Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab (32108 Views)

Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. / Mother Beats Up Teachers In Ibadan School For Disciplining Her Daughter (VIDEO) / Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by jrusky(m): 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
Oga doctor I'm disappointed in you with all your education you are still very stupid I mean very stupid.

Is Hijab the school in question dress code If no then you are very stupid once again.

You claimed the land is Federal govt land pls how is that your headache Pls are you Federal govt lawyer or land grabber

Dr whatever you called yourself you are really stupid.

Why did you Muslim just love creating unecessary scene for goodness sake Is there no Ansarudeen, Anwarudeen, Rabiudeen and all the *deens* in ibadan then take you child there and stop being silly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by clemzo101(m): 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
It is a federal school on federal property not a private Christian school. Under federal law, she can use her hijab.

Last I checked, they also do pray as Christians on school grounds Mondays to Thursdays. I don't see Muslim parents protesting.

go and wear it for her and take her to school Na, nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Abbeyme: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Africans dark hearted fools masqurading themselves as christlike.

*Your ancestors use veil, head ties and caps
*Jesus that they claim to copy, uses head coverings, skull caps, his mother holy mary uses scarfs and hijab, jews cover their heads but our Nigerian hypocrites get intimidated by it.
*The Orthodox Christians and the Colonialist cover their heads or hair but not the Coza coza hypocrites who now know better than jesus himself.

You are pained. Aint you?

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by maasoap(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
Well, these people will continue shouting "Islamisation agenda" and Muslims will be watching them helplessly until they finally took control of everything. That's their strategy. If not, why going against the constitution to frustrate others in exercising their constitutional rights? Islamisation my yansh.
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by tillerwzb: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
It amazes me how some people fight for things that don't add value to our society all in the name of oju aye . For the avoidance of doubt hijab Mideast Asian Semitic people have been wearing it even before Koran was written . it is their culture why should we be fighting over foreigners ideology . Acquaint yourself with the rules of the school if u can't deal take your ward off . Go to turkey morocco Tunisia Algeria Pakistan they are not religious about na we photocopy want to dey form original

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
Uniform that infringes on someone's fundamental rights undecided

Kids wear uniform to the school in the UK and also includes their hijab for the Muslims and turban for the Sikhs. No one has died yet.

well in Nigeria it is not allowed. even in the UK some schools don't allow it and the parents don't disturb the peace of the world. they either stay or take their kids to another school.

no one is stopping you from using hijab in your Islamic school.

the only right you have is the one given to you by the constitution.
should native doctors be allowed to also come to school with their attire?

8 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Truthwords: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
I am sick and tired of Muslims trying to play the victim card always. The hijab is not part of the school uniform that's why they were told to remove it. Imagine a white garment member wearing that cap or the gown on their uniform, they would have been told to remove it as well. Or imagine a traditionalist wearing juju on his/her neck while wearing the uniform. Muslims should just stop being petty

6 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Bgetto: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
Even bible said woman should cover her head and if she refuse she dishonor herself and the punish for that to shave up her hair and Christian are not even following their bible and i understand its impossible to follow bible and yet Christian claim they are going to heaven
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by itsme01: 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Abbeyme:

You are pained. Aint you?

grin grin

Me pained? Lol las las if we all become hypocrites na christians go die pass, abi no be naija again? Lol..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Okoyeebo: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
How does what Saudi Arabia decides to do affect me as a Muslim?

Don't carry religion on your head. Saudi that is your Holy land, Nicki Minaj is going to twerk there. Are you as holy as the Mullahs that invited her to Saudi?

Don't be like those hypocritical Christians who fight Muslims but when they go to Dubai, they share testimony in Church. Is Dubai a Christian country?

Don't be like those Muslims that struggle to give birth in the UK and US. Why don't they go to Saudi or Iran to give birth?

No carry religion for head. It would help you on the long run.

7 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Rolings: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:
Even though I'm a Yoruba
This stupidity by Yoruba Muslims should stop
There are more important things an average Yoruba should worry about
Like building skyscrapers estates industrial cities technological advancement and so on
This is just dumb and stupid

All you mentioned as what an average Yorubaman should worry about are things of the physical....muslims are more concerned about their spiritual life and religious obligations which even Christians should worry about, and it's a fundamental Human right so I don't see any stupidity here

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by blazer2018: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
Wahala wa o.

Why must they bend the rules of d sch for u and ur daughter because u lecture in UI? If u and urs can't adhere to their rules, move ur daughter to a Muslim college.

I thought these hijab parents just lost a court case to enforce hijab wearing in Oyo State schools...then what's d fuss again

Or better still let her go to ile kewu

6 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by maasoap(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
jrusky:
Oga doctor I'm disappointed in you with all your education you are still very stupid I mean very stupid.

Is Hijab the school in question dress code If no then you are very stupid once again.

You claimed the land is Federal govt land pls how is that your headache Pls are you Federal govt lawyer or land grabber

Dr whatever you called yourself you are really stupid.

Why did you Muslim just love creating unecessary scene for goodness sake Is there no Ansarudeen, Anwarudeen, Rabiudeen and all the *deens* in ibadan then take you child there and stop being silly.

I think you are the stupid person here. The man said that if they prevented his daughter from wearing her hijab in the school premises, that's understandable. But when the harassment goes beyond the school premises,that's overzealous and religious intolerance. You, Nigeria Christians are worst hypocrites I've ever seen. You're the oppressors and you are still ones making the loudest noise about one agendum or the other. Mtcheew!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
Rolings:

False.
Nuns go to school in their nuns dresses, you can't deny anyone right to education because of their clothing totally wrong.... What you may frown on is if this particular school has any law against that which they don't .
do nuns go to secular schools? don't you have Muslim school to use hijab?

6 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by HAKYN1: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:
Even though I'm a Yoruba
This stupidity by Yoruba Muslims should stop
There are more important things an average Yoruba should worry about
Like building skyscrapers estates industrial cities technological advancement and so on
This is just dumb and stupid

Be proud of your Osu identity, no reasonable Yoruba man will talk like people who wake their parents with kicks, we don't need your horrible advice, building sky scrappers started long ago in Yorubaland when your ancestors were cave men. The level of humility is why they refer to the Yorubas as "omoluabi" and if you are one which I doubt, then you are opposite of "omoluabi"
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
lacastre:

They will raise protest and fight for religious right but blame the government for every economic and tech problems.

Sensible comment. We tend towards "trivialities" in this nation. Quite frustrating!

4 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by vickydevoka(m): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Chiefqueenn:
If hijab isn't part of the school uniform, she shouldn't wear it. Simple
Babe aw far
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Sterope(f): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2019
Saudi is not holy land, Mecca and Medina are.

Also, Saudi did not define my religion. You can stop being silly and telling me what to care about.
Okoyeebo:

Don't carry religion on your head. Saudi that is your Holy land, Nicki Minaj is going to twerk there. Are you as holy as the Mullahs that invited her to Saudi?

Don't be like those hypocritical Christians who fight Muslims but when they go to Dubai, they share testimony in Church. Is Dubai a Christian country?

Don't be like those Muslims that struggle to give birth in the UK and US. Why don't they go to Saudi or Iran to give birth?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Sterope(f): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
Some schools you mean the 'public' schools?

In Nigeria, it must be allowed in federal establishment. We have more Muslim population and muslims unfortunately for you are very Integral part of the society. The constitution says she should be allowed to use her hijab. You are welcome

Mk12:

well in Nigeria it is not allowed. even in the UK some schools don't allow it and the parents don't disturb the peace of the world. they either stay or take their kids to another school.

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by QuickStandard: 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
Ritzy10:
Man Embarrassed As UI International School Refused Letting His Daughter In Because Of Hijab

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/man-embarrassed-as-ui-intl-school-refused-letting-his-daughter-because-of-hijab/

But are there no Muslim schools in Ibadan?
Why not go to another school if your daughter's honor is been violated like you assume.....

Some people just like causing chaos everywhere.

Your daughter can't obey the school rule, but you want the school to obey your religion

8 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by maasoap(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mk12:

Just listen to yourself! Must you lie to prove a point?
Secondly, was the school in question a Christian school which some Christian extremists must harrass the kids and their parents?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Rolings: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mk12:

do nuns go 5 secular school? doing you have Muslim school to use hijab?
Of course nuns go to secular universities.... My argument is against saying one has no business going to SCHOOL because of their dressing ,denying anyone education because of their dressing is wrong
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Victor08032(m): 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
THIS SO called MUSLIM FANATICAL FATHER SA
YOUR AIM IS TO MUSLIMIZE NIGERIA YOUR MISSION IS TO MAKE PEOPLE SUPPORT YOU
THOSE HIJAB GIRLS SOMETIMES WAITING SOME OF THEM WORK DAY PASS OLOSHO
JUST DEY USE HIJAB DISPLAY
winkwinkwink

3 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by golpen(m): 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
Okoyeebo:

There's a court ruling stopping them from wearing hijab. It is not a Christian or Muslim school. Let everyone comport.

This is false! There is no court ruling stopping them from wearing hijab, neither is it anywhere in the school rules and code of conduct that students should not wear hijab. Rather, the court had issues with the filing and presentation of the law suit, brought forward by the parents, therefore, the suit had to be filed in a manner conforming with their claims.

ISI is a school under the management of the University of Ibadan, which is a federal institution. This means, since there is a provision for freedom of expression of religious views in the Nigerian constitution, wearing hijab for students since it doesn't affect the well-being of a fellow student or the environment as a whole, should be allowed.

Stop being emotional and ask yourself how it affects you as a parent or your children, if another student wears hijab to school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Okoyeebo: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
Saudi is not holy land, Mecca and Medina are.

Also, Saudi did not define my religion. You can stop being silly and telling me what to care about.

Yes na. Shebi Mecca is in Burundi and Media is in Oklahoma.

I have no problem with your religious beliefs and I support you just as I support a Christian or Traditional worshipper.

My own is this, use your brain when practicing your religion. Humanity first, everything follows.

BTW, if you're in Lagos, I'm coming to eat meat in your house next Sallah. wink

8 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by jrusky(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
maasoap:

I think you are the stupid person here. The man said that if they prevented his daughter from wearing her hijab in the school premises, that's understandable. But when the harassment goes beyond the school premises,that's overzealous and religious intolerance. You, Nigeria Christians are worst hypocrites I've ever seen. You're the oppressors and you are still ones making the loudest noise about one agendum or the other. Mtcheew!

Mettazzine block head spotted***

Let him take his daughter elsewhere there is no where the law of the land says hijab is dress code in public schools ok beside we only heard the stupid man side of story which I know part of his allegation could be a lie because I know you Muslim always want to proof a point in a pointless argument so the damn MURIC a r s e holes we came blablaring.

Feck off bro.

5 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sterope:
Some schools you mean the 'public' schools?

In Nigeria, it must be allowed in federal establishment. We have more Muslim population and muslims unfortunately for you are very Integral part of the society. The constitution says she should be allowed to use her hijab. You are welcome

But the court said the school have the right to regulate their uniforms.
Which part of the constitution said one should wear hijab to school?

6 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Princeson77: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
Which Human Rights was he talking about? So, you don't know the dress code of the school before you enrolled your kids? Why are we so religiously sentimental in the country. Take your kids to Muslim schools where such dress codes are accepted or better still take them to Egypt, Sudan, Saudi Arabia and stopped your nonsense pls.

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/man-embarrassed-as-ui-intl-school-refused-letting-his-daughter-because-of-hijab/

[/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
Okoyeebo:

Only an educated mindset could compose a sensible comment like this. Thumbs up, bro!

4 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Okoyeebo: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
[s]
golpen:

This is false! There is no court ruling stopping them from wearing hijab, neither is it anywhere in the school rules and code of conduct that students should not wear hijab. Rather, the court had issues with the filing and presentation of the law suit, brought forward by the parents, therefore, the suit had to be filed in a manner conforming with their claims.

ISI is a school under the management of the University of Ibadan, which is a federal institution. This means, since there is a provision for freedom of expression of religious views in the Nigerian constitution, wearing hijab for students since it doesn't affect the well-being of a fellow student or the environment as a whole, should be allowed.

Stop being emotional and ask yourself how it affects you as a parent or your children, if another student wears hijab to school.
[/s]

The parents saw the uniform code before bringing their kids to the school. Was hijab part of the acceptable uniform?

There is freedom of expression of religious views but why does the Sharia police destroy alcoholic drinks of Christian and Traditional worshippers' businesses in Kano?

Isn't that a violation of the rights of Christians and traditional worshippers?

Try to put yourself in the shoes of your fellow humans and don't carry religion for head.

11 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
Rolings:

Of course nuns go to secular universities.... My argument is against saying one has no business going to SCHOOL because of their dressing ,denying anyone education because of their dressing is wrong
Not talking about university.
Do you see nuns taking their religious attire to public primary or secoundary school

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS / Sylvester Oromoni Was Told To Describe His Sister’s Private Part - Father / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.