Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers (8634 Views)

Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) / APC Members They Speaks With Bitterness,venom And Angers. President Jonathan / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2010
Abagworo:

@ibime.be careful what you type especially if you are using a bb or personal registered modem.I got a warning call yesterday because of my comments on nairaland telling me my position.

that's exactly what they do now

!!!!!Dem go tire !!!!!!!!!!!

JONATHAN GRIDLOCK is behind it
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by seanet02: 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
ferari90:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=527850.0;num_replies=64#top
Insert Quote
that is you, 93 elections cancelled GJ? Dele Giwa killed with a PARCEL BOMB, its GJ? The remote cause of MKO death, GJ? Obj came out of prison to become our president due to the selfish interest of some people, GJ? the best election in Nigeria was cancelled, GJ? Ejigbo plane crash that killed Intelligent and young military officers, GJ? Jega was imprisoned illegally, GJ? $12.5 billion Gulf oil money, GJ? Arrest of Nigerias development through a Selfish ambition clouded with IMF LOAN GJ? unbanning and banning of politics, GJ? Turning Nigeria to a Toy with different set of economic policies, GJ? SAP that the world bank later apologized to Nigerians, GJ?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2010
ferari90:

GRIDLOCK indeed.

[size=15pt]Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe[/size] [size=15pt]| Awolowo Belewa[/size] soon to be appended = [size=15pt]Inconsistency incorporated![/size]
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Faeb: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

GRIDLOCK indeed.
. . .

Are your PDP bullets finished?
. . .Anyways, lets show off the trick learnt from kobomonkey. . .

[size=21pt]ROTFLMAO!![/size]
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2010
@ Beaf, Who bombed Jonathan's country home in Bayelsa? Can you refute the fact that all the illegal bombs in Nigeria are from the creeks of Niger Delta?

[size=15pt]Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe[/size] [size=15pt]| Awolowo Belewa[/size] soon to be appended = [size=15pt]Inconsistency incorporated![/size]
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Faeb: 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

@ Beaf, Who bombed Jonathan's country home in Bayelsa? Can you refute the fact that all the illegal bombs in Nigeria are from the creeks of Niger Delta?

I know you're just being a funny guy, cos dude! Dem don begin de tif serious levels of explosives [/b]for [b]North [/b]dis days o!
[b]Maybe they want to use them to kill mosquito's, not so? Or maybe someone just wanted to light their cigarettes at the Oct 1 parade?

[size=14pt]Union leaders suspended for exposing missing explosives[/size]
From EMMANUEL ADEYEMI, Lokoja
Thursday, July 08, 2010

The end may not have been heard on the recent sudden disappearance of 100 cartons of explosives in the National Iron Ore Mining Corporation, Itakpe. This is because the union leaders who allegedly exposed the disappearance of the high calibre explosives were recently handed letters of indefinite suspension from office.

The Interim Management Committee of the company was said to be infuriated over the petition written by the union leaders to the office of the Minister of Mines and Steel and for causing it to be published in some newspapers.
Daily Sun had in June reported the sudden disappearance of the explosives from the stores of the company and the alarm raised by the union members on the inherent dangers it posed to the society especially in the next year’s general elections.

In the petition sent to the Ministry of Mines and Steel and copied to some security agencies, the union leaders raised suspicion on certain officials in the company and called on the Federal Government to institute a panel of inquiry to get to the root of the disappearance of the explosives.

But rather than investigate the allegations, the Interim Management Committee of the company recently slammed an indefinite suspension order on the affected union members all in a bid to sweep the allegations under the carpet.
In a letter signed by Musa Bello, co-ordinator, (Admin), on behalf of the vice chairman of the Interim Committee and dated June 10, the suspension notice was conveyed to the union members.

Those suspended were Abdulmaleeq Mohammed (ISSAN chairman), Abdul Ganiyu (SEWUN) chairman, Ilesanmi Julius (ISSAN Secretary) and Yusuf Mohammed Omeiza (SEWUN secretary). The letter of suspension also conveyed a notice to the affected union leaders to appear before a disciplinary committee to defend their actions and urged them to hand over all the company property in their possession to the appropriate quarters.

Part of the letter reads: “Management finds the said petition and publication to be false, made without authority and in complete disregard of the company’s rules regarding settlement of grievances.” The suspension letter also alleged that the union leaders had failed to respond to an earlier query issued to them by the company’s management.

But in a swift reaction, one of the union leaders was quoted as saying the said query letter had since been answered and conveyed to the appropriate authority and alleged that the management was only trying to victimize the union leaders instead of fishing out the thieves. The union leader said the allegation of the disappearance of the 100 cartons of explosives was not false as claimed by management saying theft actually took place in the corporation.
Meanwhile, Daily Sun gathered that security agents had swooped into action to unravel the sudden disappearance or otherwise of the said explosives.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/july/08/national-01-08-2010-009.htm
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
but why did beaf change his name to faeb?

I wish u will extend you U-turn to your choice of politics.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by mbulela: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2010
This is a country governed by lies, rumours and deceit.
we have sunk so low that we believe a man like Okah.
I guess in our desperation and disappointment in the inept barbarians running the show at the centre, we are looking for hope in any one, even Okah.
I do not believe GEJ nor Okah.
They are both liars and deceitful characters.
suprisingly, the truth might never be known and we would continue our downward slope towards the abyss as a nation.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by rhymz(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Correction ---> I DO HAVE TO BELIEVE Okah's statement; I don't have to because there is no reason here to BELIEVE OR NOT BELIEVE . . . If you know me well, you will know that when it comes to issues, especially pertaining to Nigeria, I HATE TAKING SIDES . . . I find it is one of the biggest mistakes we make as a people and a nation.

The way the law works is simple. You have one side of the story and until you are able to disprove or prove the validity of that version, all you still have is that version to go with.

So far, what we have is Okah's version of what happened to work with. Not a single person, not even the so called SSS officers has come out to say "No, it did not happen that way" or  put forth a definite on what happened instead. All we have heard or been fed with from the other side are shoddy reasons on why Okah is probably(not DEFINITELY) wrong or Okah is likely guilty or Okah never said anything. Not even the president himself, even after his debacle with MEND over the week, has been quoted as saying Okah is definitely guilty of charges or never made the interview.

Think about it for a minute . Imagine waking up to something similar happening, say in the US, and the FBI descending to the level our so called SSS has on this issue? Don't you think the world will be calling for the truth to be revealed immediately? Don't you think the world will smell something is definitely amiss?

Again, he owes you and I nothing at this time ; if you want to believe he is guilty, then maybe you would think he owes you and others answers or something. I am operating on the grounds that he is still innocent until proven guilty on this one because I have yet to read of the evidence proving he had a hand in this one.

. . . .OH PLS shut up!!
You talk too much to even notice the flaws in your arguements.
YOU HATE TAKING SIDES??. . . what da hell ve U been doing all the while?? Arguing for the fun of it??
"I DO HAVE TO BELIEVE Okah's statement; I don't have to because there is no reason here to BELIEVE OR NOT BELIEVE" . . . What exactly is your point? You just like to rabble meaningless mumbo-jumbos popping up in Ur head!!

"So far, what we have is Okah's version of what happened to work with. Not a single person, not even the so called SSS officers has come out to say "No, it did not happen that way" or  put forth a definite on what happened instead".
you keep going round and round with stupid logic that only makes sense to you. For your information, Henry Okar was the one that made claims of recieving a call, the onus is on him to divulge the identity of his caller, simple. The FG has already done what it is supposed to do, challenge him to reveal the identity of the caller. Which truth does the all-knowing, senseless logic-argueing Kobo want again? The one you wish to hear I guess!
Abeg just shut up if U ve nothing else to say than display un-needed arguementative skills with out any fact. . . Your lengthy epistles are giving sb headaches jare!!. . . .
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2010
mbulela:

This is a country governed by lies, rumours and deceit.
we have sunk so low that we believe a man like Okah.
I guess in our desperation and disappointment in the inept barbarians running the show at the centre, we are looking for hope in any one, even Okah.
I do not believe GEJ nor Okah.
They are both liars and deceitful characters.
[size=13pt] suprisingly, the truth might never be known and we would continue our downward slope towards the abyss as a nation.[/size]

quite unfortunate!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2010
Correction ---> I DO HAVE TO BELIEVE Okah's statement; I don't have to because there is no reason here to BELIEVE OR NOT BELIEVE . . . If you know me well, you will know that when it comes to issues, especially pertaining to Nigeria, I HATE TAKING SIDES . . . I find it is one of the biggest mistakes we make as a people and a nation.

The way the law works is simple. You have one side of the story and until you are able to disprove or prove the validity of that version, all you still have is that version to go with.

So far, what we have is Okah's version of what happened to work with. Not a single person, not even the so called SSS officers has come out to say "No, it did not happen that way" or put forth a definite on what happened instead. All we have heard or been fed with from the other side are shoddy reasons on why Okah is probably(not DEFINITELY) wrong or Okah is likely guilty or Okah never said anything. Not even the president himself, even after his debacle with MEND over the week, has been quoted as saying Okah is definitely guilty of charges or never made the interview.

Think about it for a minute . Imagine waking up to something similar happening, say in the US, and the FBI descending to the level our so called SSS has on this issue? Don't you think the world will be calling for the truth to be revealed immediately? Don't you think the world will smell something is definitely amiss?

Again, he owes you and I nothing at this time ; if you want to believe he is guilty, then maybe you would think he owes you and others answers or something. I am operating on the grounds that he is still innocent until proven guilty on this one because I have yet to read of the evidence proving he had a hand in this one.

@Kobojunkie

Your getting me all confused with your arguments, you don't have to believe Okah or you believe him which?, there's no version of the federal government here apart from Okah's, he says he was called by an aide of the president to refute the claim by MEND, The government has called him to open up on the name of the official and all he does is threaten to do it if he is being pushed further, is sitting in jail for a crime you didn't commit and an evidence to rope in the people you believe did it not enough reason for him to come clean on who called him, What is he afraid of, everyone knows he is on a war path with the government so what's he scared of spilling, I even pity the media houses who claimed he has called them,can't they pry him to divulge this information, for him not to means he doesn't have any.He made the claim not the government so he should say who called him. His 15 minutes of fame is over. He is a drowning man and he knows it.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by favouredjb(f): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2010
No one is saying okah can't make calls from the prison,we know there are pay phones,but to say he has his mobile fone with him is laughable,and he is able to receive txt messages?who is fooling who?
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by rhymz(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2010
favouredjb:

No one is saying okah can't make calls from the prison,we know there are pay phones,but to say he has his mobile fone with him is laughable,and he is able to receive txt messages?who is fooling who?
. . . Abeg explain it to them, many ppl just like to make displaced arguements that are baseless. The issue is not even whether he can make or recieve calls from prison ( I believe it is possible) but given Mr Okah's case and the whole scenerio, it is very clear what the antics are.
GEJ may ve goofed when he rushed out and in literal terms exonerated MEND and surreptitiously took them of the suspects' radar. But that is not to say we should believe die-hard criminals like Henry Okah, and even paint scenerios for him to help his story fit.
Henry Okah is held in SA on terrorism charges and denied bail on the ground that he might jump bail. It is sheer folly for anyone to argue or imply that because he's got the reach, that it was possible for him to have his phone while in custody-not when you ve been denied bail and being detained for commiting acts of terrorism- and even make unrestrained calls to media houses and boasting to extend it to other international media houses with the ears of the RSA government and that of world open. Even if there was some security lapses and he was able to make that call, I strongly doubt the RSA government would let it happen the second time, this is an issue of diplomacy.
Even the RSA security officials denied it that he made any call to Aljazeera from detention yet the likes of that talka ive Kobojunk wants to paint stupid scenerios to support his claims. . . . Who does not know this whole claims arranged to suit a purpose. . . Rubbish!!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by favouredjb(f): 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2010
true
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2010
babasoty:

@Kobojunkie

Your getting me all confused with your arguments, you don't have to believe Okah or you believe him which?,
I can see how a fellow Nigerian will find this one had to deal with. We are too used to taking sides on issues that we find it almost impossible to remove ourselves(not make it about our person and our view) and see things the way they really are.
babasoty:

there's no version of the federal government here apart from Okah's, he says he was called by an aide of the president to refute the claim by MEND, The government has called him to open up on the name of the official and all he does is threaten to do it if he is being pushed further, is sitting in jail for a crime you didn't commit and an evidence to rope in the people you believe did it not enough reason for him to come clean on who called him,
CORRECTION:
a) There is NO REPORT OF CALL BEING MADE BY THE GOVERNMENT TO DATE to Okah IN PRISON to open up on any names. That is YOUR ASSUMPTION there you are confusing with reality.
The only people we know from reports to today who have spoken to Okah since after this interview are a) his lawyer b) aljazeera c) his wife. Claiming Government called him in Jail to demand he names the one who called him is a stretch, don't you think? And you are the one likely injecting that without even thinking of how absurd that would be at this time.
b) If you have ever really been charged for any crime, your lawyer, if a good one, would likely advice you to play your aces right. Why are you harping on this? Why not spend more time to demand the government RIGHT THERE IN NIGERIA investigates it's office, if it is 100% that the call did not come from a close aide? The same government is all too willing to probe the spending of money it allocated/shared for the independence spending, what about an investigation into the allegations made against close aides? Imagine if someone had linked the white house to the Oklahoma bombing. Don't you think the white house would be tearing apart the president's close aides to ensure the allegations are false?
Now, I know we are speaking of Nigeria here and so no to expect any miracles, but seriously, I think you need to remove yourself from this so you start asking the right questions rather than attacking a man you are not even sure is guilty of the crimes leveled against him in this case. Why is your government dismissing this and offering nothing factual to support their dismissal of the allegations?
babasoty:

What is he afraid of, everyone knows he is on a war path with the government so what's he scared of spilling,
a) His life and probably his freedom? What sort of question is this
babasoty:

I even pity the media houses who claimed he has called them,can't they pry him to divulge this information, for him not to means he doesn't have any.He made the claim not the government so he should say who called him. His 15 minutes of fame is over. He is a drowning man and he knows it.
You are not making any sense at all, you know that? You have already condemned the man without even a fragment of evidence presented you that he is even involved in anyway, and you think you are on the right path and those who ask questions are someone irrational?

Anywho, I see this is getting nowhere for both of us. It is alright that you believe he is guilty of this. I will chose to wait to see the "truth" comes out on this and how it all fits in the end.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by xterra2(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2010
mikeansy:

but why did beaf change his name to faeb?

I wish u will extend you U-turn to your choice of politics.
Beaf was using the name "beaf" up until the Bomb Blast Saga started
One can't help but deduce that he may have been Embarrassed and Disappointed by his Master GEJ
Am i wrong Beaf/Faeb?

And Mike i can assure you that he would resurrect under another different name apart from this Faeb when Jonathan eventually loose the Primaries

Burrying his head in Shame grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2010
@Kobojunkie
While the truth of this matter is yet to be clear, you do realize you are defending the honor of a gun runner. Right?

Kobojunkie:

I can see how a fellow Nigerian will find this one had to deal with. We are too used to taking sides on issues that we find it almost impossible to remove ourselves(not make it about our person and our view) and see things the way they really are. CORRECTION:
a) There is NO REPORT OF CALL BEING MADE BY THE GOVERNMENT TO DATE to Okah IN PRISON to open up on any names. That is YOUR ASSUMPTION there you are confusing with reality.
The only people we know from reports to today who have spoken to Okah since after this interview are a) his lawyer b) aljazeera c) his wife. Claiming Government called him in Jail to demand he names the one who called him is a stretch, don't you think? And you are the one likely injecting that without even thinking of how absurd that would be at this time.
b) If you have ever really been charged for any crime, your lawyer, if a good one, would likely advice you to play your aces right. Why are you harping on this? Why not spend more time to demand the government RIGHT THERE IN NIGERIA investigates it's office, if it is 100% that the call did not come from a close aide? The same government is all too willing to probe the spending of money it allocated/shared for the independence spending, what about an investigation into the allegations made against close aides? Imagine if someone had linked the white house to the Oklahoma bombing. Don't you think the white house would be tearing apart the president's close aides to ensure the allegations are false?
Now, I know we are speaking of Nigeria here and so no to expect any miracles, but seriously, I think you need to remove yourself from this so you start asking the right questions rather than attacking a man you are not even sure is guilty of the crimes leveled against him in this case. Why is your government dismissing this and offering nothing factual to support their dismissal of the allegations?a) His life and probably his freedom? What sort of question is thisYou are not making any sense at all, you know that? You have already condemned the man without even a fragment of evidence presented you that he is even involved in anyway, and you think you are on the right path and those who ask questions are someone irrational?

Anywho, I see this is getting nowhere for both of us. It is alright that you believe he is guilty of this. I will chose to wait to see the "truth" comes out on this and how it all fits in the end.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2010
koruji:

@Kobojunkie
While the truth of this matter is yet to be clear, you do realize you are defending the honor of a gun runner. Right?

Please stick to analyzing the post and not trying to read my mind, or injecting your delusions into it -- you are doing a terrible job there. sigh!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2010
Typical, Kobojunkie. You are obviously carrying the bag for Okah. Simple as ABC.

Kobojunkie:

Please stick to analyzing the post and not trying to read my mind, or injecting your delusions into it -- you are doing a terrible job there. sigh!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by rhymz(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I can see how a fellow Nigerian will find this one had to deal with. We are too used to taking sides on issues that we find it almost impossible to remove ourselves(not make it about our person and our view) and see things the way they really are. CORRECTION:
Now, I know we are speaking of Nigeria here and so no to expect any miracles, but seriously, I think you need to remove yourself from this so you start asking the right questions rather than attacking a man you are not even sure is guilty of the crimes leveled against him in this case. Why is your government dismissing this and offering nothing factual to support their dismissal of the allegations?a) His life and probably his freedom? What sort of question is thisYou are not making any sense at all, you know that? You have already condemned the man without even a fragment of evidence presented you that he is even involved in anyway, and you think you are on the right path and those who ask questions are someone irrational?

. . . .na who dis one wan giv headaches?? Wetin be dis?
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by brilantio: 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2010
Where is his CNN/BBC interview, I have been waiting since morning, even had to put on my generator. lol. Wtf is he?
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2010
koruji:

@Kobojunkie

What's wrong with defending him? The truth is that Okah has just as much credibility as the ex-militants Jonathan is openly fraternizing with. He was an arms dealer and a member of MEND but he accepted the Government's amnesty just like Asari and co. so that's all in the past.

The only reason why everybody is blaming him for the bomb blast is because Jonathan's camp says he was responsible. As far as I know they haven't presented a shred of evidence linking him to the bombings. And if the events of the last few days (the Dokpesi text saga and Jonathan exonerating MEND) shows us anything it's that the Nigerian authorities are neither credible nor competent. Okah himself keeps insisting he had nothing to do with it.

Also, what little information we have about Okah suggests that he is a very unlikely culprit. We know he's been in South Africa for months and couldn't have planted the bombs without local help. We know that while he was involved with MEND he was mainly a supplier and was hardly involved with the operations (fighting and sabotage) side. We know that he had very few men under him then and probably none now.

And thanks to Al Jazeera we now know that there's a faction of MEND still active in the creeks. These guys have accepted responsibility for the explosions and have never claimed any relationship with Okah. I'd really like to know what the logic is behind the government ignoring the most obvious suspects and chasing after some guy in far-away SA who is so clearly out of touch with the angry Niger Delta youths that are MEND's main constituency. To assume that all the ex-militants in Nigeria are now born-again and thus above suspicion is beyond stup!d.

If Jonathan really wants to catch the bombers, he should start by asking his friends Tompolo, BoyLoaf and company who they think is responsible. He should ask them about their former strategies and where they were getting their money and weapons. He should ask them who among them is yet to lay down arms. I wouldn't be surprised if all or most of them had some guns and explosives stashed away

Then maybe he should try asking Al Jazeera for directions to the MEND camp they visited on September 29th. I'm sure they'll be glad to help.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2010
@Evil Brain
No doubt there is a lack of clarity on what really happened here, as my statement implied. The problem is someone defending obvious inconsistencies in Okah's statements as if they KNEW what happened. You started out admitting that both sides of this issue are lacking in credibility, but then you went on to say that WE KNOW things that we really don't know - see the bolded part of your message below. While Okah was in prison under OBJ, did his gun-running stop? Who knows?

What we know about Okah was that after his release he went on to say that he will "continue the fight" - that is not what someone whose only job was supplying arms say when the warriors are planning to end the war.

The only fact that we know is that United States & U.K. intelligence provided information on this - and you can be sure they pointed some fingers. Untill that evidence becomes wholly public, understandably not so at this point, we must assume that each side has hidden information in what they are saying - inconsistencies may help us know when someone is telling outright lies, but we cannot be entirely sure for now.

Evil Brain:

The truth is that Okah has just as much credibility as the ex-militants Jonathan is openly fraternizing with. He was an arms dealer and a member of MEND but he accepted the Government's amnesty just like Asari and co. so that's all in the past.

The only reason why everybody is blaming him for the bomb blast is because Jonathan's camp says he was responsible. As far as I know they haven't presented a shred of evidence linking him to the bombings. And if the events of the last few days (the Dokpesi text saga and Jonathan exonerating MEND) shows us anything it's that the Nigerian authorities are neither credible nor competent. Okah himself keeps insisting he had nothing to do with it.

Also, what little information we have about Okah suggests that he is a very unlikely culprit. We know he's been in South Africa for months and couldn't have planted the bombs without local help. We know that while he was involved with MEND he was mainly a supplier and was hardly involved with the operations (fighting and sabotage) side. We know that he had very few men under him then and probably none now.

And thanks to Al Jazeera we now know that there's a faction of MEND still active in the creeks. These guys have accepted responsibility for the explosions and have never claimed any relationship with Okah. I'd really like to know what the logic is behind the government ignoring the most obvious suspects and chasing after some guy in far-away SA who is so clearly out of touch with the angry Niger Delta youths that are MEND's main constituency. To assume that all the ex-militants in Nigeria are now born-again and thus above suspicion is beyond stup!d.

If Jonathan really wants to catch the bombers, he should start by asking his friends Tompolo, BoyLoaf and company who they think is responsible. He should ask them about their former strategies and where they were getting their money and weapons. She should ask them who among them is yet to lay down arms. I wouldn't be surprised if all or most of them had some guns and explosives stashed away

Then maybe he should try asking Al Jazeera for directions to the MEND camp they visited on September 29th. I'm sure they'll be glad to help.

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2010
koruji:

What we know about Okah was that after his release he went on to say that he will "continue the fight" - that is not what someone whose only job was supplying arms say when the warriors are planning to end the war.

The only fact that we know is that United States & U.K. intelligence provided information on this - and you can be sure they pointed some fingers. Untill that evidence becomes wholly public, understandably not so at this point, we must assume that each side has hidden information in what they are saying - inconsistencies may help us know when someone is telling outright lies, but we cannot be entirely sure for now.

The British and American intelligence agencies don't do magic. Any info they may have had about the bombs must have been obtained right here in Nigeria. Plus MEND have said that they circulated warnings about the attack as early as five days before. I wouldn't be surprised if all they did was forward one of Jomo Gbomo's emails to the SSS or something. That something was going to happen was clearly common knowledge to everyone except the Nigerian authorities (how many heads of state were at Eagle Square?) There's no reason to think that the foreign agencies have a better idea than our government about who was responsible (except that they're not brainless and don't have a political agenda).

The bombs were small, the kind that anybody with a knowledge of secondary school chemistry can make (there are plenty of guides on the internet if you're interested). Or MEND could easily have modified some of the weapons they already have. They have proven themselves in the past to be experts at this type of thing, there's no reason to think they need any foreign help. And making this kind of bomb is not expensive. With a small bag of fertilizer and some petrol, you can be blowing things up in minutes and for less than 5000 naira! I really don't see what Henry Okah's role in this could be.

The FBI and co are very good at intercepting communications and monitoring international travelers, but there's no way they have the resources to detect small scale bomb makers in a backwater like Nigeria. If you decided to make a bomb in your bathroom tomorrow, how would the Americans know? Even if Okah had anything to do with it, he couldn't have been the main actor. And if he wasn't the main actor, then why would the Americans (or whoever) finger him?

Maybe he posted something on his facebook page (wassup gaize! plantin some bombz around abuja! lol). Or maybe the government is just using the guy as a scapegoat.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2010
Evil Brain:

What's wrong with defending him? The truth is that Okah has just as much credibility as the ex-militants Jonathan is openly fraternizing with. He was an arms dealer and a member of MEND but he accepted the Government's amnesty just like Asari and co. so that's all in the past.

Thank you for yet again stressing the obvious in this case so far. PICKING SIDES without considering what we really know seems what some folks on here are good for. Rumors and lies --- we seem to value those more than truth unfortunately.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2010
@Kobojunkie
I do not speak for anyone else. And between you, Evil Brain and me you two are the only ones choosing the side of someone whose known job is gun-running.

His statements contained inconsistencies, just like those emanating from the presidency - but you took it on yourself to defend his inconsistencies. And yes, the presidency called on him to name whoever called him. And, no they did not call him on the phone - they called on him same way he has been releasing all these statements that you hang on to - through the press.

Kobojunkie:

Thank you for elaborating for those who are too close minded to see that we are once again about to let the truth get away from us in our quick bids to pick sides in this.  That seems all we are good for in that country. Rumors and lies --- we seem to value that more than truth unfortunately.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2010
koruji:

@Evil Brain
No doubt there is a lack of clarity on what really happened here, as my statement implied. The problem is someone defending obvious inconsistencies in Okah's statements as if they KNEW what happened. You started out admitting that both sides of this issue are lacking in credibility, but then you went on to say that WE KNOW things that we really don't know - see the bolded part of your message below. While Okah was in prison under OBJ, did his gun-running stop? Who knows?

What Obvious inconsistencies are those?

koruji:

uumm . . . OK! It is not a secret that Okah did not accept the amnesty package offered by the  government, and so he essentially is still in with the militants or whatever you want to call them. But what is the connection to this particular incident?

koruji:

The information you claim the US/UK provided on this is yet to be made public.  We don't even know what, if anything was made known to our government. However, we do know some facts and that is our government was informed of this attack days before but somehow offers up excuses as to why it did not alert the people or even attempt to find the bombs before the d-day.
Right now, the governments stories has so many more holes in it that it behooves us to push for more truth from that end.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2010
Well the logicians here can argue what they like but it has to be said that Okah does have the motive, the opportunity and the lack of integrity to mastermind the Abuja bomb blast
Motive. Cash on the barrel from politically ambitious elements and the personal desire to wreak vengeance on Federal security officers
Opporunity. The independence ceremonies would avail him of the opportunity to cause embarassment and bad publicity to his foes in Aso Rock
Lack of integrity. His bloody antecedents as a militant show that he has no compunction of shedding innocent blood for political ends
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2010
koruji:

@Kobojunkie
I do not speak for anyone else. And between you, Evil Brain and me you two are the only ones choosing the side of someone whose known job is gun-running.
His statements contained inconsistencies, just like those emanating from the presidency - but you took it on yourself to defend his inconsistencies. And yes, the presidency called on him to name whoever called him. And, no they did not call him on the phone - they called on him same way he has been releasing all these statements that you hang on to - through the press.
You know what  . . . if putting me on one side is what you must do . . . . go right ahead. . . I really am not going to get into this with you anymore. I have already stated what I see from where I sit on this and if that is too hard for you to grasp, it's understandable!

I do want to know what the inconsistencies you continue to mention as that is part of why I love to debate cases?  And please do not repeat the same old rubbish arguments that many of those who failed to read and assimilate the interview messages continue to repeat.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Igwe9(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2010
I see, some persons' duty as members of the anti-Gej administration is somewhat eating the better part of them.
Hope the remuneration is worth the stress?
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2010
You have the nerves to point fingers at folks on here. The same YOU were up in arms only some months ago, calling for the PDP party to be ousted. Today you are unashamedly flying the PDP flag with not even a second thought and you think you are in the right position to put others down for not supporting the person you do?
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
Igwe.:

I see, some persons' duty as members of the anti-Gej administration is somewhat eating the better part of them.
Hope the remuneration is what the stress?

Why do Nairalanders always feel the need to insult each other? Must everybody who holds a contrary opinion always be corrupt or stup!d? Honestly, you guys are starting to sound like the Korean communist party.

Our president is saying things that don't make any sense. We have the right to ask why. And we have the right to put those questions to a public forum. The government has a long and proud history of not catching people who commit all kinds of violent acts. They've bungled countless cases in the past and they are trying their best to bungle this one. Every Nigerian has a vested interest in making sure the October 1st bombers are caught. If Henry Okah is innocent, then the real killers will escape to kill again.

Plus the government cannot just come out and accuse somebody of such a heinous crime without any plausible evidence. It would be just as easy for them to blame <insert your favourite politician's name here>. People are saying IBB paid Okah to do it but they might as well say Barack Obama paid Tupac. It makes just as little sense without proof.

All of you who are blindly swallowing the government's half baked theories should remember this: You (or your mother or your child) could be the one standing nearby when the next bomb goes off. If you had any sense at all you'd be asking questions too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, Not Dantata - Thisday / Fulani Herdsmen Caught On Camera Sharing AK 47 And Ammunition In The Bush(video) / Disconnection Of Telecom Services Has Reduced Banditry In Katsina: Masari: VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.