Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425963 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Aafulenu(f): 8:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
please who else is using MTN and cannot browse? i cant do anything since yesterday.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blackmiserable:
I picked a call and released it. One month and some days later, I pick the same call again. Looks like a bad, terrible joke or deliberate folly, idk. I asked on Slack and there has been no explanation except a flimsy re-do courtesy as they call it, which is not anywhere close to what I am inferring. I am sure other freelancers might have bumped into the same audio, done it or released it too. The customer was talking about insurance for his truck and motorcycle and wanted to speak with one Genevieve, initially.
Interesting... I have encountered one I released days later. But that was when we'd have thousands of call on the queue consistently. I guess it wasn't worth it for some.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Jdhdgejio(m): 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
Are you that Elijah guy that was disturbing on the platform yesterday
Blackmiserable:
I picked a call and released it. One month and some days later, I pick the same call again. Looks like a bad, terrible joke or deliberate folly, idk. I asked on Slack and there has been no explanation except a flimsy re-do courtesy as they call it, which is not anywhere close to what I am inferring. I am sure other freelancers might have bumped into the same audio, done it or released it too. The customer was talking about insurance for his truck and motorcycle and wanted to speak with one Genevieve, initially.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
Aafulenu:
please who else is using MTN and cannot browse? i cant do anything since yesterday.
Same here ooh!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blackmiserable:
But why were you insulting everybody on slack including the managers?

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
The rate at which Nigerians on Slack are challenging the QA constituted authorities is very alarming and uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
SUPERPACK:
The rate at which Nigerians on Slack are challenging the QA constituted authorities is very alarming and uncalled for.
They think SCCs are customer care!

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 11:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
SUPERPACK:

When they get everyone banned, they'll rest. Uncultured folks sad

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 12:19am On Jan 18, 2020
Please, what's this tax documents PayPal is requesting from before April 15th? I hope it won't affect my account?

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 12:31am On Jan 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

It depends sha.

I still strongly believe paypal won't just wake up one morning and limit ur account(from my experience), they must have noticed something with it first.

I've been using my paypal account for close to two years now without any issue.
There are best practices when it comes to paypal and as long as u stick to those practices (from my experience) u are all good.

That ordinary $5 u are referring to is actually over 20 mins of audio that u spent ur precious time and effort transcribing..
Please, kindly share your experiences on how to avoid PayPal blocking someone's account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 12:32am On Jan 18, 2020
samsard:
They think SCCs are customer care!
Some are cool and some ain't grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2020
juniour4u:
Pls guys help I want to register for PayPal I was asked to provide a drivers license, passport or national ID and I dnt have any of it , I only have a voters card, which I do use for my bank. So I want to ask if I can use voters card on paypal
Yes you can
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:53am On Jan 18, 2020
MaziOkoro:

When they get everyone banned, they'll rest. Uncultured folks sad

Why would they ban Nationals cus of a few miscreants. Not only Nigerians insult dha, they plenty but mostly Africans to be honest. Africans and some Arabs but it's all frustration and Arlen has a very effective way of calming your gragra. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Weirdgee: 11:10am On Jan 18, 2020
good morning guys.
Hi Jamie? I want to call back, gladly do that. More than anything, I want to make sure you find time on the calendar for a show down. I think if you and the other stakeholders see the product in action, they will be able to understand why we were unable to make such grandest statements. If we are not able to increase the efficiency of your sales first by at least ten percent in the first month, we have a full money back guaranty.

This is my second test pls gurus in the house help me I don't to fail the second test. Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by puresoul1(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2020
Weirdgee:
good morning guys.
Hi Jamie? I want to call back, gladly do that. More than anything, I want to make sure you find time on the calendar for a show down. I think if you and the other stakeholders see the product in action, they will be able to understand why we were unable to make such grandest statements. If we are not able to increase the efficiency of your sales first by at least ten percent in the first month, we have a full money back guaranty.

This is my second test pls gurus in the house help me I don't to fail the second test. Thanks.

Hi Jeremy, I want to go back, glad we could connect. More than anything, I want to make sure we find time on the calendar for a short demo, I think if you and the other stakeholders see the product in action, they'll be able to understand why we're able to make such grandiose statements. If we're not able to improve the efficiency of your sales force by at least 10% in the first month, we have a full money-back guarantee
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
I've been keeping it clean this week until this their AI horseshit did me a number.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Weirdgee: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2020
puresoul1:

Hi Jeremy, I want to go back, glad we could connect. More than anything, I want to make sure we find time on the calendar for a short demo, I think if you and the other stakeholders see the product in action, they'll be able to understand why we're able to make such grandiose statements. If we're not able to improve the efficiency of your sales force by at least 10% in the first month, we have a full money-back guarantee
This didn't work anyways thanks. They gave me another one I am returning a call from David. I use hausadareturn's transcript and I passed the test.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2020
Mekanus:
I've been keeping it clean this week until this their AI horseshit did me a number.
Welcome to the club. In your case you even got rated and had a redo, I lost 40 minutes of a good call because of AI shi, it never even got rated.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
samsard:
Welcome to the club. In your case you even got rated and had a redo, I lost 40 minutes of a good call because of AI shi, it never even got rated.
It's not the first time I'm experiencing it though but this one really got me angry. Anyway, I've always had a redo whenever it happens.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by godwinony(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
My RQR is 2.909. I've been waiting for them to deactivate my account as they threatened by the 17th which was yesterday...the account is still active..I hope they'll pay me the $5 on the account before they shut it down if they eventually do though..
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
godwinony:
My RQR is 2.909. I've been waiting for them to deactivate my account as they threatened by the 17th which was yesterday...the account is still active..I hope they'll pay me the $5 on the account before they shut it down if they eventually do though..

Keep working, they may not deactivate you. And if they do, your earnings will be paid.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Weirdgee: 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
Guys I was invited by slack and I joined. My question now is can I start transcribing or I should read their terms and conditions and site videos b4 I start?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
Weirdgee:
Guys I was invited by slack and I joined. My question now is can I start transcribing or I should read their terms and conditions and site videos b4 I start?
Read all the readables before you start transcribing. There are really no calls for now. So, it's an opportunity for you to read the FAQs, sample of transcripts, watch the videos, check out the things being posted on slack by transcribers, SCCs and start transcribing Monday evening. Wish you all the best bro.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Weirdgee: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2020
berbs:

Read all the readables before you start transcribing. There are really no calls for now. So, it's an opportunity for you to read the FAQs, sample of transcripts, watch the videos, check out the things being posted on slack by transcribers, SCCs and start transcribing Monday evening. Wish you all the best bro.
Thanks bro but hope is not that hard to do?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by godwinony(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2020
MaziOkoro:

Keep working, they may not deactivate you. And if they do, your earnings will be paid.

Ok..thanks

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
--
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
Weirdgee:
Thanks bro but hope is not that hard to do?
It's technical and also not easy.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
Has anyone tried Rev transcription? Do they pay well as much as QA?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
When opening a paypal account, is it best to use business or personal account?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
Pamela28:
Has anyone tried Rev transcription? Do they pay well as much as QA?
Passing their test is somewhat elusive.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
Pamela28:
When opening a paypal account, is it best to use business or personal account?
I use a business account, but not as a registered business. If you open a business account as a registered business and they eventually request documents, your funds will be trapped for 180 days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.