Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1441867 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (1440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Adegbem01(m): 4:39am On Dec 09, 2021
alosbaba007:

I ordered from Anker Official Store, there was free shipping attached to the order, but the initial courier was Singapore post, how the shipping come take land for Fedex hand i cant say ooo.
Wow, good for you, na better luck you jam

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Heyamshay(m): 6:04am On Dec 09, 2021
Please doesn't any know how long for Cainiao Super Economy Global shipping method to get to Lagos?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by IMAliyu(m): 6:39am On Dec 09, 2021
earthrealm:

Whats the limit?..tried it yet?
Giveter:
it should work.
jboixxx:
Try and lets know how far but not sure it's working.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Gideonanj21(m): 7:30am On Dec 09, 2021
Heyamshay:
Please doesn't any know how long for Cainiao Super Economy Global shipping method to get to Lagos?
It depends on the postal service in charge
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by cardiorap: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2021
I need someone to clear me if really, this is genuinely a case of customs duty or that of UPS trying to extort from me.

My parcel quite less than 10Kg, shipped from US through their UPS expedited option and are replacement parts for devices. The shipment process was initiated on 19th November and that same day, I got a mail from them. The mail clearly indicated the my name as the person it was being shipped to and for the address, I used my workplace address, where the name of the company where I work was obvious. It was just meant to be a place of delivery, not that my company purchased the item in question.

I kept tracking the parcel online and on 1st December, it arrived Lagos. At this point, I still didn't get any call or message from them. On 2nd December, it departed Lagos to my city. On 3rd December, early in the morning when I tracked it online, it showed that the parcel arrived my destination city late on 2nd December so I should expect a delay of at least one business day. Shortly, on the same day, it showed that it was processing at UPS facility in my city.

Later in the evening on that same Friday, 3rd of December, the message me got while tracking was that "UPS initiated contact with importer or receiver for clearance information. Once received, UPS will submit for clearance." Even at that point, I didnt receive any call, mail or message from them. So on Monday, 6th December, at about 1pm, I called their customer care, and after giving the person on the other end my tracking number, and answered some questions, I was asked if I had paid for customs duty, which I responded that I wasn't informed of such. She said she was going to send me an invoice via email.

It took another one hour for the mail to arrive. The content of the mail was somewhat suspicious as first, I had to call before I was promised to be sent an invoice. Second, it took up to an hour for the invoice to be sent. Third, when the mail arrived, the content of it had an attachment (PNG image file) named 'image001' which obviously was the invoice. Third, the invoice was prepared and addressed to the company where I work, as against my name, which I am the owner of the item and it was shipped in my name, and even so in their initial mail. And then, the amount seemed to be exorbitant if at all I had to pay duties. Lastly, I was concerned why I needed to pay duties (to UPS bank account, not directly to customs) when my items were already at UPS facility in my destination city, and not when it arrived Lagos which served as the port or point of entry to Nigeria.

After going through their mail, I called back and presented my worries, the customer care lady couldn't say much, she only gave me another phone number to call. I called the phone number she gave to me, I explained the situation to the lady on the phone and at some point she wasn't talking to me but to someone else on the background. I could faintly overhear her reporting the situation to the person while laying emphasis that my item has left Lagos and was already in my city.

The lady, asked to call me back and give a feedback. About twenty minutes later, I got a beep from the phone number I reached her with, when I called back, she told me that nothing can be done about it, that I just have to pay the fees.

The next day, Tuesday, 7th December, I visited their office in my city and after presenting my tracking number to the front desk officer, he said he has initiated contact with me but I wasn't taking calls, and on his desk, I saw a notebook where names, tracking numbers and phone numbers were written, and I quickly sighted my name, item tracking number and phone number recently written, howerevr, the phone number was incorrect as there was a mistake. I explained to him that I wasn't convinced why and how duties were arrived and at such a high rate, he gave me a name, email address and phone numbers to contact, that he was in the best position to communicate to me. I left, called the person and after getting my tracking he told me that he would send me the breakdown of how it arrived at that amount the next morning that their network has not been too friendly.

The next day, since I didn't receive any message from him, I called back and he requested I text him my item tracking number and email address, and I did that immediately, even as we were talking on phone. Till the close of work, I didn't receive an email, message or call from him or anyone from UPS. Rather, I called him four times in the space of three hours and nobody picked up.

Please kindly advise me on this. Thank you.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 09, 2021
cardiorap:
I need someone to clear me if really, this is genuinely a case of customs duty or that of UPS trying to extort from me.

My parcel quite less than 10Kg, shipped from US through their UPS expedited option and are replacement parts for devices. The shipment process was initiated on 19th November and that same day, I got a mail from them. The mail clearly indicated the my name as the person it was being shipped to and for the address, I used my workplace address, where the name of the company where I work was obvious. It was just meant to be a place of delivery, not that my company purchased the item in question.

I kept tracking the parcel online and on 1st December, it arrived Lagos. At this point, I still didn't get any call or message from them. On 2nd December, it departed Lagos to my city. On 3rd December, early in the morning when I tracked it online, it showed that the parcel arrived my destination city late on 2nd December so I should expect a delay of at least one business day. Shortly, on the same day, it showed that it was processing at UPS facility in my city.

Later in the evening on that same Friday, 3rd of December, the message me got while tracking was that "UPS initiated contact with importer or receiver for clearance information. Once received, UPS will submit for clearance." Even at that point, I didnt receive any call, mail or message from them. So on Monday, 6th December, at about 1pm, I called their customer care, and after giving the person on the other end my tracking number, and answered some questions, I was asked if I had paid for customs duty, which I responded that I wasn't informed of such. She said she was going to send me an invoice via email.

It took another one hour for the mail to arrive. The content of the mail was somewhat suspicious as first, I had to call before I was promised to be sent an invoice. Second, it took up to an hour for the invoice to be sent. Third, when the mail arrived, the content of it had an attachment (PNG image file) named 'image001' which obviously was the invoice. Third, the invoice was prepared and addressed to the company where I work, as against my name, which I am the owner of the item and it was shipped in my name, and even so in their initial mail. And then, the amount seemed to be exorbitant if at all I had to pay duties. Lastly, I was concerned why I needed to pay duties (to UPS bank account, not directly to customs) when my items were already at UPS facility in my destination city, and not when it arrived Lagos which served as the port or point of entry to Nigeria.

After going through their mail, I called back and presented my worries, the customer care lady couldn't say much, she only gave me another phone number to call. I called the phone number she gave to me, I explained the situation to the lady on the phone and at some point she wasn't talking to me but to someone else on the background. I could faintly overhear her reporting the situation to the person while laying emphasis that my item has left Lagos and was already in my city.

The lady, asked to call me back and give a feedback. About twenty minutes later, I got a beep from the phone number I reached her with, when I called back, she told me that nothing can be done about it, that I just have to pay the fees.

The next day, Tuesday, 7th December, I visited their office in my city and after presenting my tracking number to the front desk officer, he said he has initiated contact with me but I wasn't taking calls, and on his desk, I saw a notebook where names, tracking numbers and phone numbers were written, and I quickly sighted my name, item tracking number and phone number recently written, howerevr, the phone number was incorrect as there was a mistake. I explained to him that I wasn't convinced why and how duties were arrived and at such a high rate, he gave me a name, email address and phone numbers to contact, that he was in the best position to communicate to me. I left, called the person and after getting my tracking he told me that he would send me the breakdown of how it arrived at that amount the next morning that their network has not been too friendly.

The next day, since I didn't receive any message from him, I called back and he requested I text him my item tracking number and email address, and I did that immediately, even as we were talking on phone. Till the close of work, I didn't receive an email, message or call from him or anyone from UPS. Rather, I called him four times in the space of three hours and nobody picked up.

If you don’t pay the fees, they won’t release your stuffs to you .
That’s ups for you .
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Generalwoodz(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Nobody should transcat with "Giveter" that fool is a scammer

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by earthrealm(m): 11:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Which of this options is best?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2021
cardiorap:

go and pay ur money and collect ur parcel...

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
cardiorap:

It's the way ups and DHL work and they do the same all over the world I remember paying 185 pounds Sterling before I could get my goods in the UK one year like that,half of the weeks wages gone to her majesty just like that. Use trusted importers next time

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by WHITELIGHTER: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lixusheng:

go and pay ur money and collect ur parcel...

We ordered anker speakers same day….have yours arrived the country?! This one don dey use style tey

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Hausa(m): 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
Generalwoodz:
What's the story?

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Folahanmi19(m): 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2021
What's uba and firstbank rate presently pls
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
WHITELIGHTER:

We ordered anker speakers same day….have yours arrived the country?! This one don dey use style tey

I told you back then singapore post items is based on Luck... u nor gree believe grin grin

i have items despatched September October yet to arrive via Singapore post.. but who collect im item fast nor de gree believe until e experience am cheesy cheesy.. Singapore post items make stop in 2-3 countries before coming here.. sometimes it get lost in theae transit countries.. but most times we blame Nipost

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by 13thLegion: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
Generalwoodz:

Please what happened?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by WHITELIGHTER: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lixusheng:

I told you back then singapore post items is based on Luck... u nor gree believe grin grin

i have items despatched September October yet to arrive via Singapore post.. but who collect im item fast nor de gree believe until e experience am cheesy cheesy.. Singapore post items make stop in 2-3 countries before coming here.. sometimes it get lost in theae transit countries.. but most times we blame Nipost

Well, make e land before Xmas sha
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lixusheng:

Abi o.

I have Singapore Post delivery that's been dispatched since Oct. 20th. Only God knows when that one go land.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
WHITELIGHTER:

Well, make e land before Xmas sha

if e nor come dis month jus de wait fr refund... u even get hope.. i like ur guts... grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nana2018: 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
Dmedalion:
call the number on their website and lay a complaint.. whoever responds will request for ur tracking number and dispatch riders name (if ur tracking ends with an R ) They'd apologize and request for ur acc details after few hrs of investigation to verify if really you were charged..once they are done , they'd redund the amount the dispatch rider took from u..
PS: something similar happened with me, I got refunded the next day( I clearly told the dispatcher I would call their office and ask why I was being charged for my parcel that ended with "R" and the rider clearly asked me to go ahead ..which I did after he left ..and they apologized and refunded my money next day.
This happened last month ..dunno about now.. haven't picked up anything recently..

Something similar also happened to a buddy in Warri I ordered some stuffs for , which the dispatcher charged him 200 for else he wouldn't release the parcel..after the experience my buddy called me and explained his encounter with the dispatcher ..I called the dispatcher and told.him I'd report him for the charges ..and his reply was I shouldn't be offended that my buddy gave him the 200 out of generosity to buy drink.. grin

Well, Speedaf riders don’t just request for those sums of money. The waybill numbers determine this. ‘R’ is free and ‘O’ or ‘E’ are not. Nipost collects handling charges from customers though.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
jboixxx:
Abi o.

I have Singapore Post delivery that's been dispatched since Oct. 20th. Only God knows when that one go land.

jus wait for refund...
mai dey drop soundtrack for una.. grin grin grin

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by annass227: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
earthrealm:
Which of this options is best?
It's all about luck.
But I will pick Cainiao over SunYou Economic.
Happy shopping.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Generalwoodz(m): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hausa:
What's the story?
Long story sliced short, Sent PayPal funds, Giveter the cross grained idiot refused to credit me equivalent of 150k. He has seen ghosted me on Whatsapp. And his number has been switched off since but still he lurks around nairaland like a hungry monkey looking for the next prey which is Banana

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Generalwoodz(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
Generalwoodz:
Long story sliced short, Sent PayPal funds, Giveter the cross grained idiot refused to credit me equivalent of 150k. He has seen ghosted me on Whatsapp. And his number has been switched off since but still he lurks around nairaland like a hungry monkey looking for the next prey which is Banana
13thLegion:

Please what happened?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Donsheddy: 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lixusheng:

jus wait for refund... mai dey drop soundtrack for una.. grin grin grin

una dey make fear to catch me like this oh
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
If u sent him as gns report him to PayPal,,also report him to paypal either way through their verified Twitter handle..don't dull on this ..for me ur money is on hold so take actions and best of luck..I remain legit to prevent cases like this
Generalwoodz:

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Nana2018:

Well, Speedaf riders don’t just request for those sums of money. The waybill numbers determine this. ‘R’ is free and ‘O’ or ‘E’ are not. Nipost collects handling charges from customers though.
You're wrong, They are all free with speedaf but you will pay with nipost depending on the weight of the item because they are looking for revenue source. I paid 200 naira for my parcel that ended with R at the post office. Nigerians are very greedy money grabbing squirrelling vacuous people,hence the antics of the speedaf courier workers. They will end up damaging and ruining the company

4 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Gideonanj21(m): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
annass227:

It's all about luck.
But I will pick Cainiao over SunYou Economic.
Happy shopping.
These couriers r just shit.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by itsUmohEtido(m): 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
Message deleted sad
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DOMINO001: 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
Please my ogas in the house, when should I be expecting their call from them(post office)?
I ordered on 11/11
With LP... tracking

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kizileo(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
How una de talk say speedaf na free when they sent me this?
Babalegba:
You're wrong, They are all free with speedaf but you will pay with nipost depending on the weight of the item because they are looking for revenue source. I paid 200 naira for my parcel that ended with R at the post office. Nigerians are very greedy money grabbing squirrelling vacuous people,hence the antics of the speedaf courier workers. They will end up damaging and ruining the company

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kizileo(m): 3:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
Please does this mean that my package has arrived?
And who knows speedaf's pickup station in Owerri?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by avalon7(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
Has anyone here made payment via PayPal on AliExpress here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (1440) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: sironyeka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.