Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab (32119 Views)

Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. / Mother Beats Up Teachers In Ibadan School For Disciplining Her Daughter (VIDEO) / Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Sterope(f): 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
It is not about you. Why do you keep making it about you? How does hijab affect your ability to function or study? Why do you care so much about an apparel that is of no concern to you?

ImaIma1:

If no one will die if they were the hijab, no one will also die of they don't wear it.

We should be able to separate religion from the secular setting and desist from being sentimental.

There are so many Muslim schools...public and private, they can go there if they want to combine religion and education
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by abdullahi45: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
Benite:
Oga it is not compulsory to attend the school, every institution is governed by rules, if you are not ok with it then take your child to islamic school were it is allowed. Shouuu na by force?
Indeed the so called Idris Olabode Badiru is a trouble maker. You can't force your rules on school, obviously your so called "Dr" title is a tragic waste with this your attitude and mentality, imagine your religion comes first before your childs education and well being. Every child is expected to dress same, that is why it is called "uniform".
You are truly Bad Mr Badiru and should be ashamed of yourself.

What a shame see how you easily jumped into a prejudice just because the scenario suits your selfish mindset. The world would have been a better place, if we learn to say the truth as it is... How can a federal government owned high school ban the use of a religious wear... Does the country's law comes first or that of the school.. Let's stop to be too subjective in our judgments.. No one deserves to be treated badly...
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by golpen(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
Okoyeebo:
[s][/s]

The parents saw the uniform code before bringing their kids to the school. Was hijab part of the acceptable uniform?

There is freedom of expression of religious views but why does the Sharia police destroy alcoholic drinks of Christian and Traditional worshippers' businesses in Kano?

Isn't that a violation of the rights of Christians and traditional worshippers?

Try to put yourself in the shoes of your fellow humans and don't carry religion for head.

Very funny how so low you go, trying to justify a wrongdoing by another wrongdoing. That's what people who lack the intellectual strength to drive home their points do.

If any person or party feels wrongly treated by any force whatsoever, they should seek redress in the legal court of the Federal Republic, not depriving another legitimate party of their rights in return.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by ImaIma1(f): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
It is not about you. Why do you keep making it about you? How does hijab affect your ability to function or study? Why do you care so much about an apparel that is of no concern to you?

Are you sure you are quoting the right person?

Where and at what point did I make it about me?

Why are you so passionate about the hijab? Does it define who you are or make you holier than those who do not wear it?

3 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by abdullahi45: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
itsme01:
smiley

1 Corrithians 11-6
For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

Africans dark hearted fools masqurading themselves as christlike.

*Your ancestors use veil, head ties and caps
*Jesus that they claim to copy, uses head coverings, skull caps, his mother holy mary uses scarfs and hijab, jews cover their heads but our Nigerian hypocrites get intimidated by it.
*The Orthodox Christians and the Colonialist cover their heads or hair but not the Coza coza hypocrites who now know better than jesus himself.
*Since this nonsense Americans introduced moraly bankrupt Pentecostal, they have done just about everything Jehovah, Yahweh , Jesus and Other Prophets warned Jews about, they would rather qoute verses written by mere disciples or followers of Jesus who denied him during his dieing moments to counter verses of Prophet of God like moses and Abraham....

Jesus already said he would deny them in heaven especially the ones who hide behind his name to nurture evil and hate against others.

We need real soul searching. How is my daughter.covering her hairs affect your daughter using a weave on?

Well said..

Since they can't obey why must they perturb others from obeying...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by HIV1: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mk12:

where exactly did the Quran say it should be worn all the time? don't you know hijab was already in existence before Mohammed and Islam came into existence?
Quite funny. Arguing out of ignorance
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Sterope(f): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
It is all about you. You have made it all about you. What does secularity have to do with individual outwear?

Yes, it defines who I am and it makes holier than you. How about that? Why so damn concerned about what I put on my head? How does that affect your health?

ImaIma1:

Are you sure you are quoting the right person?

Where and at what point did I make it about me?

Why are you so passionate about the hijab? Does it define who you are or make you holier than those who do not wear it?
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Okoyeebo: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
golpen:

Very funny how so low you go, trying to justify a wrongdoing by another wrongdoing. That's what people who lack the intellectual strength to drive home their points do.

If any person or party feels wrongly treated by any force whatsoever, they should seek redress in the legal court of the Federal Republic, not depriving another legitimate party of their rights in return.

Is there a lawsuit on this present matter in court?
What was the pronouncement of the court?

I suggest you get properly educated before you spew further ignorance.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
HIV1:

Quite funny. Arguing out of ignorance
You are the ignorant one blinded by religion

Was there no hijab before Islam? Answer me and stop dodging the question

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by bmos(m): 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
KelvinCX:
what's the big deal in removing hijab. If you can't comply with the rules then GTF out

Who is that pregnant man there?
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
It is all about you. You have made it all about you. What does secularity have to do with individual outwear?

Yes, it defines who I am and it makes holier than you. How about that? Why so damn concerned about what I put on my head? How does that affect your health?

Was hijab not in existence before Islam? Where exactly in your Quran were all women (not only Mohammed wives) I mean all women specifically instructed to wear hijab all the time

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by DonCortino: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:
Even though I'm a Yoruba
This stupidity by Yoruba Muslims should stop
There are more important things an average Yoruba should worry about
Like building skyscrapers estates industrial cities technological advancement and so on
This is just dumb and stupid

Islam us anti development. It's a drawback religion.

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by bmos(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
And this is why we have abdumutalab Of this world [/quote]

You mean the underwear bomber? Which prison is he cooling of self?

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Sterope(f): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
Now you are an authority on my religion cheesy

That is cute.
Mk12:

Was hijab not in existence before Islam? Where exactly in your Quran were all women (not only Mohammed wives) I mean all women specifically instructed to wear hijab all the time
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Benite: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
abdullahi45:

What a shame see how you easily jumped into a prejudice just because the scenario suits your selfish mindset. The world would have been a better place, if we learn to say the truth as it is... How can a federal government owned high school ban the use of a religious wear... Does the country's law comes first or that of the school.. Let's stop to be too subjective in our judgments.. No one deserves to be treated badly...
You should be ashamed of yourself abdullahi, see what religious extremism has caused you. Can a female Christian go to an islamic school and refuse to dress with hijab. Of course she will not be admitted in the first place. Nigeria is a secular state, institutions are governed by rules, that school is not the only school in Ibadan. If they dont want to abide by the school rules then they should take her to islamic school. Moreover there is a court ruling barring the use of hijab in that school, so it is the school authority that is being treated badly by the girl's overzealous father Badiru, i guess you know the law more than the court that ruled in favour of the school.
You are indeed a shameless extremist abdullahi.

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
Now you are an authority on my religion cheesy

That is cute.
You adopted someone else traditional wear and try to turn it into a religious one to cause problem in a secular state like Nigeria.
answer my questions and stop dodging. Are the imams and any other authorities in Islam bigger than I am?

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Infinityk: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
abdullahi45:

And will her hijab make those things impossible? Why can't people just try to be liberal and rational...
Lol lemme give u Muslims an example
When aregbesola was fighting for hijabs in school in osun
Peter obi another sensible governor in anambra, handed over all schools by to churches in anambra, all the missionary schools, after then
He supported them with money,after supporting them with money
Note: anambra was not in top ten rankings back then in waec
After peter obi did all these,the schools In anambra were getting better,d churches ran d school very well,in matter of few years,anambra jumped to number 2 on waec ranking only behind abia
Anambra has some of d best schools in d country
Anambra students are winning international competition
Now in osun where all they were concerned about is hijab
Osun built huge schools with debt
Osun now behind kano and borno in waec ranking
Osun with all d money spent foolishly on schools,osun couldn't beat ekiti and ondo in waec ranking
Note ondo and ekiti are Christian majority, they didn't care about hijab
In sw Nigeria or Yoruba land,areas with large Christians population have smarter kids in school
Ondo and ekiti,Christian majority,Ogun is also doing OK because of large Christians
Now oyo and osun that want to die because of hijab
Oyo and osun ,two States with largest muslims population are poor in education
After hijab in osun,nothing really changed
I want u to look at news of inventions and international accompliaments by Yorubas
U will always notice it's your Christian counterpart dominating
Now what's d usefulness of hijab
Note: I'm an atheist, I believe in my fore fathers traditions than some foreign religion
But I do a lot of research and come up with hard facts

Wait ,when igbos start to post pictures of their states and accomplishments and they show us raw data to prove it
Wait,don't u feel ashamed?
Don't u feel embarrassed
I don't hate Yoruba Muslims,but I hate stupidity a lot
What will I gain from hating Muslims but truth must b told ,that's what I'm telling u guys for god sake
Focus on things that are important, all of these things are stupid

Now u may say its her religion,blah blah blah
I don't give a fukk about anybody's religion
All I want is your impact of the lives of ppl around u
Is pastor faroyinbo d rapist not a Christian?
Is boko haram Fulani herdsmen not Muslims?
So don't bring any holier than u crap here
What I want is your impact,not stupidity
Yoruba ronu Yoruba ronu
Thanks,my name remains known as kola
For those doubting I'm Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by ImaIma1(f): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:

You are the one actually making it about you in case you haven't noticed.

Why are you getting so worked about a simple conversation?

Converse with facts instead of getting emotional. Why would what you decide to put on your head affect my sound health?

If you cannot converse without getting emotional, please don't quote me again.

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Infinityk: 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
HAKYN1:

Be proud of your Osu identity, no reasonable Yoruba man will talk like people who wake their parents with kicks, we don't need your horrible advice, building sky scrappers started long ago in Yorubaland when your ancestors were cave men. The level of humility is why they refer to the Yorubas as "omoluabi" and if you are one which I doubt, then you are opposite of "omoluabi"

Peter obi another sensible governor in anambra, handed over all schools by to churches in anambra, all the missionary schools, after then

After peter obi did all these,the schools In anambra were getting better,d churches ran d school very well,in matter of few years,anambra jumped to number 2 on waec ranking only behind abia

Osun with all d money spent foolishly on schools,osun couldn't beat ekiti and ondo in waec ranking

In sw Nigeria or Yoruba land,areas with large Christians population have smarter kids in school

Ondo and ekiti,Christian majority,Ogun is also doing OK because of large Christians

I want u to look at news of inventions and international accompliaments by Yorubas

Note: I'm an atheist, I believe in my fore fathers traditions than some foreign religion

Wait ,when igbos start to post pictures of their states and accomplishments and they show us raw data to prove it

Don't u feel embarrassed

What will I gain from hating Muslims but truth must b told ,that's what I'm telling u guys for god sake

Yoruba ronu Yoruba ronu

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Infinityk: 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
Rolings:

All you mentioned as what an average Yorubaman should worry about are things of the physical....muslims are more concerned about their spiritual life and religious obligations which even Christians should worry about, and it's a fundamental Human right so I don't see any stupidity here

Don't u feel embarrassed

Yoruba ronu Yoruba ronu

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by DrYa: 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
Recxzy019:
ISI has always been like this. Even during the time of Mr. M. B Malik, who served as principal for 6 years, nothing like this happened. I graduated from ISI in 2009, and our standards have been high. This man is probably looking for cheap publicity. ISI cannot compromise its standards especially now that the case has been won in court. This man should better calm down and save himself some stress. He can never win ISI in this kinda fight. Less does he know that UI VC's children also graduated from ISI.
tks guy, i finished from ISI in 2002, the principal was one very fat woman like that(forgotten her name), Arisekola's children were in school then, u need to see those guys, they way they spend, the shoes, etc, u no go see them arguing abt hijab, them no dey wear such things. i had a muslim friend that time who said she can never wear hijab, the target of the school that time was excellence, the way students were blasting WAEC (without cheating oo), infact if you no get 4A's and above then (now, i think its A1,B2,B3), ur name wont come out in the list .....i no know say d standard don reduce oo, for them to be fighting over hijab...nonsense and ingredients....

3 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Infinityk: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
coolnews:

I think you are the one that is rather dumb and stupid because what shall it profit a man to gain the world and lose hereafter.

Don't u feel embarrassed

Yoruba ronu Yoruba ronu

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Infinityk: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
deity:

You are not yoruba because there is nothing like a yoruba Muslim, that would not come out from a yoruba

Don't u feel embarrassed

Yoruba ronu Yoruba ronu

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Infinityk: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sainttops:

Alaye where is your brain paining you?

Don't u feel embarrassed

Yoruba ronu Yoruba ronu

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by confun: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2019
DrYa:
tks guy, i finished from ISI in 2002, the principal was one very fat woman like that(forgotten her name), Arisekola's children were in school then, u need to see those guys, they way they spend, the shoes, etc, u no go see them arguing abt hijab, them no dey wear such things. i had a muslim friend that time who said she can never wear hijab, the target of the school that time was excellence, the way students were blasting WAEC (without cheating oo), infact if you no get 4A's and above then (now, i think its A1,B2,B3), ur name wont come out in the list .....i no know say d standard don reduce oo, for them to be fighting over hijab...nonsense and ingredients....
lol.....
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by uchwar1: 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2019
Bsmartt:
This is disheartening. I hope they will also stop all female students wearing hijab in the University of Ibadan .
So university of Ibadan students wear uniform? Pls talk reasonably

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by golpen(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
Okoyeebo:

Is there a lawsuit on this present matter in court?
What was the pronouncement of the court?

I suggest you get properly educated before you spew further ignorance.

I educated you about the law suit and the issues therein in my first point to you. It is you who spewed ignorance by pronouncing a false court judgement and further spewed false justification by sighting an incident in Kano, to justify this case.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by rowrowland: 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:
Even though I'm a Yoruba
This stupidity by Yoruba Muslims should stop
There are more important things an average Yoruba should worry about
Like building skyscrapers estates industrial cities technological advancement and so on
This is just dumb and stupid
So they have to drop their fundamental rights to build skyscrapers and industrial robots. For the records: hijab is a basic part of our dress code. No Muslim will call for enforcement of male caps, turban or niqab. But to ask a Muslim girl to remove hijab is inhuman.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by golpen(m): 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2019
olowo16g:

ISI is owned by the University staffs it's not a public school, their school their rules

Staff comprising of Muslims and Christians alike, of their strong religious beliefs and values ,with provisions available in the Nigerian constitution. Moreso, this act doesn't affect a co-student or staff of the school in anyway negative, therefore forcefully preventing them from performing their legal religious right is the real crime, against the state as such.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by bmos(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2019

Your Senior Alhajis and Mullahs in Saudi would see Nicki twerk and their dicks would stand like Danfo gear. . [/quote]

Chei! Choi! Danfo gear ke! Man take am easy with the Mullah abeg. Anyway, nobody go see as they wear mama riga

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by LLMG: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
Bsmartt:
This is disheartening. I hope they will also stop all female students wearing hijab in the University of Ibadan .
universities don't wear uniforms. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Rolings: 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:

[s]Lol lemme give u Muslims an example

Don't u feel embarrassed

Yoruba ronu Yoruba ronu

For those doubting I'm Yoruba[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni Was Told To Describe His Sister’s Private Part - Father / JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.