Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,082 members, 7,818,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud (21303 Views)

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by efoghorjos: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2010
After all, what a man can do, a woman can do better (including fraud).
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by jaguar09(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2010
Let the truth be told, this Judges are our unnamed problems, this kind of Judgment will surely encourage looting, to be honest if i could lay my hands on this kind of office cecilia held i will do same and voluntarily wait for the Judges to ask me to return a quater of all i stole and go for less than 1 yr in prison.

WTH. What does the Nigerian Bar Association do when this kind of Judgement is passed? Keep quite right, in no distance time Bode George will be a free man and use his stolen billions STILL under his custody to intimidate those who made him go to jail.

I pray for the REVOLUTION, the more reason a BUHARI should come to power, a BUHARI will clean the mess Nigeria is into, while a GEJ would only try to manage situations, an IBB will take Nigeria 20yrs backwards, an ATIKU is coming for stupid revenge. for now Nigeria needs a BUHARI to clean the mess then a GEJ kind of person can come and manage the new nigeria for better tomorrow. Let vote wisely and forget about centiments, religion or zoning.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kshow1(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2010
THE JUDGE SHOULD BE FIRED FOR DELIVERING BAD JUDGEMENT.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by bishopkay: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2010
you are all shouting CRUCIFY CECILIA IBRU!!!!!!!! have you ever thought of our so called politicians who loot government and how many of them have been sent to jail?

the 150 billion is money lent out without collateral! so those properties/assets are rightly hers and not gotten through mainly fraud.

IF NAIJA IS NOT A ROT OF A COUNTRY, MOST OF OUR SO CALLED POLITICIANS SHOULD AS WELL BE IN JAIL.

SO PLS LEAVE HER IN PEACE.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Ibime(m): 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2010
Anybody who doesn't know by now that Knowall knows nothing really knows nothing
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Prince22(m): 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2010
Waooooooo, Nija less priviledge will die of hunger
we only see Ibru part of the arrogated wealth if true
How many of these type are covered?, how many can we catch?
Only 5000unit i requested for in bank 3/4 of my fund were return

There will be revolution beyond man's imagination.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Lagosboy: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2010
bishop kay:

you are all shouting CRUCIFY CECILIA IBRU!!!!!!!! have you ever thought of our so called politicians who loot government and how many of them have been sent to jail?

the 150 billion is money lent out without collateral! so those properties/assets are rightly hers and not gotten through mainly fraud.

IF NAIJA IS NOT A ROT OF A COUNTRY, MOST OF OUR SO CALLED POLITICIANS SHOULD AS WELL BE IN JAIL.

You obviously dont understand what fraud means in management , or what gross abuse of office means, or what negelect of procedure means. You obviously also love the greedy fat ugly woman more than herself as she pleaded guilty to crime and you are alleging she did not get the wealth through fraud. She offered to forfeit those ill gotten wealth and you are here making some statements.

Please reason with me Cecilia is worse than Shina Rambo , Anenie put together.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2010
Lest we forget, the woman being witch-hunted stole $1.3Bn, Nigeria's annual budget is $32Bn.

And they gave her only 6 months.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buffnaija: 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2010
bishop kay:

bitch . shut up . those were not  loans. she out right stole that money . and she doesnt even have the right to award herself all those loans. those funds are depositors funds.

its totally fucking ridiculous that someone can even defend this evil witch.

she is a thief.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by LadyT(f): 10:59pm On Oct 09, 2010
So mental hospital is allowing patients to use internet?

Bishop Kay are you CRAZY!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by amblors(m): 11:00pm On Oct 09, 2010
warrior01:

so they are telling us to dey  steal money dey go after all na only six months be the jail term. Naja I hail thee.

the Nigerian system now looks like: the more you thief, the lesser the punishment.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by eghost247(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2010
Hmmmmm
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by xterra2(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
[size=15pt]

People it is 18 months not 6
Check Daily Trust,Punch and The Nation -they all said 18 months
Check the websites NOW before they change the news to that of 10/10/10
I am happy it is not 6 ,it is 18 and they said the sentence would run Concurrently
[/size]
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
xterra2:

[size=15pt]

People it is 18 months not 6
Check Daily Trust,Punch and The Nation -they all said 18 months
Check the websites NOW before they change the news to that of 10/10/10
I am happy it is not 6 ,it is 18 and they said the sentence would run Concurrently
[/size]

Plead guilty to 3 charges.

To serve 6 months for each charge = 18 months in total

But when serving all concurrently = 6 months in total

She is to serve 6 months.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Ekhan1(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2010
THE FOLLOWING FEATURES SADDENS ME

an elder in chruch

a woman

gets 18 months jail sentence for looting 150bn (which is a very short period, she deserves life sentence)

A former CEO - chief executive ole

when these are considered critically, then one is faced with the question, 'where is the war against corruption?'
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2010
^^^ Add the fact she did not even do it because she needed it. She is part of a well to do family already.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2010
What she stole is more than Nigeria's annual healthcare budget (which is about $500m).

And she got only 6 months.

That is like a UK person stealing $320Bn (double of UK's annual healthcare budget of $160Bn) and the courts gives him only 6 months in jail.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2010
well the question i have is that, if she steals $1 billion from oceanic bank, whose money is that ? is that the customers money ? what kind of bank is oceanic bank ? is she taking customers money or is she stealing profits ?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2010
buzugee:

well the question i have is that, if she steals $1 billion from oceanic bank, whose money is that ? is that the customers money ? what kind of bank is oceanic bank ? is she taking customers money or is she stealing profits ?

- Depositors (people's salary, pensions, savings, business revenue etc)
- Shareholders' capital
- Loans to the bank
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 12:10am On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite:

- Depositors (people's salary, pensions, savings, business revenue etc)
- Shareholders' capital
- Loans to the bank
so she is stealing other peoples money ? how does she expect that those people will get their money back if she is stealing it ? is she crazy ?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 12:14am On Oct 10, 2010
like if she is stealing profits ? you can cut her some slack but she is stealing the principal monies ?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by shesco24(m): 12:19am On Oct 10, 2010
There is never a time political leaders and all those so-called office people will not steal money when a common criminal that didn't steal half a million naira will be rotten in Kirikiri and these people are given just 6months jail term for that sum of money. Na God go judge all of una.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 12:28am On Oct 10, 2010
buzugee:

so she is stealing other peoples money ? how does she expect that those people will get their money back if she is stealing it ? is she crazy ?

Keep the cashflow going as long as you can, hoping you are able to make your money off the interest you generate from the investment you engage in with the loot and then return the principal you stole initially.

On the day you cannot, the bank becomes illiquid, you see people rushing to the bank to queue to get their money out.

If the country is unlucky (which is most likely the case), everyone panicks and rush to their bank even if it is not Oceanic, and withdraw all their money.

You have a financial meltdown in the country. People that can not get their money (example pensions) will be destroyed, which for sure not everyone will get theirs as she has lost it. Armed robbbery would skyrocket as robbers now know the money is under the pillow i.e. those that were able to get theirs.

And they gave her only sweet 6 months.  grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 12:32am On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite:

Keep the cashflow going as long as you can, hoping you are able to make your money off the interest you generate from the investment you engage in with the loot and then return the pricipal you stole initially.

On the day you cannot, the bank becomes illiquid, you see people rushing to the bank to queue to get their money out.

If the country is unlucky (which is most likely the case), everyone panicks and rush to their bank even if it is not Oceanic, and withdraw all their money.

You have a financial meltdown in the country. People that can not get their money (example pensions) will be destroyed. Armed robbbery would skyrocket as robbers now know the money is under the pillow.

And they gave her only sweet 6 months. grin
a pretty picture you painted their mate grin remind me never to buy shares in my life. so you are saying she intends to return the 1 billion as soon as she turns a profit from it ?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by cold(m): 12:33am On Oct 10, 2010
Mr Sagamite i wish i had ur will power.You've been on this thread all day,spitting nuthin but cold hard truth.Thumbs up,two thumbs up-way up  cool
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 10, 2010
I AM SPEACHLESS AT THIS TIME BUT I GUESS THIS IS RATHER UNFORTUNATE
JUST 6 MONTHS IN JAIL??
THIS COUNTRY SUCK
THIS CRIMINAL SHOULD ROT IN JAIL FOR ALL I CARE
ANYWAYS HIDING UNDER THE FACADE OF CHRISTIANITY AND BORNAGAINISM TO PERPETRATE FRAUD AND SELL THE FUTURE OF INNOCENT STAFF AND FAMILIES
LOTS OF FAMILIES ARE NOW IN PENURY OVER THE LACK OF INDESCRETION AND IRRESPONSIBILITY AND MISMANAGEMENT AND FRAUD
THIS CRIMINAL SIGNS CHECK TO THE BIG NAMES IN RELIGION IN THIS COUNTRY ON A DAILY BASIS
INVITES THEM TO HEAD OFFICE FOR PRAYERS AND SERMON
SHE EVEN PREACHES IN THE FELLOWSHIP, HAS CHURCHES IN HER COMPOUND
I THINK IT IS HIGH TIME YOUTHS COME OUT AND FIGHT ALL CORRUPTION IN ALL FACETS
GOD CANNOT FIGHT FOR US IF WE JUST STAND THERE AND DO NOTHING BUT PRAY
EVEN THE BIBLE RECORD OF ISRAELITES BUILD WITH ONE HAND AND SWORD ON THE OTHER
IF WE MUST FREE OURSELVES FROM SLAVERY THE POLITICIANS HAVE PUT US IN, WE MUST FIGHT FOR OUR FUTURE AND LIFE OF OUR INNOCENT UNBORN GENERATIONS.
I WISH I WERE 150 MILLION MAN

NOT ONLY HER BUT THE IBBS OF THESE DAYS AND THE CRIMINALS CALLING THEMSELVES POLITICIANS
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 12:41am On Oct 10, 2010
buzugee:

a pretty picture you painted their mate  grin remind me never to buy shares in my life.

Hopefully Sanusi would return that hope. That is what we were trying to tell some retards on NL when he started acting but in their moronic prism, he was doing it to give the banks back to the north or as a personal vendetta.

And remember these retards have a right to vote. That is the soul destroying part for me.

buzugee:

so you are saying she intends to return the 1 billion as soon as she turns a profit from it ?

That is the way.

She thought eff the rules, I will take the money without following due process at low interest rates, make some money from marvelous investments, return what I stole, no one will know, we are the GODS of the industry. We are untouachables.

Sanusi said No, I will kick your arse.

cold:

Mr Sagamite i wish i had your will power.You've been on this thread all day,spitting nuthin but cold hard truth.Thumbs up,two thumbs up-way up  cool

God sent me to save souls on NL.  cool grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by gonyix: 12:45am On Oct 10, 2010
she needs to be executed to teach the rest of the thieves like her a lesson.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 12:52am On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite:

Hopefully Sanusi would return that hope. That is what we were trying to tell some retards on NL when he started acting but in their moronic prism, he was doing it to give the banks back to the north or as a personal vendetta.

And remember these retards have a right to vote. That is the soul destroying part for me.

That is the way.

She thought eff the rules, I will take the money without following due progress at low interest rates, make some money from marvelous investments, return what I stole, no one will know, we are the GODS of the industry. We are untouachables.

Sanusi said No, I will kick your arse.

God sent me to save souls on NL.  cool grin
i guess she is not as crazy as i thought. see i thought she dipped into the coffers and took 1 billion for herself. but if she took 1 billion to make a profit and then put the 1 billion back ? thats devious and dubious but i can get with that. still though, she needs to be publicly flogged just for being a silly ol tart. (a tart for money that is )
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 1:06am On Oct 10, 2010
buzugee:

still though, she needs to be publicly flogged just for being a silly ol tart. (a tart for money that is )

I am always keen on this kind of punishment for wicked souls.

She is already from an immensely rich family but wanted to steal more, just like Igbenideon.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 1:22am On Oct 10, 2010
Sagamite:

I am always keen on this kind of punishment for wicked souls.

She is already from an immensely rich family but wanted to steal more, just like Igbenideon.
i think we need a revolution in that country. only problem is that most nigerians are cowards. if someone decides to give me 5 million dollars, i can easily finance a revolution with that. all i need is 1000 able bodied brave men. any sponsors ?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by buzugee(m): 1:24am On Oct 10, 2010
i have been dreaming, eating and sleeping revolution for a while now. i am ready to take out some fools in that country. they say whomever you kill in this life will become your slave in the afterlife. i am ready to start a harem of slaves. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Angry Customer Sues First Bank To Court Over Mastercard Fraud / Bank Execs Fingered Sabotaging New Naira Notes Distribution / The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.