Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness (50387 Views)

Osimhen & 4 Other Nigerians That Have Won The African Player Of The Year Award / Al Shabab May Not Release Ighalo For AFCON - Sources / Super Eagle’s To Drop 7 Players including Mikel and Ighalo For Seychelles Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Cmanforall: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
born2nyash:
Apart from being selfish the goalkeeper was down, tip the ball up and is a goal.
there are players who will be in that position and score with a thunderous strike e.g. Aguero. But Ighalo's shot was not heavy, up and on-target .
Imagine someone like Silva in that position shooting (with Musa making that run)... Almost impossible!
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Rayd502(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
Critically looking at that scene, I don't think it's fair to say he was completely selfish.
I think he was in two minds there, trying to trick the goalkeeper into thinking he would pass to Musa. The keeper seemed close to the ball, so it would be easy for him to prevent the ball from getting to Musa if Ighalo had made the pass.
That's why I feel he wasn't necessarily being selfish. Perhaps, he was out of excuses at the moment or didn't know how to explain his misdeeds, that's why he claimed he didn't see Musa in the other end. I'm pretty sure he did Lol.

If you read his lips after the miss he seemed to be saying "I didn't look up" to Musa.He was selfish by trying to do it all alone.They was a clear chance for a pass to go through to Musa without interception by the keeper.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by jaxxy(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Flier:
You can’t be a good striker if you are not selfish

Then u must have 98% accuracy at goal or else u will be a waste of space and a spoiler in the team.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
blowjohn:

But u already messed up with ur Nick.
What should we do now
i don't ask mad people to forgive me, mad people don't feel good about anything. That's why they are all mad.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by tetralogyfallot(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
rummmy:
The aboki would have not still score
whether musa will score or not is a topic for another day. Aboki sounds derogatory. Be matured in your comments pls.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
MeeLan:
its not a case of selfishness or indecision, its more of how talented he is.
you can't give what you don't have, scorers must have a stint of selfishness, but ighalo isn't intelligent enough to deal with such balls. square play would have been the easiest route (quick pass to musa with acres of space) but he wanted to be extraordinary.
Our two fullbacks would deliver that ball in 3 seconds.
Ighalo isn't an intelligent player (just brawl n no brains) so don't blame him too much.

As in eeeh... Musa don't even have to control ighalo square pass... Just chuk leg and d ball will be dancing inside the net. Simple tap in. The goal keeper is out of the way already... Abi dem no see where the keeper is standing on that second picture?
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Ernerstdavid55(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
DavidEsq:
LMAO @ "only God forgives; we don't". grin grin grin
lol
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by BENEAMATA: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2019
somebody is condoning this selfish chancer 'cos ' we have no better replacement ' he says , but they should let him ( IGHALO )know that the samson siasia treatment awaits him if he continues like that . that was how he and iheanacho got us knocked out of the mundial by opting not to pass to the same better placed musa and not that you can even trust these bottlers to hold their nerves to deliver at critical moments . mr ighalo , nigeria comes first , or do you want to go the way of samson ' I NO SEE YEKINI ' siasia ?
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Sonfethopia: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
Critically looking at that scene, I don't think it's fair to say he was completely selfish.
I think he was in two minds there, trying to trick the goalkeeper into thinking he would pass to Musa. The keeper seemed close to the ball, so it would be easy for him to prevent the ball from getting to Musa if Ighalo had made the pass.
That's why I feel he wasn't necessarily being selfish. Perhaps, he was out of excuses at the moment or didn't know how to explain his misdeeds, that's why he claimed he didn't see Musa in the other end. I'm pretty sure he did Lol.

He had all d time in d world to make d pass.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Adakintroy: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

Oga niga was not caught in two minds. Niga was blatantly selfish. We know that strikers are suppose to have such traits. But that was beyond selfishness.

Just square that pass and it's a tap in. Football is team sport. This is why Europe always edge us. Too much "i" in our version of "we"

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Deepfreezer(m): 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
When I saw the game properly I never blamed ighalo. I've been critizing him for sometime now but on this one he did what's best. Cos if he had passed the ball the keeper will catch it or one the defenders will clear it.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by DaV8King(m): 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
Either Ighalo did not trust his passing, or he was just being a striker #selfish angry

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by olaolaking: 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
Even the keeper would have saved the ball. That angle was becoming tight and the goalie had already covered plenty of space there. It take a little grace to score from that angle with the position of the goalie.

If Musa was not there, the best option was to attempt it but Musa was so free
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
Deepfreezer:

When I saw the game properly I never blamed ighalo. I've been critizing him for sometime now but on this one he did what's best. Cos if he had passed the ball the keeper will catch it or one the defenders will clear it.

Stop watching back of television ogbeni
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2019
oshe11:

Its posible for him not to see Musa

You'd know if U are a baller or plays PS

China non-tested
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by blowjohn(m): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
i don't ask mad people to forgive me, mad people don't feel good about anything. That's why they are all mad.

Hmm.
Anyways.
Good thing is u added urself to the list. grin
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by spiralwedge(m): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

Ighalo does not deserve to be in the team. We need a sharp shooter. Its amazing that Ighalo is the best we can produce as a striker.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Godmademan(m): 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2019
Aghahowa, martins, Nsofor, Ike Uche, Odemwingie, Macaulay Chrisantus...These are Nigerian strikers. Ighalo I know not. Technically bereft, Positionally clumpsy, Movement negligible yet Rorh thinks he should be the 9. I'd rather have musa down the middle with chukwueze and simon on either flanks. Mikel should replace Iwobi. Iwobi is a scam of a football. I bet I can play his role better than him...Nonsense

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by godwon01(m): 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
olurich01:
Where is Kanu's comment undecided undecided
He was quoted out of contexts. That is Nigerian journalists for U creating unnecessary sensation . Ighalo needs to read the article very well so that he will not see KANU as his enemy. After all ,KANU played in five AFCON with no single goal to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by pek(m): 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
Whoever wrote this trash has never played football before.
#1 I didn't see where the "others" blamed Ighalo for selfishness.
#2 As a player, you have a millisecond to make a decision. Ighalo took the decision thought best. It didn't work. If he had scored, we will have been hailing him. Most goals scored are just luck while those missed turned out to unlucky.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by newandsharp: 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
DavidEsq:
LMAO @ "only God forgives; we don't". grin grin grin

Man can forgive but not forget.
God is the only one that forgives and forget.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by BluntBoy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
mastermaestro:

Simple. He was in a good position to score as well. As a striker he had no reason to pass the ball. It would have signalled a lack of confidence if he had passed the ball.

They should only chide him missing the target. But nobody should talk about passing the ball. angry angry

Musa was in a better position to score. Football is a team sport. Ighalo should have made the pass. The scenario would have been better if Ighalo was in a better place to score than Musa.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by BluntBoy(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:
If he had scored that now, all of you will not complain

That is why we are complaining. If he had scored, there would be no need to complain.

It is common sense.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by cue64: 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
People didn't see musa's own in the 1st half that he didn't square play oh!
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
Badgers14:

Very reasonable point of view.

If he scored the goal, people will be cheering.

If he passed the ball and it was intercepted , people will still talk.. oh why didn't he try to score.

At last, a thinker!
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by PopeFlatino(m): 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
I don't know why such great Chances always falls to stingy and useless players grin

Barca Fans can relate to Suarez of last season cry
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by PopeFlatino(m): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
angry That one Paine me,,,,One thing Musa has been doing lately which I don't like is "No good end product after amazing run and drift"..he always releases ball so early in a bid not to be selfish,even in a situation where he has only d keeper to beat..he will waste d ball trying to find Ighalo
unapologetic147:
And musa wasted a counter by passing to him
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by gazmann(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

See the excuse you're making for Nigeria no9 truth is ighalo is on the decline since after the first half of his debut season in the EPL
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by unapologetic147: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2019
spencekat:
The pass didn't go through
yeah but he wasn't selfish even though it was a poor decision he ought not to pass
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by spencekat(m): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
unapologetic147:
yeah but he wasn't selfish even though it was a poor decision he ought not to pass
You are right.
Re: AFCON: Kanu And Other Nigerians Blamed Ighalo For Selfishness by Zionman24: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
When there's options on the table and the player decided against it, not just the fans , Coaches also gets gray hair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Peter Knocked-out By Arslanbek Makhmudov / Profile Of Sunday Oliseh (New Super Eagles Coach) / Maggie Malcheva And Victor Anichebe Catching Fun On Motorbikes In Anambra (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.