Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed (48747 Views)

Nigeria Listed For Possible War Crimes By International Criminal Court (ICC) / Nurses Bemoan Rising Suicide Rate Among Students; Advice Authorities And The You / Suicide Rate By Country 2019, Nigeria Is Among (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by MrDojo(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
If one study the report well, they will notice the difference between male and female in other countries is significantly large. Unlike Nigeria where the difference is minute. This shows that what is affecting the male population is also affecting the females, too. Your guess is as good as mine on his what it is.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by bejick(m): 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:
The fact is that many suicide cases in Nigeria aren’t reported, the reason while we have low number of cases recorded for us.
exactly my guy, since we don't have good data base and records.
Buhari why.
Lagos traffic alone is enough reason for suicide. grin grin
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by crafteck(m): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
nothingspoil70:
Suicide is not an option your miracle or breakthrough may just be around the corner

Do you know how many corners they checked?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Trexnemesis(m): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2019
Donpeak:
Thank you! I am sure Nigeria will make the top 3 to 5 if an accurate representation is made.Too many gullible folks in this contraption called Nigeria.

Relax, no vex. After all, Na we still carry first in Africa as usual in bad things.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2019
SEGLIZ:

from that data above, what benefit has it brought world but pains.
how is suicide an escape route from the challenges of this world?
is your birth a mistake that you are claiming people are born by mistake.
if you are an intending suicidee, it makes profit to you or anypne us.

Yes, our existence is all by chance. Any of my ancestors procreating with a different partner would have led to different generations of possible offsprings, my father and me not existing.
I could easily not have existed, and no one would have noticed.
The fact my existence is just one of endless possible outcomes shows that there is no individual/particular purpose to my existence.
There is no gain in continued suffering only to absorbed into the void of nonexistence when we die. Why not die now and save oneself from 100- years of existence suffering?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Eavy(m): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
The rate, is it yearly or daily?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by SEGLIZ: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
Adakintroy:

The day our ranking is positive you people will find another angle. Do you always want us to be rank high negatively.

my brother no mind that noddles generation guy up there. we can never rank high in this situation look suicide is always not the for an average Nigerian or African.
an average black man is wired to absorb pressure than the white folks. I want to believe the aftermath of foreign civilisation through the mass media (majorly through their movies) is the resultant effect we are reaping.
take a good of the suicide rate it basically the noodles and telly whatever they call it are the victim of Nigeria's data.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:
Proves that no place guarantees happiness. See all these places we aim to relocate to - they all have higher suicide rate than Nigeria.
I also notice that far more men kill themselves in most countries but in Naija it is about even. Wonder why.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

U.s isn on list? Fake list
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by joepentwo(m): 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
Suicide is an option afta all we'll die at due time.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by SEGLIZ: 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
Squillaci:

Yes, our existence is all by chance. Any of my ancestors procreating with a different partner would have led to different generations of possible offsprings, my father and me not existing.
I could easily not have existed, and no one would have noticed.
The fact my existence is just one of endless possible outcomes shows that there is no individual/particular purpose to my existence.
There is no gain in continued suffering only to absorbed into the void of nonexistence when we die. Why not die now and save oneself from 100- years of existence?

neither is there profit in the termination of life.
the existence of man goes beyond the book, it is not a mere philosophical talk.
man is wired beyond suicide like I earlier said only a coward will choose suicide for a transitional exit.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by alizma: 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:
The fact is that many suicide cases in Nigeria aren’t reported, the reason while we have low number of cases recorded for us.
That figure is in every 100,000 people
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by lomprico(m): 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:
Proves that no place guarantees happiness. See all these places we aim to relocate to - they all have higher suicide rate than Nigeria.
I also notice that far more men kill themselves in most countries but in Naija it is about even. Wonder why.

Show us the rating b4 2015 before I comment.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by lomprico(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:

Show us the rating b4 2015 before I comment
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by pfadom: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
In Nigeria, male and female folks are competing for suicide. Parents, guardian, religious bodies especially and different ethnic communities should rise to stem the ugly tide.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by deavicky(m): 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
Every time they go like cheat Nigeria why are not among the first 5.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by grandstar(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
anonimi:

is the government ever different from the people who own it (the government)

Yes, it can be different from the people. Rwanda is an example. It's condition should even be worse than Burundi considering the ethnic cleansing that occurred but instead it is a shining star.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
Just now saw that this is on front page.
MY VERY FIRST TOPIC ON NAIRALAND MADE FRONT PAGE!!
Soooo I'm opening a consultancy - for a reasonable fee I'll advise u on how to move your topic to first page. cheesy
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
nothingspoil70:
Suicide is not an option your miracle or breakthrough may just be around the corner

So true. It is darkest before Dawn. Happens all the time.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:

Not true. Suicide has always been a BIG deal in Nigeria and always makes front page. More so before than now. In other countries they bury it in page 8
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
freemanbubble:
Make them do update as at yesterday or this morning
You go see say Nigeria don climb up to number one
But seriously sha
Me nor dey understand how people go carry dey commit suicide

Which kind life wahalar I get when i go dey think of suicide as option
I dey craze
Anyway Bini boys and warri boys can never commit suicide. No matter what

If I get problem then i go smoke enough weed

When i fail all my programming language
Pascal F
Fortran F

As i see the result. Na call my guy make he buy enough weed
Na so i take smoke till 2am

But some people can't stand weed or alcohol. What's your advice to them?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
Wesporting:
Most of the country on that list is either heartbreak.

Nigeria is hunger, oppression, poverty, lack of jobs and so on.

The OP is an APC member

Keep deceiving yourself.

I'm neither APC nor PDP, though I supported Atiku because of Obi
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
tactius:
A mistake Nigerians make is linking depression to lack of material wealth

It is not so! You can be as rich as Croesus, yet miserable as a rain beaten animal

So true. I'm sure u live abroad. People living in Nigeria rarely realise this.
Who is Croesus? Is he richer than Dangote?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
lol. Be deceiving urselves... The countries u are talking about suicide are committed because of trivial issues like emotions, failed relationships, bullying etc.. In Nigeria poverty and depression is the major cause... Don't sugarcoat ur sufferings please..

It is usually extreme unhappiness that leads to suicide.
This demonstrates u can be extremely unhappy in any country. A Nigerian living in US (our heaven) can be unhappy to the point of suicide

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Minjim: 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
anonimi:

Reporting is one thing the other is collating the statistics in a reliable, credible manner.
Are we doing that
Do we even have a reliable population figure to start with?

To your knowledge, you might say we don't.
But to mine , we have the National Beareu of Statistics. And people have relied on their data for several years
But the National Beareu
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Atigba: 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:

Lithuania and Russia is basically because of cold environment every body is depressed and mind their business
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
CEOwatazs:

only Nigeria , Botswana and Burundi hav reason for suicide... d rest Bleep dem

Have u ever been to Botswana nor Burundi?
I've been to Burundi - talk about paradise!
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
SEGLIZ:

neither is there profit in the termination of life.
the existence of man goes beyond the book, it is not a mere philosophical talk.
man is wired beyond suicide like I earlier said only a coward will choose suicide for a transitional exit.

You have not said why a person should continue suffering instead of simply suffering.
At least nonexistence is neither good or bad. But suffering is a negative. Nothing like Coward here. That word doesn't apply here.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
Atigba:

Lithuania and Russia is basically because of cold environment every body is depressed and mind their business

Yet people in Nigeria would be dying to relocate there.
WHY
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:

It is usually extreme unhappiness that leads to suicide.
This demonstrates u can be extremely unhappy in any country. A Nigerian living in US (our heaven) can be unhappy to the point of suicide
100% I concur.. The bone of contention was and still what instigates such thoughts to opt for a permanent solution to a temporary problem..
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by sulasa07(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
PoliteActivist:

How come there are no Arab Country in the list, I beta port to Muslim country?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
That does not mean they should ban sniper angry

Sniper is already banned. Good move. Who said our govt is not working cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

‘I Feel Like Raping Any Girl That Comes My Way’ - Quadri Azeez / Yahoo Boy Arrested Attempting To Use His Girlfriend For Ritual Money (video) / Corpse Dumped Under Oyo Bridge, Head, Private Part, Arms Legs Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.