave me 5. That sucker dey spoil things for person.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
Mekanus:
That person is really stupid and wicked, honestly. That was how he/she rated me 2 on a call I know I worked on very well. He listed all those blah blah blah that he/she normally list's, but out of annoyance, I just resubmitted the call with no changes made (I was like anything wey e go be make im be). But surprisingly, another person rated the call and gave me 5. That sucker dey spoil things for person.
I had the same experience last week. It all comes down to the rater, some are lenient while some are very strict.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
wisewordd:
This is a big lie. Tell us what exactly what you did wrong. You won't get better with this "your self justification".
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
Estringx:

This is a big lie. Tell us what exactly what you did wrong. You won't get better with this "your self justification".
No be everything be bashing.
Na all these kind things dey mk person vex.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
odizeey:

No be everything be bashing.
Na all these kind things dey mk person vex.
No mind the guy. Im just dey form QA professor. Nonsense and ingredients, mtcheeeew!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2019
Mekanus:
No mind the guy. Im just dey form QA professor. Nonsense and ingredients, mtcheeeew!!
Nawa o.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by wisewordd: 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2019
e

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
"30" dey carry vex...

wisewordd:
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2019
kamikaz1:

Congrats ..i hail you..but please how do you guys earn 5..share the secret abeg... it goes beyond follow FAQ ooo
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by JustSomeDude(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2019
I was asked to link a bank account before I could withdraw funds from my PayPal. I have a UBA Africard linked to it in the past and I was able to withdraw funds. I'm just shocked about the sudden development.
Please fam, can I link a Nigerian bank account with my PayPal?

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2019
JustSomeDude:
I was asked to link a bank account before I could withdraw funds from my PayPal. I have a UBA Africard linked to it in the past and I was able to withdraw funds. I'm just shocked about the sudden development.
Please fam, can I link a Nigerian bank account with my PayPal?
Why are u linking a bank account if I may ask?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.