Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425427 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
thorrvik55:
QA have come again with another new feature.

It does not favour guys dat just joined the platform sha

I swear.. They want to lay off people, but won't stop accepting newbies. Generating traffic is another way they make money and that's why they keep the newbies coming in. I happened to work over 400 minutes last week and was among top 200 transcribers. The new interface I now have is for me to just request for the call range I want and they'll just send me an email when the call is reserved. I have 30 minutes to pick it up or I flag it and request for another one.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 1miccza: 1:22am On Apr 29, 2020
kinzu:

Too much sense no go kill QA. They have been able to create a system that solves all the problems they faced last year (which is what anyone of us would’ve done if we were in their shoes anyway).

Circa June, 2019, the queue was filled with thousands of calls and one could literally always select the calls to work on with the assurance that once you’re done, there will still be more than enough to select from. Difficult calls (usually those with Biritiko accents) were usually avoided because of the stress involved and these companies happened to be the biggest clients. They offered incentives for those calls but that still didn’t work.

Solution? Create a transcriber hierarchy with separate queues for different badge levels and give priority to those who can turn in high volume of quality work. The average transcriber who has been staring at his screen for minutes to do fastest fingers will likely go through the stress to transcribe a difficult call than when he is spoilt for choice. Problem solved.

“If you're not seeing any calls, this is not an error. It just generally means there are no calls available for transcription at the moment as dependent on your badge or queue level.”
I guess the later clarifies the issue of a separate queue for the same badge level and why some struggle to hit 200 minutes and others are hitting 700 minutes. At the end of the day, you’ll get more jobs if you do more jobs.

Newbies: It’s a tough and low paying job, but it’s better than nothing and currently the easiest transcription company to join online. They are constantly looking for new transcribers, if not they will make entry more stringent and disable inactive accounts. If you’re tough enough to work your way up the ladder at QA, then good for you but don’t be deceived, a lot of names that prop up on the leaderboard on QA are able to do so because they are on a separate queue level and may have individuals working shifts to turn up those numbers but it’s not outrightly impossible for your name to be up there. I was able to do over 300 minutes upper week with spare time to do more in this lockdown. I probably would have doubled that if I was in a higher queue level because I had more time on my hands. I want to believe some other gold level transcribers can surpass that time in this lockdown but the job still sucks.

Prenom, you’re doing a wonderful job and I’m happy that a member of this community is one of the leading transcribers at QA. Perhaps what hausadreturn and the rest of us would want you to share in one post is how you’re able to do it. I see that you’ve also been active in this thread but the newbies need to know the grind. How many hours do you work daily? How are you able to balance transcribing and daily life? What targets do you set for yourself weekly? What’s your monthly income? Can one do this full time? How long do you wait before you get jobs in the queue? Do you have any issues when you want to withdraw your funds? Do you get special emails from the QA team? This will give newbies insights to the pinnacle of the hustle they are about taking up and to further encourage them and also help average subscribers up their game.

At the end of the day, what’s important is being able to use this as a means of income especially now that it’s tough to get funds offline.

Happy Transcribing Everyone. Enjoy the game of fastest fingers!

Although the ban on my drawnobet account has been lifted, I still can’t post anything using the account

Do they accept other payment accounts other than paypal ? if yes how do i register the account?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by 1miccza: 1:57am On Apr 29, 2020
We have issues with paypal withdrawals in Nigeria, how do we deal with it??
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 2:50am On Apr 29, 2020
1miccza:
We have issues with paypal withdrawals in Nigeria, how do we deal with it??

Page 1
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2020
nwafresh:

I swear.. They want to lay off people, but won't stop accepting newbies. Generating traffic is another way they make money and that's why they keep the newbies coming in. I happened to work over 400 minutes last week and was among top 200 transcribers. The new interface I now have is for me to just request for the call range I want and they'll just send me an email when the call is reserved. I have 30 minutes to pick it up or I flag it and request for another one.
I was surprised to see that feature in my dashboard last night. It's somehow good sha, but they kept reserving FC UK calls for me grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2020
Mekanus:
I was surprised to see that feature in my dashboard last night. It's somehow good sha, but they kept reserving FC UK calls for me grin grin

LOL... I've worked on few Chl, FC (not UK own), Sqr(my fav)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 7:54am On Apr 29, 2020
Mekanus:

If u don't want FC UK calls, u specify. Instead of entering payment range of 0.15 to 0.25, u enter 0.15 to 0.20.. It's those FC UK calls dat are 0.25 I think
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2020
nwafresh:

From wot the Big Madam said, dat feature is still in it's beta phase and they're still testing it out..

If u check at the right u'll see number of claims = infinity. I believe after the test period those dat are not among the very top transcribers would not have unlimited number of claims. One might get like 20 to 30 claims per week depending on how many minutes he works the previous week..
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 8:09am On Apr 29, 2020
nwafresh:

And that's how you can land 700 minutes this week. Well done bruv. Them no go talk this one for Slack
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 8:11am On Apr 29, 2020
thorrvik55:

From wot the Big Madam said, dat feature is still in it's beta phase and they're still testing it out..

If u check at the right u'll see number of claims = infinity. I believe after the test period those dat are not among the very top transcribers would not have unlimited number of claims. One might get like 20 to 30 claims per week depending on how many minutes he works the previous week..

Very possible. They sure are good at incentivizing yet maintaining the mediocre pay. The fear of fastest fingers alone is one thing
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:53am On Apr 29, 2020
kinzu:

And that's how you can land 700 minutes this week. Well done bruv. Them no go talk this one for Slack

LOL... 700 what? With epileptic power supply in our country, abi? grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2020
nwafresh:

LOL... 700 what? With epileptic power supply in our country, abi? grin

Well, that's another factor but if you can bank 400mins with fastest fingers, you'd do more with cherry-picking enabled

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2020
thorrvik55:

That's true.. I'm also suspecting that this is as a result of the Yanki trying to lift the Lockdown next week, hence lots of phone calls from loans and other companies will be massive. Those calls with high priorities will be dished out to the people with this new features (Especially FC UK calls, sad but true ).

I had a conversation with Big madam last week in her DM and she was telling me that very soon, if dia engineers achieve what they're planning to, that's for AI transcripts to be perfect, she's going to be working with people in her team. So you might think there are little or no calls but at the backend, some selected people are cashing out big time. I think this new feature MIGHT be a step forward( not 100% sure).
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2020
thorrvik55:

If u don't want FC UK calls, u specify. Instead of entering payment range of 0.15 to 0.25, u enter 0.15 to 0.20.. It's those FC UK calls dat are 0.25 I think
Yeah, it was my greed that brought those FC UK calls. I had put the highest rates possible and boom, within few minutes, FC UK call was reserved grin grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2020
Mekanus:
Yeah, it was my greed that brought those FC UK calls. I had put the highest rates possible and boom, within few minutes, FC UK call was reserved grin grin grin

LOL... Well, I'm getting used to the Beta platform using ucbrowser and segmenting the transcripts like @thorrvik55 advised. Bring it on!!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2020
nwafresh:

LOL... Well, I'm getting used to the Beta platform using ucbrowser and segmenting the transcripts like @thorrvik55 advised. Bring it on!!!
I told you you'd love it in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Raymondfayowole(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Pls, I'm having trouble logging to my paypal acct. Is anybody experiencing same?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by skywalker95(m): 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
nwafresh:

Do you put any specific setting in your ucbrowser, Bros Jude?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
skywalker95:

Do you put any specific setting in your ucbrowser, Bros Jude?

No.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Hausa(m): 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by mccben4(m): 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
Gurus in the house please help,I registered 2 days ago and I have not seen any call like this
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ayipo247(m): 9:25am On Apr 30, 2020
It's Payment Day, if you don't have the Africard yet.

Come swap all your Paypal funds with money at a very cool rate.

Call or WhatsApp 08162714017.

Happy Trading !!!

You can come with all your gift cards too.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2020
nwafresh:

No.

Do u work with the snippets or u remove them?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kaey10(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2020
Pls i tried Linking my bank with my PayPal account bt I don't knw wt dey mean by routing number... someone help

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2020
kaey10:
Pls i tried Linking my bank with my PayPal account bt I don't knw wt dey mean by routing number... someone help

Why bank account?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kaey10(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2020
thorrvik55:

Why bank account?
Pardon
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2020
kaey10:

Pardon

Why are u linking a bank account?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2020
thorrvik55:

Why bank account?
Obviously he didn't care to read further.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kaey10(m): 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
thorrvik55:

Why are u linking a bank account?
I got a mail from PayPal asking to link my bank and a credit/ debit card
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ronicare: 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
please, what can I use as an option or excuse to release a call I don't want? Thank you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
thorrvik55:

Do u work with the snippets or u remove them?

I work with snippets

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.