Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him (33924 Views)

My Uncle Said He Will Send Me Back To Nigeria.how Do I Convince Him? / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From / Have I Betrayed My Husband?i Only Wanted To Have Some Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 02, 2019
shevchenko:
How old are you
You act too immature
You have no job sense

Atleast OP has some sense ba? But not just job sense.

Not sure you have any sense at all. WTF does job sense even mean?

No be only job sense, na Goal sense. No wonder your name is schevchenko

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by colestephan86: 12:22am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:
Hi to everyone reading this, I have gotten a big problem with my uncle sad

He recently helped me to get a job in a foreign owned company. He introduced me to most of his colleagues and Co-workers as he is nephew and in the process I get to meet one of his senior manager who said he would take me under his unit once I resume for duty.
The problem is that the senior manager is never in good terms with my uncle and my uncle never told me this. Not until I started working with him and he began to show me hell under his unit.

He always insult me and embarrassed me in front of everyone, he even go as far as harassing me by hitting me with a book on my head.

To him I am not good enough at my job and he pile up the job of 4 people for me all alone to do on daily basis. I have no single day off since I resumed working with him including weekends.

I let my uncle know about my situation, since it is because of him I am going through all this (Note, he later told me that he was never in good terms with him)
I was 100% about quitting the job when I called home and told them that I can't take this punishment anymore, the punishment I never bargained for .
But he persuade my mom to talk me into staying and that the situation is not as bad as I am portraying it to be. He assured my mom that everything will get better in the future if I show endurance and keep working every single day of the week.

My people is this fair? What kinda job is this without a single day of rest? The terrible man they placed me under wouldn't even allow me to do my work properly, everyday he kept threatening me with sack and insult.

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL
With all my situation worsening and no help in sight and my mum threatening me never to return home if I leave the job, what should I do?
I have no choice but to head straight into the office of the executive director to lay down my complaint. And so I did.
I went straight into the executive director office with heavy fear in my heart because he's a person that you can't get easy access to, but in my situation I have to do what I have to do. Luckily for me, he listened to me and provided help by changing my department and taking me out from the terrible manager I am working with.

NOW THE PROBLEM
My uncle have a good working relationship with the executive director and the news spreading around the company is that it is because of my uncle influence that I have the guts to barge into the director office to demand a change of department.
My name has been on everyone lips for the past week. They don't believe that I went all alone in to the office, they are also accusing my uncle of having a hand in it. They also said that I have done what no one has ever done in the company.

Now this whole thing is affecting my uncle negatively, he said all the top management have now set their attention on him. He said that for me a newbie to gain direct access to meet the executive director, while some of the top managers can't even try it shows how arrogant he has become. And they are Saying that I can cause problems for them once any of them make me angry.

MY CONFESSION
To God who made me, I have never had any intention to hurt my uncle negatively at his work place. I only want a safe place to work in peace and free from constant threats and harassment.
My uncle said his job is no longer safe because of my desperate act and that all his colleagues has ganged up on him right now. He said that he regretted employing me.

Please nairaland family help me where did I go wrong, I only want a safe place from my terrible manager and now everything has spiral out of control. Everyone is talking about me and my uncle, even in my new department.

Should I finally quit this job and damned the consequences or should I stay and mind my business with no one talking to me. Please advise.
Bros focus on your job and leave side talks.
U had felt cos you got the job through your uncle , u will be sitting at a corner drinking coffee all day ?
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Organs(m): 12:26am On Jul 02, 2019
Richy4:
Human resources is where you should have channelled your grievances to first so that it will be on record...

that's what anyone who doesn't know anyone in a place of work would have done (I believe u have heard of due processes ) ... I understand your colleague's sentiments too because if it wasn't your uncle's influences, tell me where you would have gotten such guts to go direct to the top to demand for a better working conditions except if u were indeed determined to resign...

Since it was your uncle that helped secured that job for u, when u heard that you will be working with so and so, what every reasonable person should have done was to call your said uncle and ask.. Uncle I heard I will be working with so and so in his unit, what is it like working with him or under him ?..

Dear, throw your energy into your job.. when u were confused and encountered problems, Ask for guidance from collegues and take that job as a challenge... a lot of people love challenges to prove their worth in a place of work.. quit dwelling under your uncle's influences.. show that uncle or no uncle, no one can pull you down based on your job ethics or have a reason to complain..

I must also say that your Uncle made a very big mistake by introducing you as family.. That doesn't help anyone... Even when u were promoted people will feel it was due to your uncle's influences... even when u are working so hard to make it to the top... he was wrong for doing that...

@ME77, i agree that you should've reported the case to HR. I think you should, still. Everyone is talking about how bad your former manager was and you had to work 7 days a week, now you left and you are not thinking of others that will be unfortunate enough to work under this guy Pls dont think of yourself alone. Make detailed statements of all the abuses that you talked to him about and he still insisted that you continue in that abusive state and report it to HR period. If they dont do anything about it now, they will in if someone else should say the same thing about him. However, are you sure you were not part of the problem? I once had a roommate that complained about how he was maltreated with the family he lived with when he came to the USA, i agreed that he was maltreated and that was wrong, however this guy was just something else, you will tell him the same thing over and over again. He was just outrightly very stupid. he was nice but very, very stupid. Now, i say that because he hit a book on your head, that can be because he was frustrated with your behaviour or he is just a mean power hungry buffon. Be sincere and determine that, that is true constructive self check feedback. Now, i disagree with this guy that said you shouldn't have allowed folks to know he is your uncle. that is the naija mentality, always deceptive and never straightforward. Yes, you dont have to announce it, however, if anyone asks you if he's your uncle maybe by same last name or whatever, you cannot deny. Lastly, focus on the job, add value and if anyone is working for that same boss and you see him frustrated, pls reach out and be your brothers keeper. We should learn to make the path easier for those coming behind us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by shevchenko(m): 12:26am On Jul 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

Atleast OP has some sense ba? But not just job sense.

Not sure you have any sense at all. WTF does job sense even mean?

No be only job sense, na Goal sense. No wonder your name is schevchenko

The way he was maltreated means he has no job sense .
He would have not reported to anyone whether his uncle or superior .He is not just job ready at all
No wonder his mum said he should not come home if he quits

Lots of people are looking for an opportunity or an uncle like his ,he is here destroying all the legacy his uncle has built to the right extent of even blaming his uncle for his situation .

The guy is immature and irresponsible

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 02, 2019
Mariangeles:
Your monicker should be Ladycruelos instead grin

My head was full that day abeg. grin
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by larryking540: 12:28am On Jul 02, 2019
u might have sound rude o
but I bet u,na people like una most companies day fin, people dat are bold, how do u think people climb d ladder of success? but do it in a respectful manner
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by spartoo: 12:31am On Jul 02, 2019
SageMK:
Your uncle packaged insults, bullying and maltreatment and gave it to you as a job. Bro, he was aware of the pit he drove you into thus I see no wrong in what you did.

Do you know such a toxic working environment actually drove countless others to depression and then sucide?

And when you came crying, he did nothing...
At that point your only choice was to fight or leave?

So don't entertain the thought you betrayed your uncle.

You didn't. You only made a bold move and now it made you appear larger and more powerful than you are. Bro, I can only applaud you. Please don't quit your job!!

Going forward, assume formlessness at work. Don't offend anyone. Just keep trying to make peace with him.

Your head is correct
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Poanan: 12:35am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

He recently helped me to get a job in a foreign owned company. He introduced me to most of his colleagues and Co-workers as he is nephew and in the process I get to meet one of his senior manager who said he would take me under his unit once I resume for duty.
The problem is that the senior manager is never in good terms with my uncle and my uncle never told me this. Not until I started working with him and he began to show me hell under his unit.

He always insult me and embarrassed me in front of everyone, he even go as far as harassing me by hitting me with a book on my head.

To him I am not good enough at my job and he pile up the job of 4 people for me all alone to do on daily basis. I have no single day off since I resumed working with him including weekends.

I let my uncle know about my situation, since it is because of him I am going through all this (Note, he later told me that he was never in good terms with him)
I was 100% about quitting the job when I called home and told them that I can't take this punishment anymore, the punishment I never bargained for .
But he persuade my mom to talk me into staying and that the situation is not as bad as I am portraying it to be. He assured my mom that everything will get better in the future if I show endurance and keep working every single day of the week.

My people is this fair? What kinda job is this without a single day of rest? The terrible man they placed me under wouldn't even allow me to do my work properly, everyday he kept threatening me with sack and insult.

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL
With all my situation worsening and no help in sight and my mum threatening me never to return home if I leave the job, what should I do?
I have no choice but to head straight into the office of the executive director to lay down my complaint. And so I did.
I went straight into the executive director office with heavy fear in my heart because he's a person that you can't get easy access to, but in my situation I have to do what I have to do. Luckily for me, he listened to me and provided help by changing my department and taking me out from the terrible manager I am working with.

NOW THE PROBLEM
My uncle have a good working relationship with the executive director and the news spreading around the company is that it is because of my uncle influence that I have the guts to barge into the director office to demand a change of department.
My name has been on everyone lips for the past week. They don't believe that I went all alone in to the office, they are also accusing my uncle of having a hand in it. They also said that I have done what no one has ever done in the company.

Now this whole thing is affecting my uncle negatively, he said all the top management have now set their attention on him. He said that for me a newbie to gain direct access to meet the executive director, while some of the top managers can't even try it shows how arrogant he has become. And they are Saying that I can cause problems for them once any of them make me angry.

MY CONFESSION
To God who made me, I have never had any intention to hurt my uncle negatively at his work place. I only want a safe place to work in peace and free from constant threats and harassment.
My uncle said his job is no longer safe because of my desperate act and that all his colleagues has ganged up on him right now. He said that he regretted employing me.

Please nairaland family help me where did I go wrong, I only want a safe place from my terrible manager and now everything has spiral out of control. Everyone is talking about me and my uncle, even in my new department.

Should I finally quit this job and damned the consequences or should I stay and mind my business with no one talking to me. Please advise.

From your write up, your uncle sounds a bit stupid. If at your uncle's level he can't face his mates, then I see no reason he will ask a fresher to endure a hostile environment.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Olorunnim: 12:39am On Jul 02, 2019
This is a Very though situation you find yourself in, but I think your uncle deliberately put you in that position under the charge of someone he's not in good terms with, Now it's a good thing you've fought your way out of it it shows resilience,The Only thing left is to face your Work And don't Step on toes in the company, Even that is not totally Avoidable because people would still find excuse. I can only Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by maya007: 12:40am On Jul 02, 2019
Pls let him go and rest is he God he got served war he wished you jare all this uncles sef would he do that to his own son? Pls face front n enjoy your new job remember me wen dey pay u o....cheers man �
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by mastermaestro(m): 12:42am On Jul 02, 2019
Richy4:

smileyI don't think that you have ever worked in a corporate environment , Please kindly google Human resources and their Job descriptions

Get over all these human arrangements created by ordinary men to restrain brave men. The dude did what only great people dare to do. His uncle can go to hell! HR can go to hell! The executive director has spoken! Case closed!

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by 6KID: 12:43am On Jul 02, 2019
Is the work paying per hour? If NO, no one have the audacity to make you work 7days a week. Then don’t quite the job, infact, get a suite and keep working like a king in the company and don’t entertain or mingle with friends there because even your uncle is part of the company cabal....# freeyourself
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Ugosample(m): 12:50am On Jul 02, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Male boss right?
Opinions will be objective.
what does the gender of the boss have to do with anything?

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by ngwababe(f): 12:51am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

Thank you. Your comment really lift my mood. He's trying to put all blames on me while he's fully aware of the whole situation he got me into.
He was very much aware and refused to do anything.

Typical Nigerian Uncle mentality. They feel once they help you, that you're automatically under them and nothing is gonna change that. Just be diligent and careful, you will scale through.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Ugosample(m): 12:54am On Jul 02, 2019
AntiBrutus:

If the boss was a woman, I am sure the comments would have tilted to how female bosses are wicked and women abuse power.
Now everyone (males to be specific) are commenting objectively.

My former boss, a woman- I miss her everyday. My current boss, a man- I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy.

I am the next in line to him, majority of my surbodinates would rather call/approach me than him, even when they have questions over the weekend. He is exactly like OP's boss. Kept threatening me with query. One day I looked him in the eye and told him to go ahead with the query. In fact, he should copy everybody...MD, ED...everybody. I will reply.

I asked him, "do you want me to resign? Will my salary be added to yours? Everyday you keep stating what you want and what you don't want. Chill and ask what others want. You are not the only one in this unit. You come into the office and everyone goes dumb. You think it is normal?"

He was shocked!

the last time I checked, most of the people who complain of female bosses are women themselves

let's not derail this topic with this,
the OP needs serious advice
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Ugosample(m): 12:56am On Jul 02, 2019
shevchenko:
How old are you You act too immature You have no job sense
this is uncalled for
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Ugosample(m): 1:00am On Jul 02, 2019
shevchenko:

The way he was maltreated means he has no job sense .
He would have not reported to anyone whether his uncle or superior .He is not just job ready at all
No wonder his mum said he should not come home if he quits

Lots of people are looking for an opportunity or an uncle like his ,he is here destroying all the legacy his uncle has built to the right extent of even blaming his uncle for his situation .

The guy is immature and irresponsible

what you wrote made zero sense

just say you are jealous of him and wished you were in his shoes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 02, 2019
Ugosample:

what does the gender of the boss have to do with anything?

A lot on NL.

Ugosample:

the last time I checked, most of the people who complain of female bosses are women themselves

let's not derail this topic with this,
the OP needs serious advice

For manipulative reasons? Yes.

For vindictive reasons? Men are the greatest complainers. Give him your serious advice, Ugo.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by budaatum: 1:01am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

Your uncle did not inform you your boss was his enemy. He told you to bear it when you complained. You wouldn't, grew balls instead and went to find solution elsewhere. Now uncle wants to dump his own problem on your head too?! It's because you are effective. You are able to solve problems. The sort of employee most want but the envy of the incompetent.

If you quit that job before you get another I will personally come over there and kick your ass! Knuckle down. This will go away or the solution will appear. I have faith in you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by livebyday(m): 1:01am On Jul 02, 2019
@Me77

My two cents

Start looking for another job, when you get it resign

As unorthodox as this might sound , but right now your uncle is upset at you, so are his colleagues and.yours . And these are meant to be the people you work with and report you ?

Mind you even the new unit head will see.you as a threat . Trust me it's not worth the hassle, just start looking for another job once you get it leave it doesn't.mean.you are weak or a coward, no.its just working.smart.

You can't make it in any company on your own, it's like walking through a mine field blindfolded. Alot of people will be setting traps.and scheming on how to get you fired and you don't want to run to the Executive director again or he will see you as someone who always brings problems.

Some would even start telling the E D bad stuff about you . Why do I say leave to another company? Because the effort and time it would take to try to change their mind about you s better spent.doing your job and you can't do it effectively in that situation...you would be walking on eggshells shells every day

Get another job and leave after you have accepted the offer

Having said that I have the following pointers

Learn from this always channel your issues via HR
Your uncle should never have told them you were related to.him , it causes avoidable issues

Use LinkedIn or ngcareers I .sure you.will.get a better job else where

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by alimohammedibn(m): 1:05am On Jul 02, 2019

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:06am On Jul 02, 2019
Factory work !!!

Prove me wrong !!

If you can endure work on while looking out for other places ...
If you can’t quit !!
At the end of the day your happiness matters !
Your uncle & Mon ain’t shit ! Your happiness matters ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by jaxxy(m): 1:19am On Jul 02, 2019
As far as I’m concerned u did the right thing, infact u shud have reported the idiotic bully of a boss for office harassment too because he shud never ever have hit ur head with a book it’s unethical especially in Multinationals. Sm of those bosses bring their crude behavior to work when it’s not their company or family.

He didn’t give u an off day, hes just bully and as long as u do ur work right u did nothing bt stood up to an office bully. Anybody who doesn’t like it can kiss my arse. The Ed supported u because the grounds for u complain were right.

The truth is bosses don’t like being reported bt sm of these bosses lack office manners and standards even tho they know more than u because of experience. I have worked in similar situations, they expect u to endure, sm do it make u tough and good bt sm are just sadist.

On the flip side it’s an embarrassment to ur compliant uncle. Tell him ur sorry and it won’t happen again. Leave it at that. Main thing is Uve escaped the ridiculous boss.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by ugsams(m): 1:23am On Jul 02, 2019
Richy4:
Human resources is where you should have channelled your grievances to first so that it will be on record...

that's what anyone who doesn't know anyone in a place of work would have done (I believe u have heard of due processes ) ... I understand your colleague's sentiments too because if it wasn't your uncle's influences, tell me where you would have gotten such guts to go direct to the top to demand for a better working conditions except if u were indeed determined to resign...

Since it was your uncle that helped secured that job for u, when u heard that you will be working with so and so, what every reasonable person should have done was to call your said uncle and ask.. Uncle I heard I will be working with so and so in his unit, what is it like working with him or under him ?..

Dear, throw your energy into your job.. when u were confused and encountered problems, Ask for guidance from collegues and take that job as a challenge... a lot of people love challenges to prove their worth in a place of work.. quit dwelling under your uncle's influences.. show that uncle or no uncle, no one can pull you down based on your job ethics or have a reason to complain..

I must also say that your Uncle made a very big mistake by introducing you as family.. That doesn't help anyone... Even when u were promoted people will feel it was due to your uncle's influences... even when u are working so hard to make it to the top... he was wrong for doing that...

Stop it please. That's not right,
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by ugsams(m): 1:29am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL

NOW THE PROBLEM

MY CONFESSION

With time all these phase will pass... Just maintain your lane and sanity. Do your work with your best. Gain all the necessary experience and start looking for job while you're on this one. If you get a better offer move. Even your overall oga na human being like you and should be easily accessible to everyone. Na our Naija mentality they cause all these over importance. When I joined my company, my CEO was on holiday, once he came back, he came to look for me and other new employees that joined when he was away and personally give us his business cards. Every now and then, we do go for drinking and if he fails to show up he apologizes in the next general meeting. Even the founder comes in once in a while. I'm talking of billions of dollar worth company with over 60 years presence.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Evercurious(f): 1:41am On Jul 02, 2019
You didn't do anything wrong. You shouldn't be used to sort out their differences. They should do that on their own. Just mind your business in your new department. Finally be wise to get your uncle's forgiveness and you are good to go

NO oBE YOU DEM GO MAKE DEPRESSION CATCH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by MistadeRegal(m): 1:52am On Jul 02, 2019
Do you know what?
You've just gained a uppet hand above all others working in that company.
Your boldness and bravery is what they all are afraid of now, not anything else.

So, keep cool, try not to offend anyone and continue your job.
But also watch out for booby traps.
Do not rush into anything, observe very well because they all now see you as a threat.

Pray harder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by shevchenko(m): 2:03am On Jul 02, 2019
Ugosample:

what you wrote made zero sense

just say you are jealous of him and wished you were in his shoes

OK illiterate
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by RZArecta2(m): 2:05am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

in everything you said, you didn't ask us or yourself the most important question which is if you resign, will anybody in that company keep paying you salary till you get a new job ? You have apologised already, please don't kill yourself on top
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Metooreal: 2:12am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77, don't quit, habaaaa, it's all about time, time time. Some of them will some come and aak how you did it.

Don't mind anyone, be diligent and for now, just greet no talking or laughing with colleagues. As for uncle, beg him.

Above all, say to God to be in control.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by spiritedtete: 2:21am On Jul 02, 2019
OP, you have done the right thing... and dont let anyone suppress that spirit of yours... carry it on your shoulder and be proud of who you are ..

Firstly, You are bold...

But also, always remember to be diligent in discharging your duty anytime. Don't give 2 fúck about anyone... What is important is where you are heading..

Secondly, Watch your back all the time...

Don't confide in anyone in your office.. colleagues will come closer to you.. remember not to go beyond office tasks discussions. (They will tell you stuffs... And expect you to give an irrational replies, be very rational with office side talk, sometimes you can't avoid it)

Thirdly... Understand the politics in the company..

This will help you to be ahead of every one in real time.. dont play it but notice moves... Just like a game of chess.

But always walk with your head up high.. and be proud of who you are.

Let people call it arrangance... (While you give them a silent smile and move on)

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8-Month-Old Baby Dies As Ogun Pastor Orders Concubines To Beat Up Wife (Pix) / Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.