Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud (21302 Views)

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Browser69(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2010
shocked shocked shocked even the law court, the prosecutors and the almighty JUDGE are all compromised.
Just six month lipsrsealed

I don`t think we will ever have hope of any fear judgement in this country.

It is now cleared that we are operating two set of law in Nigeria; One for the poor and another one for d CRIMINALS that call themselves Rich
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kulutempa: 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2010
Cecilia Ibru had a good lawyer who obviously looked at the evidence against her and realised that she would go down big time if she insists on pleading not guilty and goes for a full trial.  A deal was done with the prosecution on the basis of a quid pro quo: Ibru gets a light sentence in return for coughing up 150 billion naira.    What the judge and by implication the government on behalf of whom the EFCC was acting do not seem to realise is that the deal sends a wrong message which is that if you are corrupt and can afford the best lawyers you will always come up smelling like roses as opposed to poor Mukaila who gets 3 years for stealing a goat at Ebuta Meta.   However given that the woman had assistance from the bank auditors who passed the accounts  and CBN examiners under the former CBN governors Mr Soludo, I reckon all these supporting players should also be investigated and brought to book by the government.  Big time crime and corruption in Nigeria is like a snake with multiple heads and cutting off just one is a waste of time.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2010
Oh
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Browser69(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2010
Remii:

Its not the length of jail term, its the effect on her record, she has been jailed for criminal offences, she is now an exconfict, property loss would deal a great blow with her too.

You read my mind, She must now be kmown as Madam Exconfict after her jail term.
that shame alone must hunt her till she die.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

Amsorry, Mr Sharp, what is more grave about fraud of $4K than intentionally mismanaging [size=14pt]$1BN[/size]?

You think the mismanagement was not done in a way that it favoured her, her family and friends, Miiiiiiiister Shaaaaaaaaaarp?

Run away slowpoke, thank God u are alive, it is been a long time. Please prove that the mismanagement was done in her favour. U think the court acts on mere speculation. I guess u re a Nigerian policeman, am I right? Idiotic Ignoramus.

Hercules07,
I still don't believe EFCC could prove she is guilty of embezzlement. The judge said the three offences attract 13 yrs or so, so there is nothing less severe about the three charges EFCC levied againt her. They only reduced the punishment because she was able to refund the amount she was accused of mismanaging. I think mismanagement is different from embezzlement and fraud in the court of law. Na we laymen just dey look am as the same. Please, please and please, let us stop saying she stole money. The court did not say she did. The court said she gave out loans recklessly. I just feel bad about it cos I feel she is a victim of witch hunting. I would have been so, so so happy if Ovia, Elumelu, Tayo, Sanusi himself, Akinfehinwa and co can be arraigned for the same crime because they were all doing that during share and oil boom. That is the only time I will know that Sanusi is carrying the crusade with sincerity. I know you ll not like the way I responded to Sagamite, but that is the only language that the bunkum understands.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2010
oyb:

abegi, give her a break

that 150 billion is probably all her assets

or maybe 85% of them anyway

Oyb, it doesn't matter!!!

Cases like this are supposed to be used to wade a deterrent warning to the people destroying Nigeria.

Again and again (with Tafa, Ibru, Igbinedeon etc) we have told the powerful that "if you steal, you are most likely going to get away with it. Even if you are one of the few that get caught, you can get an injunction from the caught of law for you not to be arrested or investigated (Odili). And even if you are one of the rarity that are investigated, arrested, charged and found guilty, you will be given a slap on the wrist".

Now why would a powerful official not steal?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by denony(m): 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2010
Browser69:

You read my mind, She must now be kmown as Madam Exconfict after her jail term.
that shame alone must hunt her till she die.

But she will never be poor again
what about that?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Chicent(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2010
Mobinga:

She should be shot. The judge should be shot
oyb:

abegi, give her a break

that 150 billion is probably all her assets

or maybe 85% of them anyway

i dont knw when nigerians will wake up and see beyond leaders or so called leadership.dese people makes billions per minute and are not satisfied with it.they still want to make more and to hell with d poor masses if dey feed or not.she has more assets that were not mentioned.No doubt d judge was bribed,becos afta 6months she will bounce back and make trice 150billion.An hairdresser was sentence to 17yrs for duping her fellow human being, for someone who duped the country just 6months, too bad. WAKE UP NIGERIANS THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT LEADERS BUT LEEDERS.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2010
denony:

But she will never be poor again
what about that?

Everything is not all about money. My bible says good name is better than gold and silver
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by allboyz(m): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

Run away slowpoke, thank God u are alive, it is been a long time. Please prove that the mismanagement was done in her favour. U think the court acts on mere speculation. I guess u re a Nigerian policeman, am I right? Idiotic Ignoramus.

You are a RETARD!!!

All the properties listed here are not personal?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.0.html#msg6902933

Fooool, who do you think owns them but yet she is the one forfeiting them? Fooool!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kulutempa: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2010
BREAKING NEWS:  According to Channels News, Cecilia Ibru is to be returned to Reddington Hospital Victoria Island for the forseeable future where she is undergoing treatment for a cardiac ailment!  I bet she would make a "speedy recovery" after 6 months.   Well, wel, well,  the law is an ass and this woman is riding it at full gallop.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

Hercules07,
I still don't believe EFCC could prove she is guilty of embezzlement. The judge said the three offences attract 13 yrs or so, so there is nothing less severe about the three charges EFCC levied againt her. They only reduced the punishment because she was able to refund the amount she was accused of mismanaging. I think mismanagement is different from embezzlement and fraud in the court of law. Na we laymen just dey look am as the same. Please, please and please, let us stop saying she stole money. The court did not say she did. The court said she gave out loans recklessly. I just feel bad about it cos I feel she is a victim of witch hunting. I would have been so, so so happy if Ovia, Elumelu, Tayo, Sanusi himself, Akinfehinwa and co can be arraigned for the same crime because they were all doing that during share and oil boom. That is the only time I will know that Sanusi is carrying the crusade with sincerity. I know you ll not like the way I responded to Sagamite, but that is the only language that the bunkum understands.

Retard!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You feel bad she is a victim of witch hunting?  grin grin grin grin grin grin

They need to blow your brains off with a shotgun. It is a worthless grey matter.

So it is her wealth she used to buy assets of $1Bn?

If your daft self had bothered to read news, you would know she was awarding herself loans from depositors money to buy assets to enrich herself.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kulutempa: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2010
kulutempa:

BREAKING NEWS:  According to Channels News, Cecilia Ibru is to be returned to Reddington Hospital Victoria Island for the forseeable future where she is undergoing treatment for a cardiac ailment!  I bet she would make a "speedy recovery" after 6 months.   Well, wel, well,  the law is an backside and this woman is riding it at full gallop.

Sorry O, my fingers slipped on the keyboard.  I meant to say:  

The law is an ass and this woman is riding it at full gallop.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by oladayo042: 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2010
Naija: The more you steal, the better it gets. Spending 6 months in a jail "hospital" for over N190b?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kulutempa: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
kulutempa:

Sorry O, my fingers slipped on the keyboard.  I meant to say:  

The law is an backside and this woman is riding it at full gallop.

This is strange.   The site moderator will not accept the word   ##s.  Ok let's just say that she will be lying on her backside at Reddington Hospital.
Mr Moderator I hope you are happy now.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by favouredjb(f): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2010
@kafachan I don't need to reply you,sagamite0has done that,and very well also.you must be one of her relatives
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by darkman200: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
I am sure Cecilia Ibru is considering herself some sort of Nigeria's Martha Stewart. I really don't have much hope for Nigeria because people are simply too forgiving, many of the posters here are already feeling sorry for her , I mean what can i say when IBB still has the gut to openly come out and want to be president after all he had done, only in Nigeria! Giant shame of Africa
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

You are a RETARD!!!

All the properties listed here are not personal?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.0.html#msg6902933

Fooool, who do you think owns them but yet she is the one forfeiting them? Fooool!

Why u dey shout? those assets and companies listed there, are they part of the ones she illegally gave the loans (20 m dollars and  2 bn naira) to? If u dont know (of course u can't), those loans given must be proved to be given to her companies before they can accuse her of fraud. Read more and shout less , u hear? I bu onyeara
Sagamite:

You feel bad she is a victim of witch hunting? grin grin grin grin grin grin

They need to blow your brains off with a shotgun. It is a worthless grey matter.

If you daft self had bothered to read news, you would know she was awarding herself loans from depositors money to buy assets to enrich herself.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

Why u dey shout? those assets and companies listed there, are they part of the ones she illegally gave the loans (20 m dollars and  2 bn naira) to? If u dont know (of course u can't), those loans given must be proved to be given to her companies before they can accuse her of fraud. Read more and shout less , u hear? I bu onyeara

Do you use your brain?

Or do you even have one?

If those assets are not part of the illegal loans, why is she then giving them up?

GAAAAWD!

Saying: She is being witch hunted!!!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

Oyb, it doesn't matter!!!

Cases like this are supposed to be used to wade a deterrent warning to the people destroying Nigeria.

Again and again (with Tafa, Ibru, Igbinedeon etc) we have told the powerful that "if you steal, you are most likely going to get away with it. Even if you are one of the few that get caught, you can get an injunction from the caught of law for you not to be arrested or investigated (Odili). And even if you on of the rarity that are investigated, arrested, charged and found guilty, you will be given a slap on the wrist".

Now why would a powerful official not steal?

i'm pretty sure that 150 billion is a serious chunk of her personal assets - not a slap on the wrist fine like they hit tafa and co with. i read somewhere that igbinedion paid his fine in cash at the courtroom

for an avaricious person, this is a kick where it hurts

imagine ebenezer scrooge being forced to give up 90% of his money

one the flip side, the message to our other moguls is hide ya money well well
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

You feel bad she is a victim of witch hunting?  grin grin grin grin grin grin

If your daft self had bothered to read news, you would know she was awarding herself loans from depositors money to buy assets to enrich herself.

So, a thief can come to you and call another person a thief, persecuting his "thief" enemies and shielding his "thief" friends? And u ll hail him? Were ni e se. walahi.

I can see somebody calling me Ibru relative, I dont have to be her relative for me to feel for her. Let us look at it this way. She did those things because other MDs were doing it and going scot free under Soludo, why prosecuting only her, why not with others so that they all share the same that only her and five others are sharing. Let us be humane. She should be jailed, but along with others.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2010
oyb:

i'm pretty sure that 150 billion is a serious chunk of her personal assets - not a slap on the wrist fine like they hit tafa and co with. i read somewhere that igbinedion paid his fine in cash at the courtroom

for an avaricious person, this is a kick where it hurts

imagine ebenezer scrooge being forced to give up 90% of his money

one the flip side, the message to our other moguls is hide ya money well well

You got it completely wrong.

They did not repossess her personal assets. They repossessed the assets she stole. That is not a punishment.

That is like, after much effort, a burglar that came to your house and took all you valuables when you were not home is found. He then agrees to return it after 8 months of claiming you are lying it is all his, and spend agrees to spend 3 days in jail then walk free, instead of the 1 year jail sentence which is the norm.

Do you think that would be justice? Especially when you have lived without your valuables for 8 months. Do you think that punishment would be sufficient? Especially when so much resources, effort and anxiety were put in to find the burglar in the first place. Would you think taking your valuables from the burglar is a punishment for the burglar?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

So, a thief can come to you and call another person a thief, persecuting his "thief" enemies and shielding his "thief" friends? And u ll hail him? Were ni e se. walahi.

I can see somebody calling me Ibru relative, I dont have to be her relative for me to feel for her. Let us look at it this way. She did those things because other MDs were doing it and going scot free under Soludo, why prosecuting only her, why not with others so that they all share the same that only her and five others are sharing. Let us be humane. She should be jailed, but along with others.

Shotgun!!!

We need to end it!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Lagosboy: 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2010
The only annoyingthing is that she will not spend a day in kirirkiri but cooling off in a posh hospital bed at Reddington hospital. This woman's net worth would have earned her a place in forbes.  She is soo greedy and heartless , 49 properties - about 15 houses in the US, 20 houses in ikoyi, thousand hactares of land in lekki I just wonder at 60 plus she thinks she would be immortal. There is noharm in having all these properties if you genuinly worked hard for it but using the akara sellers life savings to enrich yourself is a mega crime in the court of law and court of God.

Cecila is a shame to womanhood , after six months wherever she goes people should shout ole thief thief at her. I gues that humilation will be a good punishment from the court of public opinion when the judge refuses to give adequate punishment.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by FX(m): 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2010
We the Nigerian youths must reorganize ourselves and fight all these monsters . The time is now.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

Do you use your brain?

Or do you even have one?

If those assets are not part of the illegal loans, why is she then giving them up?

GAAAAWD!

Saying: She is being witch hunted!!!

Onye iberibe, she was giving them up to cover for those money she mismanaged (not stole) ,I told u before, I wonder aw many times u were taught how to browsebefore u sabi am. It is just like u paying for something that u spoilt instead of going to jail. That is what the reconciliation, agreement bla bla bla in the court was all about. Once again keep repeating it and saying it out  so that you will not forget "mismanagent is different from stealing and fraud". Ka ji ko?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2010
Lagosboy:

The only annoyingthing is that she will not spend a day in kirirkiri but cooling off in a posh hospital bed at Reddington hospital. This woman's net worth would have earned her a place in forbes.  She is soo greedy and heartless , 49 properties - about 15 houses in the US, 20 houses in ikoyi, thousand hactares of land in lekki I just wonder at 60 plus she thinks she would be immortal. There is noharm in having all these properties if you genuinly worked hard for it but using the akara sellers life savings to enrich yourself is a mega crime in the court of law and court of God.

Cecila is a shame to womanhood , after six months wherever she goes people should shout ole thief thief at her. I gues that humilation will be a good punishment from the court of public opinion when the judge refuses to give adequate punishment.

Thank you.

Some foools can not see this!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kulutempa: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

Kafanchan,  please stop it!  My sides are aching from laughter.   Are you a lawyer by any chance?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

Onye iberibe, she was giving them up to cover for those money she mismanaged (not stole) ,I told u before, I wonder aw many times u were taught how to browsebefore u sabi am. It is just like u paying for something that u spoilt instead of going to jail. That is what the reconciliation, agreement bla bla bla in the court was all about. Once again keep repeating it and saying it out  so that you will not forget "mismanagent is different from stealing and fraud". Ka ji ko?

You still don't get it in your dumb head that deserves a shotgun!

She INTENTIONALLY mismanaged to her financial benefit.

TO HER PERSONAL GAIN!!!

TO ENRICH HERSELF!!!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Browser69(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2010
Infact some women are trying very hard to catch up with their Men counterpart in the world of corruption.
Abeg if you are stiil in hospital I wish you soonest recovery so that you can meet up with Thief Bode G who is patiently waiting to hug you into ur abode.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by reindeer: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2010
So where are all the people shouting that Sanusi was just witch hunting?
I look forward to when that ''pastors'' sentence will be read.
Shameless people.
I'm now inclined to believe this is a mental illness,if you steal 10million dollars we can say its because you want a better life, but 1billion?beats me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Angry Customer Sues First Bank To Court Over Mastercard Fraud / Bank Execs Fingered Sabotaging New Naira Notes Distribution / The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.