Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him (33923 Views)

My Uncle Said He Will Send Me Back To Nigeria.how Do I Convince Him? / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From / Have I Betrayed My Husband?i Only Wanted To Have Some Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 2:32am On Jul 02, 2019
livebyday:
@Me77

My two cents

Start looking for another job, when you get it resign

As unorthodox as this might sound , but right now your uncle is upset at you, so are his colleagues and.yours . And these are meant to be the people you work with and report you ?

Mind you even the new unit head will see.you as a threat . Trust me it's not worth the hassle, just start looking for another job once you get it leave it doesn't.mean.you are weak or a coward, no.its just working.smart.

You can't make it in any company on your own, it's like walking through a mine field blindfolded. Alot of people will be setting traps.and scheming on how to get you fired and you don't want to run to the Executive director again or he will see you as someone who always brings problems.

Some would even start telling the E D bad stuff about you . Why do I say leave to another company? Because the effort and time it would take to try to change their mind about you s better spent.doing your job and you can't do it effectively in that situation...you would be walking on eggshells shells every day

Get another job and leave after you have accepted the offer

Having said that I have the following pointers

Learn from this always channel your issues via HR
Your uncle should never have told them you were related to.him , it causes avoidable issues

Use LinkedIn or ngcareers I .sure you.will.get a better job else where

One of the best answers in my opinion.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 2:35am On Jul 02, 2019
spiritedtete:
OP, you have done the right thing... and dont let anyone suppress that spirit of yours... carry it on your shoulder and be proud of who you are ..

Firstly, You are bold...

But also, always remember to be diligent in discharging your duty anytime. Don't give 2 fúck about anyone... What is important is where you are heading..

Secondly, Watch your back all the time...

Don't confide in anyone in your office.. colleagues will come closer to you.. remember not to go beyond office tasks discussions. (They will tell you stuffs... And expect you to give an irrational replies, be very rational with office side talk, sometimes you can't avoid it)

Thirdly... Understand the politics in the company..

This will help you to be ahead of every one in real time.. dont play it but notice moves... Just like a game of chess.

But always walk with your head up high.. and be proud of who you are.

Let people call it arrangance... (While you give them a silent smile and move on)

Another great answer!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by namiji2598: 2:44am On Jul 02, 2019
SageMK:
Your uncle packaged insults, bullying and maltreatment and gave it to you as a job. Bro, he was aware of the pit he drove you into thus I see no wrong in what you did.

Do you know such a toxic working environment actually drove countless others to depression and then sucide?

And when you came crying, he did nothing...
At that point your only choice was to fight or leave?

So don't entertain the thought you betrayed your uncle.

You didn't. You only made a bold move and now it made you appear larger and more powerful than you are. Bro, I can only applaud you. Please don't quit your job!!

Going forward, assume formlessness at work. Don't offend anyone. Just keep trying to make peace with him.

Wisdom!!!!!! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Morenigbenga(m): 2:55am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by felicialee: 3:13am On Jul 02, 2019
You have two choices:
First, resign and maximize the potential negative impact on your uncle.
Second, you have to work hard, show your ability in the company, let others convinced! This will also improve the influence of your uncle.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 02, 2019
It will pass! Just maintain ur lane
Me77:
Hi to everyone reading this, I have gotten a big problem with my uncle sad

He recently helped me to get a job in a foreign owned company. He introduced me to most of his colleagues and Co-workers as he is nephew and in the process I get to meet one of his senior manager who said he would take me under his unit once I resume for duty.
The problem is that the senior manager is never in good terms with my uncle and my uncle never told me this. Not until I started working with him and he began to show me hell under his unit.

He always insult me and embarrassed me in front of everyone, he even go as far as harassing me by hitting me with a book on my head.

To him I am not good enough at my job and he pile up the job of 4 people for me all alone to do on daily basis. I have no single day off since I resumed working with him including weekends.

I let my uncle know about my situation, since it is because of him I am going through all this (Note, he later told me that he was never in good terms with him)
I was 100% about quitting the job when I called home and told them that I can't take this punishment anymore, the punishment I never bargained for .
But he persuade my mom to talk me into staying and that the situation is not as bad as I am portraying it to be. He assured my mom that everything will get better in the future if I show endurance and keep working every single day of the week.

My people is this fair? What kinda job is this without a single day of rest? The terrible man they placed me under wouldn't even allow me to do my work properly, everyday he kept threatening me with sack and insult.

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL
With all my situation worsening and no help in sight and my mum threatening me never to return home if I leave the job, what should I do?
I have no choice but to head straight into the office of the executive director to lay down my complaint. And so I did.
I went straight into the executive director office with heavy fear in my heart because he's a person that you can't get easy access to, but in my situation I have to do what I have to do. Luckily for me, he listened to me and provided help by changing my department and taking me out from the terrible manager I am working with.

NOW THE PROBLEM
My uncle have a good working relationship with the executive director and the news spreading around the company is that it is because of my uncle influence that I have the guts to barge into the director office to demand a change of department.
My name has been on everyone lips for the past week. They don't believe that I went all alone in to the office, they are also accusing my uncle of having a hand in it. They also said that I have done what no one has ever done in the company.

Now this whole thing is affecting my uncle negatively, he said all the top management have now set their attention on him. He said that for me a newbie to gain direct access to meet the executive director, while some of the top managers can't even try it shows how arrogant he has become. And they are Saying that I can cause problems for them once any of them make me angry.

MY CONFESSION
To God who made me, I have never had any intention to hurt my uncle negatively at his work place. I only want a safe place to work in peace and free from constant threats and harassment.
My uncle said his job is no longer safe because of my desperate act and that all his colleagues has ganged up on him right now. He said that he regretted employing me.

Please nairaland family help me where did I go wrong, I only want a safe place from my terrible manager and now everything has spiral out of control. Everyone is talking about me and my uncle, even in my new department.

Should I finally quit this job and damned the consequences or should I stay and mind my business with no one talking to me. Please advise.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 02, 2019
i blame your uncle for helping you secure the job in the first...... he soon loose his job cos he help you
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Gandokii(m): 3:25am On Jul 02, 2019
U did well bro, I understand u cos I am in a similar situation but not as bad as ur case. Don't ever think of leaving the job, becos at the end. Ur uncle will blame you for leaving while that's wat he wishes for....In most work places colleagues or managers oppress their fellow colleagues for no reason, especially those the see that knows their no6 on the job. The see them as threat.

Don't blame ur uncle much, seems he is not well placed to fix u in a better unit or influence changing u when you complained.

The dust will go down with time, just try and please ur new unit head at ur best, mind ur biz at work, greet always with a smile especially to ur former unit head and put it in prayers.

Then try and save up....in case it gets as bad as u resigning. But I pray it won't.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Dewisedick: 3:30am On Jul 02, 2019
Don't let their treathening and talk way you down from doing your normal duty well. And do not because of how people in that company behave to you you stop greeting anyone. Do your work well and make sure you are not part of anything that could implicate you (remember, they can plan a set up).

Most importantly, I remember have thuff issues as this some 2, 3 years ago. I used to settle it in the secret place of prayer. Believe me if you go to God secretly in your room I discuss what you want with HIM, you will come out stron in the purblic. There is this peace you will have over the matter and be rest assured, you will come out victorious at the end.

Those days I used to Narates how every body is working against me to God in my prayer and I never had time to discuss such issues with any one at work place, not even at home. I behave nothing is happening at all. Ant the end when they have all row and tired they came telling that I should keep holding to my God saying that my God is good. Today i enjoy my work like you don't want to know.

Pray, pray and pray... At midnight, early morning and while at work let your heart be talking to God always.

And please, do not make quarrel with anyone because the are acting against you in the matter. Best luck!!!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 02, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Your uncle messed up rule number 2 ..Never bring another family member into place you are employed because they will mess U up
exactly

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 3:40am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

He recently helped me to get a job in a foreign owned company. He introduced me to most of his colleagues and Co-workers as he is nephew and in the process I get to meet one of his senior manager who said he would take me under his unit once I resume for duty.
The problem is that the senior manager is never in good terms with my uncle and my uncle never told me this. Not until I started working with him and he began to show me hell under his unit.

He always insult me and embarrassed me in front of everyone, he even go as far as harassing me by hitting me with a book on my head.

To him I am not good enough at my job and he pile up the job of 4 people for me all alone to do on daily basis. I have no single day off since I resumed working with him including weekends.

I let my uncle know about my situation, since it is because of him I am going through all this (Note, he later told me that he was never in good terms with him)
I was 100% about quitting the job when I called home and told them that I can't take this punishment anymore, the punishment I never bargained for .
But he persuade my mom to talk me into staying and that the situation is not as bad as I am portraying it to be. He assured my mom that everything will get better in the future if I show endurance and keep working every single day of the week.

My people is this fair? What kinda job is this without a single day of rest? The terrible man they placed me under wouldn't even allow me to do my work properly, everyday he kept threatening me with sack and insult.

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL
With all my situation worsening and no help in sight and my mum threatening me never to return home if I leave the job, what should I do?
I have no choice but to head straight into the office of the executive director to lay down my complaint. And so I did.
I went straight into the executive director office with heavy fear in my heart because he's a person that you can't get easy access to, but in my situation I have to do what I have to do. Luckily for me, he listened to me and provided help by changing my department and taking me out from the terrible manager I am working with.

NOW THE PROBLEM
My uncle have a good working relationship with the executive director and the news spreading around the company is that it is because of my uncle influence that I have the guts to barge into the director office to demand a change of department.
My name has been on everyone lips for the past week. They don't believe that I went all alone in to the office, they are also accusing my uncle of having a hand in it. They also said that I have done what no one has ever done in the company.

Now this whole thing is affecting my uncle negatively, he said all the top management have now set their attention on him. He said that for me a newbie to gain direct access to meet the executive director, while some of the top managers can't even try it shows how arrogant he has become. And they are Saying that I can cause problems for them once any of them make me angry.

MY CONFESSION
To God who made me, I have never had any intention to hurt my uncle negatively at his work place. I only want a safe place to work in peace and free from constant threats and harassment.
My uncle said his job is no longer safe because of my desperate act and that all his colleagues has ganged up on him right now. He said that he regretted employing me.

Please nairaland family help me where did I go wrong, I only want a safe place from my terrible manager and now everything has spiral out of control. Everyone is talking about me and my uncle, even in my new department.

Should I finally quit this job and damned the consequences or should I stay and mind my business with no one talking to me. Please advise.

Hold on. . . What type of job makes someone work a seven day week? That is ENSLAVEMENT
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Beercentsguru(m): 3:53am On Jul 02, 2019
Discover EXACTLY How To make Full-Time PASSIVE INCOME with your SMARTPHONE!!

✓ Earn FREE $25 Sign up Bonus��
✓No sign up fee (FREE Signup)
✓No Membership fee
✓No Charges or any investment
✓No delay payouts(Over $14.5M Paid Out Already!!)
��
Message Me On� WhatsApp 09018703734 And I will Send you the link
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Plebian(f): 3:57am On Jul 02, 2019
forget what sisioge told you. do not be humble. I repeat, do not be humble, crazy Nigerians always expecting people to be humble so they can massage their bruised Ego. so long as you can deliver on the job you owe no one humility, they will take your humility and force you to the ground. stand proud, be bold, have fire in your eyes, it's just a job, nothing on earth is worth your dignity.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by clemzo101(m): 4:03am On Jul 02, 2019
That is why it is never advisable to let people know about your relationship. I once worked for a company that has my sister as a major contractor, she got me the job but we never behave like we know each other, no greetings, nothing nothing except on official grounds, I just refer to her as Madam, lol. I give her info concerning the company, I even advise against some supplyies and so on. There was a time I was in a meeting and they planned asking her to make supplies with the assurance that she will be paid under 1month whereas they don't intend to pay her till like 6months. I quickly called her to give her the info. She didn't make that supply.

The mistake was letting everyone know he is your uncle. Just be careful and do your job diligently.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by fidkel: 4:42am On Jul 02, 2019
My brother you have done nothing wrong. Desperate times call for desperate measures and so what you did is just what's obtainable in such situations. When a man is running for his dear life, he unconsciously does things he would not be able to do under normal circumstances. You took the bull by the horn and I dare say you have added a feather to your own nest. Did you not say that they testified that you have done the impossible? Be proud, but also be humble and careful and dedicated.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by emkz: 5:29am On Jul 02, 2019
What I dont understand is how someone creates a toxic and hostile environment and expect optimal output. When people work in fear, productivity takes a huge blow. Managers know this, yet they adopt intimidation as a tool for control, yet I wonder why companies retain them.

You did the right thing. If I was in your shoes, I'd probably do the same. I have observed such behaviour in the work-place (not done to me though), and these pricks will carry on until you hold a candle to them. You are not living because you work, you are working because you live; so your self-preservation is critical for your success at work.

And IF you can in the future, get a job where the people do not know your family. This can reduce complications that may have required tact to deal with. Time being, realize that you are a marked man, and any mishap can land you on the exit door. Be careful and pray.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by smasher1(m): 5:36am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL

NOW THE PROBLEM

MY CONFESSION

You betrayed him. Work involves politics and has effects on you and your uncle
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Ten06(m): 5:39am On Jul 02, 2019
Guy stay tight there, don't go anywhere. The devil know that you will attain a very top position in that company within a short time that is why all these are happening. The deed has been done, keep a low profile, something will happen that will turn everything around and your uncle will be happy for the action you have taken so far
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

Thank you for this advice. I am really in a tight situation.

I looked 4 d betrayal with a microscope - I can't find any.

Ur uncle knew he wasn't in good terms with dat bross... yet gallant ly packaged kasala give u by acceeding to his request grin

U just did what any career counselor would have advised u to do.

It is called: Survival Tactics

Not everyone has it. Not everyone knows how to find his way around his boss. Not everyone knows how to network his way up around d executives.

Its a social skill that can.facilitate ur way up - as fast as d speed of light.

If u have it, cherish it. Those that are gonna be jealous of u and prob. start ganging up against u.

Here're my pieces of advice:

1. Be honest in ur works. Leave no dark trace behind u.
3. Be diligent
2. Be prayerful.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Bet9ja15157: 6:15am On Jul 02, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]See Below

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Taich(m): 6:25am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

Hello man up, this is life, is it not always rosy, smooth or a cool, if the salary is cool, stay there, form your own cartel, start by using what you have to influence some of your colleagues. Fortune still favours the bold , be bold as you have been and increase your performance, show your new manager what an asset you are to him, with time, he will be the one speaking good things about you.

Shalom
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by inspector1(m): 6:28am On Jul 02, 2019
Ur mama hard earn money which she used in sending you to school was never a waste.
Never blamed urself for what happened, relax ur mind and enjoy ur work but u must be careful not to fall into trap. Never be shy to stand up for ur right.......
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Jaqenhghar: 6:39am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL

NOW THE PROBLEM

MY CONFESSION

It seems you spend a lot of time listening to people and worrying about what people think about you. Why not focus on doing your job.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Jaqenhghar: 6:41am On Jul 02, 2019
Sounds like a typical Niggerian organization where gossip and small talk overrules hard work and productivity

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by DavidEsq(m): 6:41am On Jul 02, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
Dude, you got balls.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exploit it and keep to yourself. Do not tell anybody how you did it, let your uncle and his " colleagues" shit themselves.
Greet the ED well whenever you see him or her ...let their tongue wag more. You have done what has never been done, bank on it, create the mystery and let them stew.
Now this is Power. I just love this. So dope.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by themanderon: 6:44am On Jul 02, 2019
I love people that take the bull by the horns and shake boundaries. People like you are what this country is lacking that's why everything is in a complete mess. They will rather protest against a pastor but put their tails in between their legs while this government continue to take away their liberties and rights on a daily basis.
Just focus on your job and be good to everyone. You will eventually be okay that's all. You have done the impossible and there will always be opposition to what you have done that's Nigerians for you, natural born cowards.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Olasty(f): 6:49am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:
Dear op please get closer to God more than ever cause this same people that you said are discussing your matter they would want to show you the exit door so you can not be a threat to anyone of them pray to God to defend your interest and that your uncle in the organisation you are working and God to scatter any conspiracy against you and your uncle if you are a Christian ask your local pastor or elders of your assembly for prayers and you self to keep on praying

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL

NOW THE PROBLEM

MY CONFESSION

Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by deltateam: 6:49am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL

NOW THE PROBLEM

MY CONFESSION

Op to be honest. I am beginning to like you in a Godly way. You shouldn't quit, just be careful and don't eat or drink anything in that evil company. I hope the pay is worth it.

For your Uncle, let him face the music he was encouraging you to dance with time it would cool You didn't intend to hurt him but what kind of sycophantic company that managers can't see the Director?

Stay safe, mind your work. You are emancipated from mental and work slavery. Chill with Bob Marley's "Redemption song".
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Juicybreed(m): 6:51am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL

NOW THE PROBLEM

MY CONFESSION

Please be careful not to make another mistake that you Will regret. Your not loyal to your Supposed Uncle. It is a big betrayal.What you did was so wrong and show of arrogance. Your a Man and can make your decisions. You could have decided to quite your Job. Your Mother won't kill you. Better stick to him and your God, that's the best you can do.
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Juicybreed(m): 6:53am On Jul 02, 2019
Me77:

THE POINT OF BETRAYAL

NOW THE PROBLEM

MY CONFESSION

Please be careful not to make another mistake that you Will regret. Your not loyal to your Supposed Uncle. It is a big betrayal.What you did was so wrong and show of arrogance. Your a Man and can make your decisions. You could have decided to quite your Job. Your Mother won't kill you. Better stick to your Uncle and your God, that's the best you can do. I pray you survive it. Wish you Luck
Re: My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him by Wallade(m): 6:59am On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisTeck:

One of the best answers in my opinion.

It is a wrong advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8-Month-Old Baby Dies As Ogun Pastor Orders Concubines To Beat Up Wife (Pix) / Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.