Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers (8632 Views)

Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) / APC Members They Speaks With Bitterness,venom And Angers. President Jonathan / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by onyeokwu: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2010
ijaw with their wahala when ask why they hate igbos they will boldly tell that they hate igobs becoz an igbo man will sale his mother for money
but now who is selling who ijaw selling ijaw to hausa again as they sold and betrayed their igbo brother during biafran war
none sence people

i sit down dey look
episode 2010
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:
You know what  . . . if putting me on one side is what you must do . . . . go right ahead. . . I really am not going to get into this with you anymore. I have already stated what I see from where I sit on this and if that is too hard for you to grasp, it's understandable!
Well, that is the way your defense of Okah sounds to me. Sorry, if don't like it, but you have no choice on how I see what you say. It is understandable if you don't see it that way. No need to cal me names. Agreed?  grin grin grin

I do want to know what the inconsistencies you continue to mention as that is part of why I love to debate cases?  And please do not repeat the same old rubbish arguments that many of those who failed to read and assimilate the interview messages continue to repeat.
He said GEJ's aid told him to pin the bombing on northerners, but he did not provide us with a name: Inconsistency - Do you think someone who would say the foregoing would hold back on the name, time and place, especially if he could use it to get out of jail as in this case?

He also claimed he has a text message: Inconsistency - When reminded he would not a cell phone under lock and key, he said the text was saved to another cellphone - does that not sound ridiculous to you? It does to me, though it is possible, it remains an inconsistency. Since he claimed SA is a civilized country, all he has to do is have his lawyer enter the text message into evidence. Also, when his phone was seized better believe that everything on was downloaded as evidence. So, I say let's all wait until everything comes out, instead of taking one side or the other - knowing that there are inconsistencies on all sides at this point.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by agabaI23(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please read . . .There was a phone call AS WELL AS a text message from the official. There is no denial of a phone call from the said aide.

Are you certain of the portion in bold? Okah is being held somewhere, how did this message get to him in South Africa? By Email? Phone call? What media? Please inform us so we are updated on this . .

How did he get the information that the presidency was trying to discredit his interview with Al-Jazeera that prompted his calling NEXT?
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Vavavoom(m): 12:06am On Oct 10, 2010
* Vavavoom shakes head and wonders why folks spend their time holding brief for charlatans they hardly know*
Perhaps NL has been infiltrated by moles from either divide, may be, just may be. Sighs.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by frankkie: 12:21am On Oct 10, 2010
Dear Sir,

I am surprised that Nigerians have not realised that Mr. Okah is a big part of the Independence Day Bomb Blast puzzle.

The issues seem very clear to me. The chain of events immediately after the blast indicate a high level conspiracy on the part of a group of people to destabilise the President by any means necessary.

First, why would a Government aide call Okah in South Africa and not any of the other MEND leaders in Nigeria to retract their statement? Afterall Okah denies any involvement in the blast.

Why did Okah grant the interview to Aljazeera except he was being paid to whip up Anti-Jonathan sentiments in the North? Why did the 'Northern elders' pretend to capitalise on that to ask for the President's resignation? Why have some of these people now gone to court to compel the National Assembly to commence impeachment proceedings against the President?

You can see that Okah and his paymasters are just acting out a script. Nigerians should not be fooled. We all know that under all the past presidents in Nigeria no one has ever been asked to resign over such a tragic incident. Recall Boko Haram, Jos killings etc.

I wonder if Henry Okah would be ready to take a lie detector test? He can then tell us who actually carried out the blast!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by bkbabe97y(m): 2:38am On Oct 10, 2010
Clearly, from their intricate knowledge of the workings of the prison systems, Faeb and TewMuch done did time in the joint at one point in they lives. lol
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by fxmaxony(m): 6:31am On Oct 10, 2010
It is the IBB Henry Okah That has been speaking to Aljazeera and Next.

The next thing you will hear that when they contacted his Girl friend who called him in SA prison, that Okah Claimed he will strike again.

Only in naija we believe every trash.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by fxmaxony(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2010
The more IBB supporters plots and argue this mess, the more he looses his Bid to rule Nigeria again.

I pity him.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by papaejima2: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2010
Until Okah names the purported aide of the President who called him or shows the text message, his story should not be taken as true. Come to think of it, why would the aide send such a text message to him after discussing with him? And why is Okah hiding the identity of the aide?

However, I think that the President's handling of the bomb blast is very disappointing. He shouldn't have rushed out with that irresponsible comment exonerating MEND and trying to link the incident to IBB. The bomb blast had a similar pattern to the one in Delta State some months back which was also after the amnesty. Was that also done by IBB or Dokpesi? The President is the one that politicized the bomb blast so he should bear the consequences. I thought that the man was very intelligent.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by jesuspikin(m): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2010
@all
       i want you guys to consider these facts about this individuals
IBB, the infamous general who led a military kabash against his moslem brother who was on a hajj trip to mecca
       he came on the scene and evil start rolling in the land,the dele giwa letter bomb saga,, so many other evil    
       events to mention but a few.
       and finally the annulment of the June 12th election as a PERSONAL payback to abiola against the will of the people

ODILI, the doctor turned man butcher who begged his way to rivers government house
          the man who desired praise more than the leadership the people desired
          the man who murdered those he begged to get to the government house,marshal harry and a.k dikibo
          the man who who set rivers state on fire of cultism to keep the youths busy and use them as instrument of        enemies elimination
           the man who desired the presidency at the cost of rivers peoples money and his close associates

OOOOHHH! what a homosexual political marriage made in hell ordain by the devil himself.it spills doom and abomination,wasting and destruction.this land will never remain the same if they succeed
how can we forget so soon these peer,who can do any thing to get to power.they av'e just come on the scene and bombs has just started flying everywhere,what a rare case of coincidence

consider GEJ brought to power by the very hand of providence,who never asked for it but was giving by God himself,whose history there is no stain or blemish of which if there is any prove me otherwise.

i call on on true Nigerians to wake up from their slumber and resist this carnage against a man choosing by God to take us to the promise land because this is a clear case of trying to 'give a dog a bad name so that it can be hanged'.THE NIPHILIMS ARE HERE BE WISE 9JERIANS.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 10, 2010
Mr. Okah’s South African lawyer, Piet Dupleiss, in a telephone conversation with NEXT, said that his client could receive calls whilst in custody, but that he could not make calls from within the cell.

“Mr. Okah does not have access to his personal phone,” he said. “However, with permission he can receive calls on the official prison phone.”

During a call to Mrs Okah in South Africa on Friday, she asked to get clearance from her husband and call back. She did, and fielded questions.

Later, a man claiming to be Mr Okah called and spoke with us. Excerpts:

Phone-calls from detention

This is a civilised country where phone calls are not a special privilege. I can make calls anytime I want to. I am aware of efforts by the federal government to debunk my phone conversation with Al-Jazeera as a hoax, trying to make it seem like the call to Al-Jazeera was not real. To dispel this, I am going to talk to the BBC and CNN.

Claim that the federal officials asked him to implicate the north

Yes, let me confirm to you that government officials, who I will not name now, called me and made the appeal. I also have a text message which reads:

“Please, reach out to MEND and ask them to retract the statement and the government will blame the Northern elements.”

Status of the text after his phone was seized by prosecutors

I have saved the message on another phone. Shortly after I got the text message, Dopkesi (IBB’s campaign manager) was arrested. I will not release the message now because if I do, the next thing they will say is that someone/IBB has paid him to do this. As they continue to sour my name the more, I will release the message. I am also in no hurry to release this message yet, because we are fighting the system, not Jonathan. So I don’t want it to be seen as if I am giving an undue advantage to anybody. I will release everything I have and leave the public to judge.

The officials that sent the text

I cannot tell that now. I understand the sensitivity of the whole drama and I will definitely play my cards right when the time comes I will reveal them.

Being described as a terrorist I am a sympathiser and not a terrorist. Let me tell you now that those thugs assembled in Abuja have no control in creeks. Only Boyloaf and Farah Jack are the real MEND members amongst those paraded on Tuesday. Let them know that there are still weapons and people in the creeks still willing to fight. For every 1,000 weapons in the creeks, there are 1001 people willing to fight.

His charge by the South African government

They searched my house and found nothing. Yet government said I sent warning emails and everybody knows that emails can easily be tracked.

Now he can only receive calls, but not make calls, so who called next ?, who called Aljazeera , I just can't imagine some folks trying to believe this drowning man, The government may have bungled its initial response and reaction, but this guy keeps on bungling his claims.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2010
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by citizenisb: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2010
There is a report which says the average IQ of Nigerians is 65(mental retardation is below 70).

This is true because if a rogue that supplied guns to Ijaw/Itsekiri and niger delta conflagaration and is obviously broke with the end of militancy in the Delta is offered 100 million dollars from a desperate politician who foolishly absented himself as a former head of state and gives a foolish reason that the programme was extravagant(4 days later) to give as excuse for not coming.

- We believe his words and claim Goodluck is partisan and tribalistic. Nigerians are truly dumb, for Mussolini, Hitler or stalin to come back in their democracies to contest will not have been considered in those countries but in our motherland, He is not just a contestant but a frontrunner.

SHAME ON YOU NIGERIANS, YOU ARE ALL COWARDS, AND HUNGRY ONES AT IT.

IBB AND OKAH ARE ALMOST BEING TURNED HEROES AS YOU BELIEVE THE WORDS OF HUNGRY,BRIBED JOURNALISTS STOKING YOUR RETARDED EMOTIONS. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIANS, CAN'T THEY THINK?

A COUNTRY DESERVES THE LEADERSHIP IT GETS
NIGERIA- THE COUNTRY OF RETARDS.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by truly: 11:55am On Oct 10, 2010
citizenisb:

There is a report which says the average IQ of Nigerians is 65(mental retardation is below 70).

IBB AND OKAH ARE ALMOST BEING TURNED HEROES AS YOU BELIEVE THE WORDS OF HUNGRY,BRIBED JOURNALISTS STOKING YOUR RETARDED EMOTIONS. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIANS, CAN'T THEY THINK?

A COUNTRY DESERVES THE LEADERSHIP IT GETS
NIGERIA- THE COUNTRY OF RETARDS

Nobody has brought evidence against IBB and Dokpesi
But the presidency has been cooking up fake text messages and even exploiting a tragedy for political ends
and I should believe that IBB/Dokpesi did it while holding the FG up as the saint?
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by truly: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2010
frankkie:

Dear Sir,

I am surprised that Nigerians have not realised that Mr. Okah is a big part of the Independence Day Bomb Blast puzzle.

The issues seem very clear to me. The chain of events immediately after the blast indicate a high level conspiracy on the part of a group of people to destabilise the President by any means necessary.

First, why would a Government aide call Okah in South Africa and not any of the other MEND leaders in Nigeria to retract their statement? Afterall Okah denies any involvement in the blast.

Why did Okah grant the interview to Aljazeera except he was being paid to whip up Anti-Jonathan sentiments in the North? Why did the 'Northern elders' pretend to capitalise on that to ask for the President's resignation? Why have some of these people now gone to court to compel the National Assembly to commence impeachment proceedings against the President?

You can see that Okah and his paymasters are just acting out a script. Nigerians should not be fooled. We all know that under all the past presidents in Nigeria no one has ever been asked to resign over such a tragic incident. Recall Boko Haram, Jos killings etc.

I wonder if Henry Okah would be ready to take a lie detector test? He can then tell us who actually carried out the blast!

Can GEJ group take lie detector test?

FRIDAY MORNING - MEND sent emails to warn of impending attacks
FRIDAY MORNING - Bombs went off
SATURDAY EVENING - President says MEND was just used as a straw and that MEND is not a terrorist organisation
SATURDAY NIGHT - MEND claims responsibility for bombing and apologises for deaths
MONDAY MORNING - Dokpesi arrested
MONDAY MORNING - Okah charged to court
MONDAY EVENING - NTA airs text messages linking Dokpesi to bombing. Most people agree those text messages are fake

From the above, who started this conspiracy or who politicised the issue

Politicians always ask their opponents to resign all the time

AC to Obj on Oyo crisis
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2006121212143346

Ac to Yaradua on Ekiti rerun crisis
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20090430627881
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2010
truly:

Can GEJ group take lie detector test?

The lie detector machine go catch fire !!!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by ayinba1(f): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2010
@Babasoty

There is something called 3 way calling-

Okay, just a possibility if Okah really could not make the call.

Okah's man places a call to Okah, put's him on hold, then calls Al- jazeerah and links them up. I was not there and I am not saying that this is what happened but it could very well easily have been.

Here in the US, we watch documentaries of prisoners speaking on the phone ALL THE TIME.

So let us stop flagging this phone call while in prison as it is a non issue.

Secondly, some keep asking how he received text messages while in Prison. The fact that you are a prisoner does not make your cell phone to be cut off from the Network carrier that you subscribe to.

SO yes, it is possible to receive text messages on your phone WHILE YOU ARE IN PRISON ( even DEAD for that matter). All you need is to read it once you have access to the phone ORRRRRR Have your wife read your MISSED CALLS and TEXT MESSAGES to you once you talk to your wife.

To discount the above, the discounter would have to prove that they have been in possession of OKAH's phone from the first time that he was arrested and NO ONE updated him on the calls and texts he had waiting on the phone.

Please, I welcome your very intelligent arguments!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by stiyke(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2010
Reading through all your posts prove that "A PEOPLE DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERS THEY GET". Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get. Surprising most ppl on this thread choose the words of a know Gun runner and outlaw over that of an elected leader (even though the election is flawed). At least give your president and CinC the benefit of doubt till he prove himself. No one challanged George Bush while in office that the reasons for invading Iraq was negative. They all stood by him even when there was rumour there were no smoking guns in Iraq! So you ppl now choose Henry Okah over your president. Dont be surprised some one like Henry Okah rule you ppl come 2011.

Over sabi charlatans!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2010
@ayinba1
Even you must admit there are so many links what you suggested below that are unlikely to be connected for someone sitting in a prison in SA. 3-way calling and reading text messages to someone in prison are unlikely to be that easy to arrange. Plus, anytime Okah talks to anybody they get pulled into his web of suspects, so except for family and media people would be wary to get involved. He also promised to speak with BBC & CNN. We are still waiting.

ayinba1:

@Babasoty
There is something called 3 way calling-
Okay, just a possibility if Okah really could not make the call.
Okah's man places a call to Okah, put's him on hold, then calls Al- jazeerah and links them up. I was not there and I am not saying that this is what happened but it could very well easily have been.
Here in the US, we watch documentaries of prisoners speaking on the phone ALL THE TIME.
So let us stop flagging this phone call while in prison as it is a non issue.
Secondly, some keep asking how he received text messages while in Prison. The fact that you are a prisoner does not make your cell phone to be cut off from the Network carrier that you subscribe to.
SO yes, it is possible to receive text messages on your phone WHILE YOU ARE IN PRISON ( even DEAD for that matter). All you need is to read it once you have access to the phone ORRRRRR Have your wife read your MISSED CALLS and TEXT MESSAGES to you once you talk to your wife.
To discount the above, the discounter would have to prove that they have been in possession of OKAH's phone from the first time that he was arrested and NO ONE updated him on the calls and texts he had waiting on the phone.
Please, I welcome your very intelligent arguments!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by payan(m): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2010
kobojunkie. the link u gave as a proof of your stand, is very clear about the issue at hand.
here is how it starts

Q: Why should we lower the rates? If people in prison don’t want expensive calls, they should not break the law.

A: People in prison do not pay for the collect calls. That burden falls to the loved ones who have not been convicted of committing a crime. The rates amount to an unfair, backdoor tax on these families.

use ur analytical reasoning. Does that sugest to you that  the people in prison use their phones in prison? which rates is the org trying to low?

think and rethink. Henry okah is never allowed in to the prison with his phone.

all those fake phone interview will soon be exposed. Just watch out.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by tatanian: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2010
MEND u should first fight Niger Delta elders then get to the govt. else u will still be that TERRORIST the national and international speak about, and fight kidnappings among urself first
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by tatanian: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2010
ijaw or what soever if u r group or tribe u have to stand for ur right but biafra terrorism is an act of greedy if those Igbos (nigerian scamers) code # 419 win the war will gonnna kill ijaws all I think yoruba did betray igbos as well huh? 65% of thieves in nigeria are igbos and first coup was done by the these guy the first bloody coup in the nigeria they r the reason for the nigerian wwI, they go round Europe selling drugs and committing crimes,
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2010
koruji:

He said GEJ's aid told him to pin the bombing on northerners, but he did not provide us with a name: Inconsistency - Do you think someone who would say the foregoing would hold back on the name, time and place, especially if he could use it to get out of jail as in this case?

Going by the dictionary meaning of the word, we have
in•con•sis•tent   ( n k n-s s t nt)
adj.
1. Displaying or marked by a lack of consistency, especially:
a. Not regular or predictable; erratic: inconsistent behavior.
b. Lacking in correct logical relation; contradictory: inconsistent statements.
c. Not in agreement or harmony; incompatible: an intersection inconsistent with the road map.

Excerpt from original Aljazeera interview
Henry Okah: On Saturday morning, just a day after the attack, a very close associate of President Jonathan called me and explained to me that there had been a bombing in Nigeria and that President Jonathan wanted me to reach out to the group, Mend, and get them to retract the earlier statement they had issued claiming the attacks.

They wanted to blame the attacks on northerners who are trying to fight against him [Jonathan] to come back as president and if this was done, I was not going to have any problems with the South African government. I declined to do this and few hours later I was arrested. It was based on their belief that I was going to do that that President Jonathan issued a statement claiming that MEND didn't carry out the attack because they were expecting a kind of retraction from the group

Aljazeera: So just to be clear, why do you think that political aide was asking you to ask MEND to make that retraction? What was the reason for that?

Henry Okah: They don't want it to seem as if Jonathan does not have the support of his people, you understand? For months now they have been lying to everybody that everybody is so pleased with Jonathan, that he is going to bring peace to the region which is entirely false.

This attack now was actually going to be a great smear on his aspiration. They just needed the group to retract that statement which was why I was contacted. But I declined to make any such move.
Okah's second interview with NEXT

He reaffirmed the accusation made in the Al-Jazeera interview[b] that an official of the presidency did ask to him to exonerate MEND on the Abuja bombings and blame northerners, but refused to divulge the identity of the official. He did however say he saved a text message from the official. He read the purported text message out: "Please reach-out to MEND and ask them to re-tract the statement and the government will blame the Northern elements."[/b]

NEXT asked if his phones were not seized by the South African authorities, and he responded that "I have saved the message on another phone. Shortly after I got the text message, Dopkesi (IBB's campaign manager) was arrested. I will not release the message now because if I do, the next thing they will say is that someone/IBB has paid him to do this. As they continue to sour my name the more, I will release the message."

When asked if he had a hand in the bombings in Abuja, he replied in the negative.

For detailed interview, news and analysis on Abuja bombing, MEND and the Niger Delta get a copy of NEXT on Sunday.

Now, if you will be kind enough to take time to read the pieces above and compare both with what you had in your first statement there, you will probably see how grossly mistaken you are there in yours. If anything, your claim is INCONSISTENT with what the man has been quoted to have said to both media houses. And comparing the two, you will probably note so far, he has maintained his story.

Choosing to withhold the name of the aide is NOT INCONSISTENT since . . . . I don't even know how to go about explaining that one to you.

koruji:

He also claimed he has a text message: Inconsistency - When reminded he would not a cell phone under lock and key, he said the text was saved to another cellphone - does that not sound ridiculous to you? It does to me, though it is possible, it remains an inconsistency. Since he claimed SA is a civilized country, all he has to do is have his lawyer enter the text message into evidence. Also, when his phone was seized better believe that everything on was downloaded as evidence. So, I say let's all wait until everything comes out, instead of taking one side or the other - knowing that there are inconsistencies on all sides at this point.
I am more than convinced at this time that you did not even bother to read the actual interview transcript but like so many others on here do, take the word or another misinformed individual as fact, and then run with it. 

Again, from NEXT interview

NEXT asked if his phones were not seized by the South African authorities, and he responded: “I have saved the message on another phone. Shortly after I got the text message, Dopkesi (IBB’s campaign manager) was arrested. I will not release the message now because if I do, the next thing they will say is that someone/IBB has paid him to do this. As they continue to sour my name the more, I will release the message.”

When asked if he was directly or remotely involved in the bombings in Abuja, he replied in the negative.

For detailed interview, news, and analysis on Abuja bombing, MEND, and the Niger Delta, get a copy of NEXT on Sunday.

Please stick to what is known -- we need to stop making things up as if we NEED this man, who by the way is still a suspect, to be GUILTY for this crime.
As far as I am concerned, I would rather we learn the real truth than get another cover up at the end of the day, while some innocent characters somewhere take the fall for this. I know this is the usual in Nigeria but I hope and believe we are mature enough at this stage to demand justice be served and the truth be made known to all.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2010
payan:

kobojunkie. the link u gave as a proof of your stand, is very clear about the issue at hand.
here is how it starts

Q: Why should we lower the rates? If people in prison don’t want expensive calls, they should not break the law.

A: People in prison do not pay for the collect calls. That burden falls to the loved ones who have not been convicted of committing a crime. The rates amount to an unfair, backdoor tax on these families.

use your analytical reasoning. Does that sugest to you that  the people in prison use their phones in prison? which rates is the org trying to low?

think and rethink. Henry okah is never allowed in to the prison with his phone.

all those fake phone interview will soon be exposed. Just watch out.

I am sorry but I fail to see the reasoning in your post above. The point is PRISONERS CAN MAKE CALLS. They may not have the phone right their in their cells, but YES, PRISONERS ARE ALLOWED some Number of phone calls each day, even if it is calling collect.

In this case, the man NEVER stated the phone was in his cell . . . even his lawyer tells you this to help you get a better picture of what life in prison(SA) is, if you have never been to and know of what life is like in prisons.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2010

Mr. Okah’s South African lawyer, Piet Dupleiss, in a telephone conversation with NEXT, said that his client could receive calls whilst in custody,[size=14pt] but that he could not make calls from within the cell.[/size]

“Mr. Okah does not have access to his personal phone,” he said. “However, with permission he can receive calls on the official prison phone.”

During a call to Mrs Okah in South Africa on Friday, she asked to get clearance from her husband and call back. She did, and fielded questions.

Later, a man claiming to be Mr Okah called and spoke with us. Excerpts:

Phone-calls from detention

This is a civilised country where phone calls are not a special privilege. I can make calls anytime I want to. I am aware of efforts by the federal government to debunk my phone conversation with Al-Jazeera as a hoax, trying to make it seem like the call to Al-Jazeera was not real. To dispel this, I am going to talk to the BBC and CNN.

Claim that the federal officials asked him to implicate the north

Yes, let me confirm to you that government officials, who I will not name now, called me and made the appeal. I also have a text message which reads:

“Please, reach out to MEND and ask them to retract the statement and the government will blame the Northern elements.”

Status of the text after his phone was seized by prosecutors

I have saved the message on another phone. Shortly after I got the text message, Dopkesi (IBB’s campaign manager) was arrested. I will not release the message now because if I do, the next thing they will say is that someone/IBB has paid him to do this. As they continue to sour my name the more, I will release the message. I am also in no hurry to release this message yet, because we are fighting the system, not Jonathan. So I don’t want it to be seen as if I am giving an undue advantage to anybody. I will release everything I have and leave the public to judge.

The officials that sent the text

I cannot tell that now. I understand the sensitivity of the whole drama and I will definitely play my cards right when the time comes I will reveal them.

Being described as a terrorist I am a sympathiser and not a terrorist. Let me tell you now that those thugs assembled in Abuja have no control in creeks. Only Boyloaf and Farah Jack are the real MEND members amongst those paraded on Tuesday. Let them know that there are still weapons and people in the creeks still willing to fight. For every 1,000 weapons in the creeks, there are 1001 people willing to fight.

His charge by the South African government

They searched my house and found nothing. Yet government said I sent warning emails and everybody knows that emails can easily be tracked.

So, that the man cannot make calls from [size=14pt]WITHIN HIS CELL[/size], means he cannot MAKE calls at all from the Prison? How can anyone with a brain come to that conclusion? The LAWYER is right! he cannot make calls from within his cell. Prisoners do not normally have phones right in their cells with them, there is usually a phone area for all prisoners to go to make calls. GOSH!!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by rashylous(m): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2010
*BG Available for Lease*

*Procedure for BG leasing between #1B - #49B*

INSTRUMENT DESCRIPTION

*Instrument* NIGERIAN BANK GUARANTEE

*AMOUNT*:

*Tenure* 365 days

*LTV* 25+5

*Asset* Cashbacked

*PAYMENT*: Bank Transfer

*BANKING OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE*

1) The receiver issue LOI addressed to provider stating purpose of the BG

2) The Provider sends DOA across.

3) Receiver signs and returns DOA with certificate of company registration.

4. RECEIVER ISSUE *TWO(2) SEPARATE 3% FUND RESERVATION LETTERS AND RECEIVERS ACCOUNT OFFICER TRANSMIT VIA ACCOUNT OFFICER TO PROVIDERS NOMINATED ACCOUNT OFFICERS BANK TO BANK SECURED EMAIL*

5) The issuers bank confirms the *FRLs* thereafter issues BG of the face value (N6B) within 5 banking days.

6. RECEIVERS BANK RECEIVES THE ₦6B BG SOFT COPY

7. *WITHIN 24HOURS THE RECEIVERS BANK TRANSFERS THE 3% AMOUNT TO PROVIDERS ACCOUNTS*

8. Receiver shall send *The 27% Hard Copy of Post Dated cheques across via courier services To Providers Address*

9) The providers bank send the Hard Copy to receivers bank.

10). RECEIVER SHALL WITHIN 15 BANKING DAYS, MAKE PAYMENT OF FINAL LTV BALANCE TO PROVIDER and all CONSULTANTS.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2010
agabaI23:

How did he get the information that the presidency was trying to discredit his interview with Al-Jazeera that prompted his calling NEXT?

But  . . . I . . . . What sort of world do you think we live in today? Are you asking because somehow you believe that people in Prisons do not have access to information of any kind? Are you asking because There is no way the man's wife can, maybe call him and give him updates on what is going on? Are you asking because There is NO INTERNET in all Prisons? Are you asking because Lawyers cannot update their clients of what is going on ? I don't get the question.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by juman(m): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
Jonathan does not have the understanding, the thinking capacity and the complexity to lead this complex and complicated nation. The Niger Deltans should bring someone else. The best of them. Or is it that Jonathan is the best person for the presidential job from Niger Delta? If it is yes, let give it other zone probably south east.
I fear and pray that there should not be anarchy during his four years as president.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Igwe9(m): 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2010
Evil Brain:

Why do Nairalanders always feel the need to insult each other? Must everybody who holds a contrary opinion always be corrupt or stup!d? Honestly, you guys are starting to sound like the Korean communist party.

Our president is saying things that don't make any sense. We have the right to ask why. And we have the right to put those questions to a public forum. The government has a long and proud history of not catching people who commit all kinds of violent acts. They've bungled countless cases in the past and they are trying their best to bungle this one. Every Nigerian has a vested interest in making sure the October 1st bombers are caught. If Henry Okah is innocent, then the real killers will escape to kill again.

Plus the government cannot just come out and accuse somebody of such a heinous crime without any plausible evidence. It would be just as easy for them to blame <insert your favourite politician's name here>. People are saying IBB paid Okah to do it but they might as well say Barack Obama paid Tupac. It makes just as little sense without proof.

All of you who are blindly swallowing the government's half baked theories should remember this: You (or your mother or your child) could be the one standing nearby when the next bomb goes off. If you had any sense at all you'd be asking questions too.
and you think that something good can come out of an Evil Brain? Nope!

so . . . . . . . . PASS!
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Abagworo(m): 7:48pm On Oct 10, 2010
Evil Brain:

Why do Nairalanders always feel the need to insult each other? Must everybody who holds a contrary opinion always be corrupt or stup!d? Honestly, you guys are starting to sound like the Korean communist party.

Our president is saying things that don't make any sense. We have the right to ask why. And we have the right to put those questions to a public forum. The government has a long and proud history of not catching people who commit all. kinds of violent acts. They've bungled countless cases in the past and they are trying their best to bungle this one. Every Nigerian has a vested interest in making sure the October 1st bombers are caught. If Henry Okah is innocent, then the real killers will escape to kill again.

Plus the government cannot just come out and accuse somebody of such a heinous crime without any plausible evidence. It would be just as easy for them to blame <insert your favourite politician's name here>. People are saying IBB paid Okah to do it but they might as well say Barack Obama paid Tupac. It makes just as little sense without proof.

All of you who are blindly swallowing the government's half baked theories should remember this: You (or your mother or your child) could be the one standing nearby when the next bomb goes off. If you had any sense at all you'd be asking questions too.

True talk.Government should negotiate with MEND and stop denying their existence.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by onyeokwu: 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2010
juman:

Jonathan does not have the understanding, the thinking capacity and the complexity to lead this complex and complicated nation. The Niger Deltans should bring someone else. The best of them. Or is it that Jonathan is the best person for the presidential job from Niger Delta? If it is yes, let give it other zone probably south east.
I fear and pray that there should not be anarchy during his four years as president. 

good man
but no good thing can come out ijaws blood thirsty people they should present a credible candidate from other part of ss beside they re not the only nd people efik and ibibios are also part of niger delta
ijaw problem to this nation is getting much when it happen is the igbos that will bear the pain coz allamagiris in the north consider them as iyamiri
grin grin grin grin
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 10, 2010
I DON'T SEE WHY WE KEEP ARGUING THIS ISSUE OVER ND OVER AGAIN. ALL THIS IS RUBBISH. BY MONTH'S END, NO ONE WILL TALK ABOUT THIS MATTER ANYMORE. IT'LL BE SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET. MARK MY WORDS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go / MASSOB Disowns Uwazuruike For Supporting One Nigeria / "No Diaspora IDP Voting In 2019 General Elections." - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.