Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers (8633 Views)

Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) / APC Members They Speaks With Bitterness,venom And Angers. President Jonathan / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Abagworo(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2010
koruji:

I would advise we all to hold judgement over this for a little longer.

There was a faction of MEND, a significant faction, that accepted the amnesty - GEJ probably considers these ones the true MEND. We all remember that Yar'adua's last war in the creeks was against Tompolo or whatever his name. It was after that battle that the amnesty program began to be implemented - which eventually led to Okah's release. Tompolo accepted the amnesty and has come out to say they were not responsible for the bombings.

There was a faction of MEND that destroyed or nearly destroyed GEJ's home in Balyesa during the elections. It is likely the same faction that bombed the reconciliation meeting by the region's governors earlier this year. Once Okah got out of jail he made clear that he was not accepting the amnesty. During the recent incident he has claimed that there are thousands of fighters still in the creeks, with even more sophisticated weapons than before the amnesty. It this is true it means that Okah has gone back to his gun-running business.

Thus, the only thing that seems clear is that there are many political and MEND factions in Bayelsa, and they are playing their deadly state politics out on the national scene. Unfortunately, their individual ambition is playing into the hands of the devil himself, who is actively encouraging it - that is the only reason he chose Dokpesi to be his campaign chair. Yesterday, Dokpesi accepted that some of those held over the bombings sent him text messages over balances to be paid them - but it was about a campaign office, not the bombing. In the same press conference he also accused GEJ of refusing to pay him N6 billion balance from the Under-17 championships coverage - and that the initial sum has risen to N19 billion . Is this all about money afterall?

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/25432/1/Amnesty-YarAdua-in-secret-talks-with-Soyinka-Okah-others/Page1.html

http://nigerdeltasolidarity./2009/09/13/open-letter-to-president-umaru-musa-yar%E2%80%99adua-on-the-niger-delta-by-tompolo/

Published 11/22/2009 5:03:00 AM
FG, Aaron team meeting: Ijaw community tackles Tompolo over comment
Friday Olokor

The Izon Community in Lagos has criticised Mr Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, over his comments where he dissociated himself from the recent meeting between President Musa Yar‘Adua and the Aaron team.

The group, in a statement on Saturday said Tompolo‘s comment suggested lack of peace among the Ijaw nation.

President of the group, Mr Regent Youmor, who warned that “a house divided against itself cannot stand” said the recent meeting between the President and the Aaron team of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta confirmed the earlier promise by the Federal Government to dialogue with any person or group of persons towards restoring peace and development to the Niger Delta region.

He called on all people of goodwill to prevail on the various negotiating teams on behalf of the Ijaw nation with the FG to harmonise their positions in the interest of peace in the Niger Delta.

According to him, the reported comments by MEND‘s former top commander, Tompolo, dissociating his group from the Aaron team calls for serious concern.

He said, ”The ijaw nation is proud of Tompolo and all freedom fighters. Even Delta sate Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan told the world that Tompolo had never requested any personal favour from him, but wants the development of Niger Delta in general. That‘s great!

”On the Aaron team, everyone acknowledges Henry Okah as MEND‘s leader even while in detention; Mr. President in his wisdom did not ignore him. MENDs negotiation team as composed is headed by Admiral Mike Akhigbe a former No. 2 citizen of Nigeria and an indigene of Edo State in the Niger Delta.”
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by justdtruth: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2010
I have learnt something particularly about Nigerians, and believe me, that is the bane of our nation.
Typical Nigerians
Whatever we like, must be good and whatever we do not like, must be bad
Our opinion is the right one and any one that is in the contrary must be wrong
Our close associates are always correct while strangers would always have to be wrong
There is always a tribal divide – my tribe is the best while others are bad
Along social status – a rich man can not be right to a poor man and vice versa
And not to forget the gender issues – men support men while women support women
And not forgetting the split between the old and the new school – all those babas don’t know anything
I know the list is not complete if I have not mentioned the religious divide – we never do bad, we never go wrong
We also do it to God, if I am prosperous, then God loves me and if otherwise? Then maybe he hasn’t received the message
We just always want to have any argument in our favour
One wonders why we can not always treat issues based on the MERITS, the FACTS, the FIGURES, the EVIDENCES and the VERIFICATIONS

We would all shout against jungle justice but justify it if we want the victim buried
Common guys, we should rise above this and insist that justice must be done at all times.
For us to have progress, there must be peace, for us to have peace, there must be justice, for us to have justice, there must be equity

I believe this is not too much to ask
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by dextype: 11:30am On Oct 12, 2010
How can someone who can kidnap, ask for ransom and even kill not have the capacity to tell a good lie? smiley
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by xoxogg(f): 10:28am On Oct 14, 2010
Bottom line of it all, PDP members should not be trusted, GEJ, IBB, Atiku, OBJ. Look hw they'v politicized the killings of Nigerians.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2010
xoxo, :

Bottom line of it all, PDP members should not be trusted, GEJ, IBB, Atiku, OBJ. Look hw they'v politicized the killings of Nigerians.

I am with you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagosians: Tell Us Who You Are Voting For As President / Group Decries Poor Road Infrastructure In Calabar Town And Other Areas (video) / Cross River Acting CJ Withdraws 29 Protesting Magistrates From Sitting In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.