Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? (642 Views)

The Scottish Rites Freemasonry Sexual Assault Hoaxes Whispering Campaign / Help!!! How Do I Save My Fiancée From The Trauma Of Sexual Abuse By Her Uncle? / Sansa Of Tife Sexual Abuse Allegations Gets Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by RoseyJ: 5:42am On Jun 29, 2019
I really need to ask this question because I get somehow confused when these terms are used.

I understand Rape to be "having a forceful non consented sexual intercourse with another". For Sexual abuse, I understand it to be "taking undue sexual advantage of another person". While for Sexual assault, I feel its a violent form of sexual abuse.

This is my understanding. whats yours?
Re: Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 29, 2019
Yes.
One is Rape.
The other is Abuse.
And the last one is Assault.
Remove "sexual" from those words and the difference is clear.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by mboii(m): 5:47am On Jun 29, 2019
Ehn"You're right!
Re: Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by ehmmy11(m): 5:49am On Jun 29, 2019
At this rate almost all Nigerian girls were raped undecided
Re: Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by yenereal(m): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2019
You have just answered your question. Are you waiting for my rhetorical reply?
Re: Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by MayorofLagos(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2019
All have to do with sex. Rape is two types. Statutory rape and non consentual sex.

Statutory rape is sex with someone defined as a minor by age, whether she consents or not. If the person is adult and you force yourself into them against their wish this is rape. Also, a person drugged, intoxicated or in their sleep are not in a position of mind to willfully agree or disagree with sex proposal and any move or act by them is not considered consent. Example - you enter a house or room and see a lady asleep with her legs wide open, and you misinterprete this to mean invitation, that she needs d1ck so you pulled out yours and dip in her. This is rape! Another example - you invited a girl over to your place. Its her first time and she showed up very elegant, smells nice, and you like to have sex with her but she says its first visit wait till another time. You dont want to miss this opportunity and figured if you drug or intoxicate her you will overpower her resistance. Her behavior changed, she begins to dance and strip and pull on you and even tell you to fvk her. So this is called induced sex. You used substance to alter her behavior and forced her against her will. This is rape.

Sexual assault is a spontaneous physical act, like touch a woman in places considered erogeneous zones. Well, every part of a woman's body is erogeneous and can excite her into ecstacy, from head to toe.

Sexual abuse is using dominance of male gender to bully a woman and make her feel threatened or at risk. A woman that nags is also a sexual abuser. Her words can injure and cause emotional distress in the man and to the point he begins to doubt himself.

You left out sexual harrassment. This is not spontaneous, it develops over repeated episodes but can occur in a multitude of modes. It can be commentaries which is of sexual content, inferred or explicit. Certain glances and stares can be taken as harassment. Gestures can be interpreted as harrassment. The guideline is - it is reasonably accepted to be of sexual intent, the subject and or those around where and when it occurred felt uncomfortable with the exchange. Example- im on phone bragging to my home boys how i fvkd a girl, sharing what i did and how she moaned and clawed me. There is another woman nearby and within earshot and heard everything. She could charge me for sexual harrassment. Another example- you share office space with Joy, Emma and Ibrahim and every morning Grace walks by your office to go to her office next door. When you hear her heelsteps you pause what you are doing to glance and fantasize aloud about her curvy @ss and what you would do if you catch her. Joy can file harrassment against you because your description of what to do to Grace @$$ make her uncomfortable.

cheesy
Very soon we men would have to look down at our feet when a woman is passing by. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by babyfaceafrica: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2019
you have answered your question..what are u looking for exactly?
Re: Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by Lonelypacifist6: 8:33pm On Jun 29, 2019
Awol1:
Yes.
One is Rape.
The other is Abuse.
And the last one is Assault.
Remove "sexual" from those words and the difference is clear.
I hope this helps.
What is that? it made me puke.
Re: Any Difference Between Rape, Sexual Abuse And Sexual Assault? by Kirchhoff01(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
How old are you again?

(1) (Reply)

How To Improve Sex: 12 Irresistible Tips For A Healthy Sex Life / How I Saved My Marriage... True Story.... / Bare Lift Instant Boobs Lift Is The Solution To To Boobs Sagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.