Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,695 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday (54775 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Coza’s Rape Saga / Busola Dakolo: Nigerians To Protest At COZA Church On Sunday Over Rape Allegatio / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by BabylonCruise(m): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2019
Misplaced Priority!
No wonder Buhari called us Lazy
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Adakintroy2: 10:03am On Jul 01, 2019
princeade86:
When ESE Walter talked of this many years ago, no single person came out to protest. So because dakolo is a celebrity, he want to use it to bring down fatoyinbo.

Dnt mind nigerians..worst of are Christian who are also celebrity worshipers.

All of them just want to trend even the dakolos. Cus this matter is not with police so what is your end play..nigerians will soon slack. Thank God the man did not say much during the church service to fuel the issue.

I doubt it it can make the stretch through the week with big brother in the mix
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by stevenosa(m): 10:04am On Jul 01, 2019
Amakavula:
So we Abuja residents came out emass yesterday and stood up to the COZA pastor, even with his security thugs just to protest his treatment of women. And stand with Mrs Dakolo !

Here are some of the images from that protest, and yours truly, Amaka baby kiss was there in flesh, can you spot me ? wink

All those among you who have no SIN, they should go and CAST the first stone.
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by FAMILYJA(f): 10:04am On Jul 01, 2019
Amakavula:
So we Abuja residents came out emass yesterday and stood up to the COZA pastor, even with his security thugs just to protest his treatment of women. And stand with Mrs Dakolo !

Here are some of the images from that protest, and yours truly, Amaka baby kiss was there in flesh, can you spot me ? wink

You just end up showing the world your stupidity and gullibility in life. You could not organize or join a protest to bring Buhari and his government to addressing vital issues raging the country like poor power supply, unemployment, insecurity, poverty etc but this is where you ended up. I'm sorry to say this, people like you are the reason this country is still where it is.
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by wilky9ice: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2019
Anything that has to do with pastors or involves pastors you will see Nigeria killing themselves if you guys can put this effort in protecting against pastors, against our politicians and political leaders diverting our money to there personal pocket killing every were. Nigerian we be a better place.
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2019
Antoeni:
I DONT KNOW THE #COZA HEAD PASTOR IN PERSON BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

A Pastor who has a close relationship with you, who could invite you anywhere to meet him up and you will willingly meet him up because of the Father and daughter relationship both of you have created over time, suddenly wakes up early in the morning by 7AM as brilliant and smart as he looks, summoned courage left his family (Wife and Child) to visit your family house that early hour, not minding if anyone would be at home, you opened the door, he pushed you, pulled off his trousers and raped you, you didn't scream, no! You tried to scream but he covered your mouth in the parlor of your family house, overpowered you in your parents house, when he was done raping you he didn't rush out, he still went to the car and got a drink and gave to you comfortably not minding if anyone might come in to see the blood stains, And finally with the way she described her compound I wondered who opened the gate that early hours of the day.... Don't also forget that her sister was at home. Dumb storyline, from a dumb Author..... I don't support rape, but your story should be truthful enough to convince smart people.

Before I forget, with the way she described her family house, I believe her family is well to do to an extent an average family, and at 18 and as smart and outspoken as you said earlier on, why didn't you tell it to your parents immediately so they can take up the case immediately, why wait till now?

There are things you tell smart people and they would believe not this crab. Something might have transpired between you both which I don't know but not this story.

I've been seeing a lot of post from people concluding on this matter, think before you write

My advice to every young lady or young man out there, if you ever become a victim of rape which I pray you won't become speak out immediately..

I say no to Rape, but this story got few lapses me view tho
You speak with sense joor
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Csami(m): 10:05am On Jul 01, 2019
Antoeni:

A Pastor who has a close relationship with you, who could invite you anywhere to meet him up and you will willingly meet him up because of the Father and daughter relationship both of you have created over time, suddenly wakes up early in the morning by 7AM as brilliant and smart as he looks, summoned courage left his family (Wife and Child) to visit your family house that early hour, not minding if anyone would be at home, you opened the door, he pushed you, pulled off his trousers and raped you, you didn't scream, no! You tried to scream but he covered your mouth in the parlor of your family house, overpowered you in your parents house, when he was done raping you he didn't rush out, he still went to the car and got a drink and gave to you comfortably not minding if anyone might come in to see the blood stains, And finally with the way she described her compound I wondered who opened the gate that early hours of the day.... Don't also forget that her sister was at home. Dumb storyline, from a dumb Author..... I don't support rape, but your story should be truthful enough to convince smart people.

Before I forget, with the way she described her family house, I believe her family is well to do to an extent an average family, and at 18 and as smart and outspoken as you said earlier on, why didn't you tell it to your parents immediately so they can take up the case immediately, why wait till now?

There are things you tell smart people and they would believe not this crab. Something might have transpired between you both which I don't know but not this story.

I've been seeing a lot of post from people concluding on this matter, think before you write

My advice to every young lady or young man out there, if you ever become a victim of rape which I pray you won't become speak out immediately..

Few lapses!? Bro this story get errors more than programming languages.

What about the second one that took placr on the bonnet of his car? Like he took her to a big, isolated forest then ordered her down to position herself on the bonnet then raped her? Cool story.

Do you know the statistics of rape to occur to a woman the second time by the same man? I mean if he raped you the first time, what are you doing with him the second time alone?

That pastor is no saint but this rape accusation is just dumb!
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by AdorableJosh(m): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
Instead of protesting Islami z ation wait till sh!t hits the fan, you will know what is rape

There's no monopoly of protests, you can start the one for your cause and people will join you, let people be aggrieved and face your front.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Devilpen(m): 10:07am On Jul 01, 2019
even if I don't Know much about this COZA thing.... I know that "COZAgbara to dabi ti jesu..... "
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2019
no one was selling chilled krest ?
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by dapadawee: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2019
naira lander follow collect 10k
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Originalsly: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2019
Nice coverage Amakavula.... so good to read our own report instead of cut and paste crap from other sources.

@ topic... protests bring about change...this one would have a whole lot of pastors nervous. Almost sure many of those protesting were victims or know victims of rape or sexual abuse by these self anointed men of god.
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Tonyblessed(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2019
Your mates were in church worshipping God and getting blessed. Na protest you go protest. Some really lazy Nigerian youths.
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Sufisunni: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2019
No body is above the law. Rape is a crime
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2019
princeade86:
When ESE Walter talked of this many years ago, no single person came out to protest. So because dakolo is a celebrity, he want to use it to bring down fatoyinbo.

Ese Walter is actually the one that wants to bring pastor down....she ddnt say she was raped...she said she had an affair with the man...that’s a clear vindictive move stemming out of being dumped. Mayb that’s why nobody cared about her story much
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by mozzking: 10:14am On Jul 01, 2019
HappyPagan:

what's the value of Nigerian christians to Nigerian unbelievers?
to be honest, no value. we as nigerians as a whole has failed woefully in every area of humanity
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by dreu2fine(m): 10:17am On Jul 01, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
Instead of protesting Islami z ation wait till sh!t hits the fan, you will know what is rape
You can lead d protest
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:17am On Jul 01, 2019
ugly foolish feminist.
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 01, 2019
Amakavula:

you are a COMPOUND and COMPLEX heedioott for participating in this protest...

no wonder u r still joblessgringrin
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by bimgo: 10:18am On Jul 01, 2019
CAPITAL YES.A lady liked me and she didn't know how open up and lied against being touching her but latter confessed she was joking that i didn't touch her.
Antoeni:

Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by ClearFlair: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2019
Amakavula:

You Abuja residents or you social media jury. Just don’t disturb the peace of our neighborhood if not you’ll find yourself in serious trouble with the Law. Carry your wahala somewhere else.
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by PrettyEneawan(f): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2019
A Teenage Girl That Was Rape To The Extent That The Doctor Comfirmed, That She Would Not Be Able To Birth A Child. None Of You Say Anything About The Case. Since Is About Celebrity Una Go Protest.
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by semyman: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2019
I knew about this long time ago

Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:22am On Jul 01, 2019
buh if u rush a woman in sex out of her will, and finally u cudn't cum after the sex. Please will that one still be counted as rape
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by nduchucks: 10:23am On Jul 01, 2019
I commend the protesters, but I must ask this question:

When are you all going to protest against the ongoing rape of Nigerians by your Governors and members of NASS? They have been rapimg you people for decades. embarassed
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by laudate: 10:24am On Jul 01, 2019
Antoeni:

People react differently, to various situations, and this is probably one of the reasons why they do so:

Why many rape victims don’t fight or yell

By James W. Hopper June 23, 2015

James W. Hopper, PhD, is an independent consultant and part-time instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiaßtry of Harvard Medical School. He has conducted research on the neurobiology of trauma, and trains investigators, prosecutors, judges, and higher-education professionals on its implications. Here, he offers his explanation of why people don’t always respond to an attack the way others might expect:

In the midst of sexual assault, the brain’s fear circuitry dominates. The prefrontal cortex can be severely impaired, and all that’s left may be reflexes and habits.

In the Washington Post’s recent series on college sexual assault, many victims describe how they reacted – and did not react – while being assaulted.

Another article also published this month, in the Harvard Review of Psychiatry, shows that some responses have been programmed into human brains by evolution.

Bringing together the accounts of those who have been assaulted with the neurobiology of trauma can play an essential role in supporting healing and the pursuits of accountability and justice.

For example, freezing is a brain-based response to detecting danger, especially a predator’s attack. Think deer in the headlights.

As one woman told the Post, “I didn’t say no, but I didn’t really know what to do. I just kind of froze.”

Freezing occurs when the amygdala – a crucial structure in the brain’s fear circuitry – detects an attack and signals the brainstem to inhibit movement. It happens in a flash, automatically and beyond conscious control.

Simultaneously with the freeze response, the fear circuitry unleashes a surge of “stress chemicals” into the prefrontal cortex, the brain region that allows us to think rationally – to recall the bedroom door is open, or that people are in the dorm room next door, for example, and to make use of that information.

But the surge of chemicals rapidly impairs the prefrontal cortex. That’s because, despite our dominant role on the planet now, we evolved as prey, and when a lion or tiger is upon us, stopping to think is fatal.

Indeed, no one understands better than the military that intense fear impairs our prefrontal cortex and capacity for reason.

When bullets are flying and blood is flowing, you had better have some really effective habit learning to rely upon.

That’s why combat training is rigorous and repetitive – to burn in habits of effectively firing weapons, executing combat formations, etc.

Most victims will freeze, if only briefly. Some will fight back, effectively. Some will resist in habitual, passive ways. Some will suddenly give in and cry. Others will become paralyzed, become faint, pass out or dissociate.

Few who have experienced these responses realize that they are brain reactions to attack and terror.

They blame themselves for “failing” to resist. They feel ashamed. (Men especially may see themselves as cowards and feel like they’re not real men.) They may tell no one, even during an investigation. Sadly, many investigators and prosecutors still don’t know some or all of these brain-based responses.

None of these responses – in women or men – entails consent or cowardice.

None is evidence of resistance too insufficient to warrant our respect and compassion.

They are responses we should expect from brains dominated by the circuitry of fear (just as we should expect fragmented and incomplete memories).

May the day come when everyone who knows someone who has been sexually assaulted – which is all of us, whether we know that yet or not – understands these basic ways that our brains can react to such attacks and uses this knowledge to foster healing and justice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2015/06/23/why-many-rape-victims-dont-fight-or-yell/?utm_term=.88d44a8a3377

Say NO to Rape!!
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by SIRTee15: 10:24am On Jul 01, 2019
Konsult07:

I wonder ooo, we can't organize and protest against bad government, money laundering and all the politics played in the country with vivid evidence and yet we complain abt everything.

Get off your comfort zone n lead the protest u passionate about....
Those protesters are doing something...protesting against what they feel is wrong....
What protest have u organised or led against money laundering or govt corruption....
Have u called for one n u didn't receive a positive response....
The annoying thing now is if we call for a march against Buhari's hopeless govt, your likes will not be seen on the protest ground...
The other day, Tuface called for protest against poverty and govt incompetence...
The same Nigerians criticized him telling him to mind his business.....
Funmi iyanda led a protest against the exploitative toll gate at lekki, she was beaten by the nigerian police...
Madam obi protest for chibok girls is still very much alive, all she got from Nigerians was ridicule n mockery....
These are celebrities taking action n leading protest....
What about u....
Bunch of lazy arm chair critics or should we say rapist sympathizers....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by plaetton: 10:25am On Jul 01, 2019
Amakavula:
More images, this is the best one ( the first )
Good work !
Kudos smiley

1 Like

Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by FakeHamdan101: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2019
These are obviously the jobless ones. protesting over something you are not sure of. What if he didn't do it. He should have his time in court & not this stupid protest. We have bigger issues plaguing this nation but no protest rather people are wasting their energy protesting about a story told that no one could verify
Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 01, 2019
ollah2:

When will you guys quit spreading hate, lies and propaganda? When you will quit being haters and bigots? Where is the statisitics that proves that all the victims killed by herdmen and boko haram are all christians in a predominantly occupied muslim north

Why are u being sentimental and a Boko Haram apologist... which statistics are u waiting for. Is the video of Abubakar shakarau claiming until Nigeria is an Islamic state they will not stop the killings not enough for you
What do mean by spreading hate? I have folks who have lost friends close family and property to the killings...so talking about it is spreading hate?? U sound like the transgender folks abroad
.... Muslims that die in Boko Haram attacks are only collateral damages...it’s a jihad war..take it or leave it....of course there are other factions of lawless people masquerading as boko Haram kidnapping and raping and looting properties...but don’t get it twisted...the original boko Haram agenda is to kill infidel Christians and install Islamic state

1 Like

Re: Photos From The COZA Rape Protest In Abuja On Sunday by eskuvoisrael(m): 10:30am On Jul 01, 2019
I don't expect Timi to push this case too far been the fact that he's a celeb and knows what ladies can do if they want to bring down a man.
Cross examine her and the truth will be revealed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

“Anal Sex And MouthAction Are Sins Against God” – Nigerian Lady. See Reactions / Two Ghanaian Evangelists Fight Over Offering At The Market (Photos) / There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.