Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422785 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Chevrolet076(m): 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Please guys, which is the best browser to use where you won't have problem editing the time stamp......

I'm using chrome and it's telling me that the time stamp cannot be manually edited... And sometimes I mistakenly type click on it while transcribing....

Any help
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Deepocean(m): 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
Please, I have been failing the test after using two email accounts, I later passed the test with the third email. But the congratulatory message was sent to me via the first email address I used that I failed, please what the reason for this and which address is it adviceable to use for the PayPal setup? Thanks.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by temmylee(f): 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Please am interested
drawnobet:
Yes you can be self employed anywhere you are in the country transcribing for a living.

This thread will teach you everything you need to know to start up and the tools needed to deliver the goods.

You would need

1. A PC, tab or mobile phone
2. Affordable internet connection
3. Good head phones
4 Good command of English

Everything else can be learned on this thread. For those of us who have already started transcribing, we're welcome to share our ideas here so that this can be our online community.

To avoid this thread being banned, kindly let us adhere to all the rules of Nairaland.

Should we want to share screenshots, kindly let's block the company and important call info.

Also all forms of advertising is prohibited and will be reported.

Edited 9/7/2019 posted by samsard for newbies. Once you master these, the rest go easy

E.g
Rep: I was gonna, uhmmm, I was gonna tell ya about, about the new product we launched.
What they need: I was going to tell you about the new product we launched.

Punctuation: Hello, Philip. It's Emily calling from CLH Group. How're you doing today?
Cust: I'm fine, thank you. And how are you?

Longer calls will be more complex in terms of punctuation but for a start
A comma before and after a name in mid sentence. A comma before or after a name in salutation.
You're also allowed MINOR corrections for making clear transcripts.
Anyway, read through the FAQ and regularly Consult it while working at least till you acquaint yourself with it's detail

All full company names, PayPal email addresses and screenshots that include confidential company information must not be shared on this thread and will be reported
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by okirewaju(f): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
Modified

Sorted out already

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
kendoschurrle:

This problem is most certainly always from UBA. It shows the card is not fully activated. You have to call them and have the card reset. Once it's done, use the code they will give you to go and change the pin on a UBA atm again. Make sure you try a withdrawal on the ATM. If the withdrawal works, the card is active. At least that's what I did in my own time.
I am having exactly the same issue with this person, but I do fund and use my card for recharging my phone, but I have not used it to withdraw, though.

I complained to UBA twitter and one of their customer care that called me told me that I don't have my BVN linked to my card, and that I don't have my zip code information on my card address, even though I provided those two things during the registration.

I don't understand how I can use my card to recharge when BVN is not linked to it. I am yet to go to their branch like the girl suggested, though.
But is that possible?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by womanofsteel: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
Drawnobet please help me out.
womanofsteel:
Good morning everyone, I'm new to the transcribing world. My question is:

What do I actually transcribe? Is it the wriiten text or what I hear from the audio?.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
womanofsteel:
Drawnobet please help me out.
Did you watch the training videos and read the FAQ? You're supposed to edit the text to match the audio according to the guidelines in the FAQ. What you're seeing is the AI generated transcript.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by okirewaju(f): 10:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
Sorted
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 19, 2020
☺☺
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by justiniyke29: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2020
Hello guys, I opened a PayPal account and everything is going smoothly I think. I want to know if it's only the afribank card that is working or can I use my gtbank master card or my access master card? Who else have had success using other bank card apart from afribank card?
I would have gone for it but there is no uba bank close to my location
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
justiniyke29:
Hello guys, I opened a PayPal account and everything is going smoothly I think. I want to know if it's only the afribank card that is working or can I use my gtbank master card or my access master card? Who else have had success using other bank card apart from afribank card?
I hear there are other cards that work, strictly prepaid I think. But absolutely no MasterCard will withdraw from Lesotho PayPal even if it's from CBN.
I could be wrong though.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by justiniyke29: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
samsard:
I hear there are other cards that work, strictly prepaid I think. But absolutely no MasterCard will withdraw from Lesotho PayPal even if it's from CBN.
I could be wrong though.
what do you mean by strictly prepaid? And do you think visa card from access or gtbank will work?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
I heard stanbic prepaid card works
justiniyke29:
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 20, 2020
Guys, I've come to realize that some calls are not just clear enough. They usually lead to mishear(s) and a rating of 2. However, some still go through it. Is there a special technique, app or secret to having good rating for them?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2020
Schrodinger1:
Guys, I've come to realize that some calls are not just clear enough. They usually lead to mishear(s) and a rating of 2. However, some still still through it. Is there a special technique, app or secret to having good rating for them?
Experience

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Zeezo1000: 8:26am On Jul 20, 2020
Schrodinger1:
Guys, I've come to realize that some calls are not just clear enough. They usually lead to mishear(s) and a rating of 2. However, some still still through it. Is there a special technique, app or secret to having good rating for them?
Endurance. Most learn by failing many times.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by fidelium7(m): 8:43am On Jul 20, 2020
Good morning everyone, pls let someone guide us the newbies through the basics of transcribing. Pls
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Want2workathome(f): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hello.

Please, I need help with this.

I tried linking my UBA Africard to my PayPal account on 13/7 and I got a notification to confirm it immediately. Upon clicking on confirm, I got a notification from UBA saying 'Denial-POS Reversal' having deducted #435.66. As we speak, I'm yet to get the PayPal code, and there is no refund yet; it's been eight days now.

Please, what do I do next?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
Zeezo1000:

Endurance. Most learn by failing many times.
Thanks Guys. seems there's scarcity of calls today.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Khaytunechi: 12:16am On Jul 21, 2020
samsard:
Is there an app I could download on my PC that would make transcribing easier?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ayipo247(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
MsBella:
Hello everyone. I am having issues linking my card to paypal.
- I have collected my Africard - international high, changed the pin, logged in to my prepaid card platform and done the needful
- I have funded my account with 3k, the bank has made their deductions and what is left there is enough for the other deduction PP will make.
- My address also corresponds with what I have on my UBA profile.
- My email has been confirmed by PP but when I fill in all the details to link my card and I submit, the card ends up being declined.
- I also followed the PDF on the first page though I signed up for LS instead of UAE and eventhough some parts of the PP interface is diffrent from what is in the PDF, I got though it till it came to linking the card. Any pointers on what I should do?

Have you been able to sort this out? Currently having same issue
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MsBella: 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
ayipo247:

Have you been able to sort this out? Currently having same issue

Not yet. I have not had the time but I will be there tomorrow morning if it does not rain.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ayipo247(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
MsBella:

Not yet. I have not had the time but I will be there tomorrow morning if it does not rain.

All right. Keep us posted

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by manTEA: 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
drizzy000:
Please someone direct me on how to open a Lesotho Paypal. Thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Want2workathome(f): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
Want2workathome:
Hello.

Please, I need help with this.

I tried linking my UBA Africard to my PayPal account on 13/7 and I got a notification to confirm it immediately. Upon clicking on confirm, I got a notification from UBA saying 'Denial-POS Reversal' having deducted #435.66. As we speak, I'm yet to get the PayPal code, and there is no refund yet; it's been eight days now.

Somebody please, help me out with this.

Please, what do I do next?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sirblend: 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
My problem with transcribing is the time frame.
I use about 2 hours 30 minutes to transcribe a 4 minutes audio. Anyway out of this?.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
[quote author=Want2workathome post=91955175][/quote]
Talk to UBA on twitter
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
sirblend:
My problem with transcribing is the time frame.
I use about 2 hours 30 minutes to transcribe a 4 minutes audio. Anyway out of this?.
grin Chai. That is definitely wayyyyy too much

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.