Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud (21282 Views)

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Merrybells(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2010
Lord be Merciful ! !! !!

Come to think of it, this country is in a deep financial/wealth misappropriation.
If an MD of a bank because of her privileged position to depositors and shareholders hard earn monies could help herself to such wealth as listed on the Madam's assets sheets, only God can tell of politicians like Councilors, Legislators, Governors, e.t.c who are occupying privileged positions to access our commonwealth unbridled?

Lord have mercy! !! !!!

This country really needs a surgical blade cry
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by ijcurt(f): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2010
menn see properties!!! na wah o!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by ud4u: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2010
:-x :-x :-x
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by William108(m): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2010
Nna men
Nwanyi a wu EZIGBO ONYE OSHI kpa shocked shocked shocked! Just settle me FOR LIFE with the property at Banana island or the 12 storey at Ozumba Mbadiwe water front wink grin tongue.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by oludashmi(f): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2010
This so called 6 months fake conviction is going to be just a house arrest not prison like others. Let them show her to us in her white-white prison cloth if it is true.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by oluite(f): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2010
6 months shocked
which vault is d 150 billion?wont be suprised if it disappears too!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by orangemen: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2010
another stupid verdict. which lawbook or constitution is nigeria using? public office holders steal billions and go in for 6 months in luxury apartments called jails while poor men in the streets steal a cube of maggi and go in for live imprisonment.
is this the way forward to nigeria or is this a way to discourage this public criminals?
all these properties mentioned here cannot represent half of her investments.
soon criminals like bode george will come out gto enjoy his wealth and u tell us not to find our ways to stealing when 6 months is the consequence.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Blazing99: 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2010
Imagine such massive fraud this fat kleptomaniac was invovled in and we only give her "6months". Even in the most liberal USA, this cannot happen. I insist on Sanusi's recommendation. Thieves like Ibru should be shot. Imagine if that money had circulated well, how many thousand Nigerians would be happier, well-educated, and had access to good wealth. But this fat-4ck chose to store it up to herself. Fucking crazy
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by odedele: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2010
dis was d first thin sanusi should av done: arrest d bank chief get dem prosecuted and refund all d loot back 2 d bank SHIKENA.but instead sanusi created panic ,increase unemployment and uncertainly in the economy cos e want 2 be recognise.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Ibime(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2010
^^Dele, you are an ode, just like your name ODE DELE
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by omomakun: 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2010
Just reading the list of assests makes me weak. How could they be so greedy? After building all that fortune on money that is not yours, everything comes crashing down in one day, its not worth it!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by odedele: 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2010
@ ibeme.u r d greatest DIDINRIN a fool like who thinks wit his feet.Y not keep ur filty mouth Shut if u got noting meaninful 2 contribut 2 d post.Alai leko like u
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by doctorbabs(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2010
with all these, all they could give her was just six months imprisonment. had it been is a common man steal ordinary 1million will be rotten in jail. the issue of Plea Bargain will not not arised. our judiciary need a lot of work to be done. pleas bargain should applied to down troden( common man in our country as where been refers to). am sorry for this country
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2010
odedele:

dis was d first thin sanusi should av done: arrest d bank chief get dem prosecuted and refund all d loot back 2 d bank SHIKENA.but instead sanusi created panic ,increase unemployment and uncertainly in the economy cos e want 2 be recognise.

Can you explain further this theory of yours?

How is it different to what happened?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by babaowo: 1:56am On Oct 12, 2010
so please nigerian fruadsters i beg u in allah name start defruading peoples in billions ooooooooooo,so that your sentence will reduce ooooooooo,because if not nigeria judges wont have mercy on you oooooo,make people gang up and start steling billions,but remember me after your little sentence lol am chief adviser, lol, i cant shout oooooooooooo lol naijaaaaaaaa una no get master oooooo naija judges should be jail amennnnnnnnn
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Ibime(m): 2:07am On Oct 12, 2010
@ Saga,

You dey mind the ODE called Dele? Sanusi had the crooks arrested and prosecuted and their refusal to go quietly is what caused all the brouhaha through their Renaissance Professionals mouthpiece, yet the ODE is here yarning opata that SLS should have first arrested and prosecuted the crooks "rather than causing instability and panic".

What an ODE!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by odedele: 8:37am On Oct 12, 2010
@ibime or igbeme.I GUESS DIS POST IS NOT 4 IDIOTS LIKE U WHO TINKS D ONLY WAY 2 MAKE A POINT IS 2 B INSULTIVE.AGBERO LIKE U SHOULD B @ D GARAGE AND NOT HERE.

@sagamite, wat i mean is dis after discovering dis banks 2 b insolvent sanusi would av called dis MDs and threathing them to recovered dis money within a time frame say 6 month after which they could b prosecuted and replace.by dis, job lost,share crash and d credit crunch would av been prevented.all am saying sanusi would av achieve d same result wit a diffrent approach.PLS HELP ME TEACH DAT IDIOT igbeme HOW TO RESPOND 2 THREAD
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by fegflu: 8:56am On Oct 12, 2010
Please house- we dont have to blame her, In this age and time GREED is good.
Cus that is the only way you can survive in the world today otherwise you will be swallowed by someone who is even more GREEDIER than you.

THERE IS NO NOBILITY IN POVERTY ANYMORE, THE TIME OF GOOD NAME IS LONG GONE.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by orangemen: 9:05am On Oct 12, 2010
@ibime or igbeme.I GUESS DIS POST IS NOT 4 IDIOTS LIKE U WHO TINKS D ONLY WAY 2 MAKE A POINT IS 2 B INSULTIVE.AGBERO LIKE U SHOULD B @ D GARAGE AND NOT HERE.

@sagamite, wat i mean is dis after discovering dis banks 2 b insolvent sanusi would av called dis MDs and threathing them to recovered dis money within a time frame say 6 month after which they could b prosecuted and replace.by dis, job lost,share crash and d credit crunch would av been prevented.all am saying sanusi would av achieve d same result wit a diffrent approach.PLS HELP ME TEACH DAT igbeme HOW TO RESPOND 2 THREAD

@ode,
ur name here has affected you dangeriously. who is sanusi? is nigeria his family? how can u call a criminal to threaten him/her? are u saying he shld act as cbn gov and at the same time act as police and court?
he did what an intelligent cbn gov will do and that is exposing the ills in the bank and allow the police, efcc and the court to do their bits.
most topics here are not compulsory for everyone to contribute. i always tell ppl here to choose their threads and not always fighting to be everywhere and thereby exposing high level of ignorance.
i don't mean disrespect but next time, u can check out thread topics where you can make useful contributions and not looking for the easiest ways to insult folks here.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 9:14am On Oct 12, 2010
odedele:

@sagamite, wat i mean is dis after discovering dis banks 2 b insolvent sanusi would av called dis MDs and threathing them to recovered dis money within a time frame say 6 month after which they could b prosecuted and replace.by dis, job lost,share crash and d credit crunch would av been prevented.all am saying sanusi would av achieve d same result wit a diffrent approach.PLS HELP ME TEACH DAT  igbeme HOW TO RESPOND 2  THREAD

No 1) Do you know the meaning of non-performing loan? Where do you want people that have lost the money (millions and billions of dollars and were relying on CBN's EDW) to get the money back from merely because you threatened and gave them 6 months? You expect them to get human head and use it to make money?

No 2) So he should threaten the crooks and pretend nothing is happening for 6 months whilst the banks they are running are barely operational rather than injecting money into them that was badly needed?

No 3) You think when Sanusi finally sack and arrest the CEOs as you suggested, there would be no panic, increase unemployment and uncertainty in the economy

Believe me, I am not the one to teach Ibime how to respond, most people would be checking if today is a special day the way I am replying to you at the moment.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Ikwikwikwi(m): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
theif woman,
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
buzugee,

Remember when I told you about some Nigerians being retards here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.224.html#msg6910978

Now I have a good example for you:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-528647.0.html
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by odedele: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ orangeman.iam sure u know ibeme started insulting me on dis thread.i also want 2 consider ur first statement rather insultive aswell.we all can not av d same view on issues and we shuld learn 2 accomodate others opinion.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Ibime(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ode, abi no be your name I call? Which one come be insult again. You no be fake ode, you no be Aba-made ode, you be REAL ODE!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by fegflu: 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2010
there is notin wrong in what she has done, it happens evrywere these days,
In this age and time GREED is good.
Cus that is the only way you can survive in the world today otherwise you will be swallowed by someone who is even more GREEDIER than you.

THERE IS NO NOBILITY IN POVERTY ANYMORE, THE TIME OF GOOD NAME IS LONG GONE.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by DrKitaun(m): 2:55am On Oct 13, 2010
@Igbeme

na u be the biggest ODE, u see person wey dey rubbish english, dey yarn okpata, flavoured with undulterated unintelligibility yet u still dey argue with am, how we go know the difference now ?

u owe true intellectuals a fat apology, the JEGA_FAFUNWA stylee ! grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by odedele: 8:08am On Oct 13, 2010
@ igbeme
e b like say na 4 refugee camp dem born u.i no get time 2 waste wit u again

@kitaun

tank u prof. of english
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by CrudeOil2(m): 9:11am On Oct 13, 2010
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Friday sentenced a former Chief Executive Officer of Oceanic Bank International Plc, Mrs. Cecilia Ibru, to 18 months imprisonment without an option of fine for granting $20m and N2bn credit facilities above the approved limit by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

And she is to forfeit N190bn in assets.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 10:25am On Oct 13, 2010
Crude Oil:

And she is to forfeit N190bn in assets.

She was initially charged with 25 charges, she agreed to plea bargain by pleading guilty to 3. One can easily assume it would be for the 3 most favourable charges (her own gain) and add a sweetener for the state by returning as much as she can so they drop the 22 others (less stress for the state, maximum asset repossession mission accomplished with minimum effort and cost).

So the $20m and N2bn are likely relating only to the 3 charges but her return of N190bn is sweetener for all the charges she is guilty of but is trying to avoid jail for.

For the record, when she was in Oceanic, the overall non-performing loanbook was N278bn. One can assume not all these are illegal, but by returning N190bn, one can see that majority were due to her malfeasance.

One can also safely assume it is not everything she took that they got back. For them to be non-performing, she must have lost/been losing some of it. Also, she must have spent alot of it in her extravagant life including giving some to church and thirdly, the lawyers would have made a killing protecting her lie of innocence and suing for unfair dismissal to try and get her fat arse back into her stealing seat.

So it is likely she is responsible for close to three quarters of the N278bn.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Ibime(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2010
@ Dr Kit,

Na only human being wey no look face go dey acknowledge dog when dog enter house. I apologise say I no look face before I begin acknowledge the ODE!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by tushgurl(f): 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2010
this is an unbelievable comedy, 6months for all that, damn!, god dey!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by efoghorjos: 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2010
Recovering all these assets from a single individual is at least a good place to start from in our quest to rid the country of corruption. Others should get the signal that corruption is no longer welcome in Nigeria. The so called rich people should not destroy this country for us with their avariciousness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

CBN Dormant Account Policy Triggers Anxiety In Banking Sector / Total Staff Returns N108k To Customer Who Forgot His Money At Ilorin Station / Total Gas Filling Station At Ketu, Lagos Is On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.