Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,634 members, 7,813,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness (50373 Views)

Osimhen & 4 Other Nigerians That Have Won The African Player Of The Year Award / Al Shabab May Not Release Ighalo For AFCON - Sources / Super Eagle’s To Drop 7 Players including Mikel and Ighalo For Seychelles Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by pressmanng: 9:37am On Jun 27, 2019
After Nigeria Beats Guinea 1-0 in the ongoing AFCON Competition in Egypt some Nigerians including former Eagles star NwanKwo Kanu blamed Odion Ighalo for Being selfish during the game.

Ighalo was in the opponent's box and had a chance to score, Ahmed Musa was beside him almost free, many people believed he had better chance of scoring the ball, but Ighalo refused to give Musa and fire the shot off target.

Many Nigerian reacted to the incident online. Someone wrote you are lucky we won the game if not...

Former Nigeria International, Nwankwo Kanu also blames the player.
Kanu said .“We are more relaxed now after the win over Guinea to advance to the next round, ”

“We had few chances to score more goals in the first half when Odion Ighalo had a good chance to pass the ball to Musa but he did not do so. Guinea are no pushovers but we took our chances.”

https://www.pressmanng.com/2019/06/afcon-kanu-and-other-nigerian-blamed.html?m=1

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by DavidEsq(m): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2019
LMAO @ "only God forgives; we don't". grin grin grin

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by braveboy64(m): 9:56am On Jun 27, 2019
He wants to shine

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2019
Critically looking at that scene, I don't think it's fair to say he was completely selfish.
I think he was in two minds there, trying to trick the goalkeeper into thinking he would pass to Musa. The keeper seemed close to the ball, so it would be easy for him to prevent the ball from getting to Musa if Ighalo had made the pass.
That's why I feel he wasn't necessarily being selfish. Perhaps, he was out of excuses at the moment or didn't know how to explain his misdeeds, that's why he claimed he didn't see Musa in the other end. I'm pretty sure he did Lol.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2019
It’s for the culture

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Lordjb: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2019
Na them sabi

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by unitysheart(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2019
DavidEsq:
LMAO @ "only God forgives; we don't". grin grin grin

The thing weak me o grin

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by sotall(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2019
Ighalo maybe have been selfish but currently Nigeria do not have a better striker than him.

So

11 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by hannysur8(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2019
He is just a man with one eye in a city of the blind, king good replacement for this chinko made

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Abeos(m): 11:45am On Jun 27, 2019
When Musa questioned him he claimed he didn't look up but everyone knows that's a big lie

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by unapologetic147: 11:45am On Jun 27, 2019
And musa wasted a counter by passing to him

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by LawyerKunle2(m): 11:45am On Jun 27, 2019
Is Selfish dey Nigerian Player.... Everybody want to Score and get name.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 27, 2019
Where is Kanu's comment undecided undecided

17 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by osejie17(m): 11:46am On Jun 27, 2019
that's how you can differentiate a professional from a rookie. and that's a display of a rookie being selfish

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2019
That was too wrong of Ighalo. He should be careful not to get the Rashidi Yekini treatment. Football is a team sport and not a solo game. That pics alone speaks volume. Don't try this next time!

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by xxolisexx(m): 11:46am On Jun 27, 2019
he shld have passed d ball bt he is a striker, all d think when inside opponents 18yard box is SHOOT

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by ayodaisi: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2019
Ighalo tried not to be selfish next time. We forgive you
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by nephemmy(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
I don't blame ighalo anyway if he doesn't score the same naija pple will say why didn't he shoot himself why did he pass the ball to musa.However,. just saying my mind

13 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by unapologetic147: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
Critically looking at that scene, I don't think it's fair to say he was completely selfish.
I think he was in two minds there, trying to trick the goalkeeper into thinking he would pass to Musa. The keeper seemed close to the ball, so it would be easy for him to prevent the ball from getting to Musa if Ighalo had made the pass.
That's why I feel he wasn't necessarily being selfish. Perhaps, he was out of excuses at the moment or didn't know how to explain his misdeeds, that's why he claimed he didn't see Musa in the other end. I'm pretty sure he did Lol.
be sincere just for once haba even if uno watch the match you sha can see the pictures

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Flier: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
You can’t be a good striker if you are not selfish

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by LowerPriceData0(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
Nonsense player

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by oshe11: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
Its posible for him not to see Musa

You'd know if U are a baller or plays PS

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by rummmy: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
The aboki would have not still score

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Bahddo(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
no way the keeper could have prevented the ball from reaching Musa. Even the defenders closing in would not have gotten the ball. Ighalo was just being selfish.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by saajus: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2019
It may not be intentional. Some poor players don't know their environment. That's why good players know who is around them and what they want to do with the ball before receiving it. If after the miss, Ighalo discover Musa was free like the lame leg he should have apologized.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Benekruku(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2019
The guy selfish pass Epe market women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by mcafeez: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2019
I don't kuku like the stupid Ighalo before... but where is the replacement None
This is exactly what I said yesterday too, that monter looking head is selfish....
Forget abt tricking the keep, he's too far from doing that, he immediately claimed he didn't notice Ahmed Musa was their, soooo shocked shocked shocked shocked u blind ?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Peter Knocked-out By Arslanbek Makhmudov / Leo Messi's Son, Mateo, Celebrates Real Betis Goal Vs Barca, Suarez Reacts / Lady Who Was Lashed For Wearing Fake Nigeria Jersey Acquires The Original

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.