Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425397 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2020
thorrvik55:

Today is the last day of the year, wots up with the testimony u promised to share by the end of the year? cheesy

cc: Kinzu

lol...qa changed the rules. Man had to adjust and seek other hustles to level up wink
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:38am On Apr 27, 2020
hausadreturn:
How're you doing guys?
It seems to me that the platform is like a jungle nowadays.

I've been reading to see people talking about the fact that they want to check this gig stuff out. They're also talking and asking about phones to get, laptops to get, etc.
Well, if the old ones won't tell you, I've been here longer, so I'll tell you.
With what I've seen these past few days, this is more than a difficult time to join QA. I'm not saying you shouldn't try. I mean, you have to. How many people even go to work nowadays. But I can understand why the old ones won't want to discourage you to join and try. Na make e no be like say na bad belle. And I understand that. But sometimes, we need to look ourselves in the mirror and tell ourselves something. And I'm only telling you what I'm telling myself. That we have to patiently wait till all this is over.
But now, Jesus! I can't deal. This is for me though. You might have something of a more hustling spirit than I do.

Prenom or Efosa, it's nice to see people hailing you about being on the top table for 3 weeks in a row. I really congratulate your efforts. This is good.
I remember saying it some months ago, that no matter how you try on QA, some people still better pass some people. And you've shown that.

But real talk. In my humble opinion, YOU FAILED THIS THREAD. Yes, you did.
You're telling people that if you look and fix your eyes on the queue continuously, you'll see jobs. I don't doubt you. But will continually looking on the thread also show you jobs that will give you over 600 minutes worth of jobs?
YOU FAILED THIS THREAD.
I go through the thread and see tips that have opened doors to a whole lot to of people. From africard, using phones, ear piece, F-cuk, slack, etc.
Where are you in all of this?

C'mon! Look at the people joining and asking questions and recommendations. Don't just lead them on a wild-goose-chase. Tell them plainly and tell them the truth. That this is difficult, and that they cannot get good jobs. Don't tell them to open their eyes and fix it on the thread because that's a dreadful thing to say.

And for those that have been older here, tell guys the truth.
We were able to take people to where we had been. Now, you guys are taking people to where they cannot be, by encouraging them to be dedicated. This is crass, unfair, and unreasonable.

Do the right thing.

Too much sense no go kill QA. They have been able to create a system that solves all the problems they faced last year (which is what anyone of us would’ve done if we were in their shoes anyway).

Circa June, 2019, the queue was filled with thousands of calls and one could literally always select the calls to work on with the assurance that once you’re done, there will still be more than enough to select from. Difficult calls (usually those with Biritiko accents) were usually avoided because of the stress involved and these companies happened to be the biggest clients. They offered incentives for those calls but that still didn’t work.

Solution? Create a transcriber hierarchy with separate queues for different badge levels and give priority to those who can turn in high volume of quality work. The average transcriber who has been staring at his screen for minutes to do fastest fingers will likely go through the stress to transcribe a difficult call than when he is spoilt for choice. Problem solved.

“If you're not seeing any calls, this is not an error. It just generally means there are no calls available for transcription at the moment as dependent on your badge or queue level.”
I guess the later clarifies the issue of a separate queue for the same badge level and why some struggle to hit 200 minutes and others are hitting 700 minutes. At the end of the day, you’ll get more jobs if you do more jobs.

Newbies: It’s a tough and low paying job, but it’s better than nothing and currently the easiest transcription company to join online. They are constantly looking for new transcribers, if not they will make entry more stringent and disable inactive accounts. If you’re tough enough to work your way up the ladder at QA, then good for you but don’t be deceived, a lot of names that prop up on the leaderboard on QA are able to do so because they are on a separate queue level and may have individuals working shifts to turn up those numbers but it’s not outrightly impossible for your name to be up there. I was able to do over 300 minutes upper week with spare time to do more in this lockdown. I probably would have doubled that if I was in a higher queue level because I had more time on my hands. I want to believe some other gold level transcribers can surpass that time in this lockdown but the job still sucks.

Prenom, you’re doing a wonderful job and I’m happy that a member of this community is one of the leading transcribers at QA. Perhaps what hausadreturn and the rest of us would want you to share in one post is how you’re able to do it. I see that you’ve also been active in this thread but the newbies need to know the grind. How many hours do you work daily? How are you able to balance transcribing and daily life? What targets do you set for yourself weekly? What’s your monthly income? Can one do this full time? How long do you wait before you get jobs in the queue? Do you have any issues when you want to withdraw your funds? Do you get special emails from the QA team? This will give newbies insights to the pinnacle of the hustle they are about taking up and to further encourage them and also help average subscribers up their game.

At the end of the day, what’s important is being able to use this as a means of income especially now that it’s tough to get funds offline.

Happy Transcribing Everyone. Enjoy the game of fastest fingers!

Although the ban on my drawnobet account has been lifted, I still can’t post anything using the account

13 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ajoky45(f): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2020
Hi everyone, am new to dis transcribing stuff, av done all necessary procedures am about to start d transcribing task itself. Plss i need ur assistant on how become successful on dis path.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ajoky45(f): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2020
I need ur guidelines and d max call I can get per day.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
UBA will be so happy for Africard and the easy forex you're are still able to bring them. grin

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kamikaz1: 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
kinzu:

Too much sense no go kill QA. They have been able to create a system that solves all the problems they faced last year (which is what anyone of us would’ve done if we were in their shoes anyway).

Circa June, 2019, the queue was filled with thousands of calls and one could literally always select the calls to work on with the assurance that once you’re done, there will still be more than enough to select from. Difficult calls (usually those with Biritiko accents) were usually avoided because of the stress involved and these companies happened to be the biggest clients. They offered incentives for those calls but that still didn’t work.

Solution? Create a transcriber hierarchy with separate queues for different badge levels and give priority to those who can turn in high volume of quality work. The average transcriber who has been staring at his screen for minutes to do fastest fingers will likely go through the stress to transcribe a difficult call than when he is spoilt for choice. Problem solved.

“If you're not seeing any calls, this is not an error. It just generally means there are no calls available for transcription at the moment as dependent on your badge or queue level.”
I guess the later clarifies the issue of a separate queue for the same badge level and why some struggle to hit 200 minutes and others are hitting 700 minutes. At the end of the day, you’ll get more jobs if you do more jobs.

Newbies: It’s a tough and low paying job, but it’s better than nothing and currently the easiest transcription company to join online. They are constantly looking for new transcribers, if not they will make entry more stringent and disable inactive accounts. If you’re tough enough to work your way up the ladder at QA, then good for you but don’t be deceived, a lot of names that prop up on the leaderboard on QA are able to do so because they are on a separate queue level and may have individuals working shifts to turn up those numbers but it’s not outrightly impossible for your name to be up there. I was able to do over 300 minutes upper week with spare time to do more in this lockdown. I probably would have doubled that if I was in a higher queue level because I had more time on my hands. I want to believe some other gold level transcribers can surpass that time in this lockdown but the job still sucks.

Prenom, you’re doing a wonderful job and I’m happy that a member of this community is one of the leading transcribers at QA. Perhaps what hausadreturn and the rest of us would want you to share in one post is how you’re able to do it. I see that you’ve also been active in this thread but the newbies need to know the grind. How many hours do you work daily? How are you able to balance transcribing and daily life? What targets do you set for yourself weekly? What’s your monthly income? Can one do this full time? How long do you wait before you get jobs in the queue? Do you have any issues when you want to withdraw your funds? Do you get special emails from the QA team? This will give newbies insights to the pinnacle of the hustle they are about taking up and to further encourage them and also help average subscribers up their game.

At the end of the day, what’s important is being able to use this as a means of income especially now that it’s tough to get funds offline.

Although the ban on my drawnobet account has been lifted, I still can’t post anything using the account

Wow.. nice..so you re drawnobet,creator of this thread. Respect! Beautiful write up.

6 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kaey10(m): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
Have tried Linking my Gt bank card with my PayPal account bt it kips declining. pls wt do i do?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
kaey10:
Have tried Linking my Gt bank card with my PayPal account bt it kips declining. pls wt do i do?

Do what everyone else is doing. Get an africard. You can also go to the bank site and chat them up

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
kamikaz1:

Wow.. nice..so you re drawnobet,creator of this thread. Respect! Beautiful write up.

Thanks. And much respect to all those that have kept it going. It's still a legit gig

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
samsard:
UBA will be so happy for Africard and the easy forex you're are still able to bring them. grin
Them no go want make you loud am
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
kinzu:
Yeye people. Where you disappear color from
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by demexTK(m): 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
Hello, please m currently having a issue, I use chrome on mobile, nd some minutes into the job, d snippets disappeared wit it showing me "sorry, your browser does not support in live SVG"...how do I go about this..?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Bliss955(m): 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
Pls, is it possible to transfer fund from my PayPal to my bank account, if yes? What is required and d procedure.
Thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
Bliss955:
Pls, is it possible to transfer fund from my PayPal to my bank account, if yes? What is required and d procedure.
Thanks
Are you a transcriber on this thread?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Samxie(m): 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
kinzu:

Drawnobet, is that you?
You are literally a life saver. I need to show you small love.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by realest2(m): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2020
kinzu:

so what's the average a newbie can make like this?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2020
realest2:
so what's the average a newbie can make like this?
You can always take a dive and find out for yourself, all newbies aren't born equal.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
kinzu:

lol...qa changed the rules. Man had to adjust and seek other hustles to level up wink

U are back from ur sabbatical I guess grin grin

Welcome back bro
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
thorrvik55:

U are back from ur sabbatical I guess grin grin

Welcome back bro

Thanks bro
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:37pm On Apr 27, 2020
demexTK:
Hello, please m currently having a issue, I use chrome on mobile, nd some minutes into the job, d snippets disappeared wit it showing me "sorry, your browser does not support in live SVG"...how do I go about this..?

Slack or take off Snippets before you start work

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2020
Samxie:

Drawnobet, is that you?
You are literally a life saver. I need to show you small love.

No loud am abeg grin You've already shown love by helping in this thread. Thank God the gig is still paying. Bless up bro

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 1:00am On Apr 28, 2020
kinzu:

No loud am abeg grin You've already shown love by helping in this thread. Thank God the gig is still paying. Bless up bro
Love you bro. God bless ya.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 1:04am On Apr 28, 2020
demexTK:
Ctrl+Z will reset it back to normal.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 2:39am On Apr 28, 2020
This new platform wants to send me back to the village. Abeg is anyone else having problems using a mobile phone and how have you been able to deal with it?

Help a brother.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2020
skywalker95:
This new platform wants to send me back to the village. Abeg is anyone else having problems using a mobile phone and how have you been able to deal with it?

Help a brother.

What I noticed is that when on mobile, if I try to work on the call as a whole, it gets really really slow(it takes a couple of seconds b4 what I type appears on the screen), eventually, I discovered that when I break the call down to different segments(each segment with 6 lines or more) b4 working dat issue of it being slow is eliminated.

B4 I work, I also remove all snippets. I find it easier to work without the snippets on mobile.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Bliss955(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2020
samsard:
Are you a transcriber on this thread?
yea I am
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2020
thorrvik55:

What I noticed is that when on mobile, if I try to work on the call as a whole, it gets really really slow(it takes a couple of seconds b4 what I type appears on the screen), eventually, I discovered that when I break the call down to different segments(each segment with 6 lines or more) b4 working dat issue of it being slow is eliminated.

B4 I work, I also remove all snippets. I find it easier to work without the snippets on mobile.
Thanks I'll try this.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by demexTK(m): 11:53am On Apr 28, 2020
berbs:

Ctrl+Z will reset it back to normal.
Tnkx bruh, nd wat if itz on mobile, how do I go about dat?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
demexTK:

Tnkx bruh, nd wat if itz on mobile, how do I go about dat?
Download NextApp Technical Keyboard and use whenever you get to that crossroad.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by demexTK(m): 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2020
Tnkx elderz in diz thread, my 1st transcription was rated 1 and 2 after edit, despite hours working on it, plz how do I improve so I don't get blocked from the platform. Thankx
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
QA have come again with another new feature.

It does not favour guys dat just joined the platform sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.