Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,677 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story (5628 Views)

GUNSHOTS: Orgasms And Guns...* A Dark Romance, Erotic, Action Story (20+) / REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 7:25am On Jul 16, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 9

© Brian Ngoma

"So how was work mom?" Ludo asked Zamiwe.

"Great my daughter," Zamiwe smiled as she passed Joe a plate of veggies.

"How about you dad? Business?"

"So so, its doing well," Joe answered. "How was your day?"

"It was fine. Boring for the most parts," Ludo chuckled.

"What did you do?" Zamiwe asked.

"Nothing as usual. I just watched TV," Ludo sighed. "I wanted to apologize for the way I talked to you two the other day."

"It’s okay sweetie, you apologized already. We saw the texts," Zamiwe looked at Joe smiling.

"Yes baby, we saw them. And we are glad you felt bad about it. We weren't upset with you; we were just worried," Joe added.

"I know. I'm sorry it will never happen again."

Ludo and her parents were having an early supper. Zamiwe and Joe and discussed that they should be spending more time with their daughter. They were willing to put their differences aside for Ludo. They wanted to be there for her always. They finished eating and went in the living room to watch Television. They all sat quietly all lost in their thoughts. Even though silence spoke volumes, they were all glad that they had each other in that moment.

Ludo's phone which was on the table rang.

She looked at her parents.

"Answer it," Joe said.

Ludo hesitated to get it.

"Sweetie answer it," her mother added.

Ludo reached for the phone and saw a strange number. Had she been alone, she couldn't have answered it but with her parent’s eyes on her, she didn't want them to suspect a thing.

"Hello," she answered nervously.

"Hi Ludo!" Melanie said excitedly.

"Hi Melanie," Ludo excused herself and went to the bedroom.

"What is it Melanie?"

"I'm outside your house and guess who I'm with?"

"Outside my house?" Ludo asked surprised.

"Yes Ludo."

"We have come to get you for dinner."

"I just ate sorry. I don't think I can go out this evening."

Melanie didn't say anything.

"Melanie are you there?" Ludo asked.

"Hi Ludo," Evan said.

Ludo felt weak in the knees.

"Hey," she said.

"You need to come out, my mother is inviting you over."

"I can't. I have to...."

Before she could finish talking, Evan cut the call. Ludo sat in her bed shaking. As she was thinking about what excuse to make when they call again, her mother called her from the living room. Ludo went to the living room and found Melanie and Evan had found their way into the house.

"Sweetie, your friend Melanie is here," Zamiwe said.

Ludo walked to the couch her eyes fixed on Evan. As she looked at him, she remembered how he wickedly treated her the other night.

"Hi Ludo," Evan faked a smile.

"Hey," Ludo said.

She sat down not knowing what to say nor do. Looking at how impatient Evan was, she knew she was wanted back at his house.

Evan looked at Melanie.

"We are going to have dinner and we thought of bringing Ludo with us, do you mind if she goes with us?" Melanie asked Joe and Zamiwe.

Joe and Zamiwe looked at each and then at Ludo. Ludo really wished they could say no.

"Its fine with us," Joe said. "As long as you promise to bring her back early."

"She will be back before you even know it," Evan said his eyes on Ludo.

Ludo kept playing with her fingers nervously.

"Then we should go," Melanie stood up.

"Sweetie, aren't you changing into something warm?" Zamiwe asked Ludo.

"I'm fine this way mom," Ludo stood up.

"She's perfect," Evan added.

Melanie looked at Evan feeling Jealous.

The three walked outside to Evan's Jeep parked by Ludo's gate. Evan got into the car and before Ludo could get in, he said, "Oh and I almost forgot, bring your laptop with you."

"Laptop?" Melanie asked.

Evan was irritated by Melanie’s questions.

"Yes Laptop Melanie," Evan answered.

"What for? Aren't we going for dinner?"

Evan didn't know what to answer. Ludo saw that he was tongue tied. She ignored what he asked for and got into the car. Pissed at Melanie, Evan drove the car.

Kate walked into a strange neighborhood of Chawama. It was her first time going there. She had heard many stories about Chawama on the NEWS and read in newspapers. The sun had just set and she knew she had to go home to prepare supper for Kent. Kent called and texted her but she ignored him. She didn't want him to start asking questions and probably get worried. She reached a house and looked at a piece of paper she held in her hand and told herself that she was at the right place. As she walked in the compound, she heard her husband’s words in her head, "Don't pursue Melanie." She didn't want to think about Kent in that moment, she told herself it was her little secret, Kent didn't need to find out. She reached the front door and knocked. An old woman came out of the house eating sweet potatoes.

"Sorry to bother you this late Gogo," Kate said.

"It’s okay my child," the old woman said with a friendly smile. "How may I help you?"

"I'm looking for Melanie. Does she live here?"

"Melanie?"

"Yes Gogo."

"That troublesome girl ah. That one was handful."

"I'm sure she's the one," Kate said.

"She used to live here together with her aunt but they shifted."

"Do you know where?"

"I don't I'm sorry."

"Thank you Gogo," Kate waved the old lady goodbye.

She left the compound assured that Melanie was lying. Looking at the place, there was no way Melanie could afford the car she was driving the other day. As she left the compound, she found a number of missed calls from her husband. She knew he had knocked off and was on his way home.

"Mr. Visashi, I'm off now," Kent's secretary told him.

"Alright, I'm leaving the office soon too. See you tomorrow," he said.

Kent finished up his work for the day. He texted his wife that he was on his way home. Usually, when he texted, she replied in a heartbeat but this time, she didn't. He locked his office and went to the parking lot to his car. Before opening the door, he decided to call Kate. She didn't pick up his calls.

"I'm sure she's cooking," he said out loudly.

He got into his car and drove out of the company’s premises. As soon as he got into the main road, he heard something move in the backseat. He tried to turn his head to check.

"Just drive!" A voice commanded.

Kent breathed heavily. His hands became sweaty.

"I want the manuscript!"

Hearing the word manuscript had become daunting now. Everytime Kent heard it, he sensed danger.

"I gave them," Kent said shaking.

"Who did you give?"

Kent tried to peep at the man through the rear view mirror.

"You don't want to see me trust me."

Kent's eyes quickly concentrated on the road.

"Who did you give?"

"I gave it to one of the sons. He came to claim it."

"Copies?"

"No copies, i also told him that i don't have copies. Why won't you people leave us alone? Leave the girl alone. Ludo doesn't know anything about this," Kent mentioned Ludo's name regretfully.

"Ludo?"

Kent sweated even more.

"Who is Ludo?"

"No one."

"Mr. Man, i have come a long way for this and you telling me nothing won't do you any good. Do you know how many people die of road accidents in this country?"

"Please don't hurt her, she's innocent."

"Who is she?"

"She's the one who wrote it."

"I see. Park there."

Kent reduced the car speed and parked. He kept praying the man behind him wouldn't do harm to him.

"Write her address here."

Kent got a pen from the compartment and wrote Ludo's address on a piece of paper.

"Don't hurt her," he passed the paper without looking back.

Kent heard the back door closed as quickly as it opened. He got his head out to see who it was but couldn't see a thing. When he peeped through the rear view mirror, despite the view not been clear, Kent saw that the man was bearded and very huge.

"I thought we were going someplace to have dinner," Melanie complained looking at Evan who was driving into his parents’ house.

"Change of plans," Evan said his eyes fixed on the gate.

"But baby..."

"Don't call me that!" Evan yelled.

Melanie looked at Ludo ashamed of herself. Ludo knew all along that Melanie was just used in this game that was being played. Pity and naive Melanie, Ludo thought to herself as she got out of the car.

"This way," Evan looked at Ludo.

Coming out of the house was Erica all dressed up in a long blue dress. She looked at Evan, Melanie and Ludo and rolled her eyes.

"Where to?" Evan asked.

"I'm going to have dinner with Jean," she replied.

"That low life."

"Don't you get tired of insulting him?" Erica asked Evan.

"I will never get tired. That's what he is."

"I don't care," Erica said.

"Did he even bring back the rover?"

"Is it yours?"

"It belongs to the family."

"Evan you can hang if you want. No one talks about how much you spend on whores," Erica looked at Melanie. "Go in mom is waiting. Someone will die tonight if not lucky," she looked at Ludo and off she went.

Ludo and Melanie walked to the house while Evan trailed behind them. On their way, Evan had been texted by Elise that he should tell Ludo to go in the living room.

"Melanie let's go and eat," Evan led Melanie to the dining room.

"What about Ludo?" She asked concerned.

"Ludo will join us later. She has to talk to mother first."

"Your mother likes Ludo," Melanie said looking back at Ludo walking to the living room.

Ludo went to the living room and it was as quiet as a graveyard. She hesitated to sit down. She walked to the door and looked at Evan and Melanie walking to the diner. She wished she had followed them but she was told to wait in the living room. She composed herself and entered the room and sat on the couch. As she sat, she heard something move behind her. She quickly turned around but there was nothing.

"This place creeps me out," her breaths thickened.

"Hello my child," Elise said entering the living room pushing Her husband's wheelchair.

Ludo stood up holding her breath. She had been startled.

"You look tense," Elise said.

Ludo folded her hands.

"Sit down my child," Elise pointed Ludo to the couch.

"Why Am I here?" Ludo asked.

Elise tended to her husband. She made him comfortable in the wheelchair while recognizing Ludo's presence.

"This is a lot of work," Elise said. "But as they say, in sickness and in health. I still love him," Elise touched her husband's face.

Ludo stiffened.

"Coming to your question. I have been reading and something interested me in your book Ludo. You are talented, I give you that."

"Thank you. When am I getting my manuscript back?'

Elise jolted upright and her facial expression changed to what Ludo couldn't tell.

"Oh you can keep it i don't mind," Ludo said.

"I know i said i believed you but the more I read, the harder it is to believe you Child."

"What do you mean?"

"Who sent you to write?"

"I'm getting tired of that question Elise. I don't mean to be rude sorry."

"It's fine dear. I need to know."

"I wrote that myself."

"How? Do you know this family?"

"I Didn't know you people existed till the first day i came here."

Elise studied Ludo. She stood up and went to a drawer, opened it and got the manuscript from it. She looked at it and opened it. She walked to Ludo and gave her the manuscript.

"Read there; where it's highlighted."

"I know what's here already. I wrote this."

Elise smiled.

"That part right there happened the exact way you wrote it."

Ludo's eyes brightened. She quickly read through the passage feeling her heart pounding.

"Yes it did. Does that give you a clue of what I'm capable of?"

Ludo didn't answer.

"You see. The way I was back in the day is the way I am today. Nothing much has changed. So tell me, who sent you?"

"No one. I don't know how this is coinciding but trust me i know nothing."

"I really want to believe you Ludo but you are making it hard for me," Elise sighed. "How are your parents? Your teacher Kate? I know you have a spot for her. Your friend Melanie who is here?"

Ludo knew she was being threatened.

Elise shifted in her chair.

Ludo saw Elise's husbands face saddened like he was trying to tell her something.

Ludo felt someone standing behind her.

"Don't look back," Elise told her.

Ludo felt cold.

"One last time, who sent you to write about us?"

"No one," Ludo answered breathing heavily.

"Is it the Patel’s?"

"I don't even know who the Patel’s are please believe me," Ludo begged.

Elise sighed. Ludo looked at Elise looking at someone behind her and then she nodded.

Ludo closed her eyes. She felt the figure behind her step towards her and in a split second stepped away from her.

"Open your eyes child," Elise said. "Go home now. My driver Mr. Jabulani will take you home.

Ludo opened her eyes and stood up.

"How about Melanie?" Ludo asked.

"Melanie is Evan's guest. You were my guest and have let you go."

"And Ludo I need each and every copy you have on this manuscript. Be it soft or hard. Understood?" Elise asked.

Ludo nodded leaving the room her eyes on Elise's husband who was also looking at her.

She was driven home by Mr. Jabulani who didn't say a word to her till they reached. He just looked at her once or twice. By the time they got home, it was around 11pm.

"Do whatever they tell you. If you mess up, it's either you will live miserably or your family will," Mr. Jabulani said.

Ludo looked at him blankly.

"And don't try acting smart, those people are ten times smarter than you," Mr. Jabulani said leaving Ludo at the gate.

Ludo quickly entered the compound with her eyes everywhere. Luckily, Nancy had spent the night at Ludo's. Ludo called her to open the door for her.

"You took long," Nancy whispered.

"I know," Ludo whispered back. "I'm going to bed now. Goodnight Nancy."

Ludo went straight to her bedroom and locked the door behind her. She removed her laptop from the bag and sat on the bed. She didn't take Elise serious before but she was slowly being convinced that what she wrote about was truly about the Hamuumbu's. She opened the document on her laptop.

"I should probably delete this," she said out loudly biting her nails.

"That would be a bad idea," a voice said behind her.

Ludo froze.

Ludo's finger was on delete shaking.

"Don't press that button."

Ludo heard the voice nearer.

Ludo slowly turned her head to see who it was.

The footsteps got even more closer.

"You!" Ludo yelled.

"What? The sick girl?"

"Don't kill me," Ludo's voice sunk as she slowly fell on her bed fainting.

Shit!" Hunter cussed.

More episodes are available here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-bodyguard
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by DivineSpecial(f): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2019
Oyin come and update oh

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Treasure17(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
These people should free Ludo nah. Are they mad? Thanks for the update man.

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by queenitee(f): 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ah, Morogo . My Ludo
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 10

© Brian Ngoma

Jean admired Erica as she walked to him. As usual, she didn't disappoint. She looked as beautiful as a rose. He was glad she was his despite knowing what are family subjected her to. Jean kept telling himself that everything she did, she did for the good of all. He avoided dwelling too much on what she did because the last time he did, he cheated on her and was on the verge of leaving her.

"Hey handsome," Erica pecked him.

"You look stunningly awesome," Jean said holding her hand walking into Dil Restaurant.

They were led to a table Jean reserved for their dinner.

"Why this place?" Erica asked.

"They offer the best Asian and Indian food," Jean answered assured of himself. "And you know I'm a sucker for Asian food."

"Yeah i know," Erica said looking around.

"Do you know anyone here?" Jean asked.

"Not really."

"You keep looking around as if trying to spot someone."

"Sorry about that. Let's eat."

They started having their dinner in silence each enjoying their meal. They finished having their main meal and were having desert talking and laughing.

Jean sighed.

"What is it?" Erica asked.

"Your family have never liked me," he answered.

"I know and there is nothing you can do about it," Erica took a bite off her apple pie.

Jean's face turned sad.

"You don't need to worry about them though. The fact that they can stand you is a step further to acceptance," she told him.

"But we are getting married soon. I need their approval."

"Jean!" She directly stared at him in the eyes.

"What?"

"Everything is fine. Can't we just enjoy our time together?"

"Okay."

They changed the topic and started talking about their wedding which they were happy about. They hadn't come up with the date yet but they equally agreed for it to be soon.

"Jezebel," a man shouted behind Jean.

Erica's eyes widened dropping her spoon.

Jean turned around to see who had called his fiance. It was a young handsome Indian man.

"It has been long ey," the man said walking past Jean's chair.

Erica was still quiet bewildered.

"This must be Jean," he smiled.

"What do you want Naveen?" Erica finally spoke.

"I see you still remember my name. For a moment there, i thought you had forgotten my name," Naveen said. "And I'm glad this is still your favorite restaurant."

"You have been here before?" Jean asked.

Erica ignored Jean and looked at Naveen, "What are you doing here Naveen?"

Jean despaired.

"I never stopped coming here, this place has the best Indian food, you remember?," Naveen answered. "I didn't expect to meet you here."

"What's happening here?" Jean asked angrily.

"Forgive my manners," Naveen said. "I'm Naveen Patel."

"Jean Chibesa," Jean extended his arm.

"How do you know my fiance?"

"Jean!" Erica yelled.

"Long story ending in heartbreaks and broken family bonds," Naveen looked at jean. "Nice to finally meet you Jean," Naveen smiled. "Let me leave you two lovebirds enjoy your dinner," he looked at Erica. "It was nice seeing you again Jezebel," he smirked.

Naveen left Jean and Erica and went to sit at the table far away from them. Later on, a girl joined him. Erica couldn't stop staring at him. From what she knew, Naveen was out of the country. It was a surprise for her to see him in the restaurant.

"I'm not comfortable with the way you're looking at him," Jean said.

"Let's leave, I'm tired," Erica said grabbing her purse.

"If you say so but who is he?" Jean asked.

"No one, a son to my family's greatest enemy," Erica stood up.

"Who?"

"Farhan Patel."

"The Farhan Patel?"

Erica looked at Jean irritated.

"One of the richest people in this country? The Farhan Patel?" Jean touched his head.

"Get over yourself Jean. He's not even that rich."

"He said something like ending in heartbreaks. Did something happen between the two of you?"

"Forget about it. Take me home."

"I thought we are spending the night at my place."

"Okay Jean let's get out of this place."

Ludo woke up on her bed feeling a headache. She looked around and saw her laptop was still there intact. She checked herself and was just alright. She checked the closets to see if there was someone in there but there was no one. She heard a knock on her door. She slowly went to the door and stood still while her ear was pressed against it.

"Ludo its Nancy," Nancy whispered from the other side.

"Are you alone?" Ludo asked.

"What do you mean am I alone?" Nancy asked surprised. "Of course I am. Open the door."

Ludo opened the door. Nancy entered and checked the room.

"Looking for something?" Ludo folded her arms.

"I heard a scream. What happened?" Nancy asked.

"Nothing I just fell," Ludo answered.

"That didn't sound like a fall scream."

"Ohh so there are types of screams now? What other types are there? Laugh scream, angry scream," Ludo joked.

"I'm not joking Ludo," Nancy said seriously. "Was there someone here?"

"No Nancy."

Nancy looked at Ludo suspiciously.

"There was no one, I just fell," Ludo defended herself.

While they stood they heard the front door opened. They both rushed to the door and found it was unlocked and wide open.

Nancy looked at Ludo scared.

"There was someone here," Nancy said.

"I don't know," Ludo shrugged. "Perhaps a ghost."

"I'm going to tell your parents," Nancy said.

"No!" Ludo yelled. "Why would you do that for? They are sleeping. Dad doesn't like to be woken up especially around this time," Ludo looked at the watch on the wall.

Last thing Nancy wanted was to disturb her boss.

"Someone probably broke in and you saw them."

"I saw no one. Maybe you didn't lock the door properly."

"I locked it."

"Are you sure?" Ludo asked.

Nancy hesitated.

"You see, you forgot," Ludo said. "I'm going back to bed now, see you in the morning."

Ludo went back to her bedroom. She remembered the first time she met the bearded man. That was the name she had given him. Seeing him in her bedroom was scary. She never thought she would meet him again. She went to her laptop and wondered why he said it would be a bad idea to delete the soft copy of her book. She closed the laptop. After thoroughly checking her bedroom, she decided to sleep.

"Where were you last night?" Kent asked Kate.

"I was at work," Kate answered.

"That late?"

"Yes. I was marking some test papers for my pupils."

"I hope you weren't doing what I think you were doing."

"What's that now?"

"Melanie?"

"Noo," Kate answered defensively. "I was at work trust me. You told me not to pursue her, I heard."

"Yes you don't have to, those are dangerous people," Kent told Kate. "I Don't even know that family's name," Kent wondered.

"Did something happen?" Kate looked at Kent.

Kent got nervous. He was scared at what that man would do to Ludo. He gave him the address. If Kate knew what he did, he would be in trouble. He didn't even plan on telling her. It was his secret to keep.

"Honey?"

"Nothing love. Nothing," Kent snapped.

"If you say so," Kate said. "I'll be leaving now. Aren't you dropping me at work?"

"Let me just finish this."

Ludo woke up to Kate's text message inviting her over for lunch. Being a Friday, Kate was knocking off at 12pm. Ludo told her mother about the invitation and she was happy that Ludo would go hang out with Kate than that Melanie. She didn't tell her that she didn't like Melanie. If it wasn't for her husband who insisted that Ludo hang out with Melanie, she would have chased her the second time she came.

"You can go sweetie," Zamiwe said. "You have been moving around lately."

"Like dad says, outdoors is good for the body and mind," Ludo joked.

"What time did you come back last night?"

"When I got here, Nancy told me you had just gone to bed."

"How did it go with Mr. Visashi?" Zamiwe asked. "Any feedback."

"Not yet but he said his team are looking at my manuscript. As soon as they finish, they will get back at me."

"Okay, be patient," Zamiwe smiled. "That man your friend came with, he looked too sophisticated for your friend Melanie."

Ludo laughed.

"Mum!"

"I'm just saying. Melanie seems to be a mess and that man..... Hmmm I don't know."

"He's her boyfriend. Deal with it," Ludo said.

Afternoon came, Ludo found herself looking for Kate's physical address in Chilenje. She was told to stand at Shoprite and that Kate would come pick her up. While standing, she saw a car pass by her moving slowly. She couldn't see who was in it but the figure somehow seemed to be staring at her.

"Ludo!" Kate exclaimed.

Startled, Ludo yelled, "Mrs. Visashi!" She walked to her.

"I'm sorry I took a lot of time, I didn't have anyone to leave the food with," Kate said.

They walked back to Kate's house with Ludo looking over her shoulder. She felt eyes on her but didn't know who could have been following her. Remembering what happened the previous night, she was scared that the bearded man was on her tail, but why? She asked herself.

"Thanks Mrs. Visashi, I enjoyed the meal," Ludo told Kate as they were washing plates in the kitchen.

"Don't mention it Ludo," Kate said.

"You also have a beautiful house, did I mention that?"

"Yes you did when you reached here," Kate laughed.

"Oh yea its beautiful. So its just you and Mr. Visashi?"

"Yes just the two of us."

"Doesn't it get lonely sometimes?"

"It does yea especially when he's not around," Kate sighed. "But he ensures he's ever around."

"Good for you."

They finished washing the plates and went back to the living room to watch TV.

"So Melanie?" Kate looked at Ludo.

Ludo flinched.

"What about Melanie?" Ludo asked.

"You guys hated each other back in the day."

"It was her who hated me. I never hated her."

"You must have a forgiving heart," Kate touched her chin. "Because I witnessed the things she did to you. One time she even evoked a seizure."

"It is what it is Mrs. V.," Ludo's eyes were on the TV.

She felt Kate's eyes on her searching and wondering.

"So where does Melanie stay?" Kate asked.

It then hit Ludo that she didn't know where Melanie lived. Kate's question had put her in a tight spot. Ludo knew the question didn't just come from anywhere, it had a motive. It was obvious that Kate knew and she wanted to find out if Ludo knew it.

"Melanie?" Ludo asked back.

"Yes Melanie."

Ludo hesitated.

Kate's phone rang.

"Hold that thought," Kate answered her phone.

Ludo quickly texted Melanie asking her where she lived. Fortunately, Melanie texted right back that by the time Kate finished talking on the phone, Ludo had her answer.

"Makeni," Ludo answered. "She just moved there. She used to live in Chawama."

Kate looked at Ludo and then the phone.

Ludo ignored her.

"She has rich parents?" Kate asked further.

"I'm not comfortable talking about Melanie Mrs. Visashi," Ludo said. "If you don't mind.

"It's okay honey," Kate didn't want to push her. She had a lot of time, she had to be patient. "Can I bring you some ice cream?" She asked her.

"That would be nice," Ludo smiled.

Ludo left Kate's house smiling. She had a nice time with her. She knew Kate was a good person but very inquisitive it was irritating. For a moment, she had forgotten about the car she saw and the bearded man. She got into a bus and headed to town. Her mother had told her to buy some groceries on her way back. She went to Society mall along Cha Cha road. It was getting dark and Ludo hated being outdoors in the dark. She hurriedly bought the things she wanted and headed to the taxi rank. There were no Cabs. She waited for some minutes and a cab pulled over, right by her. She got in without even looking at the driver.

"Marshlands," she told the driver with her eyes on the phone.

The car started off.

"There's a car following us," the driver said.

Ludo didn't ear what the driver said but she recognized the voice. She raised her head and peeped at the driver and saw who it was on the rear view mirror.

"Don't faint again please," Hunter said.

Ludo didn't move.

"I come in peace."

"Is this a kidnap?" Ludo asked looking at the doors.

"No. I just want to talk but someone is following us. Obviously they are following you. They have been on you all day."

"Talk about what? I don't know you," Ludo jumped for the door handle.

Hunter quickly locked the doors as he tried to concentrate on the road.

"Let me out!" Ludo screamed.

"Young girl, be quiet. I just have some questions for you. I'm not harming you."

"Please let me out," Ludo was on Hunters back punching him.

Hunter got irritated and pushed her back to the backseat.

He slowed down the car waiting for the car behind him to pass. Ludo was on the back screaming and shouting. Hunter ignored her as he tried to catch a glimpse of the driver of the car he had suspected to be following Ludo.

"Damn not again," Hunter said. He stepped on the gas and started following the car.

"What are you doing!" Ludo yelled as she saw that Hunter had passed her turn into her house street.

"Just shut up young girl," he answered. "I'll kill you. Shut it and don't you dare try to call anyone."

The command in Hunters voice was nothing to ignore. Just a word and anyone did as told.

The car in front of Hunter's car stopped. Hunter parked behind it and got out of the car and locked the doors. Ludo watched him go to the car and stood on the passengers door as he talked to the man in the car. Ludo was busy trying to find her way out of the car but she couldn't. She gave up and started watching Hunter from the car. Within seconds of talking to the man in the other car, Hunter aggressively pulled the man from the window and got him out.

"Mr. Jabulani!" Ludo yelled.

She saw Hunter punch Mr. Jabulani ruthlessly as he begged for his life. He couldn't even raise a punch, hunter was as big as a gorilla. Hunter banged Mr. Jabulani's head againts the car and kicked him hard. Mr. Jabulani was on his knees when Hunter grabbed him and strangled him.

"Nooo!" Ludo shouted in terror.

Ludo watched as Mr. Jabulani gasped for air till his eyes shut down. Ludo had just witnessed Hunter kill a man.

He walked back to the car. Ludo moved to the far left side of the backseat as she shook and looked at Hunter horrified. Hunter got into the car, locked the doors and wiped the blood on his hands with a cloth.

"Why did you kill Mr. Jabulani?" Ludo asked shakingly.

"So you even know his name. He burned me not too long ago. He saw me with Hilary and snitched."

"Who is Hilary?"

"None of your business."

"But did you have to kill him?"

Hunter turned around. Ludo could see the hideous face she was scared of. The beards made him even look more horrifying.

Ludo moved back trying to hide her face.

"Welcome to our world young girl. BLOOD LIVES HERE," Hunter started the engine.

Read the remaining parts here - www.youngicee.com/category/blood-lives-here
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Treasure17(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2019
Poor Ludo. Your writing skill has put you in trouble.
Thanks for the update
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Treasure17(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2019
Poor Ludo. Your writing skill has put you in trouble.
Thanks for the update
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by queenitee(f): 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2019
And she was only writing
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by itsmaoaom(f): 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
Oyinprine! Good job
Just that I didn't get mentioned when you started undecided
Well done

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 1:22am On Jul 26, 2019
itsmaoaom:
Oyinprine! Good job Just that I didn't get mentioned when you started undecided Well done
Sorry dear, kindly follow me so you can get my updates
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 1:23am On Jul 26, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 11

© Brian Ngoma

(Unedited)

Ludo's phone rang.

She looked at it and looked at Hunter.

"Cut the call!" He ordered her.

"It’s my mother!" Ludo yelled.

Hunter's forehead formed furrows.

"What do you want with me?" Ludo reached for the door handle.

"Just sit. Will you?"

Ludo stopped fidgeting and sunk in the seat.

"How do you know the Hamuumbu's?"

"Are you the eldest son?" Ludo asked.

"Don't ask me questions, answer me."

"I don't really know them I just met them a few days ago. Did they send you? Tell Elise that I'm taking the soft copy."

Hunter looked at Ludo irritated.

"Wait.... You just killed Mr. Jabulani. That means she didn't send you.

"At least you can think," Hunter said.

Who are you? What do you want with me?" Ludo inquired.

Hunter face palmed.

"Young girl, will you shut up?"

Ludo went quiet.

Hunter sighed.

"Who are you?" Ludo asked again.

Hunter stared at her through the rear view mirror.

"I'm sorry," She pinched the bridge of her nose.

There was silence. Hunter was wondering if he had the right girl despite following the physical address given to him by Mr. Visashi. The girl in his backseat was nothing he expected. He remembered how swift and easy it was working with Hilary. She was intelligent, brave and courageous. He didn't have to say anything, just by looking at him she read his mind. It was unfortunate she met her fate that way.

"Did you write that book?" Hunter asked after much thought.

"Which book?" Ludo asked back.

"About the Hamuumbu's?"

"It’s not with me, it’s with Elise."

"You have the soft copy."

"Is that a question?"

"I'm telling you. I need a copy."

"Didn't you get it last night? You were in my room."

"Would I be here if I got it?"

"How did you get in the house?"

Hunter scratched his beard.

Ludo was silenced.

"Let's go and get it," Hunter started the car.

"Why are you interested in it? Why is everyone interested in my book? It's just Fiction i told them."

Hunter didn't answer her. He drove to her house and parked outside.

"You know what to do," he said unlocking the backseat doors.

Ludo reached for the handle.

"You saw what happened to your friend. If you do anything stupid, your parents will pay for it."

Ludo turned her head to face him. How can a man be so cruel and ruthless like this? She thought to herself.

As soon as she got out of the car, Melanie opened the gate from the inside.

"Ludo!" She shouted happily upon seeing Ludo.

Ludo was still standing by Hunters car.

Melanie ran to Ludo.

"Hey where have you been?" Melanie hugged Ludo. "That time you texted me I was on my way here. Who is in the car?" Melanie bowed her head to look at Hunter.

Hunter avoided her eyes and put the car in reverse. He drove out of the street leaving the two girls standing.

"Did I do something wrong?" Melanie asked.

"No, he was just leaving." Ludo answered hoping she could never see him again. "What are you doing here? Its late," Ludo checked her phone.

"I was waiting for you and now its late I don't even know how I'll go home," Melanie frowned.

Ludo knew Melanie wanted to be told to spend the night at her house.

"You can sleep over," Ludo said.

"Are you sure?" Melanie’s face brightened.

"Yes. Its late you can't go home. Just call whoever it is you need to call at your place."

The girls got into the house finding Ludo's parents sited watching TV. Melanie had said goodbye to them and they were surprised to see her back in the house. Ludo asked her parents if Melanie could spend the night. Zamiwe was hesitant but Joe agreed right there. Ludo and Melanie went to the bedroom. Melanie had already eaten but Ludo said she was not hungry insisting Mrs. V spoiled her with food that day.

"So who is that bearded man?" Melanie asked Ludo laying on the bed.

"No one," Ludo answered.

"Hmmmm, is he hubby?"

Ludo looked at Melanie surprised.

"You can talk to me you know," Melanie said.

"No he's not. He just drove me home."

"We'll hear," Melanie clapped.

"I'm tired let's sleep," Ludo changed into her night dress.

She handed Melanie her spare pajamas.

"Evan is difficult Ludo," Melanie said after Ludo switched off the lights.

Ludo said nothing. She was thinking about the bearded man and what he could do to her parents. She thought about Mr. Jabulani. Even though she didn't know him that much, she knew he was a good man. He had warned her about the Hamuumbu’s and dying like that because of the people he worked for was cruel.

"Ludo are you asleep?" Melanie asked.

"I'm trying to sleep but with you talking I don't think I can sleep," Ludo answered irritated.

"I do everything for him. I try to please him in whichever way I can," Melanie complained. "But immediately he's done with me, he looks at me as if I'm trash."

"Leave him."

"I can't. I'm falling for him."

"I don't know anything about that. Melanie let's sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Ludo. Thanks for being my friend."

"Whatever," Ludo whispered.

"You are funny Bestie," Melanie said pulling the beddings.

Hunter drove to the car Mr. Jabulani was driving. Apparently, no one had noticed that there was a dead man laying by the car. He parked his car just a few meters from Mr. Jabulani's car and walked to it. He carried Mr. Jabulani's corpse and put it in the backseat. He drove the car out of the neighborhood and left it miles away from Ludo's place. He knew Ludo was already involved with the Hamuumbu’s and having Mr. Jabulani's car found around her areas would implicate her and he was not done with her yet. He went back to his car.

From the time he had been back in the country, he had never gone to his house. He spent the few days in a lodge but his money was running out, he had no option but to go back to his place. The only worry he had was that his house was being watched especially after that time he talked to the strange voice on the phone. He decided to drive back to the house. He had exchanged his Chevrolet for a Volkswagen for fear of being found. He reached the area and surveyed it from a distance. It was as quiet as he had left it. There was total darkness. He could only see the light coming from the backyard where his carnage was. He got out of the car and ran to the fence. He climbed it and peeped to check if there was anyone. He jumped over and hurriedly but carefully found his way to the backyard. He paused to hear for any movements. Hunter had animal instincts, he could sense danger and identify certain smells as human. After careful observation, he concluded there was no one at the backyard. He opened the Carnage and turned off the light. He did the same in the house. He drove his car into the compound and parked it behind the main house. He got into the house and didn't switch on the lights. Everything was as he had left them. He sat on his couch and sighed. On his left was a picture of a young girl smiling and waving. Hunter grabbed the photo and looked at it. He stroked his beard and slammed his hand on the table. His eyes become dark as night.

Erica stood in front of her mother's office door in the house nervously. She had planned what to tell her the the past two nights but with her mother, she couldn't be more prepared. Just by been at the door, she was sweating and shaking. Seeing Naveen two nights ago meant a lot of things for the Hamuumbu’s but she wasn't worried about all that, she was only worried about what her mother would remember if she mentions the name Naveen to her.

"What are you doing there?" Evan said pushing her aside and entering. "You haven't been home for two nights."

Erica just stood there motionless.

"Why are you standing there like a robot Erica?" Elise asked.

Erica entered the office and grabbed a sit.

"I need reports," Elise looked at the both of them.

"I met up with Mr. Jacksons from Bank of Zambia and I think the deal will go through," Evan said smiling."

"Don't think you should be sure Evan," Elise said annoyed. "I taught you better than that."

"I'm sorry I'm sure."

"What about you Erica?" She shifted her attention to Erica.

Erica lifted her head and looked at her mother.

"Talk, we don't have all day."

Erica couldn't get words out of her mouth.

"She did nothing. She was probably banging that low life," Evan said. "She just returned this morning."

"Evan shut it!" Erica yelled.

"Let her talk. I can see she has something to tell me," Elise said. "Talk to me Erica."

"I met Naveen the other night."

"What?" Elise asked.

"Naveen Patel?" Evan asked too.

"Yes," Erica answered.

"Oh my God, I don't like this," Elise said.

Erica bowed her head.

"I thought he was out of the country," Evan said thoughtful.

"Apparently, he seems to be back."

Elise sunk in her chair.

"If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been worried," Elise looked at Erica.

"She messed up," Evan said.

Erica didn't say anything.

"You had to sleep with the enemy. I'm still not over that," Elise said.

"I know mom," Erica shifted uneasily in her chair. "I can fix it."

"You are not fixing anything Erica," Elise said.

"What do we with him?" Evan asked.

"Are you stupid?" Elise looked at Evan. "What do you mean what do we with him?"

Evan looked away.

"At the moment nothing. Let's just wait for his move," Elise said. "I can't help it but wonder why Naveen is back at the same time this manuscript was discovered."

"What are you thinking about?" Erica asked.

"I think Ludo is working with the Patel’s," Elise answered.

"I doubt," Evan said.

"There's no place for doubts in our world Evan," Erica said.

"I propose we start watching Ludo 24/7," Elise said.

"Is that necessary?" Evan asked.

"What's wrong with you?" Erica asked him.

"Nothing. I just don't think she has anything to with this. I think she was used," Evan responded. "I did a background check on her. She's clean and she's epileptic. Come on."

"That makes her unusual suspect and unusual suspects are dangerous," Elise said. "I already talked Mr. Jabulani. He will be following her each and every move."

"Mr. Jabulani?" Erica asked.

"Of course. I just wonder where he is. He was supposed to report to me this morning," Elise looked at her phone.

"He's on his way. That one he's a loyal puppet," Evan said.

"He's better than two of you combined," Elise looked at Evan and Erica. "Now i want you Evan to close the deal with Mr. Jackson. Schedule a meeting with him as soon as possible. We cannot take our chances. With Naveen back in the country, we have to secure our deals. Go and work on it now," she dismissed Evan.

Erica was still standing waiting for her assignment.

"I think that Jean of yours has weaken you," Elise snorted.

"No mom."

"Don't you dare talk back when I'm talking Erica."

"Sorry."

"Now i want you to meet with Mr. Mpundu of Mpundu Real Estates. We have to ensure he buys from us."

"Do whatever is necessary and don't disappoint me. Bring out Jezebel not this weak soul I'm seeing here."

Erica gasped.

"You look worried. Is Naveens return affecting you?"

"No mom. No."

"I hope so. Get out of here i need to work."

O'Brien had not heard from his friend Kent for a while now since that time at the club. He had decided to visit him at his office. Kent’s secretary knew him well. As he passed her, she just smiled at him and nodded that he was in.

"You have been missing in action my man," O'Brien said as he sat down.

"O'Brien my friend. Long time," Kent smiled.

"You just bailed on me last time."

"I know man. I'm sorry."

"You had a horrific face on you. It was like you had saw the devil himself. Leaving me alone in the club."

"I'm sure I was tired."

"Are you sure?"

"Very sure my friend. What has brought you here?"

"Aren't we drinking some?"

"It's a Saturday."

"All the better."

"Kate will kill me."

"Since when Kent? Kate is okay with you drinking as long as you go early home."

"You know her well," Kent laughed.

"There's a rumor around the city that you people here have a book containing the secrets of the Hamuumbu's."

"The Hamuumbu's?" Kent asked.

"Nalishuwa Hamuumbu. The man with stroke and all the controversy," Obrien answered.

Kent’s face was numb.

"Don't tell me you don't know him," Obrien said.

"I don't know him."

"Which part of Zambia do you live in?" Obrien asked jokingly. "And to think of it, you an editor. You should know about such things."

"It must be another publishing company wanting to publish it then."

"Publishing it?"

"That's what I heard."

Kent felt his stomach move. He didn't know how to tell Obrien that he knew about the book. He was scared he might also put him in danger.

"Anyway, finish up we leave. My wife also tells me to get home early these days."

The two left Kent's office. While outside, O'Brien told Kent he had forgotten something from Kent's secretary and needed to go back.

"What did you leave?" Kent asked.

"Asked her to print something for me."

"Hurry up," Kent said while opening his car doors.

O'Brien rushed back in and found the secretary standing nervously and looking around.

"Did you get it?" O'Brien asked.

"Yes. This will put me in trouble sir," Kent's secretary answered.

"Not even a single soul will know about this don't worry," O'Brien said. "Now give me."

The secretary knelt and got a copy of Ludo's manuscript from her table and handed it over to O'Brien.

"What do you want with it?" The secretary asked.

"Someone is willing to pay a huge sum of money for it. Don't worry I'll square you too," O'Brien put the manuscript in his bag and waved goodbye to the secretary.

To be continued
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 1:24am On Jul 26, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 12

© Brian Ngoma

Suit and Tie; Nobody wore it better than Evan. Whenever he had a meeting, he ensured he wore his best suits. He stood in front of the mirror and sighed heavily. The meeting with Mr. Jackson from Bank of Zambia was a very important one. He knew his mother had put a lot of faith in him. He smiled and said, "I'm called Brains for a reason."

He left the house and drove to Bank of Zambia. As soon as he reached, he called Mr. Jackson.

"Hello sir," he said.

"Evan," Mr. Jackson responded.

"I have arrived. Driving in right now."

"Don't."

Evan got surprised.

"Why?"

"We are meeting from Cairo apartments. We'll be having a brunch meeting. Meet us here at 11am."

"We?"

"Yes Evan. You'll find us. Don't be late," Mr. Jackson cut the call.

Evan wondered who the third person was. Initially, the meeting was between him and Mr. Jackson. He reached Cairo apartments at exactly 11am. As expected, he found Mr. Jackson waiting for him in the lobby.

"So i was surprised when you said 'we'... I thought this meeting was between the two of us," Evan said nervously sipping on his tea.

Mr. Jackson didn't say a thing but look at his tablet. There was something about Mr. Jackson. He was mysterious. Among all the people Evan dealt with, Mr. Jackson made him nervous and uneasy. Everybody in the business circle knew that he wasn't an easy man. He was a serious man.

"Let's finish our tea," Mr. Jackson put the tablet on the table and looked around.

"Ok," Evan chuckled.

Evan texted his mother telling her that there was something wrong with the deal. For a moment, he thought it was a set up but then again, that would also put Mr. Jackson in trouble. Elise didn't respond and Evan regretted texting her. That showed how he relied on his mother. He cringed thinking about how weak that showed him.

"So our man is here," Mr. Jackson exhaled standing up.

"Where?" Evan asked.

Mr. Jackson extended his hand.

Evan turned his head.

"Mr. Jackson!" Naveen exclaimed.

Evan felt his stomach turn.

"Mr. Patel," Mr. Jackson said. "There is a seat."

Evan looked at the two confused.

"Evan," Naveen looked at Evan.

"Naveen," Evan said. "I didn't know you were back in the country."

"Iam back," Naveen smiled wickedly.

"Let's get down to business," Mr. Jackson interrupted the reunion. "So here is the deal. As you both know, i cannot deal with both of your companies but i have assessed and evaluated them and i have come to a conclusion."

"Wait Mr. Jackson," Evan stopped him.

Mr. Jackson looked at Evan irritated, "Let me finish Mr. Hamuumbu. We don't have time."

"Go ahead," Evan gulped.

"Thank you. As i was saying; I have done my homework and truthfully saying," he looked at Evan. "I wanted to deal with Triple E group of companies."

Evan didn't like the sound of that. He began sweating.

"With all the drama surrounding your family company, i have opted for the Patels," Mr. Jackson said.

Naveen smiled.

"Drama?" Evan asked adjusting his tie.

"Yes Evan. There is so much going on in your family which can put all of us in problems right now; too much spotlight. That's the reason i don't want to take the risk."

"I don't understand," Evan said.

"The manuscript Evan," Naveen added. "Cut the crap. Acting like you don't know a thing."

"How do you ...." Evan stopped.

"Everybody knows about it," Mr. Jackson said. "Now if you can excuse us Mr. Hamuumbu."

Evan didn't need to be told that he was dismissed. He got up feeling weary. As soon as he stood, he felt dizzy and leaned against the chair.

"Are you alright Mr. Hamuumbu?" Mr. Jackson asked.

Evan didn't answer. He walked straight to his car. He looked at his phone and found several missed calls from his mother. He switched off his phone and drove out of the hotel.

Erica was waiting patiently for Mr. Mpundu at Palmwood Lodge. She had talked to him in the morning and he booked a room and told her to wait for him while he dropped his wife at work. She knew how important persuading Mr. Mpundu was. She couldn't fail especially that Naveen was in the country. She knew that from that moment on, everything she did would be scrutinized.

She heard a knock on the door. She knew it was Mr. Mpundu but why knock? She wondered. She walked to the door and opened it. She couldn't believe who was at the door and what he was doing there.

"Jean!" She shouted. "What are you doing here?" She looked in the hallway before pulling him inside. "Are you now following me?"

"You can't continue doing this Erica," Jean said. "You know i love you but this is prostitution at it's highest level."

"You have to leave please," she begged him.

"We are leaving together."

"Hell No!"

"Why do you keep doing this Erica?"

"I thought we agreed about this. This is my family business. I do what i can to sustain it."

"Why do you do the dirty stuff?"

"Everybody does the dirty stuff. Evan does the dirty stuff in suits as a disguise. Ethan, you don't have to talk about it."

"Run away with me."

"And go where?" She rolled her eyes. "As soon as i disappear, my accounts will be frozen and we both know I'm the only one with money here," Erica said forcing back tears. "Leave Jean," she pushed him towards the door.

Jean didn't say anything. He left her in the room with a sad face. She cried thinking about how she treated him. Why didn't he leave her? She wondered.

She composed herself and applied makeup.

The door opened and it was Mr. Mpundu. He walked in with a straight face with his eyes searching everywhere. He put his briefcase on the table by the door.

"Hi Mr. Mpundu," Erica got up and walked to him.

Mr. Mpundu looked at Erica suspiciously.

"What is it?" She asked him.

"We cannot go ahead with this."

"What?"

"I came to tell you in your face."

"You are probably tired," Erica tried to remove his jacket.

"Don't touch me," he pushed her. "And why should i be tired, it's only midmorning?"

"What's going on?" She asked.

"So they call you Jezebel?" He looked at her disgusted.

Erica didn't say a word.

"So according to the book, you've had several sexually transmitted diseases fifty women combined," Mr. Mpundu shook his head. "How do you leave with yourself? You're worse than the original Jezebel."

Erica's eyes fumed with anger.

"Tell your mother that i will get my goods from somewhere else. I still have respect for the old man. You are ruining what he started," Mr. Mpundu stormed out of the room leaving Erica laying on the bed confused and disoriented.

"Monday's are boring," Ludo said watching Nancy washing the plates. "I can help you though."

"For the 100th time, I'm paid to do this. Just sit and tell me stories," Nancy said.

"I don't have anything to tell you Nancy," Ludo whined and went on. "As a matter of fact, it's you whose supposed to tell me ghetto juices," Ludo said.

"Nothing interesting happened last weekend," Nancy shrugged. "Just some random girl who was caught cheating."

"That's unfortunate. I'm bored," Ludo complained.

"Go and sleep Ludo. Boredom is contagious," Nancy laughed.

"Get out," Ludo laughed looking at her phone.

"What is it?" Nancy asked.

"Look at this," Ludo showed Nancy what she was looking at. "Imagine this man posted a picture of himself and his daughter and captioned it 'The fruit of my womb'."

They both laughed hysterically.

"I didn't know men have wombs too," Nancy blurted out.

"Crazy world it is," Ludo put the phone away. "Stupidity reigns supreme these days."

Ludo was trying to make conversation with Nancy to forget what happened over the weekend. She couldn't stop thinking about Mr. Jabulani and Hunter. She couldn't figure out his deal yet but he was interested in her manuscript. That's the only thing she knew about him.

"What are you thinking about?" Nancy asked her.

"Nothing. Just some stuff," she answered.

"Your mother told me that your friend spent the night here on Saturday."

"Yes she did."

"You two are close eh?"

"You're jealous?"

"No? Why?" Nancy asked defensively. "Your mother doesn't like her. Don't tell her i told you that."

"Don't worry i know that. Who likes Melanie anyway?" Ludo frowned.

"Isn't your phone ringing?," Nancy asked Ludo.

She had put her phone on vibration.

"Ohh," she reached for it and answered. "Hello."

"Ludo," Elise said on the other side.

"Hi Elise."

"Are you busy?"

"Yes," Ludo hesitated.

"Seems like you are not. Come out I'm parked outside your house."

"What?"

Elise cut the line.

"Who was that?" Nancy asked.

Ludo had her hand on her mouth.

"Is everything okay Ludo?" Nancy asked concerned.

Ludo snapped out of it, "Everything is fine," she left the kitchen.

She went in her bedroom and changed. She got the laptop from her bed and went outside. She found Elise's car parked outside as told. She went and found Elise on the driver's seat.

"Enter," Elise instructed her.

Ludo entered the car and found Mr. Nalishuwa Hamuumbu in the backseat with his eyes only moving while his body was still.

"Hi Mr. Hamuumbu," Ludo waved at him. "Driving yourself?" She asked Elise.

"My driver is nowhere to be found and I don't trust nobody to drive me."

Ludo's heart skipped a beat.

"I don't know where he is," Elise said worriedly.

"He will be back. Perhaps he's taking a break."

"No employee of mine go on a break without telling me. Something is wrong," Elise said thoughtful.

Ludo kept quiet.

"I can see you have my things."

"Yes. Everything is in here," Ludo looked at the laptop.

"Well good," Elise started the car.

Ludo got nervous and asked, "Aren't i remaining?"

"From the look of things, you are doing nothing at home and obviously bored. Let's take my husband to the hospital," Elise looked at ludo. "Okay with that?"

Ludo nodded.

Elise drove to the hospital. Ludo observed how Elise held her husband. It was obvious she loved him. Ludo just couldn't put together why these people were bad. She had spent the previous day reading her work all over again. If what they say was true concerning the manuscript about being about them; they were bad people and Ludo wanted nothing to do with them. As soon as she got her laptop back, she had planned ghosting on them. She didn't care about their threats because they would have what they wanted from her.

Ludo sat in the waiting room while she played with her phone. She looked at the watch on the the wall and it was 17:43. She knew she had to go home. She stood up and checked any sign of Elise and her husband.

"Looking for me?" Elise asked from Ludo's back Wheeling her husband. "We can leave now."

Ludo felt relieved.

They went to Elise's car. Before Elise could start her car, her phone rang. Ludo watched Elise talk on the phone. Elise's face gradually went from smiley to horrifying. Ludo knew something was wrong. Elise didn't say anything and started the car. She drove in silence to her house. Ludo didn't dare ask anything. They got to the house and found Evan and Erica waiting for them.

Erica and Evan didn't seem friendly at all. They looked at Ludo as if they wanted to rip her throat out.

"Do i need to be here?" Ludo asked scared. "I can come for the laptop tomorrow. And it's late, my mother has already texted me several times," she smiled nervously.

"Sit down!" Erica yelled at Ludo. "This dumb stupid girl had the audacity to write about me and my private life," she fidgeted.

Evan was drinking Whiskey from the bottle and looked untidy.

"What Happened?" Elise asked looking at the both of them.

"She happened," Evan pointed at Ludo. "Can we just kill her already?", He threw the bottle and smashed it on the wall.

Ludo got even more scared.

"Be clear!" Elise shouted.

"Let's talk in your office mom," Erica said. "After this, i doubt if you'll ever want to see this girl again."

They all stood up and went to Elise's office and locked the door behind them. Ludo was shaking. She had never seen Evan and Erica that angry before. She thought about running but she knew she couldn't make it to the gate. She thought about Calling her parents but she couldn't, lest she involves them and put them in danger. She opted to wait.

Elise came out first. Ludo could tell that she was furious. She walked to Ludo and grabbed the laptop from her hands and smashed it on the floor. Ludo watched in terror.

"Where is Ethan?" Elise shouted.

"I don't know," Evan and Erica answered at the same time.

Kent got out of his car feeling good about how productive his day had been. Finally, he had found a good writer with a good read. He was happy and thought about the prospects. He had texted his wife about the good news. As he walked to the door, he whistled his favorite song. He got to the door and just as he was about to hold the handle, he heard a movement behind him. He quickly turned around and there was no one.

"Anyone here!" He asked stepping away from the door.

He could not hear anything but the sounds of the night. He turned around to face the door and bumped into Ethan.

Kent stepped back scared.

"Who are you?"

Ethan didn't answer.

"What do you want? I have some money in my wallet," Kent got his wallet from the pocket. "Here, take everything in it."

Kent wanted to scream but Ethan tactically grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him, closing his mouth with his big palm. Kent tried to shake himself off but couldn't. Ethan drugged him to his car while he kept resisting. As soon as they got to the car, Ethan got the car keys from Kent's pocket and opened the doors. He pushed him inside and got in closing the doors.

"Help!" Kent screamed.

Ethan looked around the tiny space of the car and thought it perfect for a beating. He moved himself to Kent and clenched his fist. He punched him in the face deeming him unconscious with the first punch. He grabbed his head and banged it against the wheel repeatedly until blood oozed out of Kent's nose, ears and eyes. Ethan looked at the unconscious Kent and spat on him. He got out of the car, dusted himself and left the scene.

To be continued
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 1:24am On Jul 26, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 13

© Brian Ngoma

Kate prepared Kent's favorite meal. Last time she talked to him, he was happy at the prospects of finding a great writer. She ensured she had everything ready. After being satisfied with what she had done, she took a bath and wore her beloved dress which she knew Kent loved. She went back in the kitchen and checked on the food warmers as if someone had entered to steal the food. She sat on the dining chair while busy looking at her phone. She had texted him earlier on and he said he was in the neighbourhood but it had been thirty minutes. Knowing Kent, he had a tendency of talking to people especially when he reached the neighbourhood. She didn't want to call him. She told herself to be patient. They had the whole night together.

With all the work Kate had done, she was very tired. She got her sweater and rested her head on the dining table and fell asleep. An hour later, she woke up to no sign of Kent in the house.

"Kent!" She called his name thinking he was in the house.

She tried calling him but his phone had gone off. Kate became worried. She got up and checked the bedroom but Kent was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is this man oh?" She asked loudly fidgeting.

She decided to peep through the window to check if his car was outside. To her delight, Kent's car was parked outside. She felt relieved and headed for the door.

"So why is your phone off?" She asked walking to Kent's car.

She could see him from a distance. As she drew closer to the driver seat door, she saw his head resting on the driving wheel.

"Kent!" She ran and opened the door.

She lifted his head and was met with terror. Blood was all over Kent’s face. Kate felt her legs go numb. She failed to even scream for help.

"Baby talk to me," she cried holding his head carefully.

She shook him but he wasn't moving.

"Don't do this to me Kent please," she cried.

She got out of the car and went back in the house to get her phone. Phone in her hands, she forgot why she needed it. Confusion was a cloud above Kate's head. She ran back to the car. She carefully moved him to the backseat while tears kept streaming down her cheeks. She removed her sweater to support his head as a pillow. Luckily, she found the keys in the backseat. She went back to the driver's seat and started the car.

"You'll be fine baby, don't worry," She said driving out of the yard.

Ludo felt like she could choke on her fast beating heart. It was like the tiny confinements of her chest couldn't contain the heart. Her head bowed down, she could feel the eyes on her with the thirsty for blood. All was needed was an order to kill. She looked at her phone on the sofa she had sat on but she knew the moment she reached for it, that might as well be the death of her. There was nowhere to run to.

"Two deals have gone sour today because of your manuscript Ludo!" Elise broke the deadly silence. "Do you expect me to believe what you said?"

Ludo didn't answer.

"I don't know why you all think this girl is innocent," Erica added. "She's a weapon to our enemies. Look what she's costing us."

"Today she will tell us who she's working for. Failure to that, I'm having her parents killed in front of her eyes," Elise said angrily.

"She will just have another seizure," Evan said. "Look at her, I think it’s even on its way," he chuckled.

Ludo looked at Evan with hate in her eyes.

"What? You want to beat me?" Evan angrily asked her.

"Screw you!" She yelled at him.

"Screw this, I'm killing her," Evan quickly walked to Ludo and grabbed her by the neck and lifted her up.

"Leave me you bastard!" she shouted kicking and punching him.

Evan threw her on the floor hurting her hand.

"You will hurt her," Elise looked at Evan.

"That's what we are supposed to be doing right now. Do you know how embarrassing it was seeing Naveen beating me at a deal I worked my ass off for?!" Evan shouted at his mother. "All because of a damn manuscript written by this epileptic weirdo who claims to know nothing about."

"Don't forget who you're talking to Evan," Elise warned him.

"She embarrassed us mother," Erica joined. "Apparently, her manuscript says I have STI's 50 women combined. Who writes something like that?"

"She did," Ethan said standing at the door.

They all went mute as they watched him walk in.

"Aren't you ashamed of beating a woman?" He looked at Evan. "You failed to finalize a simple deal and here you are getting angry at a girl Evan."

"She ruined the deal for me," Evan said.

"You should be ashamed twin brother," Ethan said wiping his hands with a cloth.

All four could see the blood stains in his hands.

"And you Jezebel, did she lie talking about those STI's? Huh?" He gazed at Erica. "I thought you were all better than this. Instead of fighting the greater enemy, you are all busy playing games."

"Where have you been?" Elise asked him.

"I went to take care of their mess," Ethan answered. "Lately, it seems like it has become my work to take care of their businesses. Let's talk in private," he looked at his mother as he walked to the stairs.

"Don't move," Elise told the three.

After a good twenty minutes that seemed like forever, Elise came back alone.

"Where is Ethan?" Erica asked.

Elise ignored Erica's question.

"Take her home," Elise told Evan.

"What?" Erica and Evan asked surprised.

"You heard me," Elise left without looking at Ludo. "Erica follow me."

Erica followed her mother expressionless. She didn't know what to make of what had just happened.

"What's wrong with this family?" A drank Evan hit his head. "After everything you've heard? I take you home? This is crazy. I don't believe this."

Ludo just looked at him while she sat on the floor nursing her hand.

"Stand up!" He yelled at her.

Ludo quickly got to her feet.

Evan got his car keys and started walking to the door. Ludo trailed behind. They got to his car while he said nothing. He waited for her to get inside the car and started off.

If anything, this was Ludo's ghastly night ever. It wasn't over yet and she had convinced herself that as soon as she got home, she was telling her parents everything that was going on. That was if she would make it home.

"What did our family do to you? How much are the Patel’s paying you?" Evan asked with his eyes fixed on the road.

Ludo shifted uneasily.

"We can triple what they are paying you. What do you have to gain in all of this?"

"No one is paying me to do anything. You people are just crazy," Ludo said moving to the door.

"If it was that friend of yours Melanie, I would have understood and maybe give her a benefit of a doubt. That one is a thirsty LovePeddler but you? You don't seem like those kind of people."

"Leave Melanie out of this Evan."

"So you are now defending her? Do you know that the reason I hang out with her is you. Once we figure out your deal, both of you are done for. I just don't know what Ethan told mother to let you go. If it were up to me, you could be dead by now," Evan said driving into Ludo's street.

Ludo was ready to jump out of the car and run for her life.

"I see what you want to do. Don't even dare you will get yourself killed," Evan said looking for where to park. He drove slowly into the street avoiding alarming people. There was no one in sight.

Ludo looked around. She calculated the amount of time it could take her to run to the gate. If she could run faster, he wouldn't catch her and being that he was drank, she knew he couldn't catch her. Evan found a good parking spot and had concentrated his mind to it when he just saw the door open and Ludo was out of the car.

"Damn!" He shouted. "I don't even want to kill you. What's wrong with you?"

Ludo was on the ground. She quickly got up as fast as she fell and took off. She ran as fast as she could. All she prayed for was to reach the house and tell her parents everything regardless of the repercussions. She didn't even look back; her eyes were on the gate. She reached for it and opened it when she was grabbed by the hair and pulled back outside.

"You are making me angry girl," Evan dragged her.

"Help!" She screamed.

"Shut up. I didn't want to do anything to you but I need to teach you one lesson," Evan said furiously.

Ludo cried.

Evan dragged her back to the car.

"Please I won't say anything I swear don't do anything to me," she begged.

"Stay here," he let go of her and went to his car.

He got a knife from the car and walked to her while she begged him not to harm her. Ludo blinked her eyes repeatedly and saw a huge figure behind Evan standing fiercely. She opened her eyes widely in terror.

"What is it?" Evan turned around.

"The bearded man?" Ludo felt her heart pound even faster.

Evan was firmly gripped by his neck that he couldn't clearly see who it was, who had got hold him.

"Easy, Easy," Hunter said as he tightly squeezed Evan's neck with his firm arms.

"You're killing him," Ludo screamed.

"Young girl shut up," Hunter looked at Ludo angrily.

Evan fought back but his effort was in vain. He slowly lost conscious and fainted.

Seeing what had just happened, Ludo took off running again. This time, she made it to the gate and entered the house. She met her parents in the living preparing to leave the house as she panted heavily.

"What's wrong with you?" Zamiwe asked putting her phone in the handbag.

"Mom," Ludo hugged her.

"What is it?" Joe asked too. "Is there anyone chasing you?" He went to check outside.

Ludo's breathing interfered with her speaking. She couldn't get any word out clearly.

"Water!" She said. "I need water."

"Nancy!" Zamiwe shouted.

Nancy came in the living room with a glass of water and handed it over to her.

Ludo drunk the water rapidly.

"What is it?" Joe asked entering the house.

"Speak up we are going to the hospital," Zamiwe said impatiently.

"Hospital?" Ludo asked.

"Yes. Mr. Visashi was attacked this evening."

"Oh my God," Ludo dropped the glass of water on the floor. "Let's go," she stood up.

"Wait. What happened to you first?" Zamiwe held her hand.

"It can wait. Let's go to the hospital," Ludo ran to her father’s car and got in.

Zamiwe and Joe were astounded by Ludo's behaviour. They all followed her and found her in the backseat.

"Is everything fine with you?" Zamiwe asked.

Ludo didn't answer.

Joe started the car and left the compound.

Ludo checked through the window to see if Evan's car was still parked but it had vanished. She remembered what happened to Mr. Jabulani. Could the same fate have met Evan? She asked herself. That was not important at the moment. She was worried about Mr. Visashi. She had connected the dots. Seeing Ethan wiping his hands and talking about the mess he was taking care of. All the drama with Evan and Erica being upset with Ludo's manuscript. It all brought her back to Mr. Visashi; The second person from his wife Kate other than her parents to have approved the manuscript.

They reached the hospital and went to the waiting room where they found Kate weeping on her own. Zamiwe ran to her to comfort her.

"I didn't have anyone to call. Sorry to have bothered you," Kate told Zamiwe.

"It's fine dear. What are friends for?" Zamiwe comforted Kate.

Joe went to check on what was happening while Ludo stood like a statue feeling like her world was crashing down. She slowly walked to where Zamiwe and Kate had sat and sat beside them.

"What happened to your hand?" Zamiwe asked Ludo.

"Nothing!" Ludo answered.

Zamiwe looked at Ludo dubiously.

"What happened to Mr. Visashi?" Ludo looked at Kate.

"I found him badly beaten in his car," Kate sobbed.

They were all silent.

Joe came back with the doctor.

They all stood up.

"How is he doctor?" Kate asked.

"I have good and bad news," the doctor sighed.

"What is it?" Zamiwe asked.

"Good news is that he is still alive. Bad news is that we have medically induced a coma on him."

Kate knelt down and wailed.

Ludo knelt too and held Kate as she cried too.

"I know who did this," Kate said with anger in her voice.

To be continued
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 1:25am On Jul 26, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 14

© Brian Ngoma

(Unedited)

"How long will he be in the coma?" Kate asked the doctor.

"It depends on his progress and the nature of the injury. In your husband’s case, there is a swelling in his brain. If the swelling recedes, we will try to lighten up the coma to see if he can come back and see what his level of function is," the doctor responded.

"But according to your experience doc, how long can this take?"

"It can be a day, a week or months. Let's just have faith."

Kate despaired.

"Don't worry too much. We are doing our best," the doctor excused himself.

Kate went to where Ludo and her parents had sat. She told them everything the doctor had told her. Joe was optimistic that Kent would wake up in no time. Ludo was quiet lost in her thoughts.

"Young lady escort me outside," Zamiwe told Ludo after carefully observing her.

"Me?" Ludo looked at her mother.

"Of course, let's go."

Ludo and her mother walked outside. It was still night and only a few people could be spotted. They went to sit on a bench.

"What's happening with you?" Zamiwe asked.

"Nothing mum," Ludo answered.

"Don't play with me. I have noticed that lately you have become so mysterious its scaring me."

"You are just paranoid mom," Ludo chuckled.

Zamiwe looked at Ludo suspiciously.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Mom!" Ludo yelled.

"I'm just asking. With that friend of yours, you can be influenced."

"You hate Melanie that much?"

Zamiwe nodded.

"Don't worry I don't have a boyfriend."

"Then what was the fuss all about?"

"What?"

"The way you came into the house running?"

"Oh that!"

"Yeah."

"I was running from a dog," she laughed. "It came out from nowhere. Someone must have left the gate open for it to have entered."

"Zamiwe!" Joe called her.

"Let's go back inside," Zamiwe told Ludo.

"I'll join you," Ludo remained.

She watched her mother walk to her father as she contemplated on how they would react if they find out what was happening. Had it not been for Mr. Visashi been in the hospital, she would have told them but she couldn't. She checked her hand which was in bad shape. The pain reminded her of Evan and wondered what had happened to him bowing her head.

"Don't scream," Hunter said standing in front of Ludo.

Ludo looked up and held her mouth.

"I'm not here to harm you but talk," he sat down beside her.

Ludo shifted nervously on the bench.

"How did you know where to find me?" Ludo asked looking around.

"I followed you."

"What did you do to Evan?"

"Nothing yet. I need your help."

"Me?"

"Yes young girl."

Hunter looked around and saw two security guards looking at them while smoking. He didn't feel comfortable talking with Ludo on the bench.

"Let's go to the car," he suggested.

"Hell No, I'm not going anywhere with you," Ludo refused.

Hunter didn't know what to do but sit and talk from the bench.

"Okay so I have his car parked outside with him in it. I can't do anything to him yet. I need him alive and back at his place."

"He's still alive?" Ludo asked.

"Yes. That's where you come in now."

Ludo was confused.

"You need to take him back. I have given him something that will make him wake up in the morning and when he does, he needs to find you by his side."

"Wait ... Wait .... Wait... Why am I even listening to you right now? I don't even know you. I don't know what you want from me. You killed a man in front of my eyes. What makes you think I can help you?"

"You have something I want and you need my protection from this people."

"I can protect myself."

"You couldn't when I came to your aid. Whatever he was about to do to you, he could have done it if it wasn't for me."

Ludo got quiet.

"You see? You need me."

"I have given them the last copy of the manuscript I had," Ludo said. "What's your deal with the Hamuumbu's?"

"None of your business."

"How am I supposed to help you if you don't tell me?"

"You need to take him home otherwise it will be on you if he doesn't return. You left with him and if anything happens to him, they will come at you with everything they have."

Ludo felt a chill down her spine.

"Here are the keys. Take him home," Hunter threw the car keys in Ludo's hands.

Hunter started walking away from Ludo.

"Hey wait...!" She stopped him.

He stood without looking back.

"What should call you?"

"Hunter."

Ludo went back to her parents and told them she had to leave.

"There is a cab outside waiting for me," she said.

"You cannot go alone, it’s still dark and dangerous," Joe said.

"I can take care of myself dad," Ludo smiled.

"Let's go together," Zamiwe said.

"No mom. You stay. Mrs. V needs you."

"Joe take her," Zamiwe added.

"No I will go on my own you will find me home. I'm tired I need to sleep. I'll call you once I get home."

Ludo said goodbye to Kate and went to Evans car. Like Hunter had said, Evan was knocked out cold busy snoring. Ludo drove the car to Evans house and parked it outside. She didn't want to alarm anyone. She just closed the doors and windows of the car and closed her eyes waiting for sun rise.

Hunter was confused with what Ludo told him about giving the Hamuumbu's the last copy of the manuscript. For a moment, he felt the way he felt when Hilary stabbed him in the back. He was close but she had to fall in love with Evan and jeopardised the plan. Having Evan in his grip was everything he ever needed but he couldn't kill him yet. He was aware that, that would have put Ludo in arms way.

"My business is with the old man and since what I thought I could use is no more, its high time I make my move," Hunter thought to himself as he drove his car into his compound.

Parking the car, he noticed something was not right. The living room light was on and he always left it off. Who could have entered his house fearlessly? He wondered. He walked to the door and found it unlocked. Whoever it was, had the guts to enter the devils den. Hunter got in and found Naveen sited on the sofa.

"I have been waiting for you for two hours now," Naveen said getting up.

"What are you doing here?" Hunter asked.

"Don't you greet old friends Hunter?" Naveen answered. "I know the last job we did together was a mess and I take responsibility. That's the reason I had to leave the country. Things had to cool down. Where is Hilary by the way?"

"She's dead."

Naveen’s eyes widened.

"What?"

"Yea. I killed her. That's what I do to people who betray me."

"I never betrayed you man. Things just took a twist of turn and I couldn't handle being on the spotlight."

"We had a deal Naveen."

"Yea I know Hunter."

"A simple deal. We were both using Hilary for our good. I needed to get to the old man and you wanted to find out their business loopholes. As simple as that but when things went south, you couldn't hesitate to run."

"Don't make it sound like that man," Naveen said sweating.

Hunter's face was like that of a hungry lion.

"Let's finish it now. As it is now, I have secured two important people from Triple E group of companies. Mr. Jackson from Bank of Zambia and Mpundu from Mpundu Estates. I have made them weak and they are probably fighting and confused about it. It’s the right time to attack."

"Why should I trust you now?" Hunter asked.

"Because I have all the necessary weapons to take them down."

"I don't want to take anyone down I just want a faceoff with the old man."

"You will never get to the old man. What's your obsession with him anyway?"

Hunter looked at the photo of a girl on the table.

"This time we are doing things my way," Hunter looked at Naveen.

"Well there is one thing."

"What is it?"

"I know you have been looking for a manuscript."

Hunters eyes glowed.

"Yes," he said.

"I have it."

"What?"

"Yes and I can give it to you."

"That doesn't sound like all."

"Yes. I will give you on one condition."

"What is that?"

"You have to kill the girl who wrote it."

"Ludo?" Hunter asked surprised.

"Yes."

Evan opened his eyes to the sun rays while stretching himself and yawning. He felt his neck hurt and whined. He looked at where he was; The backseat of his car. He sat upright and saw that his car was parked outside his house. Surprised, he checked for his phone in the pocket and found it. He couldn't remember what happened. All he remembered was taking Ludo to her place. His memory was blurred.

"Morning," Ludo said from the front seat.

Evan was startled.

"What are you doing here?" Evan asked.

"I was waiting for you to wake up," Ludo answered.

"How did I get here?"

"I brought you home."

Evan was surprised. He tried to remember anything from the previous night but his memory failed him.

"You were too drunk to drive I had to drive you back here," Ludo said. "Let's get inside I have to get what's left of my laptop," Ludo started the car.

Evan was in shock and embarrassed of himself. Nothing like that had ever happened to him.

Ludo drove into the yard where they found Elise and Erica about to leave the house.

"Why is she driving your car?" Erica asked Evan.

"I brought him back. He was very drank last night," Ludo answered looking at Elise.

"Is that true?" Elise asked Evan.

Evan didn't answer.

"Mom she doesn't have to be here," Erica said.

"I come in peace Jezebel," Ludo rolled her eyes.

It was like Erica's opportunity to get her hands on Ludo was presented. She jumped on Ludo and grabbed her by the hair like a mantis and threw her on the ground. Evan quickly grabbed Erica and separated her from Ludo.

"I have had enough of this," Ludo yelled getting on her feet. "I came for my laptop but I'm leaving now. If you want stop me or kill me," Ludo left the compound while Elise, Erica and Evan watched her.

Also watching her was Ethan from the window. He watched the whole scene with Erica and nodded his head.

"Girl got some guts," He turned around and faced his father on the wheelchair.

Ludo reached home and went directly to her bedroom. She reached for the drawers and got the first laptop she had before the one her father bought her. She turned it on and went in documents. She found the other copy of her manuscript she had backed up. She was fed up with how she was being treated.

"If they wanted to kill me, they would have killed me by now. Mr. Bearded man, where can I find you?" She said thoughtful.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/blood-lives-here
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 15

© Brian Ngoma

(Unedited)

Kate was by her husband’s bedside. She had cried enough and was feeling weak. She was glad he was still alive but not knowing when he would wake up broke her heart. She didn't have much sleep and didn't eat anything. Zamiwe came in the room and told her that there was a policeman looking for her. She declined saying she couldn't talk to him at the moment.

"I told you everything. Just tell him what I said. There is nothing more," Kate said exhausted.

"Are you sure?" Zamiwe asked.

"Yes."

"Ok."

"Thanks Zamiwe."

Kate knew Kent’s attack was no ordinary attack. Ever since he got Ludo's manuscript, things had changed in their lives. Even though Kent didn't tell her much, she noticed how nervous he would be. She was determined to get to the bottom of whatever was happening, but how? Was her big question.

She paced around the room while looking at the unconscious Kent and tried to complete a puzzle in her head. She remembered the phone call he made and was very scared.

"He said he had met Brains from Ludo's book," she thought out loudly. "After that, Ludo went missing and came back with Melanie."

She had long suspected Melanie. She only needed to confirm her doubts about Melanie. She walked to Kent’s bed and knelt.

"I know you said I shouldn't pursue this; That these people are dangerous but look what they have done to you. I just can't sit and do nothing. I have to find out who they are," she wiped a tear.

She got up and went to the doctor’s office and told him she had to go home and freshen up and get Kent’s clothes in case he woke up.

"Take your time, he's in safe hands. If anything, we'll call you," the doctor said.

She went to the waiting room and found Zamiwe sited alone.

"Where is Joe?" She asked her.

"He had to go," Zamiwe answered. "You know these businesses."

"Let's go, I'm sure you are tired," Kate told Zamiwe.

Zamiwe was surprised. Looking at Kate, one could tell that something was going on with her.

"Someone has to remain here," Zamiwe said.

"Don't worry. With the money Kent’s company is paying this hospital, they will take care of him."

Zamiwe and Kent left the hospital together but went separate ways when they got in town. Kate didn't go home. She went to Kent’s company. She walked into Kent’s office without even saying a word to the secretary. She checked the drawers and the table for anything that could be of any help in identifying the so called notorious family but didn't find anything.

"Can I help you madam?" Kent’s secretary asked standing at the door.

"I don't think so," Kate answered tired.

"It's really sad, what happened to your husband."

"The world is cruel,' Kate sighed and went on. "There is a man who came here sometime back. I'm sure you hadn't seen him before and so didn't my husband. He called himself Brains."

Kent’s secretary thought for a while.

"Hmm I don't remember."

"He didn't have an appointment with my husband."

"A lot of people come here with no appointments madam."

Kate reached her end. She had nothing to confirm her suspicions but Melanie. Even her suspicions on Melanie were not as solid and she didn't know how it could link to her husband’s attack. She sank in the chair and sighed in defeat.

"There is a man who came here not too long ago though," the secretary said.

"Go on," Kate said interested.

"He seemed sophisticated. Intelligent. Confident."

"Don't you have anything on him?"

"No. Not really. He didn't have an appointment but I think he wanted a manuscript."

Kate got up from the chair.

"Say what?"

The secretary got scared with Kates reaction.

"Yes. He wanted a manuscript but I don't know which one. I think he might have given it to Mr. Visashi and probably got upset because it wasn't being reviewed."

"That's him," Kate murmured.

"Pardon me."

"No its fine."

The secretary wanted to leave the office and Kate stopped her.

"A girl brought in a manuscript sometime before this 'sophisticated man' came."

"In the past month, we've only had one girl who brought a manuscript here."

"Ludo," Kate said.

"Yes that girl. Your husband said she was sick and her work was trash."

"Yea she is. Apart from my husband and obviously you, who else had access to that manuscript?" Kate asked with searching eyes.

The secretary got nervous. Kate observed and knew that someone had gotten their hands on the copy of it.

"My husband is in the hospital because of that manuscript," Kate said sympathetically.

"It's only him madam," The secretary said unconvincingly.

Kate was reminded of her pupils when they were not telling the truth. They would be biting their nails and fidgeting. That was exactly what the secretary was doing.

"Isn't my husband your friend?" Kate asked.

The secretary nodded.

"Help me help him," Kate asked.

"I can lose my job madam."

"I'll make sure you won't I promise," Kate walked to the secretary.

"It’s his friend Mr. O'Brien who got the other copy."

"O'Brien?"

"Yes madam."

"Okay thank you for your help. I'm leaving now."

"I wish your husband a quick recovery."

"Thank you," Kate left the office.

She went home and got Kent’s phone and searched for O'Brien's number. She just couldn't get why O'Brien would need the copy of the manuscript. She dialled his number and it rang. Immediately after answering, O'Brien sympathized with Kate and told her that he was going to be at the hospital after work. She let him talk and asked him a question he didn't expect.

"What is the name of the family claiming Ludo's book is about them?"

O'Brien was shocked.

"Sister in law, I don't know anything about that."

"O'Brien, Kent is your best friend and I know you got the manuscript from his secretary. He's in the hospital because of what you did. The only thing you can do for him now is tell me the name of the family."

O'Brien didn't think about all that. He was in shock and to think that he almost got his friend killed because of money was devastating.

"Name of the family please?"

"The Hamuumbu's," O'Brien answered ashamed.

"Which Hamuumbu's?"

"The Hamuumbu's who own Triple E group of companies. Nalishuwa Hamuumbu is the one who started the company."

Kate had no clue which family O'Brien was talking about. She knew she had to do some research.

"Okay but I know they got the manuscript from Kent. So who did you give the other one to?"

"I don't know the person. I'm sorry. Are you going to the police?"

"No. Not yet. I have to know these people. Thank you O'Brien but think about what you did to your friend," she hang up her cell.

She went in Kent's small library and turned on the computer. She sighed before opening a search engine. She knew she had to start from scratch because she had no idea what kind of people she was dealing with.

Zamiwe got home and found Ludo in the kitchen with Nancy talking and laughing.

"You didn't call us when you got home, I was worriedly sick."

"Mom I'm here," Ludo said. "Safe and sound."

Nancy excused herself and went outside to wash some clothes.

"Your father and I are worried about your recent behaviour."

"I'm fine mom."

"Have you been taking your meds?"

"How can I forget?"

"Good."

"How's Mrs. V?"

"She seems fine but I know she's not. She was acting strange today. I don't know."

"How strange?"

"I don't know. She's probably just in shock," Zamiwe stood by the kitchen sink. "Although I can't stop thinking about what she meant when she said she knows who did that to her husband."

"You also heard that?" Ludo asked.

"Of course I did. I was an inch away from her."

Ludo had forgotten about those words.

"You should have your hand checked out," Zamiwe said looking at Ludo's hand.

"It's fine," Ludo said.

Nancy came back in the house and stood like a pole not knowing how to say what she wanted to say.

"What is it?" Zamiwe asked.

Nancy looked at Ludo.

"There is a man outside looking for Ludo."

Ludo and her mother quickly peeped through the kitchen window and saw him.

"Isn't that your friend’s boyfriend?" Zamiwe looked at Ludo.

"Yes that's Evan," she answered.

"What is he doing here?"

"I'm sure he's having problems with Melanie."

"But couldn't he have called?"

"I don't know mom. Let me find out what he wants," Ludo left the kitchen.

As she walked to Evan, he watched her with a straight face. She didn't know what he wanted from her because she didn't want anything to do with his family.

"What do you want here Evan?" She asked him. "Have you come to kill me?"

Evan didn't answer her.

"You have now turned mute. What does your mother want now?"

"I'm not here for my mother," Evan responded.

"That's strange. What is it?"

"Can we talk in my car?"

"We can talk from here Evan," Ludo replied.

"If that's what you want. I came to say thank you for what you did last night. Any person, especially a girl could have left me. I could have been robbed or probably killed," Evan said.

Ludo was quiet.

"No one has done something like that for me. That's why I came here to say thank you."

"Whatever," Ludo said. "You can leave now and tell your family to leave me alone with my family. You people got what you wanted from me. Please leave me alone. I will never tell a soul about you people."

"I also apologise for what Erica did to you this morning," Evan added.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

"Okay I have heard your apology and whatever that other thing was. You may leave now. I hope to never see you again Evan," Ludo walked away from Evan.

At the door, she bumped into Nancy who apparently was eavesdropping.

"Why were you treating him like that?" Nancy asked.

"You feel sorry for him?" Ludo asked.

"Yes, he seems nice."

"You just don't know what you're talking about. That man is evil."

"Evil?"

"Never mind," Ludo joined her mother in the kitchen.

"What did he want?"

"He wants me to talk to Melanie for him," Ludo answered.

"Is that so? He could have called."

"He called but I didn't see his calls. Go freshen up mom you stink," Ludo laughed.

"Get out of here," Zamiwe said leaving the kitchen.

"And mom, I'm going to see Mrs. V."

"Don't you ever get tired of moving around?"

"Mom I'll be back early."

Naveen sat right across his father. Unlike many children who were free with their parents, Naveen was never free with his father. With the recent mess he made, he was determined to make it right and he was doing good since his return.

"I talked to him. He's in," Naveen said.

"Are you sure?" His father asked.

"Yes very sure."

"And the girl?"

"He will kill her."

"He better, she's a distraction."

Ludo reached Kate's house and knocked. Kate didn't open the door despite evidence that she was inside. Ludo knocked even more to no avail. She sat on the veranda and waited a little bit more. She had carried her laptop with her. She played with it for a while and saw it was getting late. She felt bad for Mrs. V. She knew everything was her fault and could only hope for a day to tell her that she was sorry. Ludo left and headed back home with a heavy heart.

Hunter sat outside Ludo's house in his car thinking about Naveen’s proposal. He really wanted the manuscript and being offered like that was an opportunity. An opportunity that came with shading blood. He thought back to the day he met Ludo and how she had a seizure on him and how scared she was. Killing Hilary was easy but there was something about Ludo. Hunter knew she didn't belong in his world like Hilary did. How she got herself into it, he didn't know but only knew about the manuscript.

"Just one soul," he thought looking at his sharpened knife.

He saw a car enter Ludo's compound. It was the same car he had followed to the hospital. He knew it was Ludo's father. He was tired of waiting and wanted to leave when he saw Ludo walking alone with a backpack. His heart skipped. He grabbed the knife and got out of his car. He looked around and didn't see anyone in sight. Ludo saw him coming to her and identified him.

"Hunter!" She yelled. "Just the man I was looking for."

Hunter stopped and looked around.

"Is this a trap?" He asked himself.

"I have something for you," she reached where he was standing.

Hunter hid the knife.

"Can we go to your car? Is it that one parked there?" Ludo walked to the car leaving Hunter surprised to what was happening.

Hunter discerned that Ludo was no longer scared of him. It was obvious she had known he was on her side. He walked behind her. He saw her open the door and entered his car.

"So what do you have?" He asked.

"I have the manuscript."

"I thought you gave away the last copy."

"It's here," she pointed at the backpack.

"Let me see."

Ludo removed the laptop from the backpack and gave it to Hunter."

Hunter confirmed the manuscript.

"I don't want anything to do with this family. Whatever beef you have with them, I hope you sort it out."

Hunter looked at Ludo still surprised. She seemed different.

"Why?"

"I'm sick and tired of them, especially that LovePeddler of a woman Jezebel."

"There is more," Hunter said. "Obviously."

"Yes they hurt my friend. He's now in a coma. I hope you deal with them accordingly. Don't you have a flash drive; I need to go. My parents are waiting for me."

Hunter transferred the document into his flash drive.

Ludo put back the laptop in the bag and opened the door.

"Wait," Hunter stopped her.

"What?"

"I still need your help."

"I thought I have done that."

"You know these people. You can get into their house and trust me, they won't let you off the hook just like that. You know too much."

"I don't want anything to do with them."

"That's not your decision to make. It’s either they will let you out alive or dead."

Fear creeped in.

"They can't. I told them off this morning."

"I know them trust me. I can protect you and your family."

Ludo thought about her mother and father. She agreed with Hunters words that she was in too deep to be let go. It wasn't her decision to get out but it was Elise's. One person was already hurt and more could be hurt if nothing would be done.

"What do you propose?" Ludo looked at Hunter.

"Are you in?" He asked.

"Tell me."

"It's late you have to go but think about this words," Hunter handed her a piece of paper.

Ludo looked at the paper and said, "This is an address."

"Not those words."

"Which words Mr. Bearded man?" Ludo asked.

"To betray, you have to belong," Hunter said.

To be continued
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 11:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 16

© Brian Ngoma

Hunter knew all too well that every decision comes with its consequences. He made a deal with the Patel's to get rid of Ludo but he didn't hold his end of the bargain. Despite this, Hunter was no man to be intimidated by the Patel's. As a matter of fact, they were out of the picture for him because he had finally got what he sought; The manuscript. As soon as he got home, he printed the whole thing out and went into his carnage backyard and treated himself to some reading. He never remembered when he had read like that but he was determined to finish the whole thing.

Dawn came. Hunter was done. His eyes were even more darker than ever. He threw the manuscript on the floor disappointedly. What he was looking for, he didn't find. One thing peculiar about the manuscript was that it talked more about everyone but the only person Hunter was after; Nalishuwa Hamuumbu. He got up and felt his legs, back and neck ache like he had run a marathon. He felt dizzy and sat back in his chair. He looked at the manuscript again and nodded his head. He thought about the amount of time he had wasted reading it.

"It wasn't all that bad," he sighed. "What did I expect? It’s just a book," he touched his head.

He gathered some strength and stood up. He went to the main house and cleaned up. He had even forgotten about his phone which he left in the living room the previous night. He got it and found several missed calls from Naveen. He cleared the notifications panel and threw the phone on the couch. No sooner had it hit the cushion, than it rang. He picked it up again and answered.

"Hello friend," Naveen said chewing something.

"Yes Naveen," Hunter put the phone on speaker.

"Did you do it?"

Hunter was silent.

"Did you?"

"Yes I did it," Hunter lied.

"I knew I could trust you. I'll send the manuscript over. You have done me a great favour man, it's a win win kind of thing. I'll get what I want and you'll also get justice for whatever it is you are seeking."

Hunter chuckled.

"Bye then old friend. Keep in touch."

Whatever the Patel's were planning, it was big. Hunter could tell from Naveen's voice and it seemed like Ludo's elimination was the first step. He thought about what great danger Ludo was in and she was also a very important accessory to his plan. Not finding what he needed to find in the manuscript, he needed her more than ever because she was the only one he knew close enough to the Hamuumbu's.

Ludo woke up to her parent's voices which seemed like they were arguing. It had been a while since they argued. For some days it had felt like things were back to normal but judging from the angry voices, everything was still the same. She got out of bed and went to take a shower hoping the argument would end but with each minute, it escalated. Ludo decided to intervene. She went to their bedroom door and knocked.

"What is it?" Joe yelled and went on. "Who is there?"

Ludo didn't know what to say but just stood still at the door. She sat on the door for some minutes while her parents were still at it. She heard the door knob turn and stood up. Her father had opened it and was standing there with a suitcase.

"Dad what is it?" Ludo asked feeling her heart pound.

Joe bowed his head.

"Where are you going?" Ludo inquired.

"Business as usual Ludo. I'll be back soon."

"This doesn't seem like a business trip dad."

"It is," Joe kissed Ludo on the forehead and left.

Ludo entered the bedroom and found Zamiwe on the bed wiping tears. She walked to the bed and sat beside her.

"What is it mum?" Ludo asked.

"It's nothing Sweetie," Zamiwe replied. "How did you sleep?" Zamiwe asked changing the topic.

"I slept just fine till you guys woke me up. What was that all about?"

"Don't worry about it it's nothing."

"Did dad just move out?" Ludo asked her mother hoping for a no.

"Yes," Zamiwe broke down.

Ludo moved closer to her mother and consoled her. She wasn't surprised. She knew this day would come because her parents were only good at arguing. It was like arguing was the only thing that kept them together.

"He's coming back, isn't he?" Zamiwe asked Ludo. "He can leave me but he cannot leave you."

"He always comes back, he will," Ludo answered.

She left her mother in the bedroom and went to prepare breakfast for the both of them. Nancy had not reported and Ludo wondered what had happened because Nancy never missed a single day at work. She had breakfast with her mother in bed. The two talked, joked and caught up. Ludo only wished she could tell her what was happening.

"Let's visit Mrs. V," Zamiwe said. "I'm not going to work today and you obviously have nothing to do."

Ludo nodded.

"By the way, did Mr. V get back to you about your manuscript?"

"No he didn't. These things take time mom."

"Okay, go in your room and prepare."

Ludo and her mother went to the hospital but didn't find Kate. They talked to the doctor and were told Mr. V's condition had not changed but he was still stable.

"You said you visited Kate yesterday, did you find her home?" Zamiwe asked after the doctor had left.

"No I didn't. I knocked on her door but she didn't come out. I could tell that she was inside. I think she just needed time alone."

"Perhaps but I'm worried about her. Go and check on her again. I'll remain here."

"Mum with this heat?" Ludo complained.

"Just go."

Ludo went to Kate's house. This time, she found the yard had been cleaned thoroughly. She felt relieved and knew that Kate was fine. She walked to the door and knocked but there was no response like the previous day. She checked the key hole and saw that there were no keys and the door was locked. She called her mother and asked if Kate had reached the hospital but her mother confirmed that she hadn't.

"Maybe she has gone to school," Ludo told her mother over the phone.

"Maybe. Come back here we stay for a while and go back home."

"Alright mum. On my way."

"Don't take took long, i don't like hospitals."

"I won't."

Sited at the reception of Triple E group of companies headquarters was Kate with her shades on reading a magazine about the company. Looking at how busy people were, Kate could tell that this was definitely a company not to mess with. From the magazine, Triple E group of companies had their hands in almost every business; Real Estates, Hotel and Lodge Management, Transportation, Clothing, Motors and Electronics just to mention a few. She was regretting ever going there because she knew she stood no chance at all with these people. She stood up and headed for the door. As she was about to reach the exit, she saw Elise and Erica walking towards her, she quickly turned around avoiding their eyes. She recognized them because she had done her research. In the little time she got some information from O'Brien, she knew everything about the family that was public and nothing pointed crime to them. They were protected and that was dangerous, Kate thought to herself.

She stood still as Erica and Elise passed her and stood some meters away from her. She wanted to walk away but Erica mentioned Ludo's name in their conversation which caught Kate's attention.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on Ludo," Elise warned Erica. "What you did was enough."

"I wonder why you're even protecting her. You even know what damage she's bringing to us," Erica said. "If we are not careful, our enemies will attack when we least expect it and don't you forget that Naveen is in the country."

"Enough, I'm aware of all that. Ethan will take care of Naveen."

"Mom!" Erica touched her mouth.

"Don't worry, he won't be killed but will be dealt with accordingly if he tries to mess with us."

Erica got worried knowing what her elder brother was capable of.

"You still have feelings for Naveen??"

"I love Jean."

"Are you sure? Isn't Jean someone who just makes you forget about the world you are in?"

Erica didn't answer.

"I need to work. Go work as well," Elise told Erica.

"Whatever," Erica left Elise standing.

Elise noticed that someone was staring at them and eavesdropping to their conversation.

"Excuse me!" Elise shouted looking at Kate.

Kate dropped the magazine in fear. She quickly walked to the exit door and got out without looking back.

"Security!" Elise shouted.

Kate ran as fast as possible. The heels she wore fell of. She felt like someone was following her. As soon as she got outside the fence, she stopped a taxi and got on it and told the driver to step on it. Immediately the taxi started moving, a man came out of Triple E premises running and looked around. He then went back inside.

"So Ludo is also caught up with them. They found her. Poor girl," Kate thought out loudly panting heavily.

"Pardon," The cab driver said.

"Oh sorry, I'm just thinking out loud," she checked if there was a car following them.

"You keep checking behind. No one is following us. That man went back inside. What did you do? Am i helping a thief?" The driver laughed.

"No," Kate laughed too concealing her nerves. "I went to check on my husband. I suspected he was cheating on me."

"Ohh that's a relief because from what i hear, the owners of that company are not people to mess with me. Anyway you are safe no one is following us and i hope your husband is not cheating on you."

Kate exhaled and smiled. Ludo was her next mission. She needed to find out what was happening with her and she was determined to find out that same evening.

Ludo reached town and was passing through some boutiques and thought about Melanie. She hadn't heard from her for days now. It was true she didn't like her but she missed her annoying ass. Walking slowly, she felt someone following her. She turned around but couldn't see anyone she knew. She started walking again this time, faster. She felt a hand on her hand.

"Easy," Evan stopped her.

Ludo turned around and was surprised.

"Are you following me?" She asked him.

"No NO No," he answered defensively. "I was in that boutique and saw you. I came for my suits."

"Oh that's good. Bye then!"

"Wait," he held her hand again.

"Stop it with that!" She pointed at him.

"I'm sorry. Grab a coffee with me," he told her.

"I don't like coffee and I'm busy," she said.

"Ice cream then."

"I said I'm busy and aren't you supposed to be at work killing people or something?"

A few passers-by’s looked at the two in shock but they just thought it was sarcasm at play.

"Today is my cheat day and I feel like I didn't say thank you enough for what you did for me that night and this coincidence hmmm," Evan smiled and went on. "Please let's have ice cream, please," he begged her.

Ludo looked at her watch and said, "NO."

Evan's face turned sad.

"Sorry but I have to go," Ludo started off.

As she walked in the streets she saw a tall dark man wearing an all-black suit and thought of Hunter. Hunters words then lingered in her head;

TO BETRAY, YOU HAVE TO BELONG

She quickly turned around and ran back to Evan. She found him about to enter the boutique.

"Hey you," she called him.

Evan turned around and smiled at Ludo.

"Change of heart?" He asked.

"Not really, I have just realised that I have free thirty minutes before i get to where I'm going."

Evan laughed and told her to wait for him at the counter as he got his suits. They went to the nearest eatery and ordered some ice cream. What was supposed to be a thirty-minute friendly date, turned to hours. Ludo looked at Evan and thought to herself why he was referred to as Brains, he was really intelligent. The way he talked and argued. He wasn't that bad after all, she told herself.

"Snap out of it," she said out loudly.

"Excuse me," Evan said.

"It's nothing, I have to get going now," Ludo stood up. "Thank you for the ice cream," she smiled at him.

"Let me take you home," he also stood up.

"No I'm fine. As a matter of fact, I'm not going home I'm going to the hos......" She stopped realising she wanted to tell an enemy about Mr. V.

"Where are you going?" Evan asked. "I can take you there."

Ludo refused for Evan to drive her. They left the eatery together and Evan kept insisting to drive her.

"No. Bye Evan," she turned around and bumped into Melanie.

"So this is what you have been doing to me Ludo?" A teary Melanie asked. "I thought you were my friend.

"Melanie!" Ludo blared. "Where did you come from? This is not what it looks like," Ludo said.

"I saw how you guys were talking to each other. I was watching you."

"Where you following us?" Evan touched Melanie's shoulder.

"I'm not talking to you Evan," Melanie removed Evan's hand from her shoulder.

"We just bumped into each other and we were talking about you, isn't that right Evan?" Ludo looked at Evan.

Evan cringed.

"You see?" Ludo told Melanie.

"Is that true Evan?" Melanie turned around.

Evan didn't answer but looked at Ludo expressionless.

"Don't play with Ludo. Her boyfriend will kill you, he's fierce."

"Boyfriend?" Ludo asked.

"Yes that bearded guy," Melanie answered. "Isn't that your boyfriend? You forgot you told me that."

Evan's face read shocked.

"Bearded guy?" Evan asked.

Ludo didn't answer.

"Yes," Melanie answered. "He's fiercely handsome and you wouldn't stand a chance against him," she frowned.

"I'm leaving now," Ludo left feeling her heart out of place.

What if Evan had remembered what happened that night? She reached for her phone and went into her address book and found Hunter's address. She got into the taxi and went to his place. She got to Hunter's place around 6pm. She found the gate unlocked. She entered and forgot to push it back. She reached the main door and knocked. There was total darkness but she wasn't afraid. A curtain flipped. Some seconds later, the door opened. Ludo entered and found herself in the living room.

"What do you want?" Hunter asked in the dark.

"We might have a problem," Ludo answered looking for a light switch.

"Just find a seat young girl," Hunter growled.

"I can't see."

"That's the all the purpose."

"I'm leaving if you are not switching on the lights," Ludo said.

"Are you telling me you came all the way here to go back because there are no lights?"

"Yes," Ludo headed for the door and opened it.

"Wait. Come back here, sit down," Hunter switched on the lights.

Ludo left the door and went to sit down.

"What is it?" Hunter asked her looking away.

"I said we might have a problem," Ludo answered.

"Ludo what is happening here?" Kate asked standing at the door. "Who is this man?" She pointed at Hunter.

Hunter quickly got up startled and angrily looked at Ludo, then Kate and then back at Ludo. His eyes burned with Betrayal as he clenched his fists and his eyes turned dark as night.

To be continued

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Ann2012(f): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2019
Well done OP
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Doubra12(m): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nice story,pls update

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 17

© Brian Ngoma

After Kate had escaped from Triple E group of companies successfully. She went to the hospital and found Zamiwe tending to her husband. Looking at Kent laying unconsciously on the hospital bed made her angry. She wanted to do something about what happened to him but thinking about the power and influence of the people she suspected, she couldn't do anything on her own.

"Hello Kate, we were worried about you," Zamiwe said and went on. "Ludo came to your house twice and she didn't find you. Is everything fine?"

"Everything is fine thanks. I had to go to school to get a leave," Kate answered. "I have seen that I can't manage working while my husband is here. I have to be here too."

Zamiwe was quiet. She felt for Kate. She even pitied her. She thought she had bigger problems with her husband leaving her but Kate had even bigger problems than her. Not knowing when her husband would wake up from the coma was worse than not knowing when Joe would return.

"Where is Ludo?" Kate asked.

"She went to your house. She's supposed to be back. I talked to her, she told me she's on her way," Zamiwe responded.

"Where could she be now?" Kate asked.

"Ludo can be anywhere," Zamiwe laughed.

"I have to go," Kate stood up.

Zamiwe was surprised.

"Where? You just got here."

"I know but you can go. I'll be back later. Thanks for everything Zamiwe," Kate said closing the door.

Zamiwe didn't know what to make of what had just happened.

Kate walked outside to the taxi she had come with. She got in it and told the driver to drive.

"To where madam?"

"Town," Kate answered.

As the car was moving, Kate couldn't stop thinking about what she had heard earlier that day from Elise and Erica. Knowing everything that had happened the past days concerning the manuscript, she had a feeling that Ludo was in too deep with these people. It explained everything that was happening to Ludo especially that day she went missing and appeared with Melanie.

"Stop!" She yelled at the taxi driver.

"I cannot stop here madam. I'm in the middle of traffic."

"Let me get out. Park where I could see you. I have seen someone I know," she got out of the car.

Kate had seen Melanie walking sadly and looked miserable. She trailed her. After following her for about ten minutes, Melanie stopped. Kate observed her from a distance. She could tell that Melanie was looking at someone and didn't want to be seen. Kate wanted to see who or what Melanie was looking at. At first, all she saw were strangers eating and talking in a restaurant. Could she be hungry? Kate asked herself because she couldn't put together why Melanie was looking at people eating. She wanted to walk to Melanie when she saw Ludo and a well-dressed gentleman walking out of the eatery talking and laughing. Kate kept her distance. She then saw Melanie walk to them in the parking square. Despite not hearing what they were talking about, Kate could tell that Melanie was upset. She saw Ludo leaving the gentleman and Melanie. She was curious who that gentleman was but her focus was Ludo. She followed Ludo and saw her get into the cab. She got her phone and called the driver who had brought her.

"Where are you?" She asked him.

"Behind you."

Kate turned around and went to the car.

"Let's go. Hurry!"

"Wait. Why do you do everything in a hurry?"

"Don't question me."

"Your life seems like a movie."

"Follow that car."

The driver laughed as she stepped on the accelerator.

Kate and the driver watched Ludo from the car as she opened Hunter's gate and entered.

"Wait here!" Kate told the driver.

"My money madam. You might not come out," he joked.

Kate got a K200 from her purse and handed it over to him. "Here you are."

Kate walked to the gate while looking over her shoulder. She reached the gate and found it open. She entered and saw Ludo entering the house. She slowly walked to the door praying and hoping that there were no dogs in the compound. As she reached the door, she heard Ludo's voice from the inside with another husky voice of a man. She went to the door and pressed her ear on it to listen to the conversation. The door was opened. Kate stepped backwards and leaned against the wall. She saw Ludo at the door. Ludo didn't see her because she just stood and was talking with the man inside. After some seconds, Ludo left the door only pushing it slightly leaving it open. Kate saw an opportunity to enter. She didn't even think of what might happen.

"Ludo I asked you a question, who is this man?" Kate asked as she stood at the door.

Ludo didn't know what to say but shook. She looked at Hunter.

Hunter's eyes were fixed on the shaky Ludo. Ludo could see through His eyes that he was furious. She didn't know how to explain the fact that she had been followed by Mrs. V.

"Who is this woman?" Hunter asked Ludo. "What is she doing in my house?"

"I can explain," Ludo replied. "Mrs. V what are you doing here?" She looked at Kate.

"You should be telling me what the hell you are doing here with this man not the other way round," Kate said. "Does your mother even know you're here."

"Woman shut up!" Hunter yelled as he walked towards Kate.

Ludo stood in his way.

"She's a friend please," Ludo begged.

Kate stepped backwards.

"I don't like her," Hunter said. "She's trespassing."

"Ludo," Kate called.

"What Mrs. V?"

"Who is this man?" Kate asked scared.

"I'll explain later Mrs. V." Ludo turned her attention to Hunter. "Can I talk to her in private?" She asked Hunter. "Please."

Hunter looked at Kate suspiciously and slammed his eyes shut leaving them.

"Mrs. V, what the hell?" Ludo asked as they were left alone.

"Explain to me what you're doing here. And that man Ludo, he's scary, did you see his eyes?" Kate asked looking at the room Hunter had entered.

"I'm used to those eyes," Ludo joked. "What are you doing here?"

"I followed you."

"Why?"

Kate was quiet.

"Why Mrs. V?"

Kate gulped and answered, "I don't know but I think you might be involved with the people who tried to kill my husband."

Ludo's eyes widely opened.

"I'm not saying you are working with them," Kate clarified.

"Then what are you saying?" Ludo asked.

"The Hamuumbu's?"

Ludo knew that Kate knew everything and it was time to come clean.

"What do you know about the Hamuumbu’s?" Ludo asked.

Kate told Ludo everything she knew about the Hamuumbu’s. She also told her about the manuscript and her involvement with them. Ludo was surprised. All along she thought, she had played everyone but here was Kate, who knew everything or at least suspected everything from the word go.

"It’s true," Ludo sighed. "I was scared to tell anyone about it because I might have put them in danger."

"You could have talked to me."

Ludo looked at Kate.

"Oh I understand. You were scared. So what now? What's the deal with that man?" Kate asked.

"That man there, is the key for us to get out of this mess alive."

Kate was silenced.

"Hunter!" Ludo called him.

Hunter came out of the room with the same expression he left with. He looked at the two ladies and could tell they had something to tell him.

Ludo stood up and walked to him, "This is Kate. She knows everything that is happening."

"So?"

"I say we work together with her."

"Hell No," Hunter refused. "As it is, you're handful I cannot add another person. That is risking everything have worked so hard for."

"She can be trusted, trust me Hunter."

"I said NO. If you want, you all can leave. I don't care," Hunter walked to the door and opened it.

"My husband was almost murdered by the Hamuumbu’s," Kate looked at Hunter.

"That's not my business."

"Please Hunter," Ludo begged.

"I want them to pay for what they did to my husband," Kate said with conviction in her voice.

Hunter was reminded of Hilary. He heard Hilary in Kate's voice. The courage and determination. He knew he had found another Hilary. He closed the door and told them to sit down.

"So here is the thing, the last time I worked with someone. She betrayed me."

"Is it the girl I saw in your car who was tied?" Ludo asked.

Hunter didn't answer.

"We won't do that to you," Kate said.

"You better not because trust me, I'll kill both of you."

Ludo's heart pounded.

"Ludo has access to the house. She's the only one here who can enter and leave the house with no hustle. She will continue doing what she does," Hunter said and looked at Kate, " You madam, If you want to be helpful, i want you to find out something for me."

"Anything," Kate said.

"Find out the schedule the old man leaves the house."

"Leave the house?" Kate asked. "Isn't he bedridden?"

"So that means he doesn't leave the house?" Hunter stared at Kate.

Kate bowed her head down.

"I have a question," Ludo said.

"What?" Hunter asked.

"The reason I'm here is because I'm in too deep with these people. You told me they wouldn't let me just be and I listened. That is why I'm working with you. Mrs. V here wants justice for her husband. That brings me to my question, what's your deal with the Hamuumbu's?" Ludo asked.

Hunter hesitated.

"If you don't want you cannot answer," Ludo said.

"Who is the girl in the photo?" Kate asked.

Hunter stood up and walked to the door, "Leave, I'll communicate with you. Do your jobs efficiently."

Ludo and Kate walked past Hunter. He slammed the door on them.

"What's his problem?" Kate asked as they walked to the gate.

"I don't know too," Ludo answered. "What did you come with?"

" A cab," Kate responded. "It’s parked there."

The two ladies walked to the cab. Before they could enter, Kate asked Ludo, "How is your manuscript accurately written about the Hamuumbu's?"

"Wish I could answer that Mrs. V," Ludo sighed. "I don't really know."

"That's strange," Kate said.

"It definitely is. I just want this to be over so that I could return to my old life,"

"How about that man at the restaurant?" Kate asked further.

"That is Evan. He's Brains in the manuscript and in real life," Ludo smiled.

"You heard what your hideous friend said. If you betray him, he kills you."

"I'm not going to betray him." Ludo said opening the back door.

"So you followed your daughter madam," the cab driver asked.

"Too nosey, just drive," Kate told him.

He drove out of the streets.

From the distance in between two trees watching the car leaving was Ethan with a cigarette in his right hand while holding a knife in his left. He had followed Kate from Triple E group of companies to the hospital, town till Hunters house.

Hunter paced about in his room. Ludo and Kate irritated him. He never liked working with people who asked too many questions. He wanted to go to the kitchen when he heard a knock on the door.

"What now?" He growled. "Ludo, it's late!" He yelled as he opened the door.

It wasn't Ludo he met eyes with.

"Hi Hunter," Ethan said punching Hunter on the face unexpectedly.

Hunter fell on the floor.

"Brawler," Hunter said getting up.

Ethan walked in and closed the door behind him and took off his jacket.

"I knew you had something to do with that girl. Don't you get tired being betrayed?" Ethan asked him. "Whatever issue you have with the old man, it's getting irritating now."

Hunter didn't answer.

"I wondered where you had been hiding. You hid pretty well, in plain sight. This is nice," Ethan said looking around. "I had people watch over this house. They got tired because there was no trace of you."

"Enough talk," Hunter charged towards Ethan throwing his forearms like a wrestler.

Ethan was caught off-guard and was thrown against the door banging his back on it. He watched the muscular Hunter running to him as he quickly stood up. Hunter threw a punch and Ethan guarded. Ethan threw one too and landed on Hunter's cheek knocking out a tooth. Hunter grew more furious and picked up the table and hit Ethan on the face knocking him cold out. Hunter dragged Ethan to his backyard to the carnage and threw him in.

"Think you can come to my house and beat me up," Hunter said.

Ethan gained conscious.

Hunter punched Ethan repeatedly till he was bleeding. He drew closer to him and whispered in his ear, "I'm killing your whole family."

"Not on my watch," Ethan said.

Hunter didn't notice that Ethan had a knife in his hand. In seconds, Ethan stabbed Hunter in the stomach at the same time punching him. Ethan slowly stood up and kicked Hunter again and again. He looked around the carnage and saw a bottle of diesel. He spilled it all over the place while Hunter was laying unconsciously on the floor. He got his match box and walked to the door. He lit the match and threw it on the floor. He walked out while the carnage started burning and locked it.

"Damn," Ethan cussed as he wiped blood on his face.

To be continued
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 18

© Brian Ngoma

A week and some days passed since Ludo had communicated with Hunter. She had left him several voicemails but he didn't call her back. She wanted to let him know about the progress she was making. She had become closer with Evan and he had started opening up to her about family matters. The only worry she had was Erica and Ethan. Erica made it known that she was not a fan of her and Ethan was mysterious as usual. Elise on the other hand had gotten busy taking care of the company and was hardly seen. Ludo even started taking care of Mr. Hamuumbu whenever she went to the house. On most occasions, with Elise busy schedule, Mr. Hamuumbu was left alone. Elise didn't like the idea of hiring anyone to take care of him, she preferred to do it alone but didn't mind Ludo taking care of him.

"Why are you smiling by yourself?" Zamiwe asked Ludo while they were watching a movie.

"Smiling?" Ludo asked.

"Yes. You seem happy the past days, what is it?"

"Hmmm, it's nothing mom."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. Can't I smile knowing I'm with you?"

"That's another kind of a smile," Zamiwe said.

"Whatever mom!" Ludo smiled.

"That smile," Zamiwe pointed at Ludo.

"Eish mom, leave me alone," Ludo chuckled.

"Who is he?"

"Who?"

"You have reminded me of the days I was falling in love with your father. I couldn't hide the smile on my face," Zamiwe said thoughtfully.

"That's sad."

"Get out, I was happy. I wonder where your father is," she sighed.

Ludo could feel her mother’s sadness.

"When was the last time you visited Mrs. V. at the hospital?" Ludo asked changing topics.

"The day before yesterday, why?" Zamiwe asked.

"You should visit her. She enjoys your company and I have seen it take your mind off some things."

"You're right. I'll visit her tomorrow."

Ludo and her mother continued watching the movie in silence. Ludo's phone rang and it was Kate. She excused herself and went to her bedroom to answer the call.

"Hi Mrs. V, how are you?" Ludo greeted her.

"I'm fine. Any news from your friend Hunter?" Kate asked concerned.

"Nothing till now ai."

"Maybe he thought of us as a baggage difficult to carry and decided to exclude us."

"Hunter cannot do that," Ludo said.

"But where is he?" Kate asked and went on. "I did what he told me to do and you're also making progress. It's time we do something I'm growing impatient."

"What can we do you and I Mrs. V?" Ludo asked. "Let's wait on him."

"I'm doing something Ludo. We cannot wait for him forever."

"Don't do anything Mrs. V. I'll go check on him tomorrow."

"You better. Call me," Kate cut the call.

Ludo could hear Kate's impatience in her voice. Unlike her, she was not in a hurry. Something had changed over the past days. She no longer felt like she needed everything to be done with. She threw herself on the bed and smiled looking at the ceiling. She grabbed her phone and hesitated.

"No, he will think I'm stupid," she threw it away. "What's happening to me?" She laughed.

The phone rang.

It was Evan.

Her smile widened.

"Hello Evan!" She said composing herself.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm reading," she lied. "What's up?"

"Can I disturb you for a second?"

"What is it?" She asked.

"I'm parked outside your house."

"Evan it's late. Mom wouldn't allow me to come outside."

"Please."

Ludo felt her heart sink.

"Five seconds."

"That's enough for me."

Ludo left her bedroom and found her mother had dosed off on the couch. She opened the door and got the keys to the gate and went to meet Evan. She found him standing by his car standing with a tall erect posture. Ludo walked to him trying to hide her smile.

"Hey you!" She said.

"Hi Ludo." Evan smiled at her.

"What is it? I have to go back inside. Mom is waiting for me."

Evan opened his car door and bowed getting something. He got some flowers and a box of chocolate and gave it Ludo.

"Here you are," He smiled handing them over to her.

Ludo hesitated.

"What do you want Evan?" Ludo asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know but I don't like this."

"You're playing with me. All the visits and the nonstop phone calls and texts, what's your end game?" Ludo stared at Evan.

"There's no end game Ludo," Evan put the things away and sallied forth.

Ludo felt her knees weaken.

He grabbed her hands and looked her direct in the eyes.

"I don't know how to explain this but I'm falling for you," Evan said.

"What does that even mean?" Ludo droop off her head.

"It means I have feelings for you Ludo."

"No No No," she shrugged stepping backwards. "what about Melanie?"

"Melanie and I are no more, “Evan answered.

Ludo kept quiet. She had never had feelings for anyone and no one had ever told her they had feelings for her. Everything was new to her.

"Give me a chance Ludo," Evan broke the silence.

"What chance?"

"To be your man."

"Hell No. I can't."

"Why?" Evan asked.

"I know what kind of man you are Evan. I cannot let that happen. I'm going back inside. Goodnight," Ludo turned around and started walking to the gate.

Evan ran to her and stopped her.

"Tell me you don't have feelings for me and I will never bother you again," He told her.

Ludo was confused. She didn't know what she was feeling nor how to explain it.

She put her hands on her hips staring at Evan.

Evan pulled her closer which she didn't expect. Everything happened in a split second when she found her lips locked with Evan's. She felt cold and her knees weakened. She found herself wrapping her hands around his neck. She couldn't explain the feeling. It was as if reality had ceased and was no more.

Evan slowly parted lips with her and stared at her. Her eyes had become dilated and they looked like that of cat.

"Tell me," he said.

"Tell you what," she let go of him and folded her hands.

"That you don't have feelings for me."

"It’s late Bye Evan," she ran to the gate and entered.

She sat on her bed and couldn't stop thinking about her first kiss.

"What was that?" She thought out loudly. "Hunter will kill me if he finds out this ever happened."

She kept thinking about the kiss and fell asleep. Her alarm woke her up the following day. She checked her phone and found Kates text saying she shouldn't forget visiting Hunter. She got out of bed and prepared herself and went to Hunters place. She found the gate was widely opened. From the distance, she saw two men standing and talking to each other. She could tell they were policemen because one had a police radio with him and the other had a badge and a gun on his hip. She decided to ask what had happened. She walked to them.

"Hey young lady, this is a crime scene, walk away," The officer told her.

"What happened here?" She asked.

"What's your business?"

"I know the person who lives here."

"How?"

"I used to bring him Chikanda (African polony). He is my customer," Ludo lied.

"Oh that's sad. He's body was found all burnt up a week ago."

Ludo's stomach turned.

"What did you just say?"

"Yes, some neighbours reported a fire and when the fire fighters came, it was too late. They only found the body."

Ludo couldn't believe what she was told.

"No No No that's not him. Hunter cannot die, not now."

"I'm sorry young lady but he's dead. You should be listening to the news more often."

"Did you check the body? How sure are you it was him?"

"Are you questioning our job?"

"No sorry," Ludo waved her hands.

"Ok now go away unless you have something to tell us that can help in the case."

Ludo walked away feeling despaired. She texted Kate and told her about what had happened to Hunter. Kate didn't reply. Ludo walked to the bus station blaming herself for everything.

Evan called her. She looked at her phone and hated herself more. While she was busy romancing with Evan, Hunter had been killed. She loathed what she had become.

"What?" She answered the phone.

"Hey, what's the problem? You sound cold," Evan said.

"State your business."

"Can I see you?"

"Why?"

Evan became quiet.

"I want to talk in person. Where are you?"

"Going to town."

"Let me find you at Society park." Evan said.

Ludo got on a bus to town. She had not realised that she was crying when a woman who sat next to her handed her a tissue.

"What do I do now?," she whispered wiping tears.

Elise and Erica were both at the house reviewing some papers they had received from their accountant. Elise was not happy at all. She had expected The income to rise but the company was making losses.

"I told you. You don't want to listen to me. Let's get rid of her," Erica said.

"This has nothing to with Ludo," Elise said.

"Everything is her fault. Ever since she came into our lives, a lot has changed. To make matters worse, she even tends to dad."

"Because no one wants to take care of him, just be grateful."

"Get rid of her."

"She will lead us to whoever is sending her. Ethan took care of one already. I have plans, don't underestimate me."

"Who did you take care of?" Erica asked her jaw dropping. "And what happened to your driver mom?"

"We found the car but he was no where near it. I assume he got tired of working for me and decided to run away."

Erica laughed and asked, "Wasn't Mr. Jabulani the highest paid driver here?"

Elise didn't answer her.

They continued reviewing the documents when they were disturbed by the maid telling them that there were some people outside looking for Elise.

"Who are they?" She asked.

"I think they are policemen." The maid answered.

Elise and Erica looked at each other. They both stood up and went outside. They found four policemen with guns in their hands waiting for them.

"Which one of you is Elise?" One officer asked.

"Me," Elise answered.

"You are under arrest for the murder of Bertha Banda. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say shall be held against you in the courts of law," the officer said as he cuffed her.

"Mom," Erica said looking at Elise taken away.

"Call Evan and my lawyer," Elise shouted.

Erica didn't know what to do. She had no clue of what had happened but she knew who Bertha was. She had heard a lot about her when she was a child and when she read Ludo's manuscript, her death was vividly described. Erica called Evan and told her about the arrest.

"Who was that?" Ludo asked Evan as she was with him in his car.

"Erica," Evan paused. "Mom has been arrested."

"Why?"

Evan only looked at her and drove to the house. Evan knew that Erica wouldn't be happy to see Ludo. He told her to go to the garden.

"What's up with you and her?" Erica asked.

"Nothing. Have you called the lawyer?" Evan asked.

"Yes I have. He's on his way to the station. We should go too."

"Alright let me change," Evan rushed upstairs.

He got back and found Erica waiting for him. They left the house. Evan texted Ludo that he was coming back soon and that she should wait for him. They got to the police station and found the lawyer waiting.

"Why aren't you with our mother?" Evan asked.

"She's talking with Ethan." The lawyer answered.

"Ethan?" Evan asked opening the door.

"Do it!" Elise said to Ethan.

"Do what?" Evan asked.

Ethan looked at Evan and walked out of the room leaving them.

"Evan sit down," Elise ordered him.

Evan sat down while the lawyer and Erica entered the room and sat as well.

"Mom what was Ethan doing here?" Erica asked.

"The same thing you are doing here. Let's get down to business," Elise said looking at the lawyer. "I'm been charged with Murder."

It was nightfall and Ludo was still in the garden. She was admiring it. It was taken care of pretty nicely. She got tired and bored. The garden made her feel somewhat at easy. It made her thoughts run away from what she had been told about Hunter. While sitting, she felt something move and stood up. She saw Mr. Hamuumbu sited on his wheelchair. All this time, she hadn't seen him. She walked to him and felt sorry for him. It was obvious they had forgotten he was in the garden with all the fuss.

"Oh poor man.... yet so rich," she said looking at the still Mr. Hamuumbu. "Let me take you inside."

As she started wheeling him, she heard the flowers screeching behind her. She turned but couldn't see anything. She got afraid and decided to leave the garden as fast as possible. She wheeled Mr. Hamuumbu and bumped into Ethan.

"Ethan!" She yelled.

"I'm brawler you have forgotten," he walked round the wheelchair.

"I was just taking Mr. Hamuumbu inside," Ludo said nervously.

"You have caused this family so much havoc Girl," Ethan looked at Ludo. "Now mom is apprehended."

Ludo trembled.

She heard the flowers screech again. Perhaps, it was a dog, she thought to herself thinking about what was to happen to her with Ethan standing in front of her.

"You have anything to say before I kill you?" Ethan was standing chest to chest with Ludo.

"Please," Ludo said.

"I have no time for this," Ethan grabbed her by the neck and strangled her in the process pushing Mr. Hamuumbu's wheelchair.

Mr. Hamuumbu fell on the ground and off the wheelchair.

Ludo fought for her life. She tried to scream and shout but the garden was far away from the house.

"Help please," she cried.

In that moment, she thought about how stupid she was. She had realised that she had put herself in arms way and the only person who could have protected her was no more.

While resisting, she looked at where Mr. Hamuumbu had fallen, he wasn't there.

"I'm sick and tired of this," Mr. Hamuumbu said behind Ludo and Ethan.

Ethan let go of Ludo to look at His father who had just spoke. He turned around and found him stretching himself holding a Maxim 9, handgun silencer combo.

"Father!" Ethan exclaimed.

"What the hell?" Ludo said holding her neck.

"What is happening?" Ethan asked shocked.

Mr. Hamuumbu walked to Ethan and said, "I have never been sick son," he hugged the confused Ethan.

Ludo watched in shock.

Ethan was equally shocked.

Ludo heard a silent gunshot and screamed. She looked at Ethan and his father and saw Ethan falling to his knees.

"I'm sorry son," Mr. Hamuumbu said looking at Ethan in the eyes.

Ludo witnessed a father killing his son.

After laying him on the ground, Mr. Hamuumbu got up and walked to Ludo and stood in front of her.

"Aren't you going to say thank you?" He asked her.

"You killed your son," Ludo said.

"I grew tired of his shit," Mr. Hamuumbu said.

Ludo was shaking.

The flowers screeched even more. Mr. Hamuumbu and Ludo turned their heads in the direction of the noise.

Ludo jumped to her feet in shock.

"Old friend," Mr. Hamuumbu said blowing the tip of his handgun.

To be continued
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 19

© Brian Ngoma

"What did you just do?" Hunter asked coming out of the flowers. "You killed your son," he walked past Ethan's body.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead Hunter?" Ludo asked with her breath quickening.

"Join us Hunter," Mr. Hamuumbu pointed the gun at him.

"Hunter!" Ludo called him.

Hunter walked to where Ludo was and stood looking at Mr. Hamuumbu with disgust written all over his face. He didn't utter a word to Ludo nor look at her.

"You never give up, do you?" Mr. Hamuumbu looked at Hunter. "I also thought you were dead. Ethan and his mother celebrated your alleged death."

"To kill me, you have to behead me, that’s when you can only be sure." Hunter said angrily.

"But those policemen found your body in the backyard," Ludo said confused.

"That wasn't my body. That was your friends, Mr. Jabulani," Hunter told Ludo avoiding her eye contact.

"Didn't you leave him dead in the car?"

"I went back for the body," Hunter's eyes were on Mr. Hamuumbu. "Enough with the questions, I'll deal with you later. I want to sort out this bastard."

Mr. Hamuumbu clapped.

"Wow, Hunter you're the man. I knew I didn't have to underestimate you. You know I got tired watching everyone messing up."

"Was that the reason you killed him?" Ludo pointed at Ethan's body.

Mr. Hamuumbu ignored Ludo.

"So Hunter, here I am. You have been wanting me all these years. What are you going to do about it?"

Hunter sallied forth.

"Wait, wait, wait," Mr. Hamuumbu yelled. "Not so fast."

"Don't test me, old man!" Hunter growled.

"You are all in my den, I make the rules," Mr. Hamuumbu said looking around. "Ludo this is where you make probably the most important decision of your life."

Ludo shook.

Hunter looked at Ludo.

"What?" She asked nervously.

"This is how it’s going to be. This man here," Mr. Hamuumbu pointed at Hunter. "He broke into my house to rob us. He couldn't manage and in the process, he killed my son."

Hunter took in a sharp breath.

"That's not what happened sir," Ludo said. "You killed your son. You shot him in front of my eyes."

"I know that," Mr. Hamuumbu laughed. "Who will believe you though?" Mr. Hamuumbu winked. "I don't talk nor walk. How could I have killed him?"

"You bastard!" Hunter muttered.

"Hunter broke into the house and killed Ethan, that's final," Mr. Hamuumbu was still pointing the gun at Hunter.

"No sir."

"Your choice, either you get to find out how the manuscript is accurately written or ...."

"Wait...... What?" Ludo jerked.

"You heard me dear," Mr. Hamuumbu said. "I know the secret behind the manuscript, in fact I'm the mastermind behind it."

"How is that even possible?"

"So decide, Manuscript or Hunter?"

Ludo was stuck. All the past weeks, she had tried and almost gave up in finding out the truth behind the manuscript. She looked at Hunter who was furious his eyes couldn't even be seen. The beard was messed up. He looked like he had been through hell and back.

"And Ludo, you're on our side now, isn't it?" Mr. Hamuumbu asked.

"What do you mean on your side?" Hunter asked.

"She's sleeping with Evan."

Hunter faced Ludo and almost grabbed her when she ran to Mr. Hamuumbu and hid behind him.

"I can explain Hunter, please......" She cried edging closer to Mr. Hamuumbu.

"You betrayed me," Hunter said.

"No, it just happened and I thought you were dead."

"Hear yourself speaking, that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Ethan almost killed you. Evan and Erica tried to kill you several times and now you're sharing beds with them, you disgust me young girl," Hunter shouted.

Ludo said nothing but cried.

"Hunter you may leave now; I'm sparing your life. It’s not mine to take but trust me, Evan will Hunt you down. You killed his brother. Now leave!" Mr. Hamuumbu yelled.

Hunter looked at Mr. Hamuumbu as he stepped backwards. Ludo hid her face behind Mr. Hamuumbu.

"And One more thing before you go," Mr. Hamuumbu stopped Hunter.

Hunter stopped.

"What happened that day wasn't my fault," Mr. Hamuumbu said.

Hunter felt his heart ache.

"It just so happened me and your daughter got sick at the same time and you know, I had to be operated on first, money talks."

"She was just a child. She needed the operation more than you did," Hunter felt a lump in his throat.

"Its money my friend. Yeah she was supposed to be operated on but I needed that doctor to operate on me. Didn't you even kill that doctor?" Mr. Hamuumbu nodded. “You and killing people. Respect your child’s memory by just disappearing. That's the reason I'm sparing your life. Would it be nice to kill your daughter and you? I wouldn't live with myself."

Hunter didn't answer but the muscles in his face tightened. With that, he disappeared as quickly as he appeared.

"Now Ludo," Mr. Hamuumbu turned to face Ludo. "Get my wheelchair."

Ludo did as told. Mr. Hamuumbu sat on it.

"Now scream and I hope your acting skills are great. We are about to have a show," he smiled.

He sat on the wheelchair and placed the gun in his jacket.

Ludo hesitated.

"Do you want to know about the manuscript?"

Ludo nodded.

"Now shout!" He commanded her. "Don't worry about hunter, he's long gone."

Ludo screamed her lungs out till the security guards came rushing to them. They found her on the ground by Ethan's body while Mr. Hamuumbu was sited still on the wheelchair dropping tears. Ludo was crying too. The security guard couldn't believe it was Ethan who was killed. If anything, he was supposed to be the last child standing because he was the fiercest one. One of them called the hospital and the police.

Ludo wheeled Mr. Hamuumbu back into the house and sat next to him in the living room. Two policemen came and asked to talk to her. They led her outside. After observing her and making her comfortable, they asked her, "what happened? You were with the old man."

Ludo thought about Hunter and Mr. Hamuumbu’s words.

"Someone broke into the house and shot Ethan," She answered.

“Wasn’t he shot from outside?” The policeman asked.

Ludo tapped her feet.

The two police man looked at her suspiciously.

“After breaking in, I think on his way out; That’s when he met Ethan and shot him.”

"Can you describe him?" The officer asked.

"Tall, dark and he has a beard. His eyes are also very dark."

She knew she couldn't say she knew him because the moment she said that, she would be implicated.

"Is that all?" The officer probed.

"Yes, that's all I can remember. It happened so fast."

Ludo went back to the living room where Mr. Hamuumbu was. Before she entered the room, she watched him on the wheelchair. Looking at him, she understood how he had played everyone into thinking he was really sick.

"Cut the crap, we are just the two of us," Ludo said entering. "Tell me, what do you know about the manuscript?"

Mr. Hamuumbu didn't move a muscle.

"Come on old man," Ludo knelt before the wheelchair. "Speak up!" She yelled.

"What are you doing?" Erica asked standing at the door.

Ludo stood up feeling guilty.

"Step aside from him," Erica told Ludo.

Ludo stepped aside.

Erica walked to her father and checked him.

"What were you doing to him?" She asked again. "Leave now!"

Ludo didn't say a word but left the room. She got outside and found Evan talking to the police. Evan didn’t see her walk past him. She didn't want to bother him. She walked to the gate and hoped she would find a cab to take her home. The nearer she got to the gate, the more she got afraid. Thinking about what she did to Hunter made her sick in the stomach. What if he was outside in the darkness waiting for her? She asked herself.

She found the security guard at the gate who just waved at her. The gate was opened for her. She got outside and felt the cold of the night seemingly telling her to go back inside. She walked further getting deeper into the darkness. Whilst walking, she saw someone standing at a pole in front of her. She couldn't see the person clearly but wondered what they were doing at that time of the night. Anyone could have asked her the same question. As she approached the stranger, she heard her name being called behind her. She turned around and it was Evan running towards her.

"Where are you going?" He asked when he got to where she was.

"I'm going home," she answered. "I don't live here."

"You cannot go like this, let me take you," Evan said holding her hand and leading her back to the house.

Ludo didn't say anything but followed. For a man who had just lost his brother, Evan behaved normally like nothing had happened. They got to the house and found Erica on the phone crying. As soon as she saw them, she turned her face away and pushed the door. Evan told Ludo to wait for him in the living room while he got something from his bedroom.

Ludo found Mr. Hamuumbu in the same position she had left him. She walked to him and stared at him. She felt like she could strangle him. She wanted to walk away when she saw a white paper in his left hand. She looked around and got the paper from his hand. She believed it was for her or at least a clue to how the manuscript came to be. She stepped backwards and wanted to flip it open.

“Do it from home,” Mr. Hamuumbu whispered. “Keep your mouth shut otherwise I will have you killed.”

Ludo looked around hoping someone had heard Mr. Hamuumbu speak but there was no one but her and him. Mr. Hamuumbu was clever. Ludo punched the air in frustration.

"Let's go," Evan said.

Ludo quickly walked to Evan and they went to the car. Evan was quiet all the way to Ludo's place. He didn't say anything or look at Ludo. Ludo could tell he was deep in thoughts and saying anything could have disturbed or angered him. She decided to also remain quiet all the way.

"Here you are," Evan said after parking the car.

Ludo unstrapped her seatbelt and opened the door.

"Did you see the man who killed my brother?" Evan asked sighing heavily.

Ludo was caught unaware by the question.

"Did you?"

"Yes."

"Can you describe him?"

"Tall, dark with a beard and dark eyes."

"Hunter!" Evan hit his head on the wheel.

"You will hurt yourself," Ludo said.

"Goodnight Ludo, I'll call you."

Ludo left Evan in the car. He watched her open the gate and entered. He didn't want to leave right away. He stayed a while outside Ludo's house. He started the engine and put the car in reverse. While trying to check the back, he saw Ludo's phone on the seat.

"Shit," he stopped the car.

He got it. Initially, his plan was to stay away from Ludo till he had sorted all the problems he had with his family so he had to give her back the phone. He got out of the car and locked it, went to the gate. Luckily, Ludo didn't lock it. Evan walked to the front door and noticed it was open. He knocked on the door and Ludo opened it.

"What are you doing here?" She asked startled.

"You forgot your phone," he handed it over to her.

She grabbed it without saying a word and pushed the door. Evan pushed it back.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Ludo bowed her head down, "Nothing."

Evan observed her and noticed she was sweating and shaking. From there, he inferred something was not right.

"Is everything alright?" He whispered.

Ludo was pulled back inside forcefully and the door slammed on Evan's face. Evan pushed it harder feeling it been pushed with so much force on the other side. He didn't stop till the person on the other side left it and with all the power he was pushing it, Evan found himself in the house with his face on the floor.

"Damn!" He cussed.

"So much for an entrance!" Hunter said holding Ludo.

To be continued

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by itsmaoaom(f): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2019
My heart almost pop out from my mouthshocked
Good job oyinprince

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by izaray(f): 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2019
Well done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Treasure17(m): 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
itsmaoaom:
My heart almost pop out from my mouthshocked Good job oyinprince
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Tonyspecial(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nice
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 20

© Brian Ngoma

Evan turned his head whilst on the floor and saw Hunter and Ludo. On the far left was Ludo’s mother tied up in a chair.

"What are you doing here?" Evan aggressively stood up.

Hunter stopped him. "I didn't come here for you," He said.

"You killed my brother," Evan said angrily.

"Oh I see you have been told," Hunter looked down on Ludo. "Unfortunate how lies spread."

"It’s not a lie, you are the only person I know capable of doing that, you killed Hilary too," Evan yelled.

"Her doing, not mine," Hunter said.

Evan stepped forward.

"Don't you dare," Hunter furiously looked at him.

Evan clenched his fists.

Hunter noticed and said, "Constrain yourself otherwise you will get killed."

"Hunter what do you want?" Ludo asked.

"Remember our deal?" Hunter asked back.

"Deal?" Evan looked at Ludo.

"Yes Evan," Hunter answered. "Just like Hilary, Ludo played you too."

Evan’s shoulders slumped.

"It's not what you think Evan," Ludo said.

"These women still end up disappointing me," Hunter nodded his head. "They fall for you."

Evan didn't answer but only looked at Ludo. He couldn't believe that she was working with Hunter.

"So you also killed my brother?" Evan stared at Ludo.

Hunter laughed.

"This is getting interesting," he said.

"No!" Ludo yelled. "None of us killed your brother."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Evan asked. "Not too long ago, you told me this man killed my brother."

"I did yes but I lied," Ludo said. "It wasn't us."

Ludo wanted to tell Evan about his father’s secret but she thought he probably knew too.

"Do you think I can believe anything you say at this moment. You conspired with this man to bring my family down and made me fall for you," Evan nodded his head.

Ludo felt weak in her knees.

"We didn't kill your brother," she cried.

"That's nonsense," Evan said getting his phone from the pocket. "You're both going to jail."

Hunter threw Ludo on the floor and maneuvered his way to Evan and grabbed the phone from him. Evan was standing face to face with Hunter. He had never seen him up close. His heart beat could be heard. Seeing Hunter that close scared the hell out of Evan. He had only heard how hideous Hunter was and in that moment, he believed every word he had been told.

"Give me back my phone," Evan gathered his courage.

"Or what?" Hunter growled. "I came for the girl. I didn't even want to hurt her but you showed up."

"I said give me back my phone," Evan said shakily.

"Do you hear how nervous your voice is?" Hunter smiled. "You are not cut out for this. You are a book man."

Evan thought about the chances he had fighting with Hunter. He had zero chances and that made him furious and when he became furious, he made stupid decisions. He decided to take the risk.

Hunter could almost read Evan's mind and he was prepared for whatever move he would make. Out of stupidity, Evan threw a punch which landed on Hunters cheek but didn't have any effect.

"You call that a punch?" Hunter touched his cheek.

Evan's eyes were widely opened with shock. He threw another one which Hunter blocked.

"I don't want to hurt you in front of your girlfriend," Hunter said.

"She's not my girlfriend," Evan said angrily.

Evan tried to kick Hunter but nothing worked.

"This is enough!" Hunter shouted carrying Evan in the air and threw him against the wall.

Ludo screamed.

Evan got up and staggered his way back to Hunter. He threw another weak punch. Hunter grabbed his hand and twisted it.

Evan screamed in pain.

"Stop it you're hurting him!" Ludo shouted.

Looking at Ludo while still holding Evans arm, Hunter kicked Evan on the face.

Ludo screamed even more.

Evan was on the ground. Hunter knelt before him.

"You have made me exhaust all the hatred I have for your family in you," Hunter grabbed Evans head.

He punched his face, "This is for my daughter."

He punched him again, "This is for all the pain your father put me through."

He kept punching him till his face was covered in blood.

Ludo couldn't believe her eyes. There was blood all over the floor. She jumped on Hunters back and ran her nails over Hunter's face. Hunter stood up while shaking her off his back. She stuck on it like glue. Hunter managed and she was in the air and hit her head on the floor. He went back to Evan.

Ludo got up feeling dizzy. She looked at her mother who was crying. While standing up, she noticed the piece of paper Mr. Hamuumbu had given her on the floor. She wanted to ignore it but knelt and picked it up while looking at Hunter standing before Evan. She opened it and it read;

'Ask your mother about the manuscript. She knows everything. She made you write it.'

Ludo looked at her mother dropping the piece of paper. She felt scared and had racing thoughts. She felt even more dizzy and lightheaded. She felt a rising feeling from the stomach to the throat. Her whole body became numb and tingly. She looked at her mother one more time and turned her head in Hunter and Evans direction. Ludo lost awareness and sounds became strange. She could feel a smell like that of a burning rubber. Her vision became blurry. She fell to the floor with her face hitting it so hard that she bit her lower lip and blood oozed out of her mouth.

Her body became rigid then her hands started twitching and then spread to all the body parts. Her whole body was jerking and eyes were repeatedly blinking while moving to one side and looking upward.

Hunter just stood there watching her. He looked at her mother who had cried her lungs out.

"Help her," Evan said breathing heavily.

Hunter didn't know what to do.

"The Lioness has been secluded from its cabs. The den is now weak more especially with the death of a successor. The wounded lion cannot do anything. The other two cabs are weak to do anything," Naveen laughed talking with Mr. Jackson from Bank of Zambia while at Radisson Blu Hotel.

"So is she coming?" Mr. Jackson asked sipping on his whiskey and gulped. "It’s getting late you know."

"She's coming, just wait a moment. I proposed a good deal to her, she has curled," Naveen said confidently. "Even though she was crying the whole time on the phone. It’s such a cruel world; she lost her brother."

Mr. Jackson laughed, "Women. Weak vessels."

"There she is," Naveen stood up.

Erica walked to them and was pointed to a chair. She sat without greeting them and got her bag. She removed some papers from it and handed it over to Naveen. Naveen looked at the papers nodding his head.

"Is that enough?" Erica asked impatiently looking around.

Naveen smiled and handed the papers to Mr. Jackson. Mr. Jackson got a paper from his bag and gave Erica. He later gave her a pen and told her to sign. Erica didn't hesitate.

"Those are all my shares," she paused. "Including Ethan's."

"It was good doing business with you," Naveen extended his hand.

Erica just looked at it and him disgustingly.

"Where is Evan?" Mr. Jackson asked.

"With his girlfriend," Erica stood up.

“That sick girl?” Naveen looked at Erica. “Hunter couldn’t get rid of that girl,” Naveen shook his head.

Mr. Jackson looked at Naveen surprised.

“Anyway, I don’t have time for Hunter and that same girl. They are just low lives in this big game.”

Erica was still staring at Naveen.

"OH," Naveen got his phone. "Done."

Erica checked her phone and off she went.

"Triple E group of companies is ours," Naveen said raising a glass of wine.

"Indeed," Mr. Jackson smiled.

"Here is to victory,” They toasted to their victory.

Jean sat in the car waiting for Erica. She had told him about her brother’s demise and as soon as he got to the house, he found her waiting for him with some bags packed. He didn't ask her anything. She directed him where to drive her and they got to Radisson Blu Hotel. She told him to wait for her in the car and like always, he did as told. She came back. She sat in the car and didn't say a word.

"Everything fine?" He asked.

She looked at him and answered, "Let's leave the country."

Jeans eyes widened. Even though that was what he had always wanted, he wasn't expecting it.

"To where?" He asked.

"Anywhere," she answered.

"I'll go with you anywhere," he leaned over and kissed her. "What about your family?"

"I don't care. Everyone will sort their business. I'm sick and tired of this."

"Alright."

"You came packed right?" She asked him.

"Yea."

"Ok drive to the airport."

Jean started the car and drove into the darkness.

Hunter sprint his way to Ludo. Not knowing what to do, he looked at her mother who gave him a stare as if signalling him that only her knew what to do with her. He walked to her and untied her. She went to where Ludo was and held her in her arms.

Hunter couldn't stay any more, he left the house leaving Evan on the floor struggling to get up. Hunter was determined to make Mr. Hamuumbu pay for his crimes.

After some minutes, Ludo woke up confused. She found herself in her mother’s arms.

"What happened?" She asked.

"You had a seizure," her mother answered.

Ludo got up. She touched her head and felt exhausted. She asked for water from her mother. When her mother went to the kitchen, she saw Evan on the floor. She gathered some strength and crawled to him. Evan looked at her and smiled. She then remembered what happened and got scared.

"Where is Hunter?" She looked around.

"Gone!" Her mother answered.

Upon seeing her mother, Ludo remembered what she had read.

"Mother!" She cried.

"What is it? It’s all over," her mother knelt before her.

"Get away from me," Ludo yelled.

Zamiwe was confused.

"You put me through this. You're the reason all of this is happening."

"What do you mean?"

"The manuscript."

Zamiwe touched her mouth in shock.

"How? Why?" Ludo cried.

Zamiwe looked at Evan and stood up.

"Yes mother, this is brains."

She stepped backwards.

"Mother what did you do to me?" Ludo asked.

Zamiwe knelt down and tears streamed down her face.

"Mother talk please!" Ludo shouted.

"A long time ago a man approached me and told me he had a good story about his family, only that the story was not fiction. I asked him why he wanted his family's lives to be made public and he told me that he was sick and tired of what they had become. He wanted everyone to be exposed."

"That's my father," Evan cut in.

"I never asked questions. I don't even know him. He offered a large sum of money and we were having financial difficulties with your father. I didn’t tell your father and I couldn't deny the money. I wrote the story myself and kept it."

"I don't understand," Ludo said.

"After you had showed interest in writing. An idea struck me, I started taking hypnosis classes from a good friend of mine at the hospital."

"Hypnosis?"

"Yes and that's how I fed you the whole idea but trust me, it wouldn't have worked if your mind was against it. You accepted it, made it your own and wanted it to be written."

"All those nights we sat together. That's what was happening. The soft music and all," Ludo's hand were on her head.

"What a mother!" Evan found his strength and stood up.

"I'm sorry Ludo," Zamiwe cried.

Ludo got up too and helped Evan. They all went outside while Zamiwe followed. Ludo led Evan to his car. After putting him in the car, she called her father.

"Dad where are you?" She asked.

"Please Ludo, I didn't know that all this would happen to you," Zamiwe said.

"It did mother. You just don't how much have suffered in the hands of the man you took money from. You sold your only daughter," Ludo looked at her mother.

Her mother couldn't say a word.

Ludo got in the driver’s seat and drove Evans car. After reaching an intersection, Ludo stopped and looked at Evan who was now breathing fine. She unstrapped her belt and got off the car.

"Drive yourself now!" She left him.

Evan called Ludo but she didn't look back. She walked in the dark road all alone.

To be continued

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by DivineSpecial(f): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2019
Oyin haff kee me
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by itsmaoaom(f): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
Oyinprince! Is this update real? Just asking smiley
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
Blood Lives Here - Episode 21 (Finale)

© Brian Ngoma

Ludo walked to a nearby station and texted her father. After a while, a car pulled over and Joe came out.

"Dad," she ran and hugged him.

"It’s alright Ludo, I'm here," Joe led her to the car.

They reached Joe's house which he was renting and he led her to his bedroom and told her to rest.

"How about you?" She asked.

"I'll sleep on the couch don't worry," he answered. "We can shift tomorrow, there is a two-bedroom apartment next door for rent should you decide to stay long."

"I'll be here for a while yea."

"Good I'll make arrangements,” Joe sighed. “Do you want to talk about what happened?”

“No dad,” Ludo answered." Maybe tomorrow. "

“Okay baby Rest now you can tell me about everything tomorrow morning."

Ludo couldn't sleep. She couldn't get over the fact that her mother was behind everything that was happening and for what? Money. She felt betrayed. She slept at five in the morning and was awoken by her father.

"Ludo come and see what's on the NEWS," Joe called her.

"What is it? I'm still sleeping," she complained.

"It’s Kate!"

"What?" Ludo quickly got out of bed and saw Kate on the TV being interviewed.

Ludo recognised the background. It was the Hamuumbu’s house. She sat down and listened to the interview.

The reporter asked, "So how did you know that this man was not sick?"

"I didn't know but that man over there did," Kate answered.

The camera shifted to Hunter in cuffs being led to a police car.

Ludo jumped to her feet.

"How did he know?" The reporter asked.

"I don't know but all I wanted was justice for my husband. These people almost murdered him and now he's in the coma. I'm willing to testify against their crimes and with the help of Hunter, I'm sure we will get justice," Kate said and went on. "This is all, thank you."

"How?" Ludo asked herself.

Early in the morning that day at 4am, Kate woke up to a pat on the back while on her husband bedside. She opened her eyes and found Hunter standing impatiently. She was startled.

"I didn't come to harm you, I need your help," he said.

"With what?" She asked rubbing her eyes. “I thought you were dead.”

“You are not the only one. Let's talk from outside."

They went Outside and Hunter told her what he wanted to do to reveal Mr. Hamuumbu’s secret. To his surprise, Kate accepted. He wasn’t surprised that much because he saw her determination the moment he talked to her back at his house when she followed Kate. It was time to end everything.

"Okay let's meet at the Hamuumbu residence," Hunter left her.

Kate went back inside to her husband. She stared at him and kissed him goodbye. She went home and freshened up wearing a black dress. She got on a bus and went to the house. She got there and was asked for an invitation to the funeral. She told them she was Ethan’s distant cousin.

“If you want you can ask my aunt Elise,” Kate told the guard. “OH she’s in prison.”

The guard had no one to ask, instead he just let her in. As soon as she got to the garden, she saw a camera man and a reporter. She knew that was Hunter's doing but where was he? She asked herself.

Kate searched for Mr. Hamuumbu and found him at the centre surrounded by people all passing their condolences to a man who didn't even say a word. She wondered where his other two children where at. She asked a maid and was told that Erica didn't come home when she left and Evan was upstairs and seemed sick. She knew that was her chance but prayed that Hunter would show up. She walked to Mr. Hamuumbu and stood behind him. As usual, Mr. Hamuumbu played sick.

Kate looked around hoping to see Hunter but couldn't. Since he was the one who came up with the plan, she knew she had to trust him. Kate charged in and grabbed Mr. Hamuumbu’s wheelchair and threw him out of it.

Everyone looked at Kate in shock.

"This man is not sick!" She yelled pointing at Mr. Hamuumbu.

They all looked at Kate like a mad person. One person rushed to Mr. Hamuumbu’s aid and knelt before him checking him.

"He's lying, he's a pretender. He has never been sick," Kate said.

Two bodyguards came to drag Kate out.

"She's mad," One person whispered in the ears of another.

Mr. Hamuumbu was still.

"Hunter where are you?" Kate looked around while the guards came at her.

As soon as they reached, she dodged them and kept shouting that Mr. Hamuumbu was not sick.

The camera man was rolling his camera.

The person tending to Mr. Hamuumbu was dragged from behind finding himself in the flowers. Everyone turned their heads in Mr. Hamuumbu’s direction, Kate too. She smiled seeing Hunter in an all-black suit kneeling down before Mr. Hamuumbu.

"This is your time to come clean," Hunter whispered.

Mr. Hamuumbu didn't move. Hunter removed a knife from his pocket. Everyone watched in awe. Hunter then stabbed Mr. Hamuumbu in the thigh making him scream and insulted Hunter.

Hunter got up and laughed.

Everyone was shocked hearing Mr. Hamuumbu speak.

"You bastard I will kill you," Mr. Hamuumbu shouted. "I told you to stay away. I should have killed you when i had the chance."

"See?" Hunter pointed at Mr. Hamuumbu. "This man killed my daughter and a lot of other people."

Sirens could be heard from outside the wall fence. Hunter constrained Mr. Hamuumbu till the police came. He looked at Kate while a reporter was about to start interviewing her. The police cuffed him and led him to the car. Mr. Hamuumbu was also led to the cars for questioning.

"Is that what happened?" Ludo asked Kate on the phone.

"Yes my dear it is all over now. Sadly, Hunter has been arrested. Mr. Hamuumbu is being questioned and I think Evan will be arrested too," Kate answered sadly.

"Good thing you did with Hunter," Ludo commended Kate. "Mr. Visashi will be proud of you when he wakes up from his coma."

"Hunter told me everything that happened," Kate sighed.

"It was terrible, I'm at my dad’s now."

"You will be fine," Kate said. "I have to go now. I'm going to the police station to make a statement. Can we include you?"

"I'm not ready for that."

"It’s okay dear. If anything, will let you know," Kate hang up the phone.

Ludo felt bad for Evan and Hunter. A few days later, she read in a newspaper that Evan was arrested too. With everyone in prison, she was now safe and her life would get back to normal.

Six months later, Ludo was on a bus coming from University of Zambia. She had gone to check if her name had been shortlisted but unfortunately it hadn't. She felt sad because she had hoped it would be. She sat on the bus feeling low and hoping that Copperbelt University would get her. She knew she couldn't do anything but wait. She saw a man sat next to her but her mind had drifted away from where she was. She smelled the man’s cologne and it felt familiar. Ludo turned her head to face him and it was Evan.

"Hey you!" Evan smiled.

Ludo was speechless.

"I'm out yeah. I made a deal with a district attorney," Evan sighed.

"But I thought you ...." Ludo stammered.

"Mother took all the blame, and As soon I came out, I wanted to see you. I went to your mothers and didn't find you," Evan said.

"Oh I'm no longer living with mom," Ludo said sadly. "I'm still finding it difficult to forget what she put me through. I still haven't forgotten what you also did to me."

"Take your time. I'm here for a long time," Evan smiled.

"But how did you find me?" Ludo asked him.

"Your mother gave me the address to your fathers and he told me you were at UNZA. Since I dint have anything to do, I followed you."

"That's nice."

They both went quiet.

"So."

"So."

They both said at the same time.

"You go first," Evan said.

"What happened to your family?" Ludo asked.

"Mom and dad are in prison as you know," Evan paused. "If it wasn't for Hunter, we wouldn't have known that my father was not sick. Wherever he is, I hope he found peace."

"I'm sure he did," Ludo said. “Did you hear that he broke out of prison?” She asked Evan.

“It was the talk of all prisons. Apparently, he inspired all prisoners that they can escape too.”

“That’s Hunter for you,” Ludo smiled. “He called some two weeks ago telling me to be careful of what I write about.”

“He did?”

“Yes. He denied telling me where he was saying he didn’t trust me. You are the reason,” She looked at Evan with a dumb face.

Evan scratched his head.

“I wouldn’t want to cross paths with that man, he beat me to a pulp Eish,” Evan said thoughtful. “How about Mr. Visashi? Is he out of the coma now?”

Ludo’s face became sad.

“Unfortunately, they had to take him off life support. The doctors said they did everything they could. Kate was devastated. She moved to the Copperbelt.”

“That’s sad,” Evan said.

Ludo asked, "How about Erica?"

"Erica left the country the night father killed Ethan. I still cannot believe that dad killed his first born son. Mother doesn’t want anything to do with him.”

"The company?" Ludo probed further.

"Naveen and his father run it now."

"And you let them?"

"There is nothing I can do and if there was anything I could, I wouldn't. I spent my whole life working for mom and everything I did was to show her that I could do things on my own. Its time I do things my way," Evan smiled.

"Good for you. What did you want to say?"

"I wanted to know your plans for tonight," Evan responded.

"You know I live with my dad now?"

"Yes."

"And ever since all this happened, he had been strict with the people I hang out with. The only friend he allows to come see me is Melanie."

"Melanie?"

"Yes Melanie. She's still around."

Evan bowed his head.

"Don't worry she's over you. She has a boyfriend now and he loves her," Ludo smiled.

"Does that mean you and I?"

"Mr. Man don't get ahead of yourself."

"I thought...."

"You thought what?"

"Six months is a long time, what if I found a man too?"

"That means you didn't," Evan laughed.

Ludo smiled.

"So dinner tonight?"

"You should come and talk to my father if that's not too much for you."

"No its not but he was hesitant in telling me where you are. I had to literally beg and convince him I came in peace."

"That's my father for you."

"I'll come in the evening, you should be prepared."

Ludo smiled and the bus started off. She felt her heart at peace. She didn't expect to see Evan so soon. Him sitting by her side felt like she had waited for him forever but she never told anyone she was going to wait for him. She was glad he was out. Another person she thought about each and every day was the Hideous Hunter. Ludo didn't tell Evan she saw Hunter because she promised never to tell anyone. Last time she saw him some weeks after he had escaped prison, he was no longer hideous. He had shaved clean and told Ludo that he had changed his identity and was now working as a teacher volunteer at a community school in the rural outskirts of the town. Ludo hoped the best for him. Her mother didn't miss her thoughts too. The road to forgiveness was still long but she knew that one day, she would forgive her. She was also working on a book but this time, she changed the genre. She was writing a romantic historical fiction. She sighed and closed her eyes to embrace the happiness she felt within her soul with Evan by her side. She didn’t know what was in store for them but whatever it was, she gladly was ready for it.

Last page flipped, THE END..

Part 2 of BLOOD LIVES HERE is ongoing already, you can read here - www.youngicee.com/category/blood-legacy

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Oyinprince(m): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2019
Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by DivineSpecial(f): 9:09am On Aug 07, 2019
Yo Oyin you're the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story by Tonyspecial(m): 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nice One

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. / Reject - A Suspence/thriller / Must Read : Confessions Of A Rough , Rugged And Raw Naija Guy ( 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 527
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.