Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422808 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:36am On Aug 26, 2019
To avoid heartbreaks, by all means avoid UC Browser. I lost my work twice today on that shitty browser because of broken connection, something I live with on chrome

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 9:38am On Aug 26, 2019
brian91:

Pls I was trying to register for a PayPal account and I choose Lesotho as my nationality but was confused on the address am to use, pls how do you go about yours?

Everything you need to do is in that ebook. Use your correct home address that's on any of your utility bill (NEPA or WATER BILL) so that it will correspond when you'll open your AFRICARD prepaid account with UBA.

And leave the postal/zip code blank. In fact, just read that ebook slowly again.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2019
Guys, travel agent calling cruise line na Rep to Rep o. Don't transcribe. They will first give you auto 5 then change it later. I'm in pains
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2019
kinzu:
Guys, travel agent calling cruise line na Rep to Rep o. Don't transcribe. They will first give you auto 5 then change it later. I'm in pains

As long as it's a travel agent calling then it's a rep to rep unless the travel agent puts the customer on the line...

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
thorrvik55:

As long as it's a travel agent calling then it's a rep to rep unless the travel agent puts the customer on the line...

Thanks bro. Them for give me small thing na. Maybe 3 instead of a 1. Got an auto 5 on it initially. Will stick to my SR and PF

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
Biggieboy:

Who relating with people epp?

Na money everybody dey find abeg.

Do you do this full time?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
generationz:

Do you do this full time?

Something like that sha. I'm a freelancer but jobs are not always available so I try to maximize my time on QA.

It's been all good so far. I can't remember the last time I made less than 20k in a week I worked on QA fully...

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ayo199(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
Biggieboy:

Something like that sha. I'm a freelancer but jobs are not always available so I try to maximize my time on QA.

It's been all good so far. I can't remember the last time I made less than 20k in a week I worked on QA fully...
That's like 8$ per day..
its not easy for me to even hit 5$ per day consistently.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
kinzu:

Thanks bro. Them for give me small thing na. Maybe 3 instead of a 1. Got an auto 5 on it initially. Will stick to my SR and PF
Auto 5??
Is there anything like that?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2019
Biritiko:

Auto 5??
Is there anything like that?

Wella. Most of those travel calls I do are rated immediately after I submit. Sometimes PF and SR. Maybe them dey take am motivate I no know
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
Biggieboy:

SALUTE. 20k on Qa weekly is not joking stuff grin

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NEVOH: 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2019
The customer says March 31st, 1957. Should I leave as is or transcribe as 31/3/1957 ?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2019
NEVOH:
The customer says March 31st, 1957. Should I leave as is or transcribe as 31/3/1957 ?
Check FAQ quickly.
I cant remember the details, but it’s in there.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2019
NEVOH:

March 31, 1957
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NEVOH: 9:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
Do you transcribe "ouch" or skip it?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2019
NEVOH:
Do you transcribe "ouch" or skip it?
Why would you want to skip it?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NEVOH: 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
What if a rep and a customer is on convo and then another person in the background of the customer makes a comment related to the convo (just once, because the person can hear what they are discussing) and the rep laughs. Should it be transcribed?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
NEVOH:
What if a rep and a customer is on convo and then another person in the background of the customer makes a comment related to the convo (just once, because the person can hear what they are discussing) and the rep laughs. Should it be transcribed?

Id advice you to download slack app on playstore so that you can ask and get answers immediately based on calls.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NEVOH: 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
nwafresh:

Id advice you to download slack app on playstore so that you can ask and get answers immediately based on calls.

I already have slack and I use it all the time. But some of my questions they don't answer.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
NEVOH:

I already have slack and I use it all the time. But some of my questions they don't answer.

They won’t answer questions that have been answered in the FAQ already .
You should go and read the FAQ again
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by queenDD(f): 4:14am On Aug 27, 2019
nwafresh:

Don't worry. Even if you get kicked out, create another email or use a close friend's own with a new number and start again. We're Nigerians, we don't give up easily. You must fight to finish

Thank you for the kind words.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by queenDD(f): 4:17am On Aug 27, 2019
Good morning guys.
Last week, I worked on 5 calls, got the following ratings 5=3, 2=1, 1=1 and my average rating score for the week is showing 2.5 instead of 3.6.
What should I do? Is there someone I can complain to? I think it's an error.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 4:21am On Aug 27, 2019
queenDD:
Good morning guys.
Last week, I worked on 5 calls, got the following ratings 5=3, 2=1, 1=1 and my average rating score for the week is showing 2.5 instead of 3.6.

Last 10 calls
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 4:31am On Aug 27, 2019
queenDD:
Good morning guys.
Make your complaints on slack na
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by queenDD(f): 4:51am On Aug 27, 2019
Biritiko:

Make your complaints on slack na

Okay, thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Narnah(f): 5:26am On Aug 27, 2019
I've been having issues updating my full name for the Non Disclosure Agreement. Every time I click submit, it just brings a blank form again asking for the same details.

Anyone with a solution please?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2019
Narnah:
I've been having issues updating my full name for the Non Disclosure Agreement. Every time I click submit, it just brings a blank form again asking for the same details.

Anyone with a solution please?

Change your browser. Clear your cookies
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2019
statement #84/84 - (20 seconds) duration of all statements is 7.5 minutes

Aug 27, 2019 14:27 min NOT YET RATED

E be like say them dey do promo. I hope say them go rate am well sha
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2019
kinzu:
statement #84/84 - (20 seconds) duration of all statements is 7.5 minutes

Aug 27, 2019 14:27 min NOT YET RATED

E be like say them dey do promo. I hope say them go rate am well sha

Yes. It would be rated and u'll get paid for 14 mins as long as the conversation ended at that 7 mins and the remaining 7 mins is just dead air.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 10:23am On Aug 27, 2019
Ayo199:

That's like 8$ per day..
its not easy for me to even hit 5$ per day consistently.

Do u transcribe back to back. Like, after u are done with one call, u pick another immediately, or u wait to see the ratings of the other call first to know if u should pick another or not?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2019
samsard:
SALUTE. 20k on Qa weekly is not joking stuff grin

It's not, but if u have the time then it's possible on a weekly basis. It all has to do with the time u put into it...

And also the determination.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by mhizzcherry(f): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2019
Good Day Everyone,so i just passed the transcribing test,what is the next step,I already have an Account with UBA,so should i go there and ask for International Africard first

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.