Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed (48719 Views)

Nigeria Listed For Possible War Crimes By International Criminal Court (ICC) / Nurses Bemoan Rising Suicide Rate Among Students; Advice Authorities And The You / Suicide Rate By Country 2019, Nigeria Is Among (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
VHILL:
Where is U.S in the list??

2019 US data is not available.

US suicide rate was 14 in 2017
See below

The US suicide rate is up 33% since 1999, research says
By Jacqueline Howard, CNN
Updated 7:34 AM EDT, Fri June 21, 2019

(CNN) The suicide rate in the United States continues to climb, with a rate in 2017 that was 33% higher than in 1999, new research finds.

Suicide rates among people 15 to 64 increased significantly during that period, rising from 10.5 per 100,000 people in 1999 to 14 in 2017.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2019
grandstar:

Yes, Praise daa leaving Chisos. Amen my broda, amen!

U may joke about it but suicide rate among devout Christians is probably zero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2019
Minjim:

You people don't even want to hear any positive news about Nigeria.
What if it's the underreporting of sucide in other countries that made Nigeria to be in that position?

With social media, every sucide is being reported in Nigeria to the best of my knowledge. Except it's not sucide

No mind them. They don't realise these countries don't have built-in supports Nigerians take for granted like roots and extended families

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
Ferdinandu:
Obviously the the more developed countries have higher suicide rate. This is because obviously it is the disconnect between development and the real value of life. There is a better sense of community living in less developed area than the developed. It is not material possession that make people want to continue living, it is the people who loves you and you love them, that is a fact. All the wealth in the world will be dust in your mouth if you feel all alone in the world. But contrary if you don't have anything but you have people all around you who laugh with you, cry with you, quarrel and make up with you every day yet you don't have any material possession, you will always have a reason to live and be happy.

So true. Good analysis. Are you in psychology?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2019
amazon14:

You are more than correct.

He is wrong. Suicide rates are truly much lower in Nigeria than these countries. See above post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
Sparkle777:
Na Buhari cos am, with his badluck. Same thing happened during his military years. That plague should just step out. Only him, recession, herdsmen, poverty, suicide, high cost of living, low oil prices etc.

But this is a good thing. Nigerian rates are low. Are u giving Buhari credit for that?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2019
timibare:
We are truly the giant of Africa....we came first, sai baba

Nigeria didn't come first. The list is edited. See below

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Odinaka00:
And South Africa nor dey there? This list is nonsense

The list is edited. See SA above
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by divineappo(m): 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2019
shesawesome:
well it is for some.........
hello, u sent a blank message to me via your email

am still expecting your reply
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by anonimi: 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2019
grandstar:
Yes, it can be different from the people. Rwanda is an example. It's condition should even be worse than Burundi considering the ethnic cleansing that occurred but instead it is a shining star.

Do you mean that in Rwanda if all the people, everyone, does not want the government it will still be there

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Ferdinandu(m): 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2019
PoliteActivist:

So true. Good analysis. Are you in psychology?
No

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by grandstar(m): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
anonimi:

Do you mean that in Rwanda if all the people, everyone, does not want the government it will still be there

Government, governance and power are tricky subjects and should be viewed from many parameters and not treated in a vacuum.

The president in Rwanda was able to achieve a lot because he hired technocrats and initiated and implemented progressive policies. He was also honest and clean and dedicated to the country.

He also had a lot of power to effect the necessary changes because he seized power through war and was therefore not beholden to powerful interest groups who would have frustrated reforms that would have hurt them. Because he was very clean and was well educated, he fought corruption by implementing policies that prevented graft in the first place, hired clean hands and was determined to punish crooks.

Also, when he assumed power, the inherited weak institutions. It is more easy to bring changes when institutions are weak. A leader can not only make them strong but also mould them into the shape he desires.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by CanadaOrBust: 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2019
Ferdinandu:
No

Actually that your analysis sounds good but doesn’t jibe with real life - many people who commit suicide are loved and have loved ones around them
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by CanadaOrBust: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2019
grandstar:

Government, governance and power are tricky subjects and should be viewed from many parameters and not treated in a vacuum.

The president in Rwanda was able to achieve a lot because he hired technocrats and initiated and implemented progressive policies. He was also honest and clean and dedicated to the country.

He also had a lot of power to effect the necessary changes because he seized power through war and was therefore not beholden to powerful interest groups who would have frustrated reforms that would have hurt them. Because he was very clean and was well educated, he fought corruption by implementing policies that prevented graft in the first place, hired clean hands and was determined to punish crooks.

Also, when he assumed power, the inherited weak institutions. It is more easy to bring changes when institutions are weak. A leader can not only make them strong but also mould them into the shape he desires.

Do u live there? Do Nigerians need visa to come?
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by grandstar(m): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I googled for info and I saw this result

"Citizens of Nigeria can also obtain a visa on arrival for a stay of up to 30 days. Rwanda e-visa is required for citizens of Nigeria. Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for e-visas to Rwanda. Take advantage of our extensive embassy and consular database to find the nearest one."

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by grandstar(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Nigerians have gotten wind of the place and heading there

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by CanadaOrBust: 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2019
grandstar:

I googled for info and I saw this result

"Citizens of Nigeria can also obtain a visa on arrival for a stay of up to 30 days. Rwanda e-visa is required for citizens of Nigeria. Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for e-visas to Rwanda. Take advantage of our extensive embassy and consular database to find the nearest one."

Thank u sooo much. 30 days is ok. I’ll start packing my bags grin
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by grandstar(m): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Thank u sooo much. 30 days is ok. I’ll start packing my bags grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
Ferdinandu:
No

Maybe you should consider it. You're good.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
Unrated900:
Americans will never attempt to kill themselves

When they have good economy

Good jobs

Stable health sector and welfare

A life in America is 200 lives in Nigeria

Lifeless must go.

Well real life data says u r wrong
2019 US data is not available.

US suicide rate was 14 in 2017
See below

The US suicide rate is up 33% since 1999, research says
By Jacqueline Howard, CNN
Updated 7:34 AM EDT, Fri June 21, 2019
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 5:13am On Jun 29, 2019
Adakintroy:

The day our ranking is positive you people will find another angle. Do you always want us to be rank high negatively.

No mind them. Bad Belle people
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 29, 2019
PoliteActivist:

The short answer to your question is: YES
And you are okay with that.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 8:12am On Jun 29, 2019
Squillaci:

And you are okay with that.

The answer has to be yes otherwise u might as well condone we killing off people who we decide have no business being here
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 29, 2019
PoliteActivist:

The answer has to be yes otherwise u might as well condone we killing off people who we decide have no business being here

Lol. You do not have the right to kill.
I am talking about a person killing himself, not another person.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
Squillaci:

Lol. You do not have the right to kill.
I am talking about a person killing himself, not another person.

As long as the aim is to stop the surffering, does it matter who does the killing? It is only a slight jump to killing people because they are perceived to be suffering
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2019
MrDojo:
If one study the report well, they will notice the difference between male and female in other countries is significantly large. Unlike Nigeria where the difference is minute. This shows that what is affecting the male population is also affecting the females, too. Your guess is as good as mine on his what it is.

IMO it implies that Nigerian women have a toupher life than women in other countries

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2019
millionboi2:
wait

Money don ever finish4ur hand?

Freemanbubble he is right. What if you ain't got money for weed? I like your spirit though..

1 Like

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2019
millionboi2:
huh

I'm reject m oooo

Tactius, you refused to answer my question so I Googled it. See below

Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2019
PoliteActivist:

Tactius, you refused to answer my question so I Googled it. See below

Sorry, I forgot.

Anyway, now you know.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2019
Realdeals:
The rate is in relation to the country population.

Rate has nothing to do with total population. Rate means per. In this case, number of uicide per 100,000.
Re: Suicide Rate By Country 2019: Nigeria Listed by PoliteActivist: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2019
tactius:

Sorry, I forgot.

Anyway, now you know.

I learnt something. Never heard of him b4

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

‘I Feel Like Raping Any Girl That Comes My Way’ - Quadri Azeez / Policemen Chase Guest To Death At A Burial Service In Ogun / Kenyan Millionaire Woman Who Runs 2 Brothels In The UK Jailed For 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.