Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab (32110 Views)

Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. / Mother Beats Up Teachers In Ibadan School For Disciplining Her Daughter (VIDEO) / Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by jrusky(m): 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mk12:

But the court said the school have the right to regulate their uniforms.
Which part of the constitution said one should wear hijab to school?

Bro it shocked me when these people(muslim) claims majority and claim the law in their babarism.

Let him show us the constitution that permit hijab in public schools.

5 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
maasoap:

Just listen to yourself! Must you lie to prove a point?
Secondly, was the school in question a Christian school which some Christian extremists must harrass the kids and their parents?
Did you see any student with nun or native doctor attire in the said school?
Have you ever seen Christians imposing their religious dressing on secular schools?
So you don't know that the use of hijab in the UK depends on each school authorities?

6 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by compton11(m): 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mk12:
if you can't keep religion in it rightful place, then leave secular education and focus on your religious education
u mean secular school that sing Christian song from Monday to Thursday?
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Sterope(f): 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
Right to freedom of expression, religion etc

No, the court haven't decided anything on ISI case.
I have been trying to find one case law that upheld the use of hijab, can't find it

Constitution or not, everyone deserves to be in school regardless of religion.

Mk12:

But the court said the school have the right to regulate their uniforms.
Which part of the constitution said one should wear hijab to school?

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by nogragra: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:
Even though I'm a Yoruba
This stupidity by Yoruba Muslims should stop
There are more important things an average Yoruba should worry about
Like building skyscrapers estates industrial cities technological advancement and so on
This is just dumb and stupid

That is how they start their lawlessness. Lawless religion from hell, that want to impose every of their sickening doctrines on all peace loving people of the world. Evil religion from evil land of Saudi Arabia where a Journalist was killed in cold blood from some orders from above, Islamic Jihadist murdering people in cold blood all over the the world, distabilizing freedom of many Nations all over the world, we were just spared of blood bath in Nigeria albeit temporarily with the death or should we say Coma of RUGA.

5 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by kingzephyr(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
I'll always say this..This country will not move forward if we don't remove religion and language/ethnicity sentiments!..Thank God for the kind of person I am..I can marry or relate with any tribe or religion!.

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by King44(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
it is the school policy set religion aside and obey!! is that too hard for you some people sha they want to trend by force

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by udemzyudex(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
I notice one thing about some Muslim fanatic, they always believe their religion supercede others and so they can do whatever they like all in the name of their religion.

What baffles me most is that I have a lot of Muslim friends and they act normal unlike what I do read online about some Muslims.

MURIC comes to mind.

4 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Africans dark hearted fools masqurading themselves as christlike.

*Your ancestors use veil, head ties and caps
*Jesus that they claim to copy, uses head coverings, skull caps, his mother holy mary uses scarfs and hijab, jews cover their heads but our Nigerian hypocrites get intimidated by it.
*The Orthodox Christians and the Colonialist cover their heads or hair but not the Coza coza hypocrites who now know better than jesus himself.
*Since this nonsense Americans introduced moraly bankrupt Pentecostal, they have done just about everything Jehovah, Yahweh , Jesus and Other Prophets warned Jews about, they would rather qoute verses written by mere disciples or followers of Jesus who denied him to counter verses of Prophet of God like moses and Abraham....

Jesus already said he would deny them in heaven especially the ones who hide behind his name to nurture evil and hate against others.

We need real soul searching. How is my daughter.covering her hairs affect your daughter using a weave on?

Do you biblical backing for this rantings?

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
Right to freedom of expression, religion etc

No, the court haven't decided anything on ISI case.
I have been trying to find one case law that upheld the use of hijab, can't find it

Constitution or not, everyone deserves to be in school regardless of religion.

The court haven't decided anything? What happened to the case then?
No one is stopping anyone from school. All we are saying is that the school is not your religious house.
Do you see Christians or traditionalist taking their religious attire to school?
Why don't you guys fight for the use of hijab in the security forces?

5 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
Get your daughter out of there. Stupid parent. Must you cause another round of unnecessary brouhaha. You are asking your daughter not to obey her teachers in school and you pray to reap the fruit or your labor on her. If you ain't pleased... gft here..

7 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Recxzy019: 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
ISI has always been like this. Even during the time of Mr. M. B Malik, who served as principal for 6 years, nothing like this happened. I graduated from ISI in 2009, and our standards have been high. This man is probably looking for cheap publicity. ISI cannot compromise its standards especially now that the case has been won in court. This man should better calm down and save himself some stress. He can never win ISI in this kinda fight. Less does he know that UI VC's children also graduated from ISI.

4 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by loverboy442: 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2019
apcmustwin:
Nonsense and ingredient. Is hijab part of the school uniform? Take ur child to a faith based school if hijab is your problem.
i don't know oooo! the man must be an 1di0t. the school has a uniform and you want your child to look completely different from other student. why not put on the uniform within the premises of the school and wear the hijab when out. n0nsense father and daughter

5 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by HIV1: 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
What is wrong with Hijab? Every reasonable and righteous person will know Hijab is Good. Did the girl in question wear Hijab on that principals head? The problem is those fanatical Christians who dont even know about their religion , infact Christianity is a scam . Tell me what do they do in Church that people can say is act of worship. Is Church not a place to go and dance , socialize and do other evil things? Most of my friend dont even go church on Sundays because there is no significant difference in the wat they dress to church and those prostitute on the streets. Look at the way the mother of Jesus Christ used to dress and tell me where she left her head uncovered.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by itsme01: 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
asuustrike1:

Do you biblical backing for this rantings?

Did you see anything contrary to the bible? Or your biased mind saw it as a "rant"..

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by ImaIma1(f): 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
Bsmartt:
This is disheartening. I hope they will also stop all female students wearing hijab in the University of Ibadan .

Universities do not wear school uniforms.

3 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
itsme01:
cool

*Jesus that they claim to copy, uses head coverings, skull caps, his mother holy mary uses scarfs and hijab, jews cover their heads but our Nigerian hypocrites get intimidated by it.
*The Orthodox Christians and the Colonialist cover their heads or hair but not the Coza coza hypocrites who now know better than jesus himself.
*Since this nonsense Americans introduced moraly bankrupt Pentecostal, they have done just about everything Jehovah, Yahweh , Jesus and Other Prophets warned Jews about, they would rather qoute verses written by mere disciples or followers of Jesus who denied him to counter verses of Prophet of God like moses and Abraham....

Jesus already said he would deny them in heaven especially the ones who hide behind his name to nurture evil and hate against others.

We need real soul searching. How is my daughter.covering her hairs affect your daughter using a weave on?

When last I checked, the school is called "international" secondary school, not Arabic secondary school.
And no, secondary school students in most schools in Nigeria do not wear weaves to school. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by OFFICIALAPCNG: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
itsme01:
cool

SUICIDE BOMBERS DEM DON ARRIVE sad
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
HIV1:
What is wrong with Hijab? Every reasonable and righteous person will know Hijab is Good. Did the girl in question wear Hijab on that principals head? The problem is those fanatical Christians who dont even know about their religion , infact Christianity is a scam . Tell me what do they do in Church that people can say is act of worship. Is Church not a place to go and dance , socialize and do other evil things? Most of my friend dont even go church on Sundays because there is no significant difference in the wat they dress to church and those prostitute on the streets. Look at the way the mother of Jesus Christ used to dress and tell me where she left her head uncovered.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

E be like say you no dey see well o.
Does any of those head covering look like hijab in your eyes?
Anything to support disobedience to school rules.
Both you and that girl's father are trouble makers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by loverboy442: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mk12:

there is no uniform for tertiary institution
UI has a uniform/ dress code for her students to look smart. if anyone wants to wear hijab, the person should do that at home or outside the school premises
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Cuteamigo1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Foryan:
My advice to the man withdraw your daughter
Instead of making a fool of yourself-Rules are rules

Although the law supports it but if the school does not you either remove it or withdraw her
If you remove it, ALLAH WILL UNDERSTAND

maybe the school is doing it because of insecurity
Who knows she might be hiding something there
Maybe a BOMB
#Who knows
Seriously? Very soon we all will start walking naked because only God know what we hide under our shirts and inside our trousers. I do understand you shouldn't force your rules on an institution but this is pure islamaphobia and nothing more. If he isn't satisfied with the school rules he should enroll her in a different school.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by jubangha(m): 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
some people want to cry,is it painful?hahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Sterope(f): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
It was struck out

Mr Akintola said that the provision of the constitution does not allow filing of a joint action in a fundamental human right suit.
He said that the section of the constitution on fundamental human right allows ”separate filing of an action on the matter”.

Well, when Christians pray every morning on school grounds in Jesus name is the definition of turning the school into a religious house. You don't see Muslims protesting. Talk about hypocrisy and pure undiluted hate and intolerance by the principal and the board of Governors of ISI undecided

I really find it difficult to understand how what someone wears define the next person. If I put on trainers, does that mean my friend is also putting on trainers. The hijab is personal, that is why it is on a Muslim girls hear and not the Christian girl. Also, ISI is not a private school. The principal is welcome to ban hijab in her school established with her own money on her own property.

Mk12:

No one is stopping anyone from school. All we are saying is that the school is not your religious house.
Do you see Christians or traditionalist taking their religious attire to school?
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Sterope(f): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
The hate is real. You will be fine
jrusky:

Bro it shocked me when these people(muslim) claims majority and claim the law in their babarism.

Let him show us the constitution that permit hijab in public schools.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by loverboy442: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mk12:

Did you see any student with nun or native doctor attire in the said school?
Have you ever seen Christians imposing their religious dressing on secular schools?
So you don't know that the use of hijab in the UK depends on each school authorities?
don't mind the goat. Christian women are not supposed to wear trousers but they do in banks and other institution that demands it.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by loverboy442: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
let the girl wear hijab while working in a bank na or maybe wear hijab as a soldier. rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by itsme01: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Chi59:

When last I checked, the school is called "international" secondary school, not Arabic secondary school.
And no, secondary school students in most schools in Nigeria do not wear weaves to school. Quote me anywhere.

1 Corrithians 11-6
For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

Quite ignorant, Arabic is a language which even middle east christians use, hijab is an headcovering which Traditionalist, Orthodox christians and muslim uses, even Biblical God odered it, ISI is a school built with muslim/christian and traditionalist taxpayers contributed to build with cocoa revenue.... now my daughter covers her hair like marry in the bible, and yours doesn't .. how as that affected your own daughter academically or moraly? Or you feel insecure and have to harras my daughter for covering her hair?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by HIV1: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
Chi59:

E be like say you no dey see well o.
Does any of those head covering look like hijab in your eyes?
Anything to support disobedience to school rules.
Both you and that girl's father are trouble makers.
Show your picture where you see Mary with head uncovered. The problem is that most people are so dirty in mind these days such that they will rather support wrong than right.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by JastSiryin(m): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
Okoyeebo:
You know the funny thing, this idiotic father is here fighting for hijab when Nicki Minaj is going to perform in Saudi Arabia to shake bumbum at those going for pilgrimage.

Your Senior Alhajis and Mullahs in Saudi would see Nicki twerk and their deak would stand like Danfo gear. cheesy
I'm sure some pastors go use that opportunity go Saudi for 'evangelism'. Na Nigerians holy pass. Hypocrites

Dey here dey carry religion for head when Saudi don invite Nicki Minaj to come twerk for them. Oponu.
he he...that "evangelism" part got me grin
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by loverboy442: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mk12:

i am still wondering why they haven't fought for it in security forces.

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by itsme01: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
OFFICIALAPCNG:
SUICIDE BOMBERS DEM DON ARRIVE sad

Am sure Jesus would be proud of your utterances, you and your hateful igbo comrades that hide behind faceless forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by kaludestiny10(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
[The wont because in universities, most departments dont put on uniforms. Thank you.quote author=Bsmartt post=79965594]This is disheartening. I hope they will also stop all female students wearing hijab in the University of Ibadan . [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni Was Told To Describe His Sister’s Private Part - Father / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.